Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Link has been updated in the OP.
broken avatar :(
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
is this like literally the town from bo2? or has it been improved? i see little point in dling this if its a bo2 replica as i can play it on bo2
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
is this like literally the town from bo2? or has it been improved? i see little point in dling this if its a bo2 replica as i can play it on bo2

It's a near identical replica of Town though it does have the cafateria section from MotD as a bonus area.

I am playing it right now and although I am not a fan of the BO2 Town map I am actually enjoying playing this. The addition of Electric Cherry is working out well and weapons are decent enough for my liking. Still incredible how much the map looks like the BO2 version.
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
I find it rather depressing that all you need to get massive props from a large portion of the community is to ape BOII in whatever way possible, from weapons to the maps themselves.

The mapping looks great -- huge respect for that to OP. Phenomenal job!

But at the end of the day a remake is a remake, and it's a remake on an inferior engine to boot. And half of the recent releases/WIP's are either BOII remakes or basically copy every single aspect of BOII's features.

BOII =/= better. I'm glad that a lot of people are enjoying the remakes, but I still don't really understand what's the benefit of a remake on WAW over the original BOII version.
This.. is. so.. SEXY! I can say that you are the best mapper in the community and I'm pretty sure everyone can agree.  Huge props, gameplay is also really good IMO and keep on mapping ;DD
I personally think it's insulting to all of the other mappers in this community to say that OP is superior to them because he made a remake of a BOII map. He's skilled, definitely so, but I'd still rather see some unique maps and ideas over more remakes on these forums.

I'm probably just gonna get called a troll but w/e, I'm happy that a lot of people are at least enjoying this. Nothing wrong with that. I'm still gonna try this one out for the MOTD EE (which is a very good, ORIGINAL idea) and then report back.
Date Registered: 12 July 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Signature
This game is f***ed when PewDiePie starts playing it.
e0894ed4's Groups
e0894ed4's Contact & Social Links
@ShotgunRagtime
Honestly I wanna see more remakes. I guess it's all about the opinion in the end.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Meanwhile... at ShotgunRagtime's house...

Joking aside, I can see what you are saying but I definitely have to disagree. Some people can't afford BO2 on PC or even have a rig to run it and that is where these remakes come in. Then their is the chance that the mapper has actually improved over the original. This does not differ greatly to the BO2 version but there is a few things that make it better in my opinion so that is enough to warrant the remake.
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
I find it rather depressing that all you need to get massive props from a large portion of the community is to ape BOII in whatever way possible, from weapons to the maps themselves.

But at the end of the day a remake is a remake, and it's a remake on an inferior engine to boot. And half of the recent releases/WIP's are either BOII remakes or basically copy every single aspect of BOII's features.

BOII =/= better. I'm glad that a lot of people are enjoying the remakes, but I still don't really understand what's the benefit of a remake on WAW over the original BOII version.I personally think it's insulting to all of the other mappers in this community to say that OP is superior to them because he made a remake of a BOII map. He's skilled, definitely so, but I'd still rather see some unique maps and ideas over more remakes on these forums.

I'm probably just gonna get called a troll but w/e, I'm happy that a lot of people are at least enjoying this. Nothing wrong with that. I'm still gonna try this one out for the MOTD EE (which is a very good, ORIGINAL idea) and then report back.

If its just a 1:1 remake, same layout, same guns, same perks etc I would totally agree. But this map has a MOTD bonus room, Electric Cherry, different weapons, and it doesn't feel like the actual survival map.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
If its just a 1:1 remake, same layout, same guns, same perks etc I would totally agree. But this map has a MOTD bonus room, Electric Cherry, different weapons, and it doesn't feel like the actual survival map.
I still consider it very, very close to 1:1. There are no new areas aside from the MOTD Cafe and the bar being slightly more open. I didn't notice any new weapons, although I guess there may have been 2-3 new ones in the box? And I don't consider an extra perk a significant change. Anyway, it felt like the survival map to me, if it didn't for you that's good though.
Joking aside, I can see what you are saying but I definitely have to disagree. Some people can't afford BO2 on PC or even have a rig to run it and that is where these remakes come in. Then their is the chance that the mapper has actually improved over the original. This does not differ greatly to the BO2 version but there is a few things that make it better in my opinion so that is enough to warrant the remake.
That's a good point. But if we follow that line of reasoning, shouldn't mappers be working on every BOI/II map so that the WAW community can play them? Not in my opinion.

