Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
Hey guys!

I'm finishing up my Alcatraz map but I have a quick question. I have some doors that can only be opened from one side but my problem is that players can still open them from the other side. I have the trigger on one side and the door is clipped. How do you stop players from being able to see/use the trigger through the door/wall?

Thanks,

WhippyTrout
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
fk
Signature
iPlay - Facts                               
Hex Tower - Facts
Andromeda - Facts
Octagonal Ascension - Facts
iPlay v2 - Facts
Eclipse - Facts
MW2 Rust - Facts
Gulag - Facts
Decagon - Facts
---------------------------------------------- BO3
Scrapyard - Facts
Rust 2.0 - Facts
Rust MP - Facts
Gulag Again ffs - Facts
Hex Tower - Facts
Octagon - Facts
Decagon - Facts
Cataclysm - Facts
Dome - Bland
Psh's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Psh's Contact & Social LinksAskPshZombiesihaZzRaBieZI_haZzZ_RaBieZz
I have this issue as well, send halp :alone:
Date Registered: 19 August 2012
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Mapper
Signature
Maker of Contrivance
Psych's Groups
Psych's Contact & Social Links
Hey guys!

I'm finishing up my Alcatraz map but I have a quick question. I have some doors that can only be opened from one side but my problem is that players can still open them from the other side. I have the trigger on one side and the door is clipped. How do you stop players from being able to see/use the trigger through the door/wall?

Thanks,

WhippyTrout

how thick are your brushs/clips for the door? I have never had this problem before with the same situation as you described. if push comes to shove just move the trigger slightly away from the wall or make a control panel or something away from the door that the player uses instead of going right up to the door
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
how thick are your brushs/clips for the door? I have never had this problem before with the same situation as you described. if push comes to shove just move the trigger slightly away from the wall or make a control panel or something away from the door that the player uses instead of going right up to the door

I tried thickening the clip and moving the trigger but they can still use the trigger. One door's clip is 5 units thick and the others is 8.5 units think and I can still open them from the wrong side. It's weird. I can't thicken them anymore or move the trigger further back or it will mess up the door.
Date Registered: 30 July 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Current project: Afterlife
Signature
"The only time you should look back, is to see how far you've come."
Hope this helps!

Radiant:
Spoiler: click to open...

Trigger Door:

Opposite Door:
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Hey guys!

Thanks,

WhippyTrout

This is interesting, I've always had the opposite issue where you have to have two triggers to be opened from both sides. Are you using a trigger_use, default hintstrings, and default blocker script? Is this a door or debris? Is the door a model or a brush?

If your using custom hintstrings, perhaps adding a BulletTracePassed check would help.
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_Scripting_Reference_-_Trace::BulletTracePassed

If your using default everything, then you will just have to pull the trigger further away from the door, not make it as thick, or something along those lines.
Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 08:09:16 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
This is interesting, I've always had the opposite issue where you have to have two triggers to be opened from both sides. Are you using a trigger_use, default hintstrings, and default blocker script? Is this a door or debris? Is the door a model or a brush?

If your using custom hintstrings, perhaps adding a BulletTracePassed check would help.
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_Scripting_Reference_-_Trace::BulletTracePassed

If your using default everything, then you will just have to pull the trigger further away from the door, not make it as thick, or something along those lines.

I'm using a model for the door and the ugx rotating door tutorial found here: https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Creating+a+Moving+Door+Blocker  The trigger is a trigger_use. It's as if the clip is the trigger because no matter how thick I make the clip or how far I move the trigger_use I can always use the trigger.  ???
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I'm using a model for the door and the ugx rotating door tutorial found here: https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Creating+a+Moving+Door+Blocker  The trigger is a trigger_use. It's as if the clip is the trigger because no matter how thick I make the clip or how far I move the trigger_use I can always use the trigger.  ???

Interesting. Kvp on the clip are correct? I assume you checked all kvps? Would you mind posting a prefab or pics with kvps?
Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 08:18:37 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Yea I checked all the kvp's they seem right. Here is a prefab, I changed my custom door model to a Cod waw model and moved the clip and trigger back to where they originally were before I extended them since it didn't work.

Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Yea I checked all the kvp's they seem right. Here is a prefab, I changed my custom door model to a Cod waw model and moved the clip and trigger back to where they originally were before I extended them since it didn't work.

I'll be damned. I guess I have never used models for doors before, lol. I tested, and with a brush it only shows on one side, but with a model, it goes through. I had to put the trigger 70 units away from the door to not see it on the otherside.

Now I get why so many people said you could use one trigger for both sides of a door, lol. Wow, the little things...

I did however, and I don't know if either of these are correct, get it to work right up to the door, but I changed the clip to weapon clip, and I also change it to caulk and hid it inside the door, and both worked. It's probably not right, but you could test other clips maybe. Clip nosight metal didn't work though, you could still see it on the other side.
Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 06:53:40 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Lol I told you man, weird.  :D  I'm glad It's not just me, I thought i was crazy or something. I'll tryout different textures like you said. I'll figure it out one way or another. Thanks for helping.
Marked as best answer by whippytrout 8 years ago
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Can you try adding caulkbrush inside the model?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Hey guys! I forgot to let everyone know that I solved the issue thanks to your help. I just changed the clip brush to caulk like HitmanVere and MakeCents said. Works like a charm I didn't even have to thicken the brush or anything I have it set the same length, width, and height as the door.  ;D    :nyan:

Thanks,

WhippyTrout

Loading ...