Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
zNiiC's Groups
zNiiC's Contact & Social LinkszNiiCRAiiDz
I am not going to have a slap fest with you, I just called you out for being negative (get over it).

haha. Learn to take criticism and there wouldn't be a problem
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
haha. Learn to take criticism and there wouldn't be a problem
I love criticism just not negative comments pretending to be criticism, learn to be a more positive person and you will not be hated.
Date Registered: 22 February 2013
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Every map needs a Panzer Soldat
Signature
HexPieRadiBirds Magical Fun Time Water Hole
AwesomePieMan's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
AwesomePieMan's Contact & Social Links
I don't copy and paste Easter eggs from other games.

Are you implying that I do?  I can take some criticism, but when you are stating things that are not true as if they were fact, then I have to stand up for it.  The Easter Egg in Swan took the concepts from other games, but I scripted the whole thing myself.  It was no where close to copy and paste, besides some models and sound.  (I actually had to edit some sounds too)  Dismissing all of that work off as a copy and paste when you don't even know how much work went into it is just plain wrong.  Also, what is your problem with this map, you only bring up what you see in your opinion as negative (and sometimes the things you bring up are not true) and bring up none of the positives.  It seems as if you go out of your way to give us a hard time about this map, and not on just this site, but on the NGT website too.  Is there a reason why you go after this map specifically?  There are plenty of worse maps, and there are plenty of better maps, but why target ours in particular.

Ok, rant over, back on topic now.
Date Registered: 14 March 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
zNiiC's Groups
Are you implying that I do?  I can take some criticism, but when you are stating things that are not true as if they were fact, then I have to stand up for it.  The Easter Egg in Swan took the concepts from other games, but I scripted the whole thing myself.  It was no where close to copy and paste, besides some models and sound.  (I actually had to edit some sounds too)  Dismissing all of that work off as a copy and paste when you don't even know how much work went into it is just plain wrong.  Also, what is your problem with this map, you only bring up what you see in your opinion as negative (and sometimes the things you bring up are not true) and bring up none of the positives.  It seems as if you go out of your way to give us a hard time about this map, and not on just this site, but on the NGT website too.  Is there a reason why you go after this map specifically?  There are plenty of worse maps, and there are plenty of better maps, but why target ours in particular.

Ok, rant over, back on topic now.

Cause your map is new? Just because criticism is negative doesn't mean its negative comments.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Cause your map is new? Just because criticism is negative doesn't mean its negative comments.
It is when your always negative and have nothing good to say.
Date Registered: 14 March 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
zNiiC's Groups
It is when your always negative and have nothing good to say.

Just because I don't have any positive criticism doesn't mean I have nothing good to say. It can make you make a better map
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Ok... it seems I cannot lock the thread down for some reason, so it has earned a reprieve for now. Please try to keep the insults to a minimum though... this is a debate that can be had without belittling each other.

Thanks guy. :)
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Ok... it seems I cannot lock the thread down for some reason, so it has earned a reprieve for now. Please try to keep the insults to a minimum though... this is a debate that can be had without belittling each other.

Thanks guy. :)
Locking it for you from my phone. I'll check the board permissions when I get home.

Seen enough of this pissing match. And really, copy/paste EE? Dumbest thing I've heard all day. Get over yourself zNiC. I agree the mapping isn't a 10/10 but it's above average at minimum.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Alright, the topic is unlocked now. Please try to keep the discussion civil and on-topic this time. No more "my map is better than your map" junk or discussion other peoples' attitudes towards forums - this is a map review topic and any discussion in it should be related to the content of the map review. If you would like to specifically discuss the map rather than the review of the map. you should do so in the map's release topic.
Date Registered: 16 August 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Giggity.
Signature
maps:
Undead Town
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2294.0 (Release)
Origins 1922
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2659.0
[WIP] mapping 39%, weapons 85%, scripts 65%
[/url]
RamboBadass's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
RamboBadass's Contact & Social LinksAsk merambobadassRamboDaGreat
damn
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Back to the review, I do think the jungle was a little too dense with foliage, half the time I couldn't see where I was going tbh, but the uncanny resemblance of the actual station was amazing, the attention to detail was utterly superb in this map (speaking as a Lost fan), so an 8 is (just about) fair IMO.

Sure the map could've been detailed better but correct me if I'm wrong custom maps are there to be enjoyed right? There are many beautiful maps I never played more than once coz they were just..well..boring, and that's something you definitely can't accuse this map of being. Give me the choice between pretty decals, tons of custom textures and intricate detail, and fun gameplay and interesting features and a decent looking map and I'll take the latter any day, but maybe that's just me  ;)
Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:32:57 am by DeathBringerZen
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Back to the review, I do think the jungle was a little too dense with foliage, half the time I couldn't see where I was going tbh, but the uncanny resemblance of the actual station was amazing, the attention to detail was utterly superb in this map (speaking as a Lost fan), so an 8 is (just about) fair IMO.

Sure the map could've been detailed better but correct me if I'm wrong custom maps are there to be enjoyed right? There are many beautiful maps I never played more than once coz they were just..well..boring, and that's something you definitely can't accuse this map of being. Give me the choice between pretty decals, tons of custom textures and intricate detail, and fun gameplay and interesting features and a decent looking map and I'll take the latter any day, but maybe that's just me  ;)
^^^^ :D thanks man
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Which came first, The chicken or the egg?
Signature
Check out my Custom Zombies Channel
 P0tZ YaT00000bin'
And also over at twitch
 P0tZ Twitchin'
P0tZ's Groups
P0tZ's Contact & Social Linkslive:p0tz-ukp0tzP0tZP0tZUKP0tZ001p0tzukp0tz001

Was about to comment...
And then I saw Stevie Said it all for me :D

No...Its not just you Stevie  :troll:
Great work guys, I really enjoyed it and although the detail was not high, they implemented  objects & areas from the show & they did this excellently so for me, this excuses the lack of detail previously mentioned by some.
The numbers station, the hatch, the underwater area, the Vdub, Desmond's Muriel, the magnetic fence making the heads pop. I could go on but not all were lost fans :p
But as a lost fan, I thoroughly appreciate the work & RESEARCH done to make this map resemble the tv show.
I, for one, will play this map for a long time to come as the rewards for ee completion make it more than worth the effort for me.
Thanks for your work guys
Cant wait for your next instalment..
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
Uh ok. Contest winner map here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1047.0

Studio that is currently on ngt forums.

While i credit you for ski Resort zniic, do not use Studio as a map example, as unfortunately, thats not at all a great map either, granted you had a deadline to meet, but at its current state its not that great of a map. Yes, the animation for the shrink ray is a bit glitchy, but i dont care really, hes the first guy to have the shrink ray in a map and the fact it was my suggestion for the weapon to be put in CZs, im glad people listened
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
Yes, the animation for the shrink ray is a bit glitchy, but i dont care really, hes the first guy to have the shrink ray in a map and the fact it was my suggestion for the weapon to be put in CZs, im glad people listened
I have a question for PieMan... Why don't you just take the last frame of the equip animation and base the idle animation off of that? Then the animations would match up perfectly and would look good.
Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:49:02 pm by mrpeanut188

Loading ...