Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Creators: Mapped by HexZombies & Scripted by AwesomePieMan

Setting: Set on a mysterious island, The Swan is a homage to the popular television series “Lost”. There are many set pieces and items which are straight from the Lost universe so having a working knowledge of the show may increase your appreciation for the map significantly.

Positives: The maps visuals are among the best out there right now; from the lush green jungle area and the flashes of lightning which light up the sky to the detailed fully functioning underground compound complete with everything you’ll need for surviving the end of the world including an emergency lockdown feature. The underwater area where the PAP machine is located looks awesome and it’s nice to see mappers going the extra mile in order to make a memorable experience.
      The dangers on this map are MANY as this map boasts the Avagadro, the Napalm Zombie and the Shrieker Zombie and that is on top of the horde of standard zombies filling in the gaps on a map that has limited space to begin with.
      Fortunately the map is loaded with fun and entertaining weapons for you to play with which can assist you on your journey. The fan favorite PPsh makes a return and is buyable somewhere in the jungle, the Raygun Mark II is also here along with Matryoshka Dolls, the Hells Retriever AND making their custom zombie debut is the 31-79 JGb215 or simply the Baby Maker and the elemental staffs from Origins. Those guns headline the cast but many other guns from WAW, Black Ops and BOII can also be found around the map and in the mystery box. There are a total of 11 perks including some custom perks to buy, but since there is a perk limit you will need to choose them wisely.
       There is a very complex Easter Egg on this map in the style of Black Ops II. This map is not going to hold your hand every step of the way; rather it will demand that you do some serious thinking in order to complete many of the objectives. So, if you liked those types of EE’s you will feel right at home here. Without a doubt a TON of thought and effort has gone into making it challenging as well as rewarding to complete.

Negatives: I personally think that the level of difficulty on the map thanks to the Avagadro as well as the complexity of the EE may be too difficult for many zombie players to see through to the end.
      There are also places above ground in the jungle where it looks like you should be able to simply jump over small rocks or navigate between some trees or bushes only to find out at the worst possible time that you are unable to do so. Also, going into the water slows you down but not the zombies so be very careful when choosing which direction to flee when in danger. All of this his puts a premium on playing the map over and over until you have memorized the layout perfectly and know exactly where you should and should not go.

Conclusion: As with the map Prison Mission your enjoyment of The Swan may hinge on how much you like complex, challenging objectives and trial and error. While it may be too much for some people out there if you are the kind of player who really enjoyed the Black Ops II zombie EE’s you will be in heaven with this map. Still, between the different boss zombies, the weapons, the smart layout and superior visuals - play this map even if you just want to run around and cause chaos, it really is that good.

Level of Detail: 8/10
Custom Content: 9 /10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replayability: 10/10

Score: 35/40

Download from the UGX Map Manager
broken avatar :(
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
good review tomikaze, im also pleased with the Shrink Rays custom introduction and im glad the custom community listened - i was the one who suggested it should make a comeback as its one of my favourite WWs, gutted it wont make it into this mod
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
here are a total of 11 perks including some custom perks to buy, but since there is a perk limit you will need to choose them wisely.
I think it would be worth mentioning that the perk limit is 5. Unless, that is, you happen to follow the EE.
Date Registered: 14 March 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
zNiiC's Groups
zNiiC's Contact & Social LinkszNiiCRAiiDz
good review tomikaze, im also pleased with the Shrink Rays custom introduction and im glad the custom community listened - i was the one who suggested it should make a comeback as its one of my favourite WWs, gutted it wont make it into this mod

too bad their animations were glitchy. I disagree with the level of detail. 8? They just spammed foliage and rocks. The inside isn't that great either. There are like 3 textures throughout the whole inside with a max of 2 decals. Take a look at Seelow, then this map. Seelow blows this map out of the water in terms of detail. I don't expect the number to change, but this maps detail isn't great. You can see textures repeat and the outside area is just too hard to see with tall grass and plants literally making your view narrow.
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
...I disagree with the level of detail... They just spammed foliage and rocks... the outside area is just too hard to see with tall grass and plants literally making your view narrow.
I entirely agree, I understand it's supposed to be a jungle, but I think they could of done a better job on organizing the foliage.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
I have a hard time calling the weapons any good considering how much reserve ammo they all have and(in the case of the SCAR-H, HAMR, and CZ75), WAY more damage per bullet than it needs to actually be.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I have a hard time calling the weapons any good considering how much reserve ammo they all have and(in the case of the SCAR-H, HAMR, and CZ75), WAY more damage per bullet than it needs to actually be.
Ah yes, like clockwork Deadra. I can set my watch by your stupid weapon criticisms.

