Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[WIP] Black Ops II Town 2.0 (Canceled)

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by MZslayer11

Poll

Question: Should there be Dog boss rounds?

Yes
No
Make it optional (If I can figure it out/get the script)

Poll

Question: Should there be Wonferfizz Machines?

Yes
No, it doesnt fit the map.
Date Registered: 14 February 2016
Last active: 1 month ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Love me or hate me
I'm stopping 'til I'm on top
I'm screaming f*** the world like 2Pac
Say my name and you might get shot
It's Nine Lives motherf***er 'til I drop
When the guns go off they "pop"
We leave your body outlined in chalk
If you talk you better learn to walk the walk
'Cause it's Nine Lives motherf***er 'til I drop
                                                                   - Deuce
AKScorpion75's Groups
Got any updates or an ETA
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
...So I have not opened radiant in like 4 months (if not more) and I really don't feel like returning to the stress that is WaW modding so i'm gonna call this one quits guys. Sorry for those who were looking forward to it but i'm just really not interested in continuing. Rest assured, I will be modding in BO3 when those tools finally get out, whenever that may be. Thanks to those who have helped and supported me along the way.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
AKScorpion75's Groups
...So I have not opened radiant in like 4 months (if not more) and I really don't feel like returning to the stress that is WaW modding so i'm gonna call this one quits guys. Sorry for those who were looking forward to it but i'm just really not interested in continuing. Rest assured, I will be modding in BO3 when those tools finally get out, whenever that may be. Thanks to those who have helped and supported me along the way.
First WARDOGSK93's Asylum and now this, all because of Black Ops 3 custom maps. It's either months or years away. What happened to the love for WaW custom maps, GONE! poof. Where did it go?  MZSlayer11 I'm not hating on you it's just BlackOps 3 keeps taking the good mappers away from WaW and especially on the good maps (like this one). Lots of hype goes to waste. Lot's of time people put in these maps go to waste. Create a masterpiece and don't release it because of BO3 mod tools. Where has the community gone?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
First WARDOGSK93's Asylum and now this, all because of Black Ops 3 custom maps. It's either months or years away. What happened to the love for WaW custom maps, GONE! poof. Where did it go?  MZSlayer11 I'm not hating on you it's just BlackOps 3 keeps taking the good mappers away from WaW and especially on the good maps (like this one). Lots of hype goes to waste. Lot's of time people put in these maps go to waste. Create a masterpiece and don't release it because of BO3 mod tools. Where has the community gone?

Lol it's not because of bo3 that its canceled, it's because I don't enjoy working on this project anymore and I don't think you have any place to be mad at me for canceling my project. I'm glad you were interested but dude chill. The community is on the back burner due the the interlude between was and bo3 but I can assure modding will flourish again in bo3.
Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:14:18 pm by MZslayer11
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
AKScorpion75's Groups
Lol it's not because of bo3 that its canceled, it's because I don't enjoy working on this project anymore and I don't think you have any place to be mad at me for canceling my project. I'm glad you were interested but dude chill. The community is on the back burner due the the interlude between was and bo3 but I can assure modding will flourish again in bo3.
I'm sure of BO3 modding will flourish and be astonishing but it's not necessarily that being my issue. I went back to page 1 and saw 91% mapping so it would have been cool to actually see release. And 5 months later it becomes cancelled. Honestly I thought, `Hey, 5 months later, this map is gonna be amazing." So honestly I am a little pissed about this map being cancelled and honestly don't see the whole reason why. But i guess i'll just face the facts that this is the end of WaW custom maps
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
I'm sure of BO3 modding will flourish and be astonishing but it's not necessarily that being my issue. I went back to page 1 and saw 91% mapping so it would have been cool to actually see release. And 5 months later it becomes cancelled. Honestly I thought, `Hey, 5 months later, this map is gonna be amazing." So honestly I am a little pissed about this map being cancelled and honestly don't see the whole reason why. But i guess i'll just face the facts that this is the end of WaW custom maps

You don't get it bro. Mapping is a hobby. A hobby that I enjoyed for a long time. But when you work on the same project for over two years, it drags you down. (Literally I was pretty depressed about this project for the past year) It becomes something you HAVE to do, not something you WANT to do. When I stop enjoying something that I don't NEED to be doing, I stop. I don't see it as wasted time, I see it as a learning experience. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't change a thing, because I enjoyed (Past tense) working on this map and I improved my modding skill from 0 to pretty good. Ill take the knowledge of the experience over a half assed release any day.

