UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: KDXDARK on November 02, 2015, 05:56:04 pm

Title: BO3 MOD TOOLS!
Post by: KDXDARK on November 02, 2015, 05:56:04 pm
EAT THAT SHIT JBIRD! :D

https://community.treyarch.com/community/treyarch/blog/2015/11/02/modding-mapping-tools-coming-to-black-ops-3-pc-in-2016 (https://community.treyarch.com/community/treyarch/blog/2015/11/02/modding-mapping-tools-coming-to-black-ops-3-pc-in-2016)
(http://i.imgur.com/HXL7CiO.png)

holy shit!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

(sorry for the spam)
Title: Re: BO3 MOD TOOLS!
Post by: timelordalex on November 02, 2015, 06:00:02 pm
I am surprised and a little upset aswell, i have hope that we'll be able to play custom zombie maps on console.
Post by: smasher248 on November 02, 2015, 06:12:17 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJmY61RubnU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJmY61RubnU)
Post by: BluntStuffy on November 02, 2015, 06:21:09 pm
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG, this must be a dream........
Post by: DeletedUser on November 02, 2015, 06:26:35 pm
I can't wait for everyones confusion with newer-gen technology  :troll:
People gonna be like "What's an ambient occlusion" etc etc... Just kidding :D

Hoping it's gonna be like a proper design package of sorts.
Post by: LegitimateRage on November 02, 2015, 06:28:56 pm
I'm elated at this news! However, it's a bittersweet reveal for me.. I struggled to even play the Beta on PC, wanting to play the full Game on PC would mean near enough a full system upgrade, which is far too expensive atm :(

Perhaps one day I'll be able to enjoy Custom BO3 Zombies but for now I gotta stick to WaW and PS4 Shadows of Evil..

I wish all the top map makers in this community (really, there are too many too list) the best of luck in designing top-quality Maps and ideas. Some Custom WaW Maps have been even better than Treyarch's creations from 2007 till present, and that was on an 8 year old Game! I have no doubt in my mind this community will blow Zombies out of the water! :D
Post by: KDXDARK on November 02, 2015, 06:31:55 pm
First custom map confirmed, ballbags one window challenge of doom  :please:
Post by: ProRevenge on November 02, 2015, 06:42:03 pm
This eliminates gun porting off the to do list of a map :D

Seriously awesome news, so much potential
Post by: IHammY/ on November 02, 2015, 06:42:56 pm
multiplayer mods only confirmed :I
Post by: DeathBringerZen on November 02, 2015, 07:15:55 pm
Mod tools are coming! Long live UGX!

This is easily the best news we could ever have hoped for. I cannot wait to see what we can achieve as a community, and look forward to seeing some of the best talents take on these new tools and provide us with some amazing stuff to keep this dedicated community going well into the next decade and beyond.

Thank you Treyarch for once again proving why you are the best at what you do with this wonderful franchise.
Post by: SoulTaker on November 02, 2015, 07:30:00 pm
multiplayer mods only confirmed :I
I can only imagine that it goes without saying that of course they will be zombie mods.
o:
Post by: MrDunlop4 on November 02, 2015, 07:51:46 pm
Thats amazing :D :D :D
Post by: jei9363 on November 02, 2015, 07:59:29 pm
8 games later :) wow cant wait for the nazi_zombie_subway(s) of BO3
Post by: chromastone10 on November 02, 2015, 08:05:25 pm
so much unbelievable amounts of hype right now, I totally called mod tools once i saw them bring back a lot of stuff from waw like gore in campaign/mp, 4 play coop campaign, ect.
Post by: Bwc66930 on November 02, 2015, 08:34:18 pm
lets remember bo1 mod tools, they had a countdown to radiant and all, but they shoved it under a bus

i wait until it actually happens to believe it, remember this is activision pulling the strings
Post by: Marsvinking on November 02, 2015, 09:15:19 pm
This might be great but i also thinks this is really bad and dissapointing, now we dont really need to port or anything like that anymore, its just place and compile and play basiccly.
And What will happen with Custom Zombies for the WAW Community, if this happens it will end and people will start making shit for BO3 instead but it is really dissapointing if we cant make maps for the consoles.
But i dont really see the point of them releasing it, WAW will die then and then it will be too easy to make maps, even people who dont know anything will be able to make a map, because it will include so much and no need for porting and the limits are increased which is a good thing though but it has to be difficult, and things wont be much of a custom zombie if we use the pre ingame models.
Then its just like a fricking Farcry 3 - 4 Editor which u just place the shit and then play.
I dont even think they will use pathnodes xD thats a good thing though

I might be wrong in something so please no hate :)
Post by: Cold_banana on November 02, 2015, 09:30:05 pm
Lets just hope they keep their word.
Because if during the alpha and beta stages of the mod tools people go crazy and start ripping shit for everywhere they may just pull the plug like with BO1.
If this does happen then World at war has been great but we need to move on to something that can support the creative ideas and not have too much restrictions.