I think it'd be cool to see a remake that follows the same layout of the map but with different scenery/setting, more areas, and new weapons. If a remake had those things, it's not so much a remake as it is a whole new map.
Date Registered: 5 February 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Signature
Zombies are the opposites of girls, they do care about your brain

I still consider it very, very close to 1:1. There are no new areas aside from the MOTD Cafe and the bar being slightly more open. I didn't notice any new weapons, although I guess there may have been 2-3 new ones in the box? And I don't consider an extra perk a significant change. Anyway, it felt like the survival map to me, if it didn't for you that's good though.That's a good point. But if we follow that line of reasoning, shouldn't mappers be working on every BOI/II map so that the WAW community can play them? Not in my opinion.

I think it'd be cool to see a remake that follows the same layout of the map but with different scenery/setting, more areas, and new weapons. If a remake had those things, it's not so much a remake as it is a whole new map.
Origins and all of Tranzit are being worked on, someone tried Buried I think a beta was on ZM but never finished and bad textures
So only Die Rise and MOTD havent been remade or tried
Date Registered: 12 July 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
e0894ed4's Groups
e0894ed4's Contact & Social Links
Where's that extra room with cherry I can't find it
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Origins and all of Tranzit are being worked on, someone tried Buried I think a beta was on ZM but never finished and bad textures
So only Die Rise and MOTD havent been remade or tried
The Origins one is supposed to take place in the '20s and have a lot of different features. So it's not that much of a remake. The buried one is, as you said, an unfinished beta with some issues.

At this point somebody could probably create Tranzit by taking the Farm remake and this and just adding the bus depot, diner, and the power station, connecting them via road, and scripting the bus.
Date Registered: 26 December 2014
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
c.h.n's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
c.h.n's Contact & Social Linksc_h_ncihan_gurbuzRadiantCHNCihan#5042

it's very nice to see something we're not used to see.

Great portalling,
texturing,
lighting,
design and ambiance (fx/fog)

do i get a reward for finding these?  :)
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(

BOII =/= better. I'm glad that a lot of people are enjoying the remakes, but I still don't really understand what's the benefit of a remake on WAW over the original BOII version.I personally think it's insulting to all of the other mappers in this community to say that OP is superior to them because he made a remake of a BOII map. He's skilled, definitely so, but I'd still rather see some unique maps and ideas over more remakes on these forums.

+1 Have to say I agree with this mostly.

Remakes should be an improvement or a drastic change from the original to be worthwhile (IMO of course). This map is stunning in how IZaRTaX has recreated Town PERFECTLY. And without doubt this guy is one of the best mappers I've seen (if not the best, also basing this on his COD4 work which is jaw droppingly good). But personally I feel that this is too similar to BO2 Town and I might as well just play it on BO2.
Date Registered: 5 February 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
The Origins one is supposed to take place in the '20s and have a lot of different features. So it's not that much of a remake. The buried one is, as you said, an unfinished beta with some issues.

At this point somebody could probably create Tranzit by taking the Farm remake and this and just adding the bus depot, diner, and the power station, connecting them via road, and scripting the bus.
Hmm this idea sounds familiar, perhaps the WIP Tranzit 2.0 which is being worked on by Slayer, Rich, DualVII and many others? :troll:
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
+1 Have to say I agree with this mostly.

Remakes should be an improvement or a drastic change from the original to be worthwhile (IMO of course). This map is stunning in how IZaRTaX has recreated Town PERFECTLY. And without doubt this guy is one of the best mappers I've seen (if not the best, also basing this on his COD4 work which is jaw droppingly good). But personally I feel that this is too similar to BO2 Town and I might as well just play it on BO2.

^this, btw does this town have more weapons and a WW this time round? or same old shitty box selection?

Loading ...