Created 9 years ago
by treminaor
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I was in a tractor bucket moving a futon into my house through the second floor window and I tripped on the fucking paper thin hard plastic windows have and broke through my chin with the leg of the futon going just above my chin, but not into my mouth. This could've re-broken my jaw from the time I was smashed into a wall by a bull and I was scared out of my mind of that happening. Glad you show some fucking compassion for my injuries.
Please tell that story ;D
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Please tell that story ;D
It was the day after Christmas. We live on a farm so naturally I had to go out to milk cows. Above our milking parlor is where we store feed, but I have to push it down manually into feeders so the cows eat during milking and don't get crazy. I came out about 10 minutes before anyone because I wanted to mess around with a cheat code book I had gotten at Borders (just a perspective on how long ago this was XD). I go out the back door and see the bull. I just shrug him off because he wasn't the crazy type and was causing no trouble. I open the 2 back doors of the parlor to let the cows in and start climbing the iron ladder when the bull gets nuts and smashes my back into the iron ladder, my jaw colliding with the rung in front of me. He proceeded to hit me 2 more times until he walked away. I could feel what I could only assume was the hinge joint to the skull inside my mouth. I climb the fence right next to me to get out of the fenced in area where we keep the cows during milking and make my way to the gates to our yard. My brother comes out and sees me struggling and gets my ass back in the house. By this point, there was blood EVERYWHERE. My face. My clothes. Maybe even some made it on my boots. My mom sees me bleeding from the mouth and assumes I had fallen on the ice (I'm clumsy as hell so not hard to believe). She sees the bone inside my mouth and rushes me to the hospital. After about a hour, I'm in surgery and they put a titanium plate below my jaw to hold it up. Since they never had done it on children before (I was 10 at the time), it obviously fell out of place. The have a second go at it and I wake up about half way through the second surgery in the night. This is where it gets kind of messed up because drugs. I either woke up and they took me back to the surgery prep room or they put me back out and kept working. I'm not sure which. I made it through obviously and get a beautiful scar on the left side of my neck and my left cheek. I can't seem to muster more than a half smile now because of it. Spent 6 weeks recovering and tons of dentistry work to repair my shattered teeth (I still have them in a cup somewhere). I spend that time eating through a straw and hardly being able to get out of bed. If I laughed, I'd pull at the wires they put through my gums to make sure I didn't open my mouth too wide and ruin all the work. My jaw seems to be permanently crooked from the incident and I decided to not get surgery to hide the scars on my face because it's a part of me now that I never want to forget. Happy stevie?
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
It was the day after Christmas. We live on a farm so naturally I had to go out to milk cows. Above our milking parlor is where we store feed, but I have to push it down manually into feeders so the cows eat during milking and don't get crazy. I came out about 10 minutes before anyone because I wanted to mess around with a cheat code book I had gotten at Borders (just a perspective on how long ago this was XD). I go out the back door and see the bull. I just shrug him off because he wasn't the crazy type and was causing no trouble. I open the 2 back doors of the parlor to let the cows in and start climbing the iron ladder when the bull gets nuts and smashes my back into the iron ladder, my jaw colliding with the rung in front of me. He proceeded to hit me 2 more times until he walked away. I could feel what I could only assume was the hinge joint to the skull inside my mouth. I climb the fence right next to me to get out of the fenced in area where we keep the cows during milking and make my way to the gates to our yard. My brother comes out and sees me struggling and gets my ass back in the house. By this point, there was blood EVERYWHERE. My face. My clothes. Maybe even some made it on my boots. My mom sees me bleeding from the mouth and assumes I had fallen on the ice (I'm clumsy as hell so not hard to believe). She sees the bone inside my mouth and rushes me to the hospital. After about a hour, I'm in surgery and they put a titanium plate below my jaw to hold it up. Since they never had done it on children before (I was 10 at the time), it obviously fell out of place. The have a second go at it and I wake up about half way through the second surgery in the night. This is where it gets kind of messed up because drugs. I either woke up and they took me back to the surgery prep room or they put me back out and kept working. I'm not sure which. I made it through obviously and get a beautiful scar on the left side of my neck and my left cheek. I can't seem to muster more than a half smile now because of it. Spent 6 weeks recovering and tons of dentistry work to repair my shattered teeth (I still have them in a cup somewhere). I spend that time eating through a straw and hardly being able to get out of bed. If I laughed, I'd pull at the wires they put through my gums to make sure I didn't open my mouth too wide and ruin all the work. My jaw seems to be permanently crooked from the incident and I decided to not get surgery to hide the scars on my face because it's a part of me now that I never want to forget. Happy stevie?

:mother: This dude has been through some shit...
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87

Well that was a far more depressing story than I anticipated. I was expecting something like this :-\-

https://youtu.be/SeUFgPnQYMU?t=26s
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
It was the day after Christmas... I decided to not get surgery to hide the scars on my face because it's a part of me now that I never want to forget. Happy stevie?
Yea, that is not funny at all. Can we please be friends now? Stevie and MAK - let's hug it out!