I might be alone in this but I cant wait for the World at War mod for BO3!
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 02, 2015, 09:48:09 pm
This might be great but i also thinks this is really bad and dissapointing, now we dont really need to port or anything like that anymore, its just place and compile and play basiccly.
And What will happen with Custom Zombies for the WAW Community, if this happens it will end and people will start making shit for BO3 instead but it is really dissapointing if we cant make maps for the consoles.
But i dont really see the point of them releasing it, WAW will die then and then it will be too easy to make maps, even people who dont know anything will be able to make a map, because it will include so much and no need for porting and the limits are increased which is a good thing though but it has to be difficult, and things wont be much of a custom zombie if we use the pre ingame models.
Then its just like a fricking Farcry 3 - 4 Editor which u just place the shit and then play.

:o
Post by: Centric on November 02, 2015, 09:59:28 pm
I can't wait till bo3 guns are considered bad to have in your map :D
Post by: animallover on November 02, 2015, 10:00:26 pm

Hahahaha !  :D
Post by: DeletedUser on November 02, 2015, 10:06:14 pm
So... will that mean having COD4/W@W guns in your map be a good thing?  :o
Post by: daedra descent on November 02, 2015, 10:08:52 pm
Lets just hope they keep their word.
Because if during the alpha and beta stages of the mod tools people go crazy and start ripping shit for everywhere they may just pull the plug like with BO1.

My thoughts exactly. Everyone is getting all hyped and forgetting that Treyarch has pulled the plug on a mod tools release before. with BS excuses.  We really don't know if they are going to release them for real until they do it.

Even if they do, how much are we actually going to be able to do? They say maps, gamemodes, and more(?) but that doesn't necessarily mean near complete access to the game's files like we currently have with WaW's tools - tools that Treyarch themselves used for the development of WaW and even recent CoD games like ghosts:

@0:13 and @0:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OFv9eWIKY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OFv9eWIKY)

Post by: Bwc66930 on November 02, 2015, 10:11:36 pm

So... will that mean having COD4/W@W guns in your map be a good thing?  :o
:kidding: no
Post by: arceus on November 02, 2015, 10:49:05 pm

this point isn't really valid as it will go threw the same cycle was did at first there will be only bo3 guns but as the years go by it will start to change and we will start to look at custom made or ported content

Double Post Merge: November 02, 2015, 10:49:35 pm
also leviathen 2: time to get more wet cause were bigger :P
Post by: mala15 on November 02, 2015, 11:04:41 pm
First I was thinking that if they announce mod and map tools again, they would make sure they first get a clear green light from activision to do this.

But after reading what "Director of Development" said in the press release I'm not so sure:p
The wording makes it easy to pull back on any of these promises :\

We'll have to wait and see :)
Post by: jrascov on November 03, 2015, 12:09:27 am
The hype is real right now but I am not sure if this will be some sort of publicity stunt of some sort. Overall I am glad to see a possibility of custom material and maps in black ops 3.
Post by: tylerandmoroll on November 03, 2015, 12:16:43 am
I can already imagine a UGX Mod 2.0 or something for this. I say 2.0 instead of 1.2 because, I figured with a such a huge upgrade and jump from World at War it would be an insane second edition on it's own. Either way, definitely excited for this!
Post by: vinnyz500 on November 03, 2015, 12:18:05 am
i really hope that they release beginner and advanced tools. So all people on the PC modding community can make an entry level map but us more experienced mappers can have the full radiant power like for World at War. Also i would like to see the ability to port over .map files from world at war, so we can take our current projects over to the new game. From what ive seen in the trailers that show off radiant in them, when they say mod tools i think they mean radiant in its fullest form not some easy to use far cry style thing. Just going to keep my hopes up, should be really amazing and will be the first time i spend 60 bucks on a game for my PC  ;D
Post by: MAK911 on November 03, 2015, 12:39:49 am
this point isn't really valid as it will go threw the same cycle was did at first there will be only bo3 guns but as the years go by it will start to change and we will start to look at custom made or ported content
Told you guys. We'd reach a high at some point and this will be it. Nothing to port because our current weapons would be crap and the only thing fueling the features department of maps will be custom made. I is happy.
Post by: Donkey22 on November 03, 2015, 01:25:51 am
The Hype is EXTREMELY real. Can't wait to see what the community comes out with for Black Ops 3. With the things people have done on a game as old as World At War such as Project Viking, Leviathan, Oil Rig, ( Box Maps  :gusta: ), the possibilities for such a new game like Black Ops 3 are infinite.
Post by: Bwc66930 on November 03, 2015, 01:29:27 am
i see the future

*buy mod tools for $15.00*

*buy gun pack to add to map $10.00*

*buy car model pack for $5.00*

*release map for $1.00*

*buy map for $4.00*
Post by: arceus on November 03, 2015, 01:30:55 am
Box Maps
box maps... we can rebuild them, make them better, create a new evolution of btoxmaps.... we can create box maps++
Post by: Centric on November 03, 2015, 02:07:49 am
box maps... we can rebuild them, make them better, create a new evolution of btoxmaps.... we can create box maps++

