UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

What do you hate most about custom zombies maps?

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by NateTheGreat987
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
To me, the big issue with Soul Chests have always been how people used them. Smack it onto a map, and call it an objective. It's repetetive, and doesn't have much replayability when you always just fill in a few chests.

I think, as always, it's about how you use them. Be creative. I near enough adapted Stuffy's stock ones into the meteor versions in my map with all the fx and whatnot on my own, and I know fuck all about scripting - so if I can do it, anyone can. :P
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,005Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social LinksHarryBo000[email protected]HarryBo21
Shit ported features that they know are shit and they use Iprints saying bull crap like " please wait 1 second before placing next part of it may bug out " or just listing bugs they "couldn't fix"...

If you can't make it work "correctly, take the useless buggy feature out...

As for "fg42" sounds - this user was wrong about my thundergun and prob others... We "replace" the sound not add one "on top" - which isn't even possible in a weapon file alone...
Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 05:45:32 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
To me, the big issue with Soul Chests have always been how people used them. Smack it onto a map, and call it an objective. It's repetetive, and doesn't have much replayability when you always just fill in a few chests.

100% agree Exo. I have to admit Nate, the soul chests were a pretty unique idea, although nothing really like classic WaW zombies. Props to stuffy for implementing something new in the game, but like Exo said, everyone just chucks them in their map just for the heck of it. I think soul chests have to fit the map or setting, but I've played too many maps where I open a door and low and behold it's just an empty room with a soul chest in the center. Just got old of them real fast. It's amazing what people can do to ruin a new feature.
Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 01:17:33 am by Xperience
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Links_Koan_h-rmy website
I hate the fact that beautifully crafted maps get shunned and only played a few times, in favour of bullshit "experimental" maps or "comedy" maps or some shit. Namely, Cheese Cube.

I hate it when people don't understand what creativity is.

I hate the old and outdated engine.

I hate it when people shove prefabs and weapon packs into a folder and upload it. For example: Make box with ZK tuts, add harry's perks and other ports, add rorke's guns, add stuffy's soul chests, give it shit name and call it a day.

I absolutely fucking despise it when people pay more attention to the guns than to anything else and dismiss an entire mapper's work because of one single adequate-but-not-immaculate weapon port.
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Zombie counters (especially ones that try to be 'funny' e.g. 'Scrubs remaining - 5')
Tacky 'custom' huds
Reskinned stock zombies (e.g. WAW Nazi zombies retextured with blue and red pyjamas so they look like Superman or w/e)
'Custom' WAW guns (e.g. Kar98's that shoot Raygun bullets and renamed to the 'Spiderbite Cannon' covered in a cheese camo)
Stock guns
WAW QR
Poorly ported guns
Mark 2's that have splash damage and/or no penetration
WAW sprints
WAW stock vision

I could go on. :P

Edit: Buyable endings

Agreed.

Exofile maps :troll:
Hitman maps :please:
Zombie counters
Bitch, I will fuck you up.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Agreed.
Bitch, I will fuck you up.

The 'Exofile maps' was in relation to the comments immediately preceding it, Exo knows I love him really. :cute:

I stand by the other 2 though. :accepted:
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
I absolutely fucking despise it when people pay more attention to the guns than to anything else and dismiss an entire mapper's work because of one single adequate-but-not-immaculate weapon port.

"Das Herrenhaus: 9/10 Detail" Seems the weapons were too stock. :troll:
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
I hate poorly designed maps that lead to you into rooms with dead ends.
Or when a mapper puts a hidden trigger somewhere to open a door, and u have to walk around all the walls until you get a trigger symbol or hintstring.
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social LinksTimSmithtimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17My clan Website
Hate? Here goes nothing :
- no solo revive.
- waw movement.
- waw guns .
- bad ported models/guns etc...
- no fov slider/changer.
- bad lighting.
- bad scripting.
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksITS-CS117Conn6orsuper117
-Constant low/no ammo quote spamming:
"Low AMMO Better get me some ammo Shit no ammo sh!t no ammo Low Ammo Need some more ammo better get me some ammo Sh!t No-"
YES DEMPSEY WE GET IT!!!!

-The BO1 AK47 (The whole ammo isnt enough for even 1 zombie)

-FG42 Sounds on all guns

-Bugs that mappers choose to be in game

-Semtex and Equipment in the box (Mostly on UGX 1.1)

-Der Riese Quotes on every map downloaded (not really a pet peeve, but would like to hear Dempsey say different quotes other than Der Riese
Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:09:40 am by conn6orsuper117
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,005Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social LinksHarryBo000[email protected]HarryBo21
-FG42 Sounds on all guns
This never happened... you "assumed" i had this with my thundergun, coz you stated i "overwrote" the fg42 and alleged that everyone does this - i did not, i used the bo1 weapon file ( which i would guess everyone does as its literally right there to grab ) so if anything there would have been "no sound at all", despite this "the fire sound" was the thundergun - again no connection to a fg, and the only way for that to even happen would be for me to go out of my way to "add" the fg sound "into" the thunderguns sound via audacity or secondary aliases, the FG was never involved and the sounds are "not" done via script - even after we said this you were still convinced, and i suspect wasnt in any other case your referring to...
Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:58:18 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
I hate custom maps that have any kind of issue in them, whether it is a mapping, scripting or porting issue because they usually lead to people making "What do you hate most about custom zombies maps?" threads that then end up turning into argument threads because people don't know how to be civil about things.

Damn you mappers/scripters/porters and your shoddy work!
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksITS-CS117Conn6orsuper117
This never happened... you "assumed" i had this with my thundergun, coz you stated i "overwrote" the fg42 and alleged that everyone does this - i did not, i used the bo1 weapon file ( which i would guess everyone does as its literally right there to grab ) so if anything there would have been "no sound at all", despite this "the fire sound" was the thundergun - again no connection to a fg, and the only way for that to even happen would be for me to go out of my way to "add" the fg sound "into" the thunderguns sound via audacity or secondary aliases, the FG was never involved and the sounds are "not" done via script - even after we said this you were still convinced, and i suspect wasnt in any other case your referring to...

look Harry, You're not the only guy who I reported hearing FG42 sounds on guns, its in multiple maps, 6 feet under, Lockdown and even some weapons in the UGX Mod 1.0
Date Registered: 25 October 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I miss her
Signature

Maps:

Too many canceled ones to count

Leningrad BO3

Something else
NINJAMAN829's Groups
NINJAMAN829's Contact & Social LinksDANINJAGAMERNINJAMAN829NINJAMAN829xg
I hate custom maps that have any kind of issue in them, whether it is a mapping, scripting or porting issue because they usually lead to people making "What do you hate most about custom zombies maps?" threads that then end up turning into argument threads because people don't know how to be civil about things.

Damn you mappers/scripters/porters and your shoddy work!

+1
Date Registered: 2 December 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Khedryn's Groups
Khedryn's Contact & Social Links

The playing a new map first few handfuls of times shooting every little odd and end that you would think is or isn't a easter egg. (Not Hate though, Tedious exploration of awesomeness!.)

Loading ...