They just spammed foliage and rocks. The inside isn't that great either. Take a look at Seelow, then this map. Seelow blows this map out of the water in terms of detail. I don't expect the number to change, but this maps detail isn't great. You can see textures repeat and the outside area is just too hard to see with tall grass and plants literally making your view narrow.
I disagree that the rocks and foliage were spammed. I think that for the most part it provides the accurate feeling of being lost in a jungle-type forest that the mapper was going for. That even though you are outside you are still trapped, and for me it worked.
Seelow will ALWAYS be the comparison when it comes to detail and since Seelow's detail is a 15 out of 10 I feel 8 is pretty fair.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Ah yes, like clockwork Deadra. I can set my watch by your stupid weapon criticisms.

Do you even know how to modify weapon stats?
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
zNiiC's Groups
I disagree that the rocks and foliage were spammed. I think that for the most part it provides the accurate feeling of being lost in a jungle-type forest that the mapper was going for. That even though you are outside you are still trapped, and for me it worked.
Seelow will ALWAYS be the comparison when it comes to detail and since Seelow's detail is a 15 out of 10 I feel 8 is pretty fair.

When comparing to a 3arc map (or any AAA map), there is a reason for foliage. Only in certain places foliage grows, and by placing them in rows or having rocks just make a clear path isn't normal. I feel like they rushed this map. With 2 people working on it, they could have done a better job mapping (not easter egg tho)
Date Registered: 16 August 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Giggity.
Signature
maps:
Undead Town
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2294.0 (Release)
Origins 1922
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2659.0
[WIP] mapping 39%, weapons 85%, scripts 65%
[/url]
RamboBadass's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
RamboBadass's Contact & Social LinksAsk merambobadassRamboDaGreat
I deff. Liked the map very much. EE was great but the electric zombie was a bitch to deal with sonetimes.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
tomikaze's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
When comparing to a 3arc map (or any AAA map), there is a reason for foliage. Only in certain places foliage grows, and by placing them in rows or having rocks just make a clear path isn't normal. I feel like they rushed this map. With 2 people working on it, they could have done a better job mapping (not easter egg tho)
I hear what you are saying and I did mention my concerns regarding out of place rocks and vegetation in my review, so I fully acknowledge that it isn't perfect. Ironically, other maps which have flaws have been rated very highly as well here on UGX and you didn't comment on them; it sounds like you've got an axe to grind here. If you're not a fan of the mappers then that is one thing, but if my rating is like 1 point too high for you then I think we're going to be ok  :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
zNiiC's Groups
I hear what you are saying and I did mention my concerns regarding out of place rocks and vegetation in my review, so I fully acknowledge that it isn't perfect. Ironically, other maps which have flaws have been rated very highly as well here on UGX and you didn't comment on them; it sounds like you've got an axe to grind here. If you're not a fan of the mappers then that is one thing, but if my rating is like 1 point too high for you then I think we're going to be ok  :)

Well I go on here like twice a month so I never see any reviews. This map got my attention because of how much attention it is getting and it was poorly mapped.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Well I go on here like twice a month so I never see any reviews. This map got my attention because of how much attention it is getting and it was poorly mapped.
map is definitely not poorly mapped - show me some of your work? I would love to see references to your expert mapping skills.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
zNiiC's Groups
Uh ok. Contest winner map here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1047.0

Studio that is currently on ngt forums.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Uh ok. Contest winner map here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1047.0

Studio that is currently on ngt forums.
well then you should be able to tell good mapping when u see it becuz the station looks exactly the way it does in the show.

Loading ...