But... Box Map++ is already a thing :O
Post by: liamsa669 on November 03, 2015, 12:04:04 pm
:'( all my "impossible" models will be possible now! curse u treyarch! treyarch is now below sledgehammer (the bottom) on my like list. well i can always port a 1 trillion vert model, if maya can stay open durring the export :D
Post by: johndoe on November 03, 2015, 12:19:34 pm
:'( all my "impossible" models will be possible now! curse u treyarch! treyarch is now below sledgehammer (the bottom) on my like list. well i can always port a 1 trillion vert model, if maya can stay open durring the export :D
gee bill! 1 trillon verts?
Post by: animallover on November 03, 2015, 01:43:50 pm
Starting to think this is gonna work like the far cry games.. huge fan of them and thought they worked great for the map editor.. but lets hope not because I don't think it would work that great with just an editor..It really depends how they do this so I wont get my hopes up.. World at war all the way
Post by: Ramiabdh on November 03, 2015, 02:59:13 pm
So now, let's say goodbye world at war, you have done very good until now, but your time is up.
Post by: DeletedUser on November 03, 2015, 03:32:32 pm
! YESSS! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs)
Post by: CreepersAreEpic on November 03, 2015, 03:58:08 pm
Stairway to hell BO3 edition incoming!!!  :troll:  :nyan:

But anyways I'm so excited to see what the community can do for BO3.
Post by: timelordalex on November 03, 2015, 05:54:50 pm
i can see the first map coming out being a box map, and as soon as the tools are released people will get to work with cool maps, but one guy will wanna be the first to get a custom map out for Bo3, and it'll be a box map.
Post by: DeletedUser on November 03, 2015, 06:14:19 pm
i can see the first map coming out being a box map, and as soon as the tools are released people will get to work with cool maps, but one guy will wanna be the first to get a custom map out for Bo3, and it'll be a box map.
A box map with Shadows of Evil stuffs :pffft:
Post by: MechromancerX on November 03, 2015, 06:15:09 pm
First map boxmap and the second map will be a mp map that already has a prefab in the modtools like waw castle  :please:
Post by: DeletedUser on November 03, 2015, 07:18:22 pm
Exactly the reason why there will be a closed alpha, don't you think?
Post by: JBird632 on November 03, 2015, 07:19:48 pm
I wonder who they plan on getting for this closed alpha? Maybe they will select some people from out community :P
Post by: Bwc66930 on November 03, 2015, 07:20:13 pm
What if the people in the closed alpha make a box map
Post by: DeletedUser on November 03, 2015, 07:22:33 pm
I wonder who they plan on getting for this closed alpha? Maybe they will select some people from out community :P
What if the people in the closed alpha make a box map
I think that there will be probably a signup thing where you have to apply and link to a portfolio showing stuff you made in earlier cods.
Post by: timelordalex on November 03, 2015, 07:42:04 pm
I think that there will be probably a signup thing where you have to apply and link to a portfolio showing stuff you made in earlier cods.

and what if the people in charge of this sign up are big fans of box maps?
Post by: Bwc66930 on November 03, 2015, 08:02:10 pm
and what if the people in charge of this sign up are big fans of box maps?
Then we're fucked
Post by: SoulTaker on November 03, 2015, 08:18:44 pm
Have to be kind of honest I feel bad for those with lower end hardware, but video cards are getting cheaper so upgrading shouldn't be that bad if you save some money.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 03, 2015, 08:20:21 pm
its great news but lets not forgot...

A awful lot of people from this site can barely even run waw, and make the argument "some of us cant just go out and buy new hardware"

Now i am in full support of "if you cant afford it then you need to save up" - but when i said that - i got my head absolutely chewed off because apparently that statement is outrageous

So If these people cant afford the other cod games, cant afford a proper rig to actually run the game, and claim saving up is impossible. Are we really sure these tools are gonna be helpful? lol

Im all for em, but think only those of us who take this stuff really seriously are gonna find any use for it at all
Post by: liamsa669 on November 03, 2015, 08:27:21 pm
obviously they will choose me to be the 1st person :troll: I will beat their limits and make others think its 10x better than it is... #100 krakens at 1 time with #100 of each boss :D
Post by: SoulTaker on November 03, 2015, 08:45:20 pm
its great news but lets not forgot...

A awful lot of people from this site can barely even run waw, and make the argument "some of us cant just go out and buy new hardware"

Now i am in full support of "if you cant afford it then you need to save up" - but when i said that - i got my head absolutely chewed off because apparently that statement is outrageous

So If these people cant afford the other cod games, cant afford a proper rig to actually run the game, and claim saving up is impossible. Are we really sure these tools are gonna be helpful? lol

Im all for em, but think only those of us who take this stuff really seriously are gonna find any use for it at all
Sooner or later they will need to upgrade. I mean I feel bad for them having to play on probably such low resolutions.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 03, 2015, 08:47:30 pm
Sooner or later they will need to upgrade. I mean I feel bad for them having to play on probably such low resolutions.
again, I said this

they said

"$%^^ you Harry! some of us aint rich and cant just blow 10000000 of $$$$$$$$ on whatever we want" yada yada yada yada

