arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
wot?
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Hey, at least mod tools are better than no modtools.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Hey, at least mod tools are better than no modtools.
no contest ;)
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
^ like me you mean, thats why i was slightly upset as i know WaW modding will die and i wont be able to experience the BO3 maps unless they allow custom maps to be played on consoles - which is easily possible. When i get a job i will for sure save up for a gaming pc or laptop
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
^ like me you mean, thats why i was slightly upset as i know WaW modding will die and i wont be able to experience the BO3 maps unless they allow custom maps to be played on consoles - which is easily possible. When i get a job i will for sure save up for a gaming pc or laptop
Possible yes, but the reason they dont is to lock down consoles from modding "period" as it is too risky ( leader boards, compos and dlcs, leaving the game open in many ways for people to abuse it ) as well as there being legal ramifications with MS and PSN - as it goes through their servers, consoles have never had support for deidcated or local servers

I really wouldnt ever hold out on consoles allowing modded content, they are not, and never were, intended for this. They are for a garunteed expercience, one way and one way only. This is one of the pros vs pc gaming, which is usually made to be adaptable in many ways ( although for some its just leniencey with graphics settings, but others allow much much more )
Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 10:15:27 pm by Harry Bo21
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
People are actually complaining about BO3 Mod Tools?

Jesus...this community never ceases to amaze in new ways to bitch about shit...:facepalm:

'But these tools are going to be too good, fuck Treyarch'
Date Registered: 17 July 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
- It was a clear black night, a clear white moon -
Signature
<3

AnimalLover

Aranda
Aldenrade
Christmas

<3

animallover's Groups
yeah why are people complaining? this is exciting news.. like i say i hope it gets the go a head and it works but who cares if its not like the World at War mod tools, it could be improved or even if its worse.. nothing stopping you from releasing a World at War map still
Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 10:52:39 pm by animallover
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
im not complaining, just stating the fact that about 60% of people who are "hyped" for this cant run waw without massive FPS problems and extremely low graphics settings yet these same people get excited about this? lol

Like I said the tools will be great, but only to those of us who are actually capable of running them in the first place
Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 10:56:10 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
yeah why are people complaining? this is exciting news.. like i say i hope it gets the go a head and it works but who cares if its not like the World at War mod tools, it could be improved or even if its worse.. nothing stopping you from releasing a World at War map still
People are complaining for two reasons I believe.

1) They have lower end hardware so they won't be able to play new maps that come out BO3 when everyone moves to move on BO3. Good custom maps won't even come out for a while so they have plenty of time to upgrade. Honestly a GTX 950 only cost a bit above 150$ so it shouldn't be that hard to save up after a while.
2) Since no porting or scripting has to be done you won't have to try as hard to make a map. ( I think this is what is being said) Since you don't have to port over weapons since all the BO3 weapons will already be ready for you to use there is no need to port until people get bored of stock weapons and features. So I suggest people port over WAW weapons to BO3!!!!
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
2) Since no porting or scripting has to be done you won't have to try as hard to make a map. ( I think this is what is being said) Since you don't have to port over weapons since all the BO3 weapons will already be ready for you to use there is no need to port until people get bored of stock weapons and features. So I suggest people port over WAW weapons to BO3!!!!
GSC is GSC, most of it will easily move over, porting older scripts forward is significantly easier than porting newer scripts backwards anyway
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
GSC is GSC, most of it will easily move over, porting older scripts forward is significantly easier than porting newer scripts backwards anyway
yep. like right out the door someone could copy paste everything from bo2 to bo3 and have a ton new features :P with minimal effort
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
yep. like right out the door someone could copy paste everything from bo2 to bo3 and have a ton new features :P with minimal effort
I said "easy" not "drag and drop... ofc some editing would be required. But by contrast, porting the retriever from BO2 to waw took 4 hours and was merely a case of creating the missing functions - which would not have been missing were i porting the other way around...

the language, synta, and a good portion of the functionality is still gonna be there. Anyone who can code in GSC, will not have trouble adapting
Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:18:02 pm by Harry Bo21
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
I said "easy" not "drag and drop... ofc some editing would be required. But by contrast, porting the retriever from BO2 to waw took 4 hours and was merely a case of creating the missing functions - which would not have been missing were i porting the other way around...

the language, synta, and a good portion of the functionality is still gonna be there. Anyone who can code in GSC, will not have trouble adapting

Totally agree. However, i feel its worth noting that Treyarch has probably revised parts of the zombiemode code a few times now and atleast some of the functions that we know exist in the current zombiemode(and scripts used thereof) probably don't exist in BO3 in an effort to clean up the code and make things more efficient(god knows the scripts need it).
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Totally agree. However, i feel its worth noting that Treyarch has probably revised parts of the zombiemode code a few times now and atleast some of the functions that we know exist in the current zombiemode(and scripts used thereof) probably don't exist in BO3 in an effort to clean up the code and make things more efficient(god knows the scripts need it).
also agreed
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
Yeah, just heard about this and I don't even know what to think. So, I decided that I just won't think about it at all.

The post was so vague... it implies a definite confirmation of custom MP maps and modes... but that could literally mean a fucking Halo forge, lol. No mention of zombies in the post either.

I cannot bring myself to get hyped -- if this turns out to be some sort of sick fucking joke, and the tools are just basic map/mode editors or MP only, I would have a total mental breakdown. I reserve enthusiasm until they're actually out.

And my God, it would be an absolutely astronomical shift for the community. Astronomical. I'd wager it would bring custom zombies to the forefront of gaming culture, rivaling Skyrim/Fallout mods on the Nexus. IDK how many current members could run the game, but I think, again, that we'd get a lot of new blood anyway.

That's all I can possible even think right now. Fingers crossed for the best.

Loading ...