My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Mapper - Fracture Studios
Signature
SirJammy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
SirJammy's Contact & Social Linksjamiecallow2jamboii12SirJammyMrCraftingDude
Where did I 'speak for the community'? ???

"the mappers/modders just simply don't have the time or motivation to spend that much time on something for absolutely nothing in return"
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I just got annoyed since you was speaking for the community in saying we want something in return, because some of us do it to make people happy.
again, it will be free in 2 months

Hes just saying its "more likely" youll return to mapping, if you have had some form of success

Coz lets be fair, half the community here see a free map, then play it with a pen and paper in hand to write down every minor problem they see, just to come and blast the topic moments later

If people just played what they got for free, and expected the quality level that amount buys, id agree entirely

but they dont

so hes ruthlessly plugged up just about every bug in this map, The sheer amount of time and attention that has taken is immense. I would know, ive even done some of it, and trust me it wasnt out of enjoyment lol

Double Post Merge: September 05, 2015, 12:31:55 am
All this time since the mod tools got released, people have been making maps for fun and what they get in return is seeing people enjoy. It's been like this for several years now and it has worked well and made both the developer and the player happy, and now suddenly it's just about the money...

Well well, I guess this just another case of a failed "company" well a forum. Look at the worst company in the world, Electronic arts, they used to care about what they did with their games until when they relized how much money they can actually get.
electronic arts did not "release it for free" 2 months later

ARE WE ALL MISSING THIS STILL

If you dont want to pay, then you just have to WAIT

how is that "all about the money"?

If it were "all about the money"

A: Would all go to stevie, which it doesnt

B: Would NEVER be free
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:31:56 am by Harry Bo21
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
"the mappers/modders just simply don't have the time or motivation to spend that much time on something for absolutely nothing in return"
Yes just cut me off mid sentence and quote it. ::) I referenced my map, the Leviathan team (who said the same thing), and Herrenhaus, and probably a few others so I put 'etc'. How is that speaking for the community? :facepalm:
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Ege115's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Ege115's Contact & Social LinksEge115
Yes just cut me off mid sentence and quote it. ::) I referenced my map, the Leviathan team (who said the same thing), and Herrenhaus, and probably a few others so I put 'etc'. How is that speaking for the community? :facepalm:
Well, I guess the leviathan team only have themselves to blame if they said that, they continued anyway. Hell, they even updated it today.
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:36:33 am by Ege115
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I actually agree this should just be locked and removed

People cant actually discuss these things

All they can do is twist the point to make it seem worse than it is, go crying to activision, attack the SITE and lie claiming they would never accept money for this

The whole thing has just become the usual crap we see time and time again

If it were "for fun and enjoyment", we wouldnt have 100s of cancelled maps in LOS because of people coming and hating on them so bad, the mapper cancels and moves on

I think we should all stop playing the "we are such a kind community" card and face facts

people are free to take donations if they want, if you dont like it, dont dontate. And stop "twisting" it to say its "all about money"

Coz by that logic, I remind you just how many absent mappers have ONLY appeared for the contests...

2. Most of what i've been saying is fact and can be proven.

and i "can prove" that 90% of your posts is being an ass ;)

You came in here just to flaunt your "I know the law" attitude, which isnt even correct...

then moved on to morality - again a matter of opinion

all the while still trying to claim its wrong to make a few bucks out of something you worked hard on - despite the fact, you CAN pay nothing, and still get the map. Making everything youve said here, completely redundant in every possible way so :

1. not relevant to the topic.

very relevent
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:44:27 am by Harry Bo21
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Well, I guess the leviathan team only have themselves to blame if they said that, they continued anyway. Hell, they even updated it today.
It is a new map? Wow, I thought they just fixed some script things and made an update? Well if it's already a whole new map I'm even more excited to play it now.
Date Registered: 21 September 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SirJammy's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I actually agree this should just be locked and removed

People cant actually discuss these things

All they can do is twist the point to make it seem worse than it is, go crying to activision, attack the SITE and lie claiming they would never accept money for this

The whole thing has just become the usual crap we see time and time again

If it were "for fun and enjoyment", we wouldnt have 100s of cancelled maps in LOS because of people coming and hating on them so bad, the mapper cancels and moves on

I think we should all stop playing the "we are such a kind community" card and face facts

people are free to take donations if they want, if you dont like it, dont dontate. And stop "twisting" it to say its "all about money"

Coz by that logic, I remind you just how many absent mappers have ONLY appeared for the contests...