Then when i said "you save up over a month, or two, even a year or more"

then they said

"$%^^ you Harry! some of us aint rich and cant just blow 10000000 of $$$$$$$$ on whatever we want" yada yada yada yada
Post by: SoulTaker on November 03, 2015, 08:56:56 pm
again, I said this

they said

Then when i said "you save up over a month, or two, even a year or more"

then they said

I have to admit (not trying to bash those people) people like that are just as bad as the people who refuse to buy a new console yet complain that they don't get the newer games coming out.
Post by: animallover on November 03, 2015, 08:59:38 pm
I've just bought a 970 graphics card and upgraded my ram.. as soon as i seen this i made sure to upgrade my pc! No flies on me ;)

knowing me.. i would just wanna be that guy to make the first box map.. haha  ;D
Post by: DeletedUser on November 03, 2015, 08:59:58 pm
I don't need 60fps to enjoy the game, 30fps does well for me too.
Post by: SoulTaker on November 03, 2015, 09:05:17 pm
As long as it's a constant 30 although I do love 60 more. I'm fine but if it jumps down even a little to 25 FPS I'll lower the settings.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 03, 2015, 09:18:25 pm
I agree, but half these guys cannot even run waw above 800x600 at 20FPS lol
Post by: arceus on November 03, 2015, 09:40:31 pm
soooo..... anyone wanna donate to the buy arc a new pc foundation :P

I'm disappointed though.. by the time this comes around i probably won't be able to run it on the pc or upgrade ;-;
so ill have fun watching the stuff on youtube :P
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 03, 2015, 09:45:27 pm
soooo..... anyone wanna donate to the buy arc a new pc foundation :P

I'm disappointed though.. by the time this comes around i probably won't be able to run it on the pc or upgrade ;-;
so ill have fun watching the stuff on youtube :P
^ See

Weve known this has been coming for 3 years...
Post by: arceus on November 03, 2015, 09:47:50 pm
wot?
Post by: DeletedUser on November 03, 2015, 09:50:28 pm
Hey, at least mod tools are better than no modtools.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 03, 2015, 09:50:51 pm
Hey, at least mod tools are better than no modtools.
no contest ;)
Post by: timelordalex on November 03, 2015, 10:11:35 pm
^ like me you mean, thats why i was slightly upset as i know WaW modding will die and i wont be able to experience the BO3 maps unless they allow custom maps to be played on consoles - which is easily possible. When i get a job i will for sure save up for a gaming pc or laptop
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 03, 2015, 10:13:18 pm
^ like me you mean, thats why i was slightly upset as i know WaW modding will die and i wont be able to experience the BO3 maps unless they allow custom maps to be played on consoles - which is easily possible. When i get a job i will for sure save up for a gaming pc or laptop
Possible yes, but the reason they dont is to lock down consoles from modding "period" as it is too risky ( leader boards, compos and dlcs, leaving the game open in many ways for people to abuse it ) as well as there being legal ramifications with MS and PSN - as it goes through their servers, consoles have never had support for deidcated or local servers

I really wouldnt ever hold out on consoles allowing modded content, they are not, and never were, intended for this. They are for a garunteed expercience, one way and one way only. This is one of the pros vs pc gaming, which is usually made to be adaptable in many ways ( although for some its just leniencey with graphics settings, but others allow much much more )
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 03, 2015, 10:49:33 pm
People are actually complaining about BO3 Mod Tools?

Jesus...this community never ceases to amaze in new ways to bitch about shit...:facepalm:

'But these tools are going to be too good, fuck Treyarch'
Post by: animallover on November 03, 2015, 10:51:51 pm
yeah why are people complaining? this is exciting news.. like i say i hope it gets the go a head and it works but who cares if its not like the World at War mod tools, it could be improved or even if its worse.. nothing stopping you from releasing a World at War map still
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 03, 2015, 10:55:15 pm
im not complaining, just stating the fact that about 60% of people who are "hyped" for this cant run waw without massive FPS problems and extremely low graphics settings yet these same people get excited about this? lol

Like I said the tools will be great, but only to those of us who are actually capable of running them in the first place
Post by: SoulTaker on November 03, 2015, 10:57:03 pm
yeah why are people complaining? this is exciting news.. like i say i hope it gets the go a head and it works but who cares if its not like the World at War mod tools, it could be improved or even if its worse.. nothing stopping you from releasing a World at War map still
People are complaining for two reasons I believe.

1) They have lower end hardware so they won't be able to play new maps that come out BO3 when everyone moves to move on BO3. Good custom maps won't even come out for a while so they have plenty of time to upgrade. Honestly a GTX 950 only cost a bit above 150$ so it shouldn't be that hard to save up after a while.
2) Since no porting or scripting has to be done you won't have to try as hard to make a map. ( I think this is what is being said) Since you don't have to port over weapons since all the BO3 weapons will already be ready for you to use there is no need to port until people get bored of stock weapons and features. So I suggest people port over WAW weapons to BO3!!!!
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 03, 2015, 10:58:13 pm
2) Since no porting or scripting has to be done you won't have to try as hard to make a map. ( I think this is what is being said) Since you don't have to port over weapons since all the BO3 weapons will already be ready for you to use there is no need to port until people get bored of stock weapons and features. So I suggest people port over WAW weapons to BO3!!!!
GSC is GSC, most of it will easily move over, porting older scripts forward is significantly easier than porting newer scripts backwards anyway
Post by: arceus on November 03, 2015, 11:05:51 pm
GSC is GSC, most of it will easily move over, porting older scripts forward is significantly easier than porting newer scripts backwards anyway
yep. like right out the door someone could copy paste everything from bo2 to bo3 and have a ton new features :P with minimal effort
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 03, 2015, 11:17:20 pm
yep. like right out the door someone could copy paste everything from bo2 to bo3 and have a ton new features :P with minimal effort
I said "easy" not "drag and drop... ofc some editing would be required. But by contrast, porting the retriever from BO2 to waw took 4 hours and was merely a case of creating the missing functions - which would not have been missing were i porting the other way around...

