Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
I did not come to create a map, I came to beat the sh*t out of yours!
x_xMayheMx_x's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Mayhem Here.
    Finally after weeks of hiccups, back orders and incompatible parts my system is finally finished! I am completely new to
custom zombies, even pc gaming at that. But with my love for slaying the undead I knew I had to make this venture! So
pretty much needless to say I will have boat loads of questions that any newbie would have. So I'll go ahead and apologize in advance for any stupid and/or annoying questions I might have. That being said if anybody would like to help out the new guy and show me the ropes, give me tips anything at all.. Greatly appreciated  :D

I will go ahead and get this one out of the way first... How do I set up a controller to use instead of a keyboard? ;D
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Hello  x_xMayheMx_x, and welcome to the UGX community.

First off, go here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=49.0 and download the UGX Map Manager. On the manager you will find some exceptional maps that can help introduce you to the scene. All maps on the manager are tested for bugs and issues, and only when they are found to be for the most part issue free are they intergrated into the manager.

Regarding the controller.... The final patch update for WaW had controller support automatically included, so you should just need to plug a controller in (xbox 360 preferred), but if you have any issues, go to your in-game options and turn on the console. Now, press the ¬ key (button above the tab key) and type in the following...

input default_controller.cfg

Now hit enter and that should be you done. Enjoy... :)
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 1 hour ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Hello  x_xMayheMx_x, and welcome to the UGX community.

First off, go here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=49.0 and download the UGX Map Manager. On the manager you will find some exceptional maps that can help introduce you to the scene. All maps on the manager are tested for bugs and issues, and only when they are found to be for the most part issue free are they intergrated into the manager.

Regarding the controller.... The final patch update for WaW had controller support automatically included, so you should just need to plug a controller in (xbox 360 preferred), but if you have any issues, go to your in-game options and turn on the console. Now, press the ¬ key (button above the tab key) and type in the following...

input default_controller.cfg

Now hit enter and that should be you done. Enjoy... :)

What if I had a pc joystick, can this be used some way ??? :-\
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
What if I had a pc joystick, can this be used some way ??? :-\

It depends on the type but I believe most controllers designed for the PC should work, yes.
Date Registered: 24 August 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
x_xMayheMx_x's Groups
Thanks for the info DBZ! Ill be up and running as soon as i figure out why i keep getting this directx error :fuuu:

Again thanks for the invite to this Site/Forum from the bo2 forums! This is where I need to be!

Double Post Merge: September 25, 2014, 02:24:01 am
If I purchased the game from steam it should automatically come updated correct? Im having some troubles getting it to work. I do prefer the ps controller over xbox, does this work the same? thanks in adv.
Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:24:01 am by x_xMayheMx_x
Date Registered: 18 October 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
eliudjb's Groups
eliudjb's Contact & Social Linkseliudjbeliudjbeliudjb
Thanks for the info DBZ!....

DBZ? Dragon Ball Z  :pffft: Naa, I was joking 8)

And of course, welcome to UGX!  :nyan:
Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 06:14:50 pm by eliudjb
Date Registered: 5 March 2014
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Ununpentium miner
jorgep28's Groups
jorgep28's Contact & Social Linksjorgep28
If I purchased the game from steam it should automatically come updated correct? Im having some troubles getting it to work.
The steam version is the newest, so the problem might be your own pc.

Also, welcome to UGX! the best cz comunnity  8)
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
x_xMayheMx_x's Groups
    I think it might have been the xbox controller I was using.. Went out and bought a logitech cheapo and it is working fine now.

[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Welcome!! Enjoy your stay at UGX Forum and Chat :nyan:

Lukkie1998
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
fatboypro's Groups
fatboypro's Contact & Social Links
welcome to ugx! :D
Date Registered: 7 December 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Bootybig's Groups
Bootybig's Contact & Social Links
    I think it might have been the xbox controller I was using.. Went out and bought a logitech cheapo and it is working fine now.

