Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Projects:
Unnamed Project: 5%
Mutliple Downloadable Items for Mappers: (Released after map releases)
GerardS0406's Groups
GerardS0406's Contact & Social LinksGerardS0406Gerard0406GerardS0406MrGerard0406
Gerard you just said you have no interest in the map so go away then, why are you posting?
This topic was about donating not the map itself.

No one forces the mappers to make big maps like leviathan, the mapper could just stop anytime if the mapper thought it wasn't worth it, they choose that themselves obviously. Otherwise they would never ever even start on a big map like that if they really thought it was not worth the time to make it.
+1
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
This topic was about donating not the map itself.
+1

I remind you of the topic name :

Oil Rig Controversey

and its contents :

well i just woke up to the aftermath of whatever mess was here this morning. clearly a lot of people are not happy about the prospect of mappers being able to make money back through paid betas, even if the public release will be free. i'm very surprised by the response of some mappers earlier who don't see the potential in this, and I'm also very disappointed in anyone who was low enough to report the website to Activision on Twitter or otherwise - keep your business here with us if you want the community to survive as a whole.

anyway this is not worth upsetting the community over the money we would have received to continue supporting this website. for example we just spent $4,000USD of requiem/site donations (i have a receipt for this) on a one year license for the Qt framework to use for the upcoming UGX Launcher redesign which will be released before the end of this year. like we've always said in the past we use the money you guys are kind of enough to donate in order to improve your experience and keep the site online. we are also planning on updating our servers again within the next year.

if this is just about stevie and not about UGX supporting the paid donation process then fine, but I just wanted to make it clear where the money is going on our side. please feel free to discuss both in this topic.

No one forces the mappers to make big maps like leviathan, the mapper could just stop anytime if the mapper thought it wasn't worth it, they choose that themselves obviously. Otherwise they would never ever even start on a big map like that if they really thought it was not worth the time to make it.

No but theres no "requirement" for them to release it at all. They "choose" to share it. Stevie "chose" to accept donations during these 2 months before release, and allow those who donate early access

They dont automatically have a right to Stevies map for free, just coz they dont agree. Stevie could very well decide not to release at all now for example

Same as stevie "does" have a right to accept donations. Any "opinions" on this, are just that, opinions. Not fact
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:14:23 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 6 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
More
GerardS0406's Groups
GerardS0406's Contact & Social LinksGerardS0406Gerard0406GerardS0406MrGerard0406
I remind you of the topic name :

and its contents :
Okay sorry misread. Well it's about either so yea. I'm sorry.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Okay sorry misread. Well it's about either so yea. I'm sorry.
gerard you dont understand this chat at all

you still think ugx donations are for requiem/ugx mod, despite the fact they are actually the upkeep of the site...

Stevies donations are not "paying for access" either, donating to stevie - and part of this donation goes to ugx for the "site" -, results in him "allowing" you to play the map, in its current state. If not, then you need to wait two months for the final release
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:17:02 am by Harry Bo21
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Then once they've made it they think 'great, that just took a year, and now I'll get nothing for this, I know let's make another one.' ::)

Even people still here, were basically gone before the contest came up (I'm looking at you JBird and Bam) let's not give it this moral high ground crap 'people don't map for money'.

A few more examples, Chroma got stuff from NGT for making a map for them, Rollon and Relaxing End, me and Dalek, Smasher and Dalek, Stuffy and Tomikaze, people map for money (or stuff that costs money) all the time. People acting like it's suddenly this 'new' immoral thing. ::)
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:19:17 am by steviewonder87
Date Registered: 21 September 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Mapper - Fracture Studios
Signature
SirJammy's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
SirJammy's Contact & Social Linksjamiecallow2jamboii12SirJammyMrCraftingDude
People just want something for nothing. They have no comprehension of the work required to make maps on this scale. It just takes so long, maps like this, Leviathan, Herrenhaus, etc. are just one offs, the mappers/modders just simply don't have the time or motivation to spend that much time on something for absolutely nothing in return. I know for sure I will never make a map this large and ambitious again, I know the Leviathan team feel the same, most of the talented people make 1 or 2 maps and just move on. It's just way too time-consuming and isn't worth it.

Stevie, I don't usually get annoyed with people in the community, but this is just hurting me... You are speaking for us mappers / modders through your eyes, and your mindset on this subject is warped beyond repair. You say "mappers/modders just simply don't have the time or motivation to spend that much time on something for absolutely nothing in return." How can you speak for all us mappers / modders, can we take a step back and take me for example. I've been mapping nearly everyday that I'm at home for the past year and a half. And Nuketown has taken up around 7 months, which I'm still working on the second I'm writing this. Im not looking for money at all? All I (And I presume most of the community want), is to make maps for fun, so other people can have fun playing them. You don't see someone who has a hobby which is costing them tons of money saying.. "I need something in return." So if you do this for something in return then... well. I don't know what to say. So please can you just stop all of this usless BS that in the end will get nowhere. Thank you
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
you can chose to make money off whatever you want in the long run

some people make art for "fun"

bet they would still sell masterpieces

Or im a musician, because i "love" playing guitar, would still consider selling albums