the language, synta, and a good portion of the functionality is still gonna be there. Anyone who can code in GSC, will not have trouble adapting
Post by: daedra descent on November 04, 2015, 12:48:06 am
I said "easy" not "drag and drop... ofc some editing would be required. But by contrast, porting the retriever from BO2 to waw took 4 hours and was merely a case of creating the missing functions - which would not have been missing were i porting the other way around...

the language, synta, and a good portion of the functionality is still gonna be there. Anyone who can code in GSC, will not have trouble adapting

Totally agree. However, i feel its worth noting that Treyarch has probably revised parts of the zombiemode code a few times now and atleast some of the functions that we know exist in the current zombiemode(and scripts used thereof) probably don't exist in BO3 in an effort to clean up the code and make things more efficient(god knows the scripts need it).
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 04, 2015, 12:52:55 am
Totally agree. However, i feel its worth noting that Treyarch has probably revised parts of the zombiemode code a few times now and atleast some of the functions that we know exist in the current zombiemode(and scripts used thereof) probably don't exist in BO3 in an effort to clean up the code and make things more efficient(god knows the scripts need it).
also agreed
Post by: ShotgunRagtime on November 04, 2015, 03:41:49 am
Yeah, just heard about this and I don't even know what to think. So, I decided that I just won't think about it at all.

The post was so vague... it implies a definite confirmation of custom MP maps and modes... but that could literally mean a fucking Halo forge, lol. No mention of zombies in the post either.

I cannot bring myself to get hyped -- if this turns out to be some sort of sick fucking joke, and the tools are just basic map/mode editors or MP only, I would have a total mental breakdown. I reserve enthusiasm until they're actually out.

And my God, it would be an absolutely astronomical shift for the community. Astronomical. I'd wager it would bring custom zombies to the forefront of gaming culture, rivaling Skyrim/Fallout mods on the Nexus. IDK how many current members could run the game, but I think, again, that we'd get a lot of new blood anyway.

That's all I can possible even think right now. Fingers crossed for the best.
Post by: MAK911 on November 04, 2015, 03:51:10 am
Yeah, just heard about this and I don't even know what to think. So, I decided that I just won't think about it at all.

The post was so vague... it implies a definite confirmation of custom MP maps and modes... but that could literally mean a fucking Halo forge, lol. No mention of zombies in the post either.

I cannot bring myself to get hyped -- if this turns out to be some sort of sick fucking joke, and the tools are just basic map/mode editors or MP only, I would have a total mental breakdown. I reserve enthusiasm until they're actually out.

And my God, it would be an absolutely astronomical shift for the community. Astronomical. I'd wager it would bring custom zombies to the forefront of gaming culture, rivaling Skyrim/Fallout mods on the Nexus. IDK how many current members could run the game, but I think, again, that we'd get a lot of new blood anyway.

With how much their sales fucking SKYROCKETED in 1 day on PC after the mod tools were announced, I don't think they'll try pulling out this time. Forge mode would be possible, but, once again, the community will not accept anything less than full mod support this time around. For PC, they're laying all their cards on the table and any underhand moves will result with them being kicked from the table forever. They still got consoles, but I don't think they're PC market would ever recover after this because it's just a huge promise that, if failed, would undermine people's faith in the developer and god knows we have a lot of faith in Treyarch. Also, IMO, they need the community to get some of their ideas. A couple crazy things pop up now and then that I'm sure they see somehow and they build on it. I personally feel like they've run out of ideas and this is just them getting a little help (The functionality of Widow's Wine is a testament to how low they've run on ideas).
Post by: Dust on November 04, 2015, 05:01:25 am

Treyarch knows that the zombie community is as popular, or more popular, then their MP community so it would be stupid to only have the mod tools for MP and not for zombies.

Also with how many people switched their preorders from consoles to PC as soon as mod tools were announced, if they try and back out now, they will lose the PC community entirely. I for one, would lose all respect for treyarch and will stop buying their products altogether, and i'm sure I am not alone in that situation.
Post by: SoulTaker on November 04, 2015, 08:14:51 am
Treyarch knows that the zombie community is as popular, or more popular, then their MP community so it would be stupid to only have the mod tools for MP and not for zombies.

Also with how many people switched their preorders from consoles to PC as soon as mod tools were announced, if they try and back out now, they will lose the PC community entirely. I for one, would lose all respect for treyarch and will stop buying their products altogether, and i'm sure I am not alone in that situation.

I'm with you on this one the thing that sucks is that the mod tools for BO1 are still in "Beta" stage as Radiant was never released so it makes me wonder if this time around they'll back out and not release Radiant or a piss poor version of it to try to make us happy.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 04, 2015, 09:21:50 am
I'm with you on this one the thing that sucks is that the mod tools for BO1 are still in "Beta" stage as Radiant was never released so it makes me wonder if this time around they'll back out and not release Radiant or a piss poor version of it to try to make us happy.
to be fair to them, with BO1, they actually said there would be no map support. This time, they havent explicitly stated either way
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 04, 2015, 09:39:48 am
to be fair to them, with BO1, they actually said there would be no map support. This time, they havent explicitly stated either way
The post quite explicitly states there will be mapping tools though. Otherwise I would have been cynical that they would pull another 'BO1' too.

