Welp after a month or two I decided to release T4M in its current state. Mainly because all three developers will be getting back to school soon and not to mention we all have our own projects; so, lack of time is the main reason I'm releasing it in its current state.
Now about this "mod" what it does is load itself into World at War through DirectX (d3d9.dll) and does some fun stuff to do the game. This mod is to be used both by creators and users since if let's say a mod were to be released and it were to exceed a certain limit, the user needs the mod to be installed or they'll always hit that limit.
You need to own World at War on Steam or if you have the CD version w/ LanFixed exe that'll work too.
If you own WaW but through CD you will not be able to use this mod unless you get the LanFixed exe which is located in Notes #5 in the post.
- Increased asset limits to T5 standard or higher (FX = 600, Image = 4096, Loaded Sound = 2400, Material = 4096, Stringtable = 80, Weapon = 320*, XModel = 1500 [r41])
- Memory limit has been increased from 314572800 bytes to 343932928 bytes (425721856 bytes in r42 and afterwards)
- Windowed - No Border mode (use console commands below)
- FoV dvars unlocked (cg_fov, cg_fovMin, cg_fovScale)
- DVar's display what type they are in console.
- External Console has been unlocked along with in-game console to be never disabled.
- External Console has a bool dvar r_externalconsole con_external (r43+) for it to show or not show. (r42)
- Added listassetpool and forgot a bunch of other stuff, mainly WIP stuff.
- Added entity count in cg_drawfps 2
- Added listassetcounts (r45+)
- Console spam has been suppressed.
- Solo scoreboard has been enabled (r39).
- Notetrack in CSC will now work on all notes, not only for the ones that start with "tesla_" (r40).
- An extra fastfile named "mod_ex" will be loaded if a mod is loaded and exists in that mod, it has priority over all others (so it overrides mod). (r42)
Drag the downloaded DLL from the RAR into your World at War root directory.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.Notes:
- No Border: Enter this into console to enable no border -> r_fullscreen 0;vid_xpos 0;vid_ypos 0;r_noborder 1;vid_restart
- Revision 45 of the DLL
- Weapon limit has been confirmed to work, along with every other asset limitation.
- Mods created that do pass asset limits will require users to have T4M as well.
- Only Steam or "LanFixed" versions of the game will work with the mod, NOT CD. If you have the CD version this is the LanFixed version of the game, run this exe instead of CoDWaW.exe (or you can replace your call) [You are not allowed to view external links. Register or Login to see them]
- Vertex Corruption: [You are not allowed to view external links. Register or Login to see them] || TEMPORARY FIX: Set all Texture/Specular/Normal Map Resolution to anything but your current settings. All THREE options SHOULD NOT BE the same as your current settings. Lower your texture settings one-by-one until it's working fine. The issue is the game is using too much VRAM than the allocated amount (1024MB capped) and I won't be able to fix it.
- Steam vs CD can't connect to lobbies: This is beyond my capabilities and will not be fixed.
If you still can't figure out here's another video....