I repair xboxes for "fun", people still pay me

Wrote a website for someone once, again for my own fun and learning, still got paid

all hes saying is receiving a little bit of cash, and it would be a little bit people, be fair, would "add encouragement and incentive" to some mappers who otherwise may ave drawn the line there

Hes right that most people only make the one map, then dissapear, because theres no incentive to make another - unless you "want" to - in which case, you prob are not one of the whole 2 people that have done this so far

Might as well cancel all the contests too by the current logic, they dont "deserve" to win money for making something either

same for youtubers, theyd better return all the money they made from "playing a game for fun" too
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:21:52 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SirJammy's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
you can chose to make money off whatever you want in the long run

some people make art for "fun"

bet they would still sell masterpieces

Or im a musician, because i "love" playing guitar, would still consider selling albums

I repair xboxes for "fun", people still pay me

Wrote a website for someone once, again for my own fun and learning, still got paid

It was mainly the fact that he spoke for all of the community when saying it, that's what pissed me off. My mindset is that I can have fun showing my creativity in the form of a map, and I work so people enjoy the maps and have fun.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I think thats just a perception thing ;)

personally my goal here has always been to make and release features, coz like you i enjoy it

Have no intention to charge, but if people were to donate id happily accept lol

And in return, im sure i would share some prototype or experimental stuff if they asked. Then again i hand it out for free anyway lol
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:23:47 am by Harry Bo21
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Stevie, I don't usually get annoyed with people in the community, but this is just hurting me... You are speaking for us mappers / modders through your eyes, and your mindset on this subject is warped beyond repair. You say "mappers/modders just simply don't have the time or motivation to spend that much time on something for absolutely nothing in return." How can you speak for all us mappers / modders, can we take a step back and take me for example. I've been mapping nearly everyday that I'm at home for the past year and a half. And Nuketown has taken up around 7 months, which I'm still working on the second I'm writing this. Im not looking for money at all? All I (And I presume most of the community want), is to make maps for fun, so other people can have fun playing them. You don't see someone who has a hobby which is costing them tons of money saying.. "I need something in return." So if you do this for something in return then... well. I don't know what to say. So please can you just stop all of this usless BS that in the end will get nowhere. Thank you
Hey if you want to spend a few years of your life making 1 or 2 maps for absolutely nothing in return then fair play to you, you have my respect. The number of good mappers who have released more than 2 maps are pretty rare which says it all really.

And where did I 'speak for the community'? I said most mappers move on after 1/2 maps because they do. :facepalm:
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:23:58 am by steviewonder87
Date Registered: 6 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
More
GerardS0406's Groups
gerard you dont understand this chat at all

you still think ugx donations are for requiem/ugx mod, despite the fact they are actually the upkeep of the site...
Cause many people on here said it was for the mod itself also. I'm sorry once again.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SirJammy's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Hey if you want to spend a few years of your life making 1 or 2 maps for absolutely nothing in return then fair play to you, you have my respect. The number of good mappers who have released more than 2 maps are pretty rare which says it all really.

I just got annoyed since you was speaking for the community in saying we want something in return, because some of us do it to make people happy.
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Ege115's Groups
Ege115's Contact & Social LinksEge115
Then once they've made it they think 'great, that just took a year, and now I'll get nothing for this, I know let's make another one.' ::)

Even people still here, were basically gone before the contest came up (I'm looking at you JBird and Bam) let's not give it this moral high ground crap 'people don't map for money'.

A few more examples, Chroma got stuff from NGT for making a map for them, Rollon and Relaxing End, me and Dalek, Smasher and Dalek, Stuffy and Tomikaze, people map for money (or stuff that costs money) all the time. People acting like it's suddenly this 'new' immoral thing. ::)
All this time since the mod tools got released, people have been making maps for fun and what they get in return is seeing people enjoy. It's been like this for several years now and it has worked well and made both the developer and the player happy, and now suddenly it's just about the money...

Well well, I guess this just another case of a failed "company" well a forum. Look at the worst company in the world, Electronic arts, they used to care about what they did with their games until when they relized how much money they can actually get.

Edit: I've also heard that chroma actually never got anyting from ngt.
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:32:38 am by Ege115
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
I just got annoyed since you was speaking for the community in saying we want something in return, because some of us do it to make people happy.

People just want something for nothing. They have no comprehension of the work required to make maps on this scale. It just takes so long, maps like this, Leviathan, Herrenhaus, etc. are just one offs, the mappers/modders just simply don't have the time or motivation to spend that much time on something for absolutely nothing in return. I know for sure I will never make a map this large and ambitious again, I know the Leviathan team feel the same, most of the talented people make 1 or 2 maps and just move on. It's just way too time-consuming and isn't worth it.

Where did I 'speak for the community'? ???
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
And DD your opinions are almost universally derided and ridiculed, safe to say no-one cares what you think about anything.

1. not relevant to the topic.

2. Most of what i've been saying is fact and can be proven.

3. I could care less what others think of me.

Loading ...