Modding & Mapping Tools Coming to Black Ops 3 PC in 2016

We’ve been listening to one of your top requests and are excited to announce that modding and mapping are coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 PC!

You will be able to create Maps & Game Modes and more!

Seems pretty unambiguous to me?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 04, 2015, 10:03:53 am
The post quite explicitly states there will be mapping tools though. Otherwise I would have been cynical that they would pull another 'BO1' too.

Seems pretty unambiguous to me?
well in that case i think theres no question
Post by: liamsa669 on November 04, 2015, 12:04:40 pm
im still upset that they did it :'( bo3 engine isnt worth box maps as well as throwing all my hard work under the bus... i mean seriously, how am i supposed to beat limits i cant even reach?
Post by: johndoe on November 04, 2015, 01:11:45 pm
im still upset that they did it :'( bo3 engine isnt worth box maps as well as throwing all my hard work under the bus... i mean seriously, how am i supposed to beat limits i cant even reach?
(http://i.imgur.com/pLYylXj.jpg)
Post by: animallover on November 04, 2015, 01:12:45 pm
Why is everyone mad about this? I'm super hyped for this even if you cant add this or that at least we have something.. along side some world at war maps I think this is great news.. And I give all my support to the team for even thinking about the community and giving it a go
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 04, 2015, 01:49:34 pm
Why is everyone mad about this? I'm super hyped for this even if you cant add this or that at least we have something.. along side some world at war maps I think this is great news.. And I give all my support to the team for even thinking about the community and giving it a go
It's not 'everyone', it's a few whiners, whining for the sake of whining, what's new? ::)
Post by: animallover on November 04, 2015, 01:55:35 pm
It's not 'everyone', it's a few whiners, whining for the sake of whining, what's new? ::)

yep totally agree aha  ;D
Post by: CreepersAreEpic on November 04, 2015, 04:47:22 pm
Personally I agree that Treyarch have seen what the community can do and are releasing it to unnecessarily expand the lifespan of BO3.

Why?

They've seen how an 8 year old game (WaW) is still selling and a significant rate compared to their other games, so, if they decide to release mod/mapping tools, they will release it in full to gain more money in the long term.  ;)
Post by: animallover on November 04, 2015, 05:40:57 pm
Personally I agree that Treyarch have seen what the community can do and are releasing it to unnecessarily expand the lifespan of BO3.

Why?

They've seen how an 8 year old game (WaW) is still selling and a significant rate compared to their other games, so, if they decide to release mod/mapping tools, they will release it in full to gain more money in the long term.  ;)

Yes! End of the day they are a company trying to make money.. and after so many years of world at war and the maps that still get uploaded.. the sales it gets on steam, the gameplays put up on youtube.. i really dont see why they shouldnt work for it.. pushing the game has now a 3 year production timeline it means they might of had the time to make the mod tools right this time..my personal thoughts
Post by: liamsa669 on November 04, 2015, 07:54:29 pm

Why?

activision realized that pc sales were going down, and saw that custom zombies was growing... so they saw an opportunity to get $60 per game instead of $20. it has little if nothing to do with quality on an old engine. they only saw $ in it and saw competition with fallout 4. this is my theory, either way im going to have to buy a new computer for this just so i can run bo3 without black screen... cough cough aw
Post by: animallover on November 04, 2015, 07:56:21 pm
activision realized that pc sales were going down, and saw that custom zombies was growing... so they saw an opportunity to get $60 per game instead of $20

And if they do this well and it all works out black ops 3 will live on for a very long time.. Years! Also is great news for this website.. means custom zombies can live on and wont die..  ::)
Post by: liamsa669 on November 04, 2015, 08:06:14 pm
And if they do this well
and if they dont do this well, itll kill custom zombies. part of what grew custom zombies is how cheap it is. IDK about you, but i dont think box maps galor is worth $60. sure the occasional few maps will be treyarch worthy, but this also means they may "steal" our maps to save on the money and effort used to making a map. if this is what activision is thinking, then the future of activision games will be community orientated, which in my opinion will allow them to get lazy and get away with it. A good example of this is Destiny, the year 1 was shit. people played it just cuz they had friends playing it. so they were able to release dlc of content already in the game that was cut. not only were they lazy, they were able to bank off it. as year 1 ended, they realized the community still didnt like it so much. thus the year 2. year 2 is shit in mmo terms, but since we just wanted something (anything) better than what we had, we thought it was amazing. That is an example of us letting ourselves promote these kind of actions, if we stood up to bungie in year one, most of the year 2 features would have been in year 1, and the new year 2 might actually be worth the price. but w condole these actions and take the shit they give us.

also this site is called "ugx mods" not custom zombies mods, meaning this site can change to any game without having to change url or servers. they can just clear the databases and change a few graphics/board names and they are easily changed to another game. so this site has a low chance of dying as long as games support custom content.

