Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Buried Round 196 World Record by me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYLBm3EyNGs

Shi No First Room Round 115 by me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4QN_rUJ7s
Wunderful's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Wunderful's Contact & Social LinksxWunderfuLxxWunderfuLxXxWunderfuLxX1
GUYS NO OFFENSE BUT I AM HYPER ANNOYED

Paid for oilrig (donation - no worries)
Finally installed it - no worries pain but works now
Got to loading screen - says unauthorized user.

Being a good respectful user on the forum, tried all the right things.

Tried to open a help desk ticket - system says not right security parameters for password, tried many but no luck.. However system does not even tell you what are the guidelines.  Kill me

Sent an email to general@ugx-mods - no answer or confirmation they even got my mail

Someone on the chat said send a PM to Terminator - guess what i guess since i don't have 20 posts approved i can't use PM yet????  Kill me

I have a paid for copy at waw, followed all the directions... but still can't play this map.

Sorry for venting but this is super frustrating.  I am basically out of options on how to get help from the community

Are you sure you can't actually play it?

Cause on mine (and my friend's) we have messages saying unauthorized user covering up the "Solo" and "Cooperative" buttons (even though we paid for the map) but we can still click the buttons and play the map.

Just letting you know that could be your case. Maybe not, idk.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha

Everyone can play it now. I got the map and put it below for anyone to dl for free:

Spoiler: click to open...

Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Even if you mapped you wouldn't have the same problem unless you made people pay for your beta, then you'd why this mess right here

Who's the ugx janitor, we have a oil mess
I guess I am. I already got shit all over me anyway.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
The reason i donated was so that i would get rid of the god awful white name tag. I didn't donate for requiem. i just waanted to get rid of the white name tag thats all. and besides most of the people here who are site mods or chat mods have donated and continue to donate. whats the difference donating to an awesome and talented mapper. if i had money right now i would have donated and not just a basic donation i would have given the full reimbursement of what this community has done for me. and pay at least $30. hell i would by all the tshirts if i had the money.
Date Registered: 29 November 2011
Last active: 1 month ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Animator / Mapper
elfenliedtopfan5's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Everyone can play it now. I got the map and put it below for anyone to dl for free:

Spoiler: click to open...

lol best comment yet
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
lol best comment yet

oh my god elfenlied the memories.
Purple Square Worshipper
Date Registered: 30 January 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Signature

donate to purplemanwomen www.paypal.me/bwc66930
Bwc66930's Groups
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930
lol best comment yet
Didn't you get banned :troll:
Date Registered: 15 October 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
gr00t's Groups
gr00t's Contact & Social Links

clearly a lot of people are not happy about the prospect of mappers being able to make money back through paid betas, even if the public release will be free.

I think the larger issue here is legal.  Activision's license prohibits revenue generation off of code, textures, models, editors and other copyrights and trademarks associated with the Call of Duty brand, including zombies.

As it stands, the only people making money from CZ are Youtubers and Twitch streamers. Often the mapper doesn't even get so much as a mention, and sometimes even the map name isn't even included, let alone a link. So while some guy who downloads, plays, then uploads the map for 30 mins rakes in the money, while the mapper who spent over a year working on it has to sit there watching them, twiddling their thumbs getting absolutely jack shit.

Clearly, something is wrong here.

This is the only feasible way for a mapper to get rewarded by the audience.

Agree 100%, but selling maps is not legally permitted.  Generating revenue off of videos is tolerated.

The simplest and easiest answer to this paradigm is for skilled Custom Zombies mappers to create a co-operative business.
Start a single custom zombies youtube channel to gain status and popularity,  upload videos, and share the ad revenue.   Have a 1-2 month exclusivity time window for videos on that channel then follow with a public map release. You'll have to figure out what time window works the best.

Only skilled trustworthy mappers are invited to join the co-operative. Trustworthy implies what it means, someone who can be trusted.  You can recruit, but only accept new mappers by a panel vote based on mappers that prove their abilities over time (3+ solid quality maps).

Problems with this approach would be having someone trustworthy handle the money and deciding how to distribute revenue (equal distribution, proportional by map maker's vid)

NGTzombies, your friend Dalek and other shameless promoters will not like this, but it guarantees that the actual content creators (map makers) get a fair shake .  The talking heads will just have to wait or you know they could actually slave away for 6-18 months creating a quality map, but we both know they won't do that.

