Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Beginner mapper trying to make something for the community to enjoy
ihmiskeho's Groups
ihmiskeho's Contact & Social Linksihmiskeho
Laboratory

This is my first map so there is not much to it. I've put a lot of work doing this map so I hope you enjoy it.

Description
The map takes place in 1980s Soviet Union. You are stuck in an abandoned laboratory and your mission is to get out.

Features:

-A some sort of Easter Egg (not just a buyable ending).
-Der Riese radios (storyline) .
-BO1 and WaW weapons (Bringing back the fan favorite Springfield! :P ).
-BO1 perks.
-FX.
-A few mini secrets.

Easter Egg steps (if you don't want to run around wondering what to do for 2 hours):
Spoiler: click to open...

Activate all 4 radios (not music)
Activate all 10 switches.
Deactive all 3 generators.
Find the key.
Use the key to open the door near power.
Pick up the parts found in the room you've just opened.
Add the parts to the buildable bench in the laboratory area.

Some things you should know about the map

-PaPed BO weapons don't have PaP camos.
-The hand icon means that it's part of the Easter egg and it will do something later
-The map has some little bugs. If you find something game breaking, please leave it down in the comment section

Credits:
Aidan: Kino der Toten teleporter, 400 fx asset fix
bamskater33: BO1 perks, fx
Rorke: BO1 weapons
YaPh1l: Zombie in a jar
ZK: all his mapping tutorials
Gamer9294: script help
Tom-BMX: Buyable ending
JR-Imagine: script placer Z
MdMaxx: Voice acting, testing
Teemu: Voice acting, testing

Sorry if I missed anyone

Please post your opinions in the comment section. Let me know what should be better in future maps. And if you find some game breaking glitches comment it down as well and I will do my best to fix it.
Have fun!

Mediafire:

broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Tired atm, so cant play this map now, but I will give it a go tomorrow. Looks decent from the pics :)
Btw, torilla tavataan ;) (Lets meet at flea market)
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
This looks pretty decent, I'll try this out tomorrow, too late currently.  :please:
Perkele
Am I doing it right?  :please:
Date Registered: 12 July 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Signature
This game is f***ed when PewDiePie starts playing it.
e0894ed4's Groups
e0894ed4's Contact & Social Links
Very good for first map congrats
Date Registered: 14 October 2015
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
None of the newer CoDs compare to CoD4 and WaW
Signature
It's hard to go wrong with the color blue!
Raspica Blue's Groups
Raspica Blue's Contact & Social LinksRaspicaBlue@RaspicaBlue[Blue]Raspica_PCUCExkQNca5Ek5UXSAFKBPMLA
Just WAY too dark. Also, there's no response when I press the switches, so I don't know if I'm actually activating them. And I can't pick up the key (if it's because I didn't finish the switches part, then that's a flaw since this Easter Egg would then be extremely scripted). And the map is way too dark. I couldn't finish the map because my eyes were too sore to continue playing, so I just quit.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Just WAY too dark. Also, there's no response when I press the switches, so I don't know if I'm actually activating them. And I can't pick up the key (if it's because I didn't finish the switches part, then that's a flaw since this Easter Egg would then be extremely scripted). And the map is way too dark. I couldn't finish the map because my eyes were too sore to continue playing, so I just quit.
Or....

"Awesome map bro! had a great time playing, but I would raise the brightness a little, i had a hard time seeing. Also There was a small issue that I couldnt pick up the key for the easter egg? Just thought you should know! Keep up the good work!"

Its not hard, to write it in a way thats actually "nice"...
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Raspica Blue's Groups
Raspica Blue's Contact & Social LinksRaspicaBlue@RaspicaBlue[Blue]Raspica_PCUCExkQNca5Ek5UXSAFKBPMLA
Or....

"Awesome map bro! had a great time playing, but I would raise the brightness a little, i had a hard time seeing. Also There was a small issue that I couldnt pick up the key for the easter egg? Just thought you should know! Keep up the good work!"