Constants and Variables
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
Yea, that is not funny at all. Can we please be friends now? Stevie and MAK - let's hug it out!

(Image removed from quote.)
I doubt we could ever be friends after all the fights. The only thing I think we can agree on is that every map, however crappy or good it is, should be creative as possible and you should be as creative as you can be with what you got. In that case, I'll give stevie one thing: I do like the EMP nova crawlers from Oil Rig and how they were used with the EE. That I did like.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
I doubt we could ever be friends after all the fights. The only thing I think we can agree on is that every map, however crappy or good it is, should be creative as possible and you should be as creative as you can be with what you got. In that case, I'll give stevie one thing: I do like the EMP nova crawlers from Oil Rig and how they were used with the EE. That I did like.
Well thankyou MAK, and I like your, er, profile pic. :)
Constants and Variables
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
Well thankyou MAK, and I like your, er, profile pic. :)
Don't bother trying to come up with things. I haven't shown completely publicly any of my stuff, but Rainy Death and Project Contamination are due to feature some of my work, although, not my best work. Just simple powerups and stuff.
Date Registered: 18 May 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
2014 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
moonmaster1's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
2014 Contest Winner
I have donated to UGX a few times. I do like the all the tech oddities they are working on and hope in the long run it can IMPROVE our gaming experience despite World At War being released almost 7 years ago.

That said, I am thankful the UGX staff caters to a level of transparency when it comes to money. In other communities such as Rom Hacking or Mugen, users will not accept or ask for money to help towards their projects and they shouldn't. Not their code. Simple as that.

UGX asking for funds to keep their servers up and pursue outside projects such as UGX Play and the new chatroom?
Its all good.  :)

I'm sure that has been pointed out pages ago, but that is my stance on things.
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
It was the day after Christmas. We live on a farm so naturally I had to go out to milk cows. Above our milking parlor is where we store feed, but I have to push it down manually into feeders so the cows eat during milking and don't get crazy. I came out about 10 minutes before anyone because I wanted to mess around with a cheat code book I had gotten at Borders (just a perspective on how long ago this was XD). I go out the back door and see the bull. I just shrug him off because he wasn't the crazy type and was causing no trouble. I open the 2 back doors of the parlor to let the cows in and start climbing the iron ladder when the bull gets nuts and smashes my back into the iron ladder, my jaw colliding with the rung in front of me. He proceeded to hit me 2 more times until he walked away. I could feel what I could only assume was the hinge joint to the skull inside my mouth. I climb the fence right next to me to get out of the fenced in area where we keep the cows during milking and make my way to the gates to our yard. My brother comes out and sees me struggling and gets my ass back in the house. By this point, there was blood EVERYWHERE. My face. My clothes. Maybe even some made it on my boots. My mom sees me bleeding from the mouth and assumes I had fallen on the ice (I'm clumsy as hell so not hard to believe). She sees the bone inside my mouth and rushes me to the hospital. After about a hour, I'm in surgery and they put a titanium plate below my jaw to hold it up. Since they never had done it on children before (I was 10 at the time), it obviously fell out of place. The have a second go at it and I wake up about half way through the second surgery in the night. This is where it gets kind of messed up because drugs. I either woke up and they took me back to the surgery prep room or they put me back out and kept working. I'm not sure which. I made it through obviously and get a beautiful scar on the left side of my neck and my left cheek. I can't seem to muster more than a half smile now because of it. Spent 6 weeks recovering and tons of dentistry work to repair my shattered teeth (I still have them in a cup somewhere). I spend that time eating through a straw and hardly being able to get out of bed. If I laughed, I'd pull at the wires they put through my gums to make sure I didn't open my mouth too wide and ruin all the work. My jaw seems to be permanently crooked from the incident and I decided to not get surgery to hide the scars on my face because it's a part of me now that I never want to forget.

wanna know whats more depressing? i never played MOTD or BURIED or MOON while being a community mapper since 2012 and still not own a copy of cod waw and play on friends account while others pile up dough for unreleased maps and unreleased tools trlolol its all good m8
Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 04:27:13 am by RadimaX
Constants and Variables
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
wanna know whats more depressing MAK? being a community mapper since 2012 and still not own a copy of cod waw so i play on tombmx account while others pile up the supposed dough for unreleased maps and unreleased tools  :lol: also never played MOTD or BURIED
Get out. Get out now. You are no longer welcome here.
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Get out. Get out now. You are no longer welcome here.

thanks am i joining the banned elite club already did not even come to the sad part about my story yet mak...
Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 04:42:41 am by RadimaX
Date Registered: 2 April 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Helloooo
archmeister94's Groups
archmeister94's Contact & Social Linksarchmeister94WiidSmokerArchmeister94
First of all NO ONE would even concider donating to someone making a shitty BOXMAP BETA lol so there is no slips or slopes then again if you make even half as decent map as oilrig then maby you should be on the first page on ugx :P but lets stop speculating and get real since i doubt you will make something like oilrig anyways there is no need for this hypothetical discussion. However if you DO it then welcome back 2016-2017 when your map is up to snuff and we can talk about it then...

