My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
God dammit Microsoft...

I've been considering Linux for months now, and the only reason I'm not using it (yet) is because most of my games aren't supported on it, let alone the mod tools for WaW... Linux support is rising for games though, and I'll move eventually. I don't want to try a VirtualBox yet though, I was seriously confused when I tried to run Ubuntu through a VB.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
God dammit Microsoft...

I've been considering Linux for months now, and the only reason I'm not using it (yet) is because most of my games aren't supported on it, let alone the mod tools for WaW... Linux support is rising for games though, and I'll move eventually. I don't want to try a VirtualBox yet though, I was seriously confused when I tried to run Ubuntu through a VB.

Speaking of Linux...

Currently running Ubuntu Gnome 15.10(beta 2) as i type this. If you really want to give Linux a try,  i recommend getting yourself a second HDD and boot back and forth when needed. Last time i tried installing Linux on a Windows computer it didn't work out too well.
Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:01:42 am by daedra descent
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2993381/windows/windows-10-upgrades-reportedly-appearing-as-mandatory-for-some-users.html

Welp. Time to turn Windows Update to "look for but let me choose" mode.  :poker:

Thanks for the heads-up Daedra. I knew Ga(y)tes would go and do this at one point, luckily I had my updater on "security updates only" & "Look for but..." on my laptop.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Speaking of Linux...

(Image removed from quote.)

Currently running Ubuntu Gnome 15.10(beta 2) as i type this. If you really want to give Linux a try,  i recommend getting yourself a second HDD and boot back and forth when needed. Last time i tried installing Linux on a Windows computer it didn't work out too well.

I tried installing Ubuntu on a second HDD a few months ago, couldn't get it to work for the life of me. Got these:

Spoiler: click to open...

I asked for some help on Reddit but they all assumed I knew the Linux command line... I might just find an old laptop and wipe it, then install it on there.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
I tried installing Ubuntu on a second HDD a few months ago, couldn't get it to work for the life of me. Got these:

Spoiler: click to open...

I asked for some help on Reddit but they all assumed I knew the Linux command line... I might just find an old laptop and wipe it, then install it on there.

Display driver issue. Search for "additional drivers" , select the newest for your device, let it install/configure, restart.

Open Source GPU drivers are garbage.  :please:

Edit: Install first before doing this. Won't save otherwise.
Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:50:54 am by daedra descent
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Display driver issue. Search for "additional drivers" , select the newest for your device, let it install/configure, restart.

Open Source GPU drivers are garbage.  :please:

Edit: Install first before doing this. Won't save otherwise.

Now that I think about it, I'll probably install it on an old laptop. Means I don't have to constantly boot two OS's, I could do stuff simultaneously. And I wouldn't have to buy a new HDD.

I might try Debian rather than Ubuntu though, I've heard many good things about it, even if it's more difficult for beginners.
Date Registered: 4 August 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
jrascov's Groups
jrascov's Contact & Social Links
Can you guys give some help with this. Is there an option to turn off updates and notifications of update. Windows is getting really annoying now.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Holy F'n hell. Are you kidding me? This can't be true can it? At work alone we can not run Windows 10 because some of the software (old, old software) we are contracted to use, won't run on it. And it still isn't working on my wife's laptop after trying 4 different "fixes".

I turned off automatic updates some time ago at home, am I safe from this concern for now?
Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:03:50 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
I don't really see the problem here. Windows 10 is a superb operating system with great compatibility for older software. Hell, I managed to get Grim Fandango to install first time on my laptop running Win10 and that game was impossible to run on anything past XP without some major work, and then of course... it's free!

As for switching to Linux... as a user of Linux for some 10 years now, I can honestly say that for as amazing and fast growing a system it is, it will never truly be a gaming platform and the lack of compatibility with so many programs out there makes it only truly viable for personal use. Yes you can get many games to run on it, but you can also get many games to run on a Mac (unix based) but you would not go and buy a Mac specifically for gaming.

Face it... Windows is the best OS in the world and you are getting the newest version free of charge. You can take a step backwards by ditching it for Linux or you can just accept that times are changing and Microsoft can only do their best to accomodate everyone, which they have attempted by adding a much higher compatibility to Win10 to allow it to support more dated programs.

That being said, I have specifically been using Ubuntu for around 8 years now (different Linux before then) and get the lastest build everytime a new one drops. Even donated to the site 3 times but as amazing as it is, it's not a recommended replacement for you main OS.
Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:34:43 pm by DeathBringerZen
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Well at work my issue is that we are limited to what we use software wise, and even with just the weekly updates to win 7 things sometimes break and we have to reinstall things, and it is a mess. I work with the US government a lot and they still use software from the 80s dude. The 80s! They are not connected to the internet. But really, that's IT's problem, lol.

On a personal level. I don't want it. I'm old and I like what I have damn it! That should be my right, period. I paid for the original program that I wanted. I don't want Cortana, nor to hit another service agreement. Human centipede!

That's the problem. As I am sure it is optimal, as I hear that from everyone, my stuff isn't currently broken on win 7, so I don't want to "fix" it. I'm not so old and set in my ways that I wouldn't try it. I tried it on one pc, and it's f'd up. So I would like to avoid that from happening to my other pcs, where I have everything tuned the way I like it.
Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 03:14:44 pm by MakeCents
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
Happened to my on my Laptop already.
Was taking a shower and once I went back on my pc I noticed that my laptop had slighty changed...
But downgrade should work.

http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/ GWX Control Panel (formerly GWX Stopper) should do the trick.

But note: You need to upgrade to make your license valid! So I would upgrade to claim your license, downgrade or make a new clean install. The Upgrade is required to activate your license.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
That's good sh$# right there. I'll see what it can do on another pc. I noticed it can't help if you get certain messages. I'm sure windows will catch on though, so it may be futile.

Loading ...