Its not hard, to write it in a way thats actually "nice"...
Yeah, sorry, I just wasn't in a very good mood because my eyes were throbbing. Also, BO3 release is swarmed with exams on my end, so I'm stressing out on studying.

I did get a bit of warm nostalgia from the BO1 map "Five" when I discovered the lab room, though. That was a good element of the map. In future maps, though, please distinguish from buyable doors and unbuyable doors a little better, like maybe putting wooden barricades on the unbuyable ones. It's a mistake that a lot of mappers make, so don't feel too bad that you did it (after all, it's your first map).
Date Registered: 2 January 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
ihmiskeho's Groups
ihmiskeho's Contact & Social Linksihmiskeho

OK so I'll start with the darkness: Originally this was supposed to be a scary map. But the scary features (such as ambient sounds) were not working. So the map kinda just stayed dark.

In the switch part did you have a hand icon in the switch? If you did that's because you didn't activate all the radios. The switches have hintstrings and they play a sound when you activate them but in order to activate them you need to turn on the radios . Same goes with the key: other steps need to be activated before you can get the key.

I know the EE is annoying  :(. I'm currently working on a newer version of the map and I'm going to change how the EE works (so you don't have to do everything in the exact order). If you have other improvements to the map just let me know in the comments :)
Date Registered: 6 April 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Wallpaper Service
Signature
I'm making a wallpaper for you of you give me the beta of your upcoming map.
_ChaosKevin's Groups
_ChaosKevin's Contact & Social LinkstrytoepicliveTryToEpic
For a "first map" it isn't so Bad. I have seen worse ones.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Pretty good map, atleast its not box map, haha. I would suggest for update to add the PaP camos for custom weapons and add lights to atleast few rooms, map looks dull atm :P Also, I did EE and opened the door, but I think you should give better hint for where the door is, since I looked everywhere and it was literally next to me :lol: All in all, good map
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
Quite a nice map, but if you don't mind, some things I feel you can remember for future work.  ;)
The textures on the stairs didn't line up, just working on small things like that can give a map just that little boost to make it even better!
I noticed you used alot of the same textures, in my own opinion it got pretty stale, and with the fog every room just felt like the previous one. Try to give each room a bit more character.

But the map was nice, enjoyed playing it, although early sprinters isn't something I'm fond of. :please:

Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Shewtur's Groups
Shewtur's Contact & Social Links
That moment when the Springfield hits too hard   :poker:
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Raspica Blue's Groups
OK so I'll start with the darkness: Originally this was supposed to be a scary map. But the scary features (such as ambient sounds) were not working. So the map kinda just stayed dark.

In the switch part did you have a hand icon in the switch? If you did that's because you didn't activate all the radios. The switches have hintstrings and they play a sound when you activate them but in order to activate them you need to turn on the radios . Same goes with the key: other steps need to be activated before you can get the key.

I know the EE is annoying  :(. I'm currently working on a newer version of the map and I'm going to change how the EE works (so you don't have to do everything in the exact order). If you have other improvements to the map just let me know in the comments :)

I found and activated all radios, and then I tried to do switches. None of them gave a response, and there were 10 of them, so I had no idea if the EE was even working. At the very least, make the hand disappear after I press the button.

Also, light up a few lamps in some corners if you want dark maps. Because it's a game and not real life, our eyes can't easily enter night vision, and our eye cells start to hurt if the light/darkness effects aren't done right, and lamps would help alleviate this problem. To make it actually cool, you can have some lamps turn on after the power switch is turned on :)
Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 02:22:29 am by Raspica Blue
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I found and activated all radios, and then I tried to do switches. None of them gave a response, and there were 10 of them, so I had no idea if the EE was even working. At the very least, make the hand disappear after I press the button.

In the switch part did you have a hand icon in the switch? If you did that's because you didn't activate all the radios

::)
Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 02:44:46 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Raspica Blue's Groups
::)
Weird. I did find 4 radios, and I got audio coming from all of them.

Loading ...