I saw your one post about having a donation button under each mapper, and I really like that idea, it lets people that can help out their favorite mapper, would love to see this added

I think you should try a dual approach, donations on UGX below mappers avatar, and a youtube co-operate channel with timed exclusive vids before public map release.

this is also exactly my argument, but then I fight back with myself saying "Well aren't I doing this to see the enjoyment and reactions of others?" so Im really on the fence with this, I totally agree but disagree at the same time, so I just kinda keep it to myself :P

I seem to recall a certain youtube channel disrespecting you on a live broadcast mocking your reputation and telling Treyarch to wipe their ass with your resume before discarding it.  They even had the courtesy to leave that in their edited videos on youtube.    Five minutes of disrespect, ten minutes of hounding you for being offended,  and then a non-apology.  The ego on that guy is insane.

With friends like that, you probably need new friends.
Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:52:47 pm by gr00t
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
I seem to recall a certain youtube channel disrespecting you on a live broadcast mocking your reputation and telling Treyarch to wipe their ass with your resume before discarding it.  They even had the courtesy to leave that in their edited videos on youtube.    Five minutes of disrespect, ten minutes of hounding you for being offended,  and then a non-apology.  The ego on that guy is insane.

With friends like that, you probably need new friends.
It was HeXZombies wasn't it? I still have his recording of him bitching out chroma for nothing on my computer somewhere. Everyone knows HeX was, and still is, a little bitch.
Date Registered: 7 May 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
CraftBrewMan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
CraftBrewMan's Contact & Social LinksCraftBrewManCraftBrewMan
First off I'm sorry for how much trouble you've gone to trying to get help, I've been in situations like that before and I know how annoying it is when you can't get a hold of anyone.

I don't have any emails from you in my inbox, and I checked my spam folder. Are you sure you sent it to [email protected]? Also I'm not sure what the password requirements are for Jira, that's Delta's department lol.

Thank treminaor,  i did check my email was sent to that address - i will try to resend now, but i guess more importantly i did open a help desk ticket successfully just 5 mins back explaining the issue.  Any help anyone can give me would be much appreciated.  Thanks again
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 10 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
What do you think funds the making of UGX Mod V.1.1? More than anything, and I'm sure Trem will agree, it's the sheer man hours that is the biggest problem. Sure, you could make a shitty mod/map in a short amount a time, and sure you could try to make it donation only. Like Radi says, is anyone going to pay for that? Of course not, such a lame argument to say 'well everyone is going to do this now'. Since I've been in the scene, I can count about 3 maybe 4 maps that are of the standard that I would happily pay for them. The rest I don't even download when they are free!
I know what is currently funding the UGX-Mods, as I stated earlier, It's the donations, whether out of the generosity of their hearts, or to gain access to UGX Requiem, the money goes directly to UGX-Mods to develop the Mod and Fund the sites preservation. I'm still lost as to what was the point of this. The only annoying point is if this WAS a donation to UGX-Mods and yourself,  why do (or should I say would) donators have to donate once again? I currently have the thought that every 3 out of 4 dollars donated goes straight into your PayPal account (i'm just going off of what Trem said that you get the 'larger portion' of any donation) so one must assume, that this is still a sale of a product, because we give you money, you give us access to your map, nothing else. With UGX, We donate to site, we get donator status, access to a previously blocked portion of the site, as well as gaining access to Requiem.
For example, I donate money to The Guide Dogs Australia charity because I love dogs, and I want the blind people to be able to move about easier with a canine companion. Sometimes, I get entered into a member raffle because I regularly donate to the Charity. This is what UGX Donation status is currently at, give them money, help them prosper, be rewarded in return.
I'm still honestly lost as to what charity I can compare your method of 'Donation' to, because I honestly can't think of a Charity that gives you something in return (unless you count the Queensland Fire Department, because they give out calenders to donators).
Case in Point, I still disagree with this entire 'Paid BETA' stuff, and that we can't simply call this a 'Donation', period.
Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:13:20 pm by JiffyNoodles
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Yes perhaps a section only for Oil Rig donators and a title of some sort would appease some people.

But we're basically going round and round and the same people are just repeating the same points over and over. To the point Rollon decided he would repost his 1,000 word essay again just in case anyone missed it the first time, and AOKMikey wrote a 500 word dissertation in which he mentioned he was planning a MUCH longer version in the near future...can't wait for that one. ::)
Purple Square Worshipper
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Bwc66930's Groups
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930
I say nuke ths topic and everything it stands for!
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
I say nuke ths topic and everything it stands for!
Or we just have BWC spamming random crap because he's likes the attention and can't miss out on a bit of drama...::)
Purple Square Worshipper
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Bwc66930's Groups
Famous User
Famous User

Or we just have BWC spamming random crap because he's likes the attention and can't miss out on a bit of drama...::)
Shhhhh me just bored as fuck

Loading ...