UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Detailed test map? What are your opinions on the topic?

POLL
broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by Fracture Studios

Poll

Question: Should we make a detailed test map for the community?

YES
Maybe if you have time
NO
Date Registered: 19 May 2014
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Please read everything below before replying or voting on the poll, Thank you!

Us as Fracture Studios know that people love a good looking map with lots of detail. After seeing most of feature tests for upcoming maps we have noticed in videos and pictures that they are bland and boring, with almost no variety. Dull walls and a boring floor, while it may not seem apparent but putting your features in a good looking map makes the most of differences (rather than having it in the boring default test map). So we were thinking about making a test map that is medium sized with quiet a bit of detail to make your features look better in pictures and videos without having to put it into your map and compiling it. While we have not decided on whether or not we actually want to do this we wanted to see what the community's thoughts were.  Please vote in the poll above on whether or not we should do this and all reply's to this post will be read and taken into consideration. Thanks everyone in the zombie community!

-FS
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
This user is deleted :(
a test map isnt supposed to look good, it is ment to test stuff on :)
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
a test map isnt supposed to look good, it is ment to test stuff on :)
EXACTLY THANK YOU!
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
thats y no one wastes time on them
Date Registered: 5 March 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Ununpentium miner
jorgep28's Groups
jorgep28's Contact & Social Linksjorgep28
Being honest, I dont think you guys should waste time in something like that. a square shitty box is enought to test features. just my opinion.
Date Registered: 24 September 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Letting Zombies eat my brains since 82
Signature
Zombiejelly's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
I think its a great idea if you all are going to put a variety of examples in the map.
Date Registered: 21 March 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
Why would anyone spend time detailing a test map? I don't need detail to test if a script works.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Why would anyone spend time detailing a test map? I don't need detail to test if a script works.

For lulz. I dont know, Id rather see more than just one feature and a wall in update vids, if people do those
UM Member, Mapper and 3d Modeler
Date Registered: 8 February 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Port Arthur
Signature
pashan's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Many people would not use it, Because it is a "test" map. Also it would take longer to compile. What if people are constantly adding and deleting kvps for whatever they are testing?
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
If you do this then instead of sniperbolt box map copies we will have fracture studios testmap copies. The goal is to not get copies of any map, not to have the copies look better. So unfortunately I do not see this as a solution and have voted no. What would be useful is a test map that correctly demoed all _zombiemode features but you would need to pair with a working script placer in order to make sure all of the features work.

We will release our own "test map" which is a simple box that demos all of the UGX prefabs etc so that people know how to use them but I do not think we will bother making it a detailed map for the reason I stated above.
Date Registered: 6 August 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
More
Signature
Projects:
Unnamed Project: 5%
Mutliple Downloadable Items for Mappers: (Released after map releases)
GerardS0406's Groups
GerardS0406's Contact & Social LinksGerardS0406Gerard0406GerardS0406MrGerard0406
If you do this then instead of sniperbolt box map copies we will have fracture studios testmap copies. The goal is to not get copies of any map, not to have the copies look better. So unfortunately I do not see this as a solution and have voted no. What would be useful is a test map that correctly demoed all _zombiemode features but you would need to pair with a working script placer in order to make sure all of the features work.

We will release our own "test map" which is a simple box that demos all of the UGX prefabs etc so that people know how to use them but I do not think we will bother making it a detailed map for the reason I stated above.
Agreed!
Date Registered: 19 May 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More

So after looking at the votes and reading the reply's we have made our decision of not doing this mostly for the fact that people dont want us wasting our time. So this post will be going down in the next couple of days but we definitely appreciate all of the feed back.
Thanks again
-FS

Loading ...