I'm not asking people to donate to my map nor will I ever, I make maps because I like to, even if its the best map ever or the shittest, MY MAPS ARE FREE.  You missed  my point completely lol, why does HE get to make a map and charge for beta, yet me or any other person on this site don't.  I'm completely against donation betas because if one person does it, then everyone will, which in turn will ruin CZ.  Also why are you changing the subject to my mapping skills, is it because you don't have a good enough answer to my question?
Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 07:26:39 am by archmeister94
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 23 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
While we are still thinking about a solution and analyze what exactly went wrong etc. we really hoped we could push here a discussion about that topic.

Apparently as usual in this community there are these who are against anything, and ignoring reasons nor want to find a better solution (and then give us additional trouble, personal thank you - now I can work my ass 48 hours of a day)

[IMHO] part now

What we see here is the classic bullshit which I'm so tired of.
Off topic crap, life stories which (as sad they are) are totally unneeded here, mapping skills and thinks like
"OH I wouldn't charge - but if one starts -> everyone would"

I was hoping to get some valid arguments. A pro and con side, objectively based.
But yeah stupid me - that community is full of emotions, mostly hate against this and that or a person.

One thing which I appreciate was that Mr. X would then make something out of it, although he had help by Mr. Y and Z.
Thats something I used against the YAW map only things, but totally did not consider here.

Our main goal was to give mappers something of the cake as well.
(and my personal interest in developing a system)
I know many do this for FUN and their hobby. So did I.
If you don't want money, thats your choice. And no matter why, it doesn't mean that everyone should act like you.

I totally agree with that mods should be free. It would be a disaster otherwise.
But thats not the point - as it still would be free soon or later.

It seems like the forced way is not an option. (Although it went fine with Comosea and Requiem)
I hope we come up with a solution which works for those who dislike the current approach (and I exclude these people, who screamed loud)
Constants and Variables
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
While we are still thinking about a solution and analyze what exactly went wrong etc. we really hoped we could push here a discussion about that topic.

Apparently as usual in this community there are these who are against anything, and ignoring reasons nor want to find a better solution (and then give us additional trouble, personal thank you - now I can work my ass 48 hours of a day)

[IMHO] part now

What we see here is the classic bullshit which I'm so tired of.
Off topic crap, life stories which (as sad they are) are totally unneeded here, mapping skills and thinks like
"OH I wouldn't charge - but if one starts -> everyone would"

I was hoping to get some valid arguments. A pro and con side, objectively based.
But yeah stupid me - that community is full of emotions, mostly hate against this and that or a person.

One thing which I appreciate was that Mr. X would then make something out of it, although he had help by Mr. Y and Z.
Thats something I used against the YAW map only things, but totally did not consider here.

Our main goal was to give mappers something of the cake as well.
(and my personal interest in developing a system)
I know many do this for FUN and their hobby. So did I.
If you don't want money, thats your choice. And no matter why, it doesn't mean that everyone should act like you.

I totally agree with that mods should be free. It would be a disaster otherwise.
But thats not the point - as it still would be free soon or later.

It seems like the forced way is not an option. (Although it went fine with Comosea and Requiem)
I hope we come up with a solution which works for those who dislike the current approach (and I exclude these people, who screamed loud)
You want pros and cons? Fine. I'll try my best.
PROS:
Mapper makes something back for his time. Mappers do deserve some sort of compensation.
Money could go towards other games that might inspire mapper.
Money goes to the site for hosting - VERY big deal. It's not cheap to run a server and I wouldn't doubt ugx has slow months so that'd fix any backed up payments.
Completely optional. You don't HAVE to get the map early.
People will want to make more maps. It's just making money in spare time.
CONS:
We aren't positive a full release will EVER come out. MAJOR ISSUE. It'd be tough luck for anyone that didn't want to pay.
Everyone might try paid betas then. MAJOR ISSUE. No maps will be free anymore and you wouldn't be able to have a fun night with some friends without opening up PayPal.
Rushing maps. People might try to put our maps like factories with no regard to detail or bug fixing because money.
Nothing more than getting a map. Now, this one confuses me. People complain they're only getting a map for $4, but that's pretty much what zombies fans do when Treyarch makes a map. I mean, you pay $15 for MOTD DLC just for MOTD and you never play MP? Well, that's the same case here, but less bullshitting around.

The only way I personally see this system working is if UGX sets up a PayPal system where the "donated" money goes into a PayPal, but the mapper doesn't have access to it until the full release of the map. More importantly, on the site, it should feature a donation count so the mapper knows if some administration were dipping their hands in the cookie jar. This is probably the only way to guarantee as many of the issues will be solved as possible.

Loading ...