UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[39/40] - BFC one window challenge - Treyarch eat your heart out!

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by Deleted User
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(

Overview:

Recently there's been a lot of talk about the standards of mapping, and how too many new mappers don't spend enough time and effort on their maps, and that most maps are 'box maps' with horrible broken features these days. Step forward first time mapper BreakfastClub with a map that truly makes a mockery of such pessimism and negativity.

Once in a while a map is released that is so mind blowingly revolutionary it actually transcends the boundaries of classification. A map so great, so wondrous, so immersive, so packed with stunning visceral detail, that the player actually forgets he is playing a video game and it actually blurs the line between fantasy and reality. If, like me, you've been left with a hollow, empty feeling playing map after monotone map, longing for a map such as this, then look no further, 'BFC's One Window Challenge' is THE map to end all maps. Seriously, all you wannabe mappers out there, you all might as well go home and quit, BreakfastClub has got it covered.

Level of detail:10/10

From the moment you step into the magical realm that is the 'One Window Challenge', the first thing that hits you like a right hook to the face is the sheer painstaking level of detail, from the dull grey walls, to the single model of a fridge, there's only one word that serves justice to such aesthetic beauty; stunning.

Custom content:10/10

Let me move on to the next part; features. If, like myself, you're a sucker for good, custom features, then you're are in for a treat here let me tell you. Ever thought 'I need a gun, but I'm not sure if I should waste 950 on the box'? Well in what can only be described as a stroke of genius, BreakfastClub has decided that the mystery box should be completely free of charge. Yep, that's right, you no longer have to worry about building up points, or gambling on the box, feel free to hit away knowing that your precious points will not be touched. Bravo (Treyarch I hope you're taking notes).

Fun Scale:10/10

It's a one window challenge. What else can I say? If anything's certain in this life, it's this: one window = FUN.

Replayability:9/10

You might be wondering how on God's green Earth I haven't given this map the full house: 40/40. I know, I'm prepared for the hate mail guys, and yes I know it's controversial. But the only thing stopping me from giving this a final 10/10, is that nothing, and I mean nothing, can replicate the rush you get when you first play this map. Much like (I'd imagine) your first joint, or injection of heroin, you come back hoping to get the same buzz you got the first time you played this map, and sad as it is, the high is never the same. So for that reason alone, I give it a 9.

Final Score:39/40

As close as it gets to perfection. It's maps like this that made us all fall in love with WAW, and the reason we all still play it, in 30 years time I'll be telling my grand-kids, 'I was there when BFC's One Window Challenge was released', and for that BreakfastClub I want to thank you. The question UGX needs to ask here, is not 'Is this map worthy of being on the Map Manager?', it's 'Is the Map Manager worthy of hosting this map?'.

Topic: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4167.0
Direct DL: http://www.mediafire.com/download/auo4uadmz1bfjbh/BFC+One+Window+Challenge.exe
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
LMFAO
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Ha, ha Stevie, I can just hear the contempt in your voice as you write this. It was so beautiful. Great review  :D
UM Member, Mapper and 3d Modeler
Date Registered: 8 February 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Port Arthur
Signature
pashan's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
'Is the Map Manager worthy of hosting this map?'.
  lol
Date Registered: 5 March 2014
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Ununpentium miner
jorgep28's Groups
jorgep28's Contact & Social Linksjorgep28
Nice review! I think we all just want to be at this level of mapping, scripting and imagination.  :troll:
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Wow, this review says it all. I wonder how I never came to the idea to make my mystery box free! And I should have taken out all the doors, that would be a lot easier.

Honoustly, great mappers can still learn something from this BFC guy. Sparky should really ask his CEO if they don't have a seat available at Treyarch.

Good review Stevie, looking forward to see more from you in the Future!

Lukkie1998
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
haxman123's Groups
haxman123's Contact & Social Links
Excuse me for being a saw thumb but.... we have all been there :/
Date Registered: 4 October 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Robot1337's Groups
Robot1337's Contact & Social Links
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
lol, Stevie, you crack me up
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Date Registered: 4 August 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MechromancerX's Groups
MechromancerX's Contact & Social Links
That review made my day :D
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
http://youtu.be/D4MoA0RNzv4

Best line: 'This map lacks some polish, but it's still better than Bridge'  ;D
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 9 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite