⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
Let's not forget me, stevie, and harry :please:

I have been releasing about a script a week at this rate, even working full time and away on vacation. Harry has more know-how than about any other person I have met, and Stevie is way too familiar with the limits of WaW making him a great tester for "upgraded" tools.

JBird and Pie likely didnt get selected because they are literally too good. I could see 3arc realizing they (Pie and JBird) have too much they can solve alone and not enough problems to find. Hitman isnt famous on youtube so thats why he didnt get selelcted, has enough talent for it.

3arc needs scripters and porters to start testing the tools. NOBODY gives a fuck about the stock assets we are gonna get. If they want tools to continue with the length/following of WaW they need to start pushing the viability of porting. Haven't seen nearly anything on that yet.

I dont think it is about who you know. Notice that no all-around modders have been selected to test (JBird, Pie, Hitman, Me, Harry, Stevie). Instead people with specific 'skills' have been selected. The biggest upset considering this trend is that Radimax doesnt have them.

You and I are still relatively new to the scene, especially compared to the likes of the current testers. Even Harry is new compared to them tbh. There's no way in hell we are going to be included in an alpha, and to be honest I don't think we should be.

Radimax doesn't even know how to get a map working in zombies. He just builds the scenery and level.

Treyarch aren't going to add (and shouldn't) any modder who can make a great mod. I think we should stop begging and pleading them to give us their shit, and just be patient. The only thing I wish for is PCdev to give us a little more information so we're not constantly speculating.

Also I really disagree with you about the stock assets. The only reason WaW assets are so despised is because they're old, and aren't up to standard 8 years later (obviously), they were enough to make great stuff with in ~2011. People who dismiss assets from games as recent as BO2 as "old" are just being selfish cockwombles. BO3 assets will be WAY more than sufficient to make great stuff with, at least for a year or two. Even Zeroy's box map for testing shit looks great visually.
Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:25:30 pm by Koan
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 5 May 2015
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Madgaz182's Groups
Madgaz182's Contact & Social Linksmadgaz182Madgaz182youtube.com/madgazgaming
Wow thanks guys for an utter massive kick in the crotch with this, why the hate on me, sure i dont do massive amounts of mapping but if you follow me closely you will know ive made more than just the BANANA COLADA perk machine model... but hey im not gonna start a slagging match, didnt expect this from this forum at all

Utterly disgusted
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
You and I are still relatively new to the scene, especially compared to the likes of the current testers. Even Harry is new compared to them tbh. There's no way in hell we are going to be included in an alpha, and to be honest I don't think we should be.

Radimax doesn't even know how to get a map working in zombies. He just builds the scenery and level.

Treyarch aren't going to add (and shouldn't) any modder who can make a great mod. I think we should stop begging and pleading them to give us their shit, and just be patient. The only thing I wish for is PCdev to give us a little more information so we're not constantly speculating.

Also I really disagree with you about the stock assets. The only reason WaW assets are so despised is because they're old, and aren't up to standard 8 years later (obviously), they were enough to make great stuff with in ~2011. People who dismiss assets from games as recent as BO2 as "old" are just being selfish cockwombles. BO3 assets will be WAY more than sufficient to make great stuff with, at least for a year or two. Even Zeroy's box map for testing shit looks great visually.

LilRobot and Rollon got them. So that kinda puts a dent in this theory.
Date Registered: 9 November 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Custom Zombies Videos: YouTube.com/RichGaming
Signature
YouTube: YouTube.com/RichGaming
Twitter: Twitter.com/RichGaming

RichGaming's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
RichGaming's Contact & Social Linksrichgaming1RichGamingRich_GamingRichGaming1
I decided to contact MadGaz regarding the situation of him apparently getting mod tools and he cleared the whole situation up with me.

Gaz has told me that he was only contacted by Treyarch due to his custom perks and modelling work and hence this is why he has been given access to the tools. Gaz told me that he believes everyone in this topic is right in thinking what they do but Treyarch chose him, he didnt ask or choose to be chosen. So he understands why people are pissed with it all and assured me that he would be too if he was in others shoes. He just wanted to ensure that people know he was only invited to the mod tools in relation to the perk machine models that he has recently created such as "Ammomatic" and "Perk A Lot" (Shown below).

Message I received:

Perk Machine Models Gaz Created:

This is just me passing on the information that he has provided me with via Twitter DM as he cannot post to this site without having to have his post verified by a moderator. What I have written above is in no way related to my opinion regarding the situation as this is not something I want to share. I'm just a lil old messenger. Hopefully this helps to clear it all up with you guys.
Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:05:44 pm by RichGaming
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Can he script ? No. Can he mod ? No. Can he model ? Yes. Get him we need him -pcdev
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 3 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
B R A V O   T R E Y A R C H
R
A
V
O

T
R
E
Y
A
R
C
H
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 10 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Tell him to send me the models and I will put them in WaW. If he can't do the rest, I can. He is nothing to the community if he doesnt share. I am gonna work on his Banana Colada since that model is available and send him a YT of it
I'm not if it was just me, but I read this in a passive-aggressive tone, and frightened myself :gusta:

Anyway,

I am in the same boat as Koan and SoulTaker, since I have only been here for over 2 years or so.
But I will say this, I understand that most great mappers on this site (JBird632, Stevie, Seth, Hitman, C.H.N, toomanytoputinsideofonesetofbrackets) probably deserve it, but bear in mind, they want to give the mod tools to a variety of people who each do different things to see how they would use the tools themselves (such as models, Mods, etc.)