If you don't respect my decision, it doesn't matter, because its MY decision. I was not modding for your imaginary deadline, I was modding for the enjoyment of it and to maybe release something awesome for the community. That did not happen, and that's OK. Regardless of BO3 mod tools or not, I still probably would have canceled this. You have no idea how an unfinished project can stress you out, and you have no bounds to criticize me, another modder or anything we do In our free time for the enjoyment of ourselvs and others. Good day to you sir.

A mod can lock this now please.
Date Registered: 27 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
adfgdagasdf2's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
adfgdagasdf2's Contact & Social Links
That really sucks, this map looked amazing... but I don't blame you, I've had hobbies become chores before, it's not fun. Any chance you could release what you got?
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
You could may as well give it to someone who could work on it for you.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
That really sucks, this map looked amazing... but I don't blame you, I've had hobbies become chores before, it's not fun. Any chance you could release what you got?

Its not currently in any state that would be considered playable, and i'm not going to work on it anymore because ill never feel like its ready to release and ill be back at square one.

You could may as well give it to someone who could work on it for you.

If somebody really wants it they can PM me. I'm not gonna give it away to just anybody.
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Its not currently in any state that would be considered playable, and i'm not going to work on it anymore because ill never feel like its ready to release and ill be back at square one.

If somebody really wants it they can PM me. I'm not gonna give it away to just anybody.
Inb4 bwc pms you :troll:
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
You don't get it bro. Mapping is a hobby. A hobby that I enjoyed for a long time. But when you work on the same project for over two years, it drags you down. (Literally I was pretty depressed about this project for the past year) It becomes something you HAVE to do, not something you WANT to do. When I stop enjoying something that I don't NEED to be doing, I stop. I don't see it as wasted time, I see it as a learning experience. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't change a thing, because I enjoyed (Past tense) working on this map and I improved my modding skill from 0 to pretty good. Ill take the knowledge of the experience over a half assed release any day.

If you don't respect my decision, it doesn't matter, because its MY decision. I was not modding for your imaginary deadline, I was modding for the enjoyment of it and to maybe release something awesome for the community. That did not happen, and that's OK. Regardless of BO3 mod tools or not, I still probably would have canceled this. You have no idea how an unfinished project can stress you out, and you have no bounds to criticize me, another modder or anything we do In our free time for the enjoyment of ourselvs and others. Good day to you sir.

I just want to say, before this gets locked, that I really respect and agree with your viewpoint. I think mapping should be a hobby, but some people take it to an extreme and I don't think that's healthy for them or the community.

At the end of the day there's no money involved, nor "fame," except the humble respect our small community can give. So make something for yourself and fuck whatever happens, if it gets boring stop, if not then push it through. But do it for yourself, not anyone else, because it's your project and it should only be your project as long as you enjoy it. We're not paid level designers, we're just zombies fans.

And -- not trying to go off on a tangent -- but I do think, however, that we should try to cut down on the amount of WiP's because it can lead to disappointment. Again, there's no shame in canceling, but it does upset a project's followers, obviously. I do not plan to ever release a WiP unless I'm literally two weeks away from finishing the map and it's ready for beta testing. Honestly, if I created a WiP for every failed map I've made so far, I'd have released like a dozen threads lol, with at least a couple actually looking promising.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website

Well said.

I want to add a personal anecdote, I found that after posting a WIP, it became a chore to continue with it. I opened radiant like twice after posting WIP images for my map Cara, and it just got boring, and I felt like I had to carry on after posting it, and got really pissed at myself for not continuing it. I'm now gradually working on a different tiny map whenever I get a free moment, and it's so much more fun and valuable.
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
i'm so sorry to see you cancel this man. But if you like. I would like to keep the map going. In other means. I would love to resume your amazing work man :). If you would please pm me the file and i would love to start working on it.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
i'm so sorry to see you cancel this man. But if you like. I would like to keep the map going. In other means. I would love to resume your amazing work man :). If you would please pm me the file and i would love to start working on it.

I have kinda changed my mind about giving it away. Sorry.
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 10 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I have kinda changed my mind about giving it away. Sorry.
So, it's not cancelled? (*question mark?*)

Loading ...