Would you care to tell me which controller that is? I was planning on using a PS3 controller, but that was too much to go through, so I'm probably going to be using an xbox controller instead.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
x_xMayheMx_x's Groups
Would you care to tell me which controller that is? I was planning on using a PS3 controller, but that was too much to go through, so I'm probably going to be using an xbox controller instead.

A wired Xbox 360 controller is your best bet, I believe when I wrote this I was using a Logitiech F310 though.  I got it from walmart for around $22.00 I believe.

When I switched to the 360 controller (keep in mind i do play ps3 not 360) seemed like response time was ALOT better then when I was using the Logitech

Be very careful downloading any ps3 controller emulators. Most of the ones I tried had a boat load of malware that came with it
Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 03:06:33 pm by x_xMayheMx_x
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Bootybig's Groups
A wired Xbox 360 controller is your best bet, I believe when I wrote this I was using a Logitiech F310 though.  I got it from walmart for around $22.00 I believe.

When I switched to the 360 controller (keep in mind i do play ps3 not 360) seemed like response time was ALOT better then when I was using the Logitech

Be very careful downloading any ps3 controller emulators. Most of the ones I tried had a boat load of malware that came with it
Alright, thank you! Might be picking one up later. And yes, I tried lots of emulators, but they all didn't work for me. Thanks again!
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
x_xMayheMx_x's Groups
Alright, thank you! Might be picking one up later. And yes, I tried lots of emulators, but they all didn't work for me. Thanks again!

Now keep in mind there is a controller command that you have to input in order for the controller to acutally work.
Also look sensitivity has to be changed the same way when using a controller. I'll go ahead and tell you what to do just in case, to save you from any further headaches.

In game, go to options, and find an option that enables console (make sure this is set to yes),exit options. Then Press the tilde key (this ~ is a tilde key) After pressing the tilde key you should now see a bar appear at the top of your game screen that you are able to type in. Now type this exec defaullt_controller.cfg then press enter.

I have my look sensitivity set to 3. I would recommend to play around a bit with the sensitvity until you find one that you like. go ahead and try default first just to see if that is what you like your sensitivity at. Now if you would like to change it type this command after pressing the tilde key again input default_view sensitivity # (press enter when done)  # representing the sensitivity scale from 0-5. So for instance my settings looks like this, input_view sensitivity 3  Hope this helps and let me know if you any problems.  ;)
Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 09:44:18 pm by x_xMayheMx_x
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Bootybig's Groups
Now keep in mind there is a controller command that you have to input in order for the controller to acutally work.
Also look sensitivity has to be changed the same way when using a controller. I'll go ahead and tell you what to do just in case, to save you from any further headaches.

In game, go to options, and find an option that enables console (make sure this is set to yes),exit options. Then Press the tilde key (this ~ is a tilde key) After pressing the tilde key you should now see a bar appear at the top of your game screen that you are able to type in. Now type this exec defaullt_controller.cfg then press enter.

I have my look sensitivity set to 3. I would recommend to play around a bit with the sensitvity until you find one that you like. go ahead and try default first just to see if that is what you like your sensitivity at. Now if you would like to change it type this command after pressing the tilde key again input default_view sensitivity # (press enter when done)  # representing the sensitivity scale from 0-5. So for instance my settings looks like this, input_view sensitivity 3  Hope this helps and let me know if you any problems.  ;)
Lol I'm not that much of a noob  :rainbow:. I know about the commands and option things, but I forget exactly what to input. Glad I have you to refer to! Oh, and I forgot about the sensitivity thing; thanks for reminding me. The commands will be so useful. If I didn't know how to tune the sensitivity, I would suck... But yea thanks for the help. Using a controller will be real easy. One more question, do I just plug up the controller and it's connected? I mean, do I just type in the commands and I'm all set? Or do I have to set up the buttons (like aim = Right click or Y)?

Loading ...