I never said its all about money, its the fact that people are not getting the map the same time as everyone else, its restricting the map from other people since if the beta comes out for donaters, that in theory should be the date it comes out for everyone.. But it isn't. Which is why I think its wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the donating to mappers / modders to encourage them, but not when its pushing out betas to people who pay up, and leaving people who don't pay with no beta.
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Ege115's Groups
Ege115's Contact & Social LinksEge115
It is a new map? Wow, I thought they just fixed some script things and made an update? Well if it's already a whole new map I'm even more excited to play it now.
Nope it isn't a new map, like you said. But they still decided to keep developing the map. No one forced them to continue developing, they could have stopped anytime.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I never said its all about money, its the fact that people are not getting the map the same time as everyone else, its restricting the map from other people since if the beta comes out for donaters, that in theory should be the date it comes out for everyone.. But it isn't. Which is why I think its wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the donating to mappers / modders to encourage them, but not when its pushing out betas to people who pay up, and leaving people who don't pay with no beta.
and im not talking about "you" specifically, please "try" to see that

I can already tell some of you are just assuming im taking sides coz im friends with Stevie, but thats nothing to do with it. I literally feel people are entitled to take donations, to help them further their work in the future

Modify message

Here, the true reason

your not "going without" anything THE MAP IS STILL COMING OUT IN 2 MONTHS

and your not "entitled" to the beta in the first place

your not even entitled to the MAP in the first place, just look at the COD ONLINE WIP which is NOT GETTING RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC

that in theory should be the date it comes out for everyone

I remind you again, this is not "an official" map, nor are you "buying" it. you are donating to stevie. And stevie rewards the donators with the beta, just like UGX, and just like Activision does with preorders

and again i remind you, you have no "entitlement" to play this map AT ALL

omg im talking to walls...
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:59:01 am by Harry Bo21
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Nope it isn't a new map, like you said. But they still decided to keep developing the map. No one forced them to continue developing, they could have stopped anytime.
The point was they said this map was a one-off, and they don't plan on making another one like it ever. Not whether or not they provided updates to a map they released to fix bugs and stuff, that's totally irrelevant.
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt

I can already tell some of you are just assuming im taking sides coz im friends with Stevie, but thats nothing to do with it. I literally feel people are entitled to take donations, to help them further their work in the future
Not bias at all...
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SirJammy's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha

So am I, in fact I think everyone should have a donate button below their name, but it shouldn't impact other people who don't donate. Also, please don't get cocky, it just makes me cringe kinda :/
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Not bias at all...
um, I worked on this damn hard, and "I" am getting fuck all from this donation process, and stuffy said the same

So take your words and kindly...

Double Post Merge: September 05, 2015, 12:50:14 am
So am I, in fact I think everyone should have a donate button below their name, but it shouldn't impact other people who don't donate. Also, please don't get cocky, it just makes me cringe kinda :/
I wasnt

grow up
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:51:35 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SirJammy's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
um, I worked on this damn hard, and "I" am getting fuck all from this donation process, and stuffy said the same

So take your words and kindly...

Double Post Merge: September 05, 2015, 12:50:14 am
I wasnt

grow up

"and im not talking about "you" specifically, please "try" to see that"

"I wasnt

grow up"
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
(Image removed from quote.)

"and im not talking about "you" specifically, please "try" to see that"

"I wasnt

grow up"

lol ok, so i try to explain that im not talking to you with my comments, because you keep responding as if i am

which is quite obvious as you keep quoting me

thats being "cocky"

whatever man
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:56:19 am by Harry Bo21

Loading ...