UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Is the toxicity I see in the"Map Ideas" section universal?

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by florodude
Date Registered: 4 November 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
florodude's Groups
florodude's Contact & Social Links
Hello, as you may notice, I'm fairly new to the community.  I've noticed that the "Map Ideas" is a toxic forum where players post their (sometimes not very good) ideas, and people spent the next 50 replies circlejerking how awful it is.  As I'm making my decision on how committed I am to this community, I want to know, is everybody as toxic as the "map ideas" section?  Or are there just a few trolls that have placed their cave there?
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
Most people simply find the ideas there silly, and feel the need to comment how bad it is, even if 10 people have already done it. Truth is most of the ideas that are submitted are sort of "stupid". Most of it goes about having one room, or every wonderweapon, every perk or similar attributes. You can see that when people actually do come up with some decent designs, they are welcomed by a not-so toxic mass.

Come up with another idea that people don't like, and you WILL get hate in the replies. It's just how it's gotten in these corners. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
The only ideas that we "circlejerk" around with are the ideas that are utter shit and have not thought put into them. There are plenty of posts that were kept on topic because they were actually well thought out and worth reading. But this shit that we get most of the time is just abismal.
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
my first map was simply an idea and it become a reality after more things come together, this is only one subsection of the forums so judging an entire site solidly by replies on boxmaps is unfair to the rest of the community hope you will discover the wonderful work in progress sections and try out the map under the category of Releases :) wish you best of luck and welcome to the zombie community
Date Registered: 10 November 2015
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
NomNomZomZom's Groups
NomNomZomZom's Contact & Social Links
If you don't like someone's idea, then explain why (has been done too many times, would make map too easy, idea is too hard to implement, etc.) not just say an idea is stupid.

Explain so people can understand where you're coming from, and not just feel hated on.

I feel that's kind of common sense, yet some need to hear it regardless.
Date Registered: 4 November 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
florodude's Groups
florodude's Contact & Social Links
Thank you NomNom, I agree wholeheartedly.  Saying X is shit isn't helpful.
Date Registered: 4 April 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Signature
Raatn
mala15's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
mala15's Contact & Social Links
Thank you NomNom, I agree wholeheartedly.  Saying X is shit isn't helpful.

Wholeheartedly agree too!

Reply with a short explanation and/or leave the thread.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I actually disagree

Sure some people cant control their crappy responses and I agree thats wrong, but not to the full extent described here

Its as MZ said, some of it - is just not what the section is for at all

I think some of this falls on the user. I for one, take a look around forum boards before steamrolling in, oblivious to what has been said / done before - or in most cases, with something thats entirely nothing to do with the board at all

If your gonna just completely ignore the other 100 posts in there, and still come in a post a "map" idea, that is just a list of guns, honestly i dont know what they expect? Coz the last thing i "expect" to see is "wow, great idea!"

Can you imaine if Treyarch did this? Hey guys got some great DLC coming your way! Gun, Gun, Gun, Gun, Gun, Gun and Gun - stay tuned.

People need to pay attention to what the board is "for" - just as much as people need to control their attitudes. Its called forum etiquette. This section has become a farce frankly, bar the one or two well thought out ideas that actually do get posted

So the long and short is - there is fault on "both" sides, as due to the shed load of utter uselessness we see in here, leads to people with actual map ideas, not wasting their time to post them
Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:13:14 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
mala15's Groups
I actually disagree

Sure some people cant control their crappy responses and I agree thats wrong, but not to the full extent described here

Its as MZ said, some of it - is just not what the section is for at all

I think some of this falls on the user. I for one, take a look around forum boards before steamrolling in, oblivious to what has been said / done before - or in most cases, with something thats entirely nothing to do with the board at all

If your gonna just completely ignore the other 100 posts in there, and still come in a post a "map" idea, that is just a list of guns, honestly i dont know what they expect? Coz the last thing i "expect" to see is "wow, great idea!"

Can you imaine if Treyarch did this? Hey guys got some great DLC coming your way! Gun, Gun, Gun, Gun, Gun, Gun and Gun - stay tuned.

People need to pay attention to what the board is "for" - just as much as people need to control their attitudes. Its called forum etiquette. This section has become a farce frankly, bar the one or two well thought out ideas that actually do get posted

So the long and short is - there is fault on "both" sides, as due to the shed load of utter uselessness we see in here, leads to people with actual map ideas, not wasting their time to post them

I don't think I disagree with anything you said ;)
Except I'm not sure what you disagree about.

I don't expect people to not react as they do, or feel that the sections need any of those kinds of ideas. And I feel they "should" check out other posts before posting an idea that may have many good arguments against it, or may simply have been posted way too many times already in one form or another.

I just would like there to be less hostile noise and more to the point arguments, or no response at all.

Response with signal/information:
Box maps have been made 100 times before, most people find it very boring and there's already far too many to choose from.

Response with pure noise:
Your ideas suck, please leave forever.

To me at least, it doesn't seem like we disagree.
I just don't see the point in bringing someone down, when we can tell them what's wrong without hostility;)

• steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(

But I don't think anyone has ever said that lol. Most responses are trying to be humorous usually rather than outright hateful. ::)
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000

I don't think I disagree with anything you said ;)
Except I'm not sure what you disagree about.

I don't expect people to not react as they do, or feel that the sections need any of those kinds of ideas. And I feel they "should" check out other posts before posting an idea that may have many good arguments against it, or may simply have been posted way too many times already in one form or another.

I just would like there to be less hostile noise and more to the point arguments, or no response at all.

Response with signal/information:
Box maps have been made 100 times before, most people find it very boring and there's already far too many to choose from.

To me at least, it doesn't seem like we disagree.
I just don't see the point in bringing someone down, when we can tell them what's wrong without hostility;)
- which is exactly what i just said ;)

some people cant control their crappy responses and I agree thats wrong

but not to the full extent described here
- here is my disagreement

- us saying the same thing
Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:45:32 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
mala15's Groups
But I don't think anyone has ever said that lol. Most responses are trying to be humorous usually rather than outright hateful. ::)

Hehe no, that was a quick exaggeration to easily get the point across :)

- which is exactly what i just said ;)
 - here is my disagreement
 - us saying the same thing

ok, seems we agree.
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
I sometimes treat my map ideas like an essay. If its good for quite sometime I start to work on an in depth post.

Usually no one reads them anyway because they always respond to the sh!tty ideas

Loading ...