Now, this is what I think might be the case. I could easily be wrong, but hey, that's what makes it my opinion, even if it may be wrong.
Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 02:27:40 pm by JiffyNoodles
[UGX] Social Networking & Q.A.
Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
MrSlagovich's Groups
UGX Team Member
Wow thanks guys for an utter massive kick in the crotch with this, why the hate on me, sure i dont do massive amounts of mapping but if you follow me closely you will know ive made more than just the BANANA COLADA perk machine model... but hey im not gonna start a slagging match, didnt expect this from this forum at all

Utterly disgusted
I get you guys are mad / upset but there's no need to sit and bash people who got it because other people didn't, I mean it's not the people who were chosen's fault. If you have a problem blame the people making the decision and don't sit here and bash people who who were picked. It makes everyone look like small children and makes the community look bad. Madgaz has done nothing wrong and there's no need to bitch about him.
Date Registered: 9 November 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Custom Zombies Videos: YouTube.com/RichGaming
RichGaming's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
RichGaming's Contact & Social Linksrichgaming1RichGamingRich_GamingRichGaming1
I get you guys are mad / upset but there's no need to sit and bash people who got it because other people didn't, I mean it's not the people who were chosen's fault. If you have a problem blame the people making the decision and don't sit here and bash people who who were picked. It makes everyone look like small children and makes the community look bad. Madgaz has done nothing wrong and there's no need to bitch about him.

Well said ^
Date Registered: 7 February 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Donations massively appreciated: paypal.me/DanT98
Signature
Stranded
Nacht Der Untoten: Reimagined
Encampment
Encampment V2: BO3 Mod

Mapper and Weapon Porter - I release what I can of my work for the community to enjoy :)
ProRevenge's Groups
ProRevenge's Contact & Social LinksProRevenge
Not gonna lie seems unfair they only gave it to people who bother PCDev on Twitter 24/7, what about those that dont even use Twitter :
I can see why they chose the people they chose though, they all have great talent and bring a lot to the table in different aspects of modding
Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 03:03:56 pm by ProRevenge
Date Registered: 25 June 2016
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Signature
Old School Game Designer/tester
This is a personal comment here.

A lot of people invited to the Alpha have had mud thrown at them and credentials questioned.

Really people should see any fresh faces as a good sign, it shows we are getting closer to beta as the tools are seeming stable.

We are still finding bugs that stop them working from time to time.

I get hounded daily by people asking me to get them on to the alpha as do others.

The tools will be ready when they are ready, and others are lined up to be invited.

I really wonder what to say at times, the mixture and make up of the current crop of testers fits what is going on in my view.

Sure I would love to see it all go faster and be in a beta stage, but I also understand why it is going at a slower pace.

YouTube/Twitter and major forums are all visited by guys from trey and in the alpha, so I would consider how you word things get noticed for the right reasons not the wrong ones.

Luv to you all

wakka
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87

Agreed, like I said in this topic, nothing against Madgaz he seems like a decent fellow, it's just a bit baffling that 3arc decided someone who doesn't even map/mod deserves the alpha over people like Radi, Jbird, Pieman, Harry, redspace, seth, etc (and there are plenty of others I could list, including dare I say myself) who live and breathe modding/mapping, but that can all be set right, come on pcdev you know what to do. :)
Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 03:20:09 pm by steviewonder87
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Again personal statement:

Remember these tools are not just about who can map in radiant.

The list of good mappers is massive, from MP/SP/ZM mappers across even older versions of cod

Lot's of names are put forward, but when it comes to mapping we also have in there own time people from Trey and Raven mapping and testing.

The tools yes we can do some of the mapping but not all, were still getting rid of some kinks.

I'm sure more ppl will come on when Trey are ready to send the invites, who knows perhaps some of those names listed have already been mentioned.

I'm limited on what I can really say, I see a number of names mentioned in priv now, be patient those who want you never know your email may land sooner than you think.
We do put names forward and a list I'm sure does exist
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Again personal statement:

Remember these tools are not just about who can map in radiant.

The list of good mappers is massive, from MP/SP/ZM mappers across even older versions of cod

Lot's of names are put forward, but when it comes to mapping we also have in there own time people from Trey and Raven mapping and testing.

The tools yes we can do some of the mapping but not all, were still getting rid of some kinks.

I'm sure more ppl will come on when Trey are ready to send the invites, who knows perhaps some of those names listed have already been mentioned.

I'm limited on what I can really say, I see a number of names mentioned in priv now, be patient those who want you never know your email may land sooner than you think.
We do put names forward and a list I'm sure does exist

For sure, and that's good, they need people with a variety of skills to test these tools out to the fullest, not just simply geo work. Perhaps people who do mapping and modding, I don't know, someone like *cough* me *cough* for example? :alone:

I'm gonna go back to pestering pcdev on Twitter now. ;D
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
I do know the testers on alpha list is growing this month, based on what ppl have msg'd me.

Loading ...