UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

So if BO3 magically had mod tools would everyone switch over to BO3 map making?

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by SoulTaker
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
Just wondering? Also what would eventually happen to the UGX mod 1.1 would the team just move on and never release it I imagine they wouldn't just stop I mean they put so much time and effort into it.
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Good point. This is true for all maps really. Would you stop working on WaW immediately or would you finish your map first. I would personally take the ladder,  but that's just me. Or, maybe you could move your map to BO3 mod tools seeing as that it will prob use radiant.

BO3 will really change the way Custom Maps are made. Think about it. Most of the features that people work to include in their maps are things that were in bo1 and bo2 but not waw. EX: Perks, gameplay modifications, weapons, sounds, models. If all those things are already included in BO3, then what will be left to script? I can't wait for the day when people start saying, "I'm so sick of boring old BO3 textures, models, and weapons. Where's the innovation? "  :D
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
Good point. This is true for all maps really. Would you stop working on WaW immediately or would you finish your map first. I would personally take the ladder,  but that's just me. Or, maybe you could move your map to BO3 mod tools seeing as that it will prob use radiant.

BO3 will really change the way Custom Maps are made. Think about it. Most of the features that people work to include in their maps are things that were in bo1 and bo2 but not waw. EX: Perks, gameplay modifications, weapons, sounds, models. If all those things are already included in BO3, then what will be left to script? I can't wait for the day when people start saying, "I'm so sick of boring old BO3 textures, models, and weapons. Where's the innovation? "  :D
Right would be so awesome to finally have a functioning DW weapon system as well!
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
If there are going Mod Tools, they better not be this in-game, so easy a kid can do it with no effort kinda level editor with no way to add extra stuff to the game etc, myself would take what WaW has over that anyday, as at least we have the ability to add to WaW.

I would probably finish my maps first though, even if everyone else has moved, games don't just die because a new one comes out, Mod support does that, look a Counter Strike for example, people are still rocking that shit and CSS, CS:GO, etc. are out now, even CSS iirc has mostly the same support for modding, custom maps, weapons, etc. if not more than CS 1.6, but people still play it.

I wouldn't just drop everything and move. I would wait until I have any current projects finished. There also many people who will not be able to run BO3, keep that in mind, WaW isn't exactly demanding, while bigger maps struggle such as Leviathan is your machine isn't good it's still possible to have a decent experience, but anyone with a PC like that is probably going to stay with WaW for the moment until an upgrade comes leaving many players still at WaW.
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
Yeah my laptop wouldnt run BO3, but it runs WaW good enough, with the exception of maps like Leviathan which ive never really played. When i get some money coming in, a gaming PC will be the next step
Date Registered: 1 February 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
xdddd
Signature
ZombieSlayer5778's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
ZombieSlayer5778's Contact & Social Links76561198200039562JSgaming
Unfortunately, I only have 16 GB of space left on my PC, so BO 3 wouldn't work. If AW was 55 GB of space, BO 3 would have to at least that, if not more.  :'(
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
Delete AW, Problem Solved
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 3 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
There also many people who will not be able to run BO3, keep that in mind, WaW isn't exactly demanding, while bigger maps struggle such as Leviathan is your machine isn't good it's still possible to have a decent experience, but anyone with a PC like that is probably going to stay with WaW for the moment until an upgrade comes leaving many players still at WaW.
Agreed with this, even my pc now couldn't run bo2, so how would bo3 be :( ?
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
you guys really need an upgrade if you cant even "run" todays games

even my pc can and its no beast
OnionmanVere Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.

Well looking at the requirements for the game it's not really hard to fathom that some people won't be able to run it due to the cost to upgrade their systems when they have other financial issues to worry about.
Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:46:56 pm by Scobalula
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
how it would be my life if i make cube maps for bo3?

Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Well looking at the requirements for the game it's not really hard to fathom that some people won't be able to run it due to the cost to upgrade their systems when they have other financial issues to worry about.
I disagree

Im not exactly rich, I have one. And it didnt cost much

Just a regular pc from a shop with a gpu upgrade

im not saying "new game comes out go blow thousands on a new pc"

Im saying if your pc cannot even start the games of today, then your system is out of date.

Mine wont run it on top settings, but will at least run it. And we "all" have financial concerns, like the £2000 i just had to spend on vet bills

just means "save up" for a while

nothing in life is cheap
Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:16:27 pm by Harry Bo21
OnionmanVere Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
I disagree

Im not exactly rich, I have one. And it didnt cost much

Just a regular pc from a shop with a gpu upgrade

im not saying "new game comes out go blow thousands on a new pc"

Im saying if your pc cannot even start the games of today, then your system is out of date.

Mine wont run it on top settings, but will at least run it. And we "all" have financial concerns, like the £2000 i just had to spend on vet bills

just means "save up" for a while

nothing in life is cheap

I'm not also implying that a new PC or upgrading is going to cost thousands, for many $500, heck even $300-400 is a lot, especially when money is an issue for a lot of people, we can't say that because we can afford it and be able to save up, we don't know everyone's income, you don't know their situation, you can't simply come out with this and say everyone is able to upgrade, end of, it's simply not true.

I'm sure I'll be worrying about that new upgrade to my PC when my electricity bill needs to be payed, did I mention I also have to buy food, clothes, etc? Nope, I didn't, did I mention I haven't got much left over at the end of the month? Nope, did I mention that little left over is used on necessities? Nope.
Date Registered: 1 February 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
xdddd
ZombieSlayer5778's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
ZombieSlayer5778's Contact & Social Links76561198200039562JSgaming

It isn't about how well it runs, it is about space on my pc. I can run max fps on all my games, but I only have 150 GBs of space, which is cluttered mostly with a bunch of windows shit  :(
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I'm not also implying that a new PC or upgrading is going to cost thousands, for many $500, heck even $300-400 is a lot, especially when money is an issue for a lot of people, we can't say that because we can afford it and be able to save up, we don't know everyone's income, you don't know their situation, you can't simply come out with this and say everyone is able to upgrade, end of, it's simply not true.

I'm sure I'll be worrying about that new upgrade to my PC when my electricity bill needs to be payed, did I mention I also have to buy food, clothes, etc? Nope, I didn't, did I mention I haven't got much left over at the end of the month? Nope, did I mention that little left over is used on necessities? Nope.
Did i say that?

no

I said if you cant afford it, then like every other person on the planet, you need to SAVE UP

just like i did, ALONGSIDE my debts and responsibilities

took me a year to save for my xbone

why must you always argue
Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:35:59 pm by Harry Bo21

Loading ...