also custom zombies are still able to die, the whole thing about the idea of custom zombies is to have something diffrent from the base game, but if box maps become the norm, then custom zombies will become like the base game and lose its potential
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 04, 2015, 08:11:31 pm
and if they dont do this well, itll kill custom zombies. part of what grew custom zombies is how cheap it is. IDK about you, but i dont think box maps galor is worth $60. sure the occasional few maps will be treyarch worthy, but this also means they may "steal" our maps to save on the money and effort used to making a map. if this is what activision is thinking, then the future of activision games will be community orientated, which in my opinion will allow them to get lazy and get away with it. A good example of this is Destiny, the year 1 was shit. people played it just cuz they had friends playing it. so they were able to release dlc of content already in the game that was cut. not only were they lazy, they were able to bank off it. as year 1 ended, they realized the community still didnt like it so much. thus the year 2. year 2 is shit in mmo terms, but since we just wanted something (anything) better than what we had, we thought it was amazing. That is an example of us letting ourselves promote these kind of actions, if we stood up to bungie in year one, most of the year 2 features would have been in year 1, and the new year 2 might actually be worth the price. but w condole these actions and take the shit they give us.

also this site is called "ugx mods" not custom zombies mods, meaning this site can change to any game without having to change url or servers. they can just clear the databases and change a few graphics/board names and they are easily changed to another game. so this site has a low chance of dying as long as games support custom content.

also custom zombies are still able to die, the whole thing about the idea of custom zombies is to have something diffrent from the base game, but if box maps become the norm, then custom zombies will become like the base game and lose its potential
... I love how some peoples minds just instantly go

awesome - .... wait no they will steal from us!

Weve been stealing from them for like 8 years now...
Post by: liamsa669 on November 04, 2015, 08:19:27 pm
... I love how some peoples minds just instantly go

awesome - .... wait no they will steal from us!

Weve been stealing from them for like 8 years now...
the point of what i was saying is we dont want to promote laziness to them, they are a paid development team. where as more than 1/2 of us barely know how to use maya except from what we learned from rollons/toms/elfen's videoes. so of course those people would use content that was from newer cods. Even i use these content, but i use it to do stuff that people say is impossible to me. as a major franchise, if we support laziness from cod, not only will the games feel repetitive, other franchises will see that they can succeed at being lazy, so why not them.

as for stealing from them, i personally hate it. it removes the "new" vibe from the content. sure it many be "new" to waw, but for someone like me who has played every cod except cod 2... i want my "new" features to be actually new
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 04, 2015, 08:23:27 pm
the point of what i was saying is we dont want to promote laziness to them, they are a paid development team. where as more than 1/2 of us barely know how to use maya except from what we learned from rollons/toms/elfen's videoes. so of course those people would use content that was from newer cods. Even i use these content, but i use it to do stuff that people say is impossible to me. as a major franchise, if we support laziness from cod, not only will the games feel repetitive, other franchises will see that they can succeed at being lazy, so why not them.

as for stealing from them, i personally hate it. it removes the "new" vibe from the content. sure it many be "new" to waw, but for someone like me who has played every cod except cod 2... i want my "new" features to be actually new
yes, coz every feature in waw bo1 and bo2 was old ofc  :D

Been seeing hells retrievers and origins staffs for years Treyarch, pull your finger out
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 04, 2015, 08:28:55 pm

Why are you so obsessed with box maps? Just because you are incapable of making a map with more than one room doesn't mean that applies to the rest of us. ::)
Post by: animallover on November 04, 2015, 08:35:24 pm
box maps..box maps..box maps..box maps..box maps..box maps.. thats all im hearing from everyone  ;D
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 04, 2015, 08:36:46 pm
box maps..box maps..box maps..box maps..box maps..box maps.. thats all im hearing from everyone  ;D
they did this when i said i would release all my packs too

"No harry dont, all the shitty box maps will come" etc etc

you guys need to get over it, its your approach to this that makes it this way imo...

New content - hate
No content - hate
Maps - hate
Box maps - hate
New mod tools - hate

the list goes on, you people cannot be satisfied lol
Post by: animallover on November 04, 2015, 09:04:41 pm
and im sure the good mappers wont make box maps.. people need to get over it.. yes some new mappers will.. who cares? im gonna make a box map when i start.. i really dont see the big issue at all...I say give it time and you'll see some amazing content.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 04, 2015, 09:10:12 pm
and im sure the good mappers wont make box maps.. people need to get over it.. yes some new mappers will.. who cares? im gonna make a box map when i start.. i really dont see the big issue at all...I say give it time and you'll see some amazing content.
I think , as the argument always goes

we expect box maps to be made, especially to learn the tools

we dont expect them to be released

but im with ya, y'all need to stop worrying about what other people do, and stop acting like your beta testers on release topics. A good number of you only play maps now to find bugs / criticisms - thats not what its about. If a guy wanted you to "test" his map, he would ask you to "test" his map. I would be pretty annoyed myself if i "release" my map, and every comment after is "hey ill go find some bugs for you"

finding bugs along the way is one thing, "looking" for bugs, is just a waste of everyones time unless your asked to

who remembers the day when you just played - for the sake of playing?
Post by: Ramiabdh on November 04, 2015, 09:40:57 pm
who remembers the day when you just played - for the sake of playing?

Good time man, good times.
Post by: animallover on November 04, 2015, 10:07:50 pm
Whenever i jump into a custom map i just play and never even think to look for bugs unless its a beta test. But if i see an unexpected bug a long the way ill report it to the map maker.

