Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
This seems to be the only running argument here. Nothing I'm about to say is personally aimed at you JBird, I'm just using your reply because it was the first one I found scrolling down the quick view that had what I wanted to respond to in it...
I get what your saying, we do seem to like to flame anything and everything (it is the internet haha), but my response to this post was nothing to do with preventing people from using t4m, more just pointing out the fact that its like using a flamethrower to kill an ant - effective? of course, but its just not the right way in my opinion lol.
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:33:47 am by JBird632
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 March 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
JIGGLYPUFF used SING! YOU fell asleep!
Signature
Soy-Yo's Groups
Soy-Yo's Contact & Social LinksSoy-yoElCerdoRey
As there's a "[Guide] How to Play Custom Maps" we could add another step to download T4M and, for the ones who have the disc version, Lanfix and make them use it instead of the "original". So they won't even know they have it and won't have any issue playing the map. :D
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Going to make this comment without reading the 5 pages of replies (sorry) but here it goes.
I own the CD version of WaW. I use a Lan Fix exe and I've been using T4M just fine since it was released (never ever disabled it, it's so useful). It's literally a god-send for me.
Also, Pwn tried to make it compatible with the CD version, but due to exe's weird encryption T4M can't load properly into it. Blame the CD protection, not the author of the DLL.
In my opinion, the best way to fix the controversy would be putting up the LanFix exe on the T4M topic, but we'd have to make a special exception to the no-piracy rule.
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
Oh my god why is this still a thing. I went to work this morning thinking "that T4M thing was funny. hope they've calmed down now" and I come home to find it's still an issue... here I was thinking the customers at work were retarded for not being able to see the 10-feet wide IMAX sign.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Read through some replies.
What if the map that required T4M was like the most detailed and most feature-rich map ever made? That had Crysis like graphics. Would you still be bitching about it using T4M?
There's one reason why FS Mod without T4M is a no-go
Spoiler: click to open...
Jammy can't stop using multiple materials
Besides, T4M now loads a fastfile called mod_ex.ff over mod.ff, so you can put a warning message in mod.ff saying that the map was not intended to be run without T4M. That way, users will know T4M wasn't installed correctly before they even go into the map.
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
 :poker:

Mrw seeing this thread for the first time.

Anyway issues for Radi the CD key of WAW has 2 layers of protection. One is from when the compiler doing shit in the exe and the second one is it ignores dll's that are added by injection.

(T4M loads by hooking into the game from directx.)

Radi the fix to your issue is use T4M with a LAN Fixed exe that you can obtain from a number of sources. Still not back from Russia so can't post it directly.

Maybe I'll go ahead and make a 7-zip installer of it in the future too.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Not to derail perfectly sane thread, but are we just going to sit back and pretend that Bryan isn't getting a blowjob from some chick...or dude (not judging here).

Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Not to derail perfectly sane thread, but are we just going to sit back and pretend that Bryan isn't getting a blowjob from some chick...or dude (not judging here).

(Image removed from quote.)

Im dying :lol:
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87

It could easily be a guy now you mention it...
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
List of maps that require T4M:

Lavender Town - http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9018.0.html
Ode to BlackJackJonny - http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9716.0.html
PAX v2 (and v1) - http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9530.0.html
Xmas Cobos - http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9691.0.html
Christmas - http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9564.0.html
Potentally Nuketown Remastered when released according to some FS members
[UGX] Social Networking & Q.A.
Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
MrSlagovich's Groups
UGX Team Member

Yeah that was my boyfriend Jonny he's super good at giving head
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I read this and I read the previous content

honestly my head just hurts now...

Just to be clear, I in no way think the install for T4M is difficult, nor that we should make excuses for modders who are "incapable" of following a 3 step tutorial. Lots on "not call of duty 5" mods "require" these kind of things in the first place...

So those making that argument, its just silly. There is always someone too dumb to do something. I would know, i work with a lot of em

and saying people dont read the OP? Thats their problem. Unless you intend on limiting "modding" as a whole because some people are too lazy to read the top few lines of a OP

Im only against the fact lazy ass mappers are not managing their assets when they could be. And this bothers me because

"They leave the WAW guns in so can - still - barely fit anymore content in than we could WITHOUT T4M"

lol

I would also like to remind all, that "I" was the one advising on Lavender town that this infact DOES work with the CD version, and yet i got told to STFU via steam and leave the topic alone. So Its infact, half of the people "using" T4M that are the stupid people convincing others its no good. Just sayin...
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:53:06 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 20 July 2013
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
AoKMiKeY's Groups
AoKMiKeY's Contact & Social Links
I am going to start this by saying I am going to only write a small message but I know its going to end up being a page long. I, like Stevie, have been hearing and seeing a lot of this 'T4M is just not need', 'I don't play T4M maps' and other such useless statements that I tend to just ignore.

At the end of the day there is a lot of complexities to the whole idea of patching a game. Sure someone like me or the maker of T4M could rip into the source of the game and build it up and build it to be better and then ship it out but unfortunately that is highly against the EULA of the mod tools and everything else that has been release about the games inner workings that also follow and are sectioned under the EULA. Legally we can not give out a .dll and we really can not give out a .exe. As everyone knows, 3arch do not care about the modders, their communities or their players. They care about money and honestly that is the most worrying thing about the whole idea of sending out a beefed up version of the game. For one they could use the EULA and other agreements you agree to when you start up the game against the modder and try to take legal action. Of course this has never been outted to have happened but we have seen people being emailed from 3arks legal team telling them to take it down or more will happen.

So because of all that, its hard for us as a modding community to improve upon the platform that we mod. T4M is an excellent idea and at its current stage I am still seeing that amazing idea but unfortunately its not open sourced ( anymore ) and its trying to abide by those issues I have listed above. The game is so old and the BO3 modding tools has officially added the last nail to the coffin of CoD5 modding. We need to say Fuck you to 3ark and improve our platform but none of that will ever happen if people are against using a drag and drop file that patches the game to be able to run more.

Yes, I know. People are using it to be lazy but who the fuck cares. If people are being lazy with their maps then leave them to be lazy and they will see that laziness in the feedback they get on the map. At this point the maker of T4M should make an auto updater and pushed T4M to github so we, the community, can help build upon this idea and to get all of those features and limits we face at this point fixed or at least improved. Then everyone should make their map require T4M because once someone has had to play a map that requires it then they will have it. I strongly recommend getting it because it is something that helps map makers give the map players more content to play with. If we stay in the dark ages and our shitty asset limits and our engine limits then we will always be complaining about how the map is always crashing and how its not got enough X or its lacking in Y. We should all shut up and use the thing that makes the game better and for mappers makes the game easier to mod and map for. Why force back the release times of maps because of limits. There is no point. Its a waste of the mappers time to support something that can be easily fixed and its a waste of the communities time skipping through all the useless comments of the people that just need to learn to accept that there is something they will need to spend 3 minutes downloading and dropping into the correct folder to then never need to do it again.

The maker of T4M should create a simple website explaining what the tool does and how to drag and drop a file into the dir of cod and then also just make a simple download button to get the latest version of it. This way mappers can simple add a link to the website to make the process of getting the tool easier.

There are people that I have spoken to that do make maps and look down on the people that make maps that can not need to use T4M compared to their map for instance. Normally this would be a small map that requires T4M compared to a large map that does not require it. They will normally ague that if they had made there maps correctly they would not need it but to them I argue that there is no one way to make a map or the maps assets or how to make a well structured layout for zombie pathing etc. There is so much that mappers either need to be taught or need to find out for them selves that I am not surprised that more mappers are needed T4M to get to the release / Beta stage of their map.

I am completely in favour of this. I love the idea. I love the concept. I just wish it was open sourced. to the people that do not like this then they are the reason that the transition to a game with less limitations will be no easier than them getting over petty things like code stealing ( but that is a completely different topic ).

Tl;Dr -> Get lost. read my post or ignore it. What I have said can not be put into one like. but if you really are that lazy. You are the problem.

Ps: I have not read everyones post. I will go back to them though and edit my message if I see it fit. this is more of an open message to anyone against T4M.
There may be spelling / gammer issues but meh. I am sure you can get the gist of what I am saying.
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
Well puy Mikey :) But if we're supposed to let mappers just map, they won't figure out things by themselves if they don't have to, atleast 90% of the time. I have no issue with T4M. It's a fantastic addon to extend limits. I love it and support it every bit. I have an issue with the laziness some people tend to have using it. It's my own choice to not play the map because I found it a lazy decision to raise the bar instead of going beneath it.

It's all opinion based. It's my decision to not play their maps, so they understand that not everyone smiles at your lazy decision of using it. It's their decision to do so, and I do not dislike them, but choose to not play a map because I want them to try properly, and not take the easy way out.

There seems to be alot of people that think one side is ok with T4M, other hates T4M. That's wrong. I am a part of the negative side, but I LOVE T4M. Personally I can't ever see myself using it, but that's of my own reasons, not important here, but I hate the laziness, like I stated. Just don't get this wrong.

If someone chooses to be lazy, that's ok, but I will not play the map, because I want to encourage the mapper to use other methods.

Note that all I've just said applies to such maps that don't need T4M. Maps like Stevie's Oil Rig are hitting the limits as hard as it goes, so I'm ok with that, that's not an act of laziness to use T4M, that's simply a way of extending the limits to add more. There is the difference. Extending limits to add more, versus extending them to not fix your asset management.

I don't want people to make mods with t4m that don't need it, it's my opinion and I hope people respect it as much as I respect everyone else's opinion.  8)
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
lol lets be fair we knew this argument would happen anyway

hell ive had a ton of people screw at me for releasing my FF assets because "the mapper doesnt need to learn for themselves and your spoonfeeding them" - and - "now these assets will be overused"

ofc they would hate this too, it natural ;)

But im still saying people should learn to get what they can "without" T4M "first" until they legit hit limits so they actually have "extra" space and not the "same space" due to poor asset management

Pretty soon we will be seeing T4M mods hitting memory limit after adding 10 guns instead of the usual 1 because no one can be "bothered" ( and yes i mean cant be "bothered" ) to spend 5 minutes looking through csv files
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:31:32 pm by Harry Bo21

Loading ...