But yeah like i say im super hyped! But i dont wanna get all cheerful yet as this could something worse than what we are used to.. so lets hope :)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 04, 2015, 10:13:20 pm
Whenever i jump into a custom map i just play and never even think to look for bugs unless its a beta test. But if i see an unexpected bug a long the way ill report it to the map maker.

But yeah like i say im super hyped! But i dont wanna get all cheerful yet as this could something worse than what we are used to.. so lets hope :)
And this my friend, is how i wish everyone else would act  :D
Post by: SadELight on November 04, 2015, 10:34:14 pm
I personally, am looking forward to these, with the stipulation that we'll still be able to port new stuff in. Also, I've been needing an excuse to convince myself to buy the game  ::)
Post by: SoulTaker on November 05, 2015, 12:24:28 am
Everyone is talking about custom zombies but we forgot all about custom Free-Run maps... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 05, 2015, 12:27:44 am
Everyone is talking about custom zombies but we forgot all about custom Free-Run maps... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
because this is a

Spoiler: click to open...
custom zombies site, devoted to custom zombies and filled with zombie content?

:troll:
Post by: MAK911 on November 05, 2015, 12:29:15 am
(http://images.sodahead.com/polls/004328227/5415656334_Guess_What_Nobody_Cares_xlarge.jpeg)
JK. Even though I don't ever play free-run maps, this is honestly a great thing with the addition of sliding and the wall-running. This will make free-run maps a lot more interesting, especially if we use the Nuketown robots to chase players during free-running :D
Post by: SoulTaker on November 05, 2015, 12:29:42 am
because this is a

Spoiler: click to open...
custom zombies site, devoted to custom zombies and filled with zombie content?

:troll:

Hahahaha xD I know I know. Would be cool though to see maybe a custom zombie Free Run map.
:P
Post by: RadimaX on November 06, 2015, 11:56:55 pm
i can almost see a new style of maps called DEATH RUNS, you parkour your way downhill non stop with zombies behind you and infront will be either power ups or weapons, but also those flying fucks and ghosts in the way so if you hit them or dont jump to the side or dont shoot they slow you down back towards the zombies behind :D
Post by: whippytrout on November 07, 2015, 12:01:51 am
Please don't get me wrong, I love zombies and am a huge fan of Treyarch. My prediction is the mod tools wont be released publicly until next October/November. I think the closed alpha and beta will start next spring and go through the summer before release. This way Treyarch can release all of its DLC without too much competition from us.  :D Then once the're finished with their DLC the mod tools will release and persuade more people to buy BO3 on into the future. It's a win win for Treyarch and us. They make money and we get to prolong the life of BO3 just as we have with World at War. 

I'm personally looking forward to the mod tools. I hope they give us more capabilities and are easier to use/learn. 
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 07, 2015, 12:13:23 am
Please don't get me wrong, I love zombies and am a huge fan of Treyarch. My prediction is the mod tools wont be released publicly until next October/November. I think the closed alpha and beta will start next spring and go through the summer before release. This way Treyarch can release all of its DLC without too much competition from us.  :D Then once the're finished with their DLC the mod tools will release and persuade more people to buy BO3 on into the future. It's a win win for Treyarch and us. They make money and we get to prolong the life of BO3 just as we have with World at War. 

I'm personally looking forward to the mod tools. I hope they give us more capabilities and are easier to use/learn.
What would be awesome would be if there was a proper in-depth Wiki on everything, and you could ask questions and get answers from an actual dev about stuff.
Post by: MAK911 on November 07, 2015, 12:14:13 am

Alpha and beta in March. May is release. They're releasing without competition anyway because we'd have to pull a lot of shit out of our asses to get a good map out in time for it to actually seem like competition.
Post by: whippytrout on November 07, 2015, 12:14:39 am
What would be awesome would be if there was a proper in-depth Wiki on everything, and you could ask questions and get answers from an actual dev about stuff.

That would be amazing! I agree with ya 100%
Post by: RadimaX on November 07, 2015, 12:44:30 am
yeah they really want to makes sure to bank in on the pre orders and season passes then induvidual dlc´s as much as possible before people make amazing maps for free :P i still dont know what ALPHA means like what 10 people gonna get tools to try them out before they actually release modtools for everyone or something haha
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 07, 2015, 09:19:01 am
yeah they really want to makes sure to bank in on the pre orders and season passes then induvidual dlc´s as much as possible before people make amazing maps for free :P i still dont know what ALPHA means like what 10 people gonna get tools to try them out before they actually release modtools for everyone or something haha
it means the entire frame work is down but theres likely to be multitudes of issues for compatibility between its inner workings

so in a state of "complete but buggy including known issues"

also means the feature list may still have more added, where as beta is basically final testing
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 07, 2015, 09:27:34 am
it means the entire frame work is down but theres likely to be multitudes of issues for compatibility between its inner workings

so in a state of "complete but buggy including known issues"

also means the feature list may still have more added, where as beta is basically final testing

I think he means more like who is going to get access to this alpha and how will they choose them.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 08, 2015, 03:58:31 am
I think he means more like who is going to get access to this alpha and how will they choose them.
Treyarchs quality assessment team, or any quality bodies they pay for such things. Closed = internal