The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Yeah, just heard about this and I don't even know what to think. So, I decided that I just won't think about it at all.

The post was so vague... it implies a definite confirmation of custom MP maps and modes... but that could literally mean a fucking Halo forge, lol. No mention of zombies in the post either.

I cannot bring myself to get hyped -- if this turns out to be some sort of sick fucking joke, and the tools are just basic map/mode editors or MP only, I would have a total mental breakdown. I reserve enthusiasm until they're actually out.

And my God, it would be an absolutely astronomical shift for the community. Astronomical. I'd wager it would bring custom zombies to the forefront of gaming culture, rivaling Skyrim/Fallout mods on the Nexus. IDK how many current members could run the game, but I think, again, that we'd get a lot of new blood anyway.

That's all I can possible even think right now. Fingers crossed for the best.
With how much their sales fucking SKYROCKETED in 1 day on PC after the mod tools were announced, I don't think they'll try pulling out this time. Forge mode would be possible, but, once again, the community will not accept anything less than full mod support this time around. For PC, they're laying all their cards on the table and any underhand moves will result with them being kicked from the table forever. They still got consoles, but I don't think they're PC market would ever recover after this because it's just a huge promise that, if failed, would undermine people's faith in the developer and god knows we have a lot of faith in Treyarch. Also, IMO, they need the community to get some of their ideas. A couple crazy things pop up now and then that I'm sure they see somehow and they build on it. I personally feel like they've run out of ideas and this is just them getting a little help (The functionality of Widow's Wine is a testament to how low they've run on ideas).
broken avatar :(
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Yeah, just heard about this and I don't even know what to think. So, I decided that I just won't think about it at all.

The post was so vague... it implies a definite confirmation of custom MP maps and modes... but that could literally mean a fucking Halo forge, lol. No mention of zombies in the post either.

I cannot bring myself to get hyped -- if this turns out to be some sort of sick fucking joke, and the tools are just basic map/mode editors or MP only, I would have a total mental breakdown. I reserve enthusiasm until they're actually out.

And my God, it would be an absolutely astronomical shift for the community. Astronomical. I'd wager it would bring custom zombies to the forefront of gaming culture, rivaling Skyrim/Fallout mods on the Nexus. IDK how many current members could run the game, but I think, again, that we'd get a lot of new blood anyway.

That's all I can possible even think right now. Fingers crossed for the best.

Treyarch knows that the zombie community is as popular, or more popular, then their MP community so it would be stupid to only have the mod tools for MP and not for zombies.

Also with how many people switched their preorders from consoles to PC as soon as mod tools were announced, if they try and back out now, they will lose the PC community entirely. I for one, would lose all respect for treyarch and will stop buying their products altogether, and i'm sure I am not alone in that situation.
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
Treyarch knows that the zombie community is as popular, or more popular, then their MP community so it would be stupid to only have the mod tools for MP and not for zombies.

Also with how many people switched their preorders from consoles to PC as soon as mod tools were announced, if they try and back out now, they will lose the PC community entirely. I for one, would lose all respect for treyarch and will stop buying their products altogether, and i'm sure I am not alone in that situation.

I'm with you on this one the thing that sucks is that the mod tools for BO1 are still in "Beta" stage as Radiant was never released so it makes me wonder if this time around they'll back out and not release Radiant or a piss poor version of it to try to make us happy.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I'm with you on this one the thing that sucks is that the mod tools for BO1 are still in "Beta" stage as Radiant was never released so it makes me wonder if this time around they'll back out and not release Radiant or a piss poor version of it to try to make us happy.
to be fair to them, with BO1, they actually said there would be no map support. This time, they havent explicitly stated either way
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
to be fair to them, with BO1, they actually said there would be no map support. This time, they havent explicitly stated either way
The post quite explicitly states there will be mapping tools though. Otherwise I would have been cynical that they would pull another 'BO1' too.

Modding & Mapping Tools Coming to Black Ops 3 PC in 2016

We’ve been listening to one of your top requests and are excited to announce that modding and mapping are coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 PC!

You will be able to create Maps & Game Modes and more!

Seems pretty unambiguous to me?
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
The post quite explicitly states there will be mapping tools though. Otherwise I would have been cynical that they would pull another 'BO1' too.

Seems pretty unambiguous to me?
well in that case i think theres no question
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Signature
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links
im still upset that they did it :'( bo3 engine isnt worth box maps as well as throwing all my hard work under the bus... i mean seriously, how am i supposed to beat limits i cant even reach?
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 3 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
im still upset that they did it :'( bo3 engine isnt worth box maps as well as throwing all my hard work under the bus... i mean seriously, how am i supposed to beat limits i cant even reach?
Date Registered: 17 July 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
- It was a clear black night, a clear white moon -
Signature
<3

AnimalLover

Aranda
Aldenrade
Christmas

<3

animallover's Groups
Why is everyone mad about this? I'm super hyped for this even if you cant add this or that at least we have something.. along side some world at war maps I think this is great news.. And I give all my support to the team for even thinking about the community and giving it a go
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Why is everyone mad about this? I'm super hyped for this even if you cant add this or that at least we have something.. along side some world at war maps I think this is great news.. And I give all my support to the team for even thinking about the community and giving it a go
It's not 'everyone', it's a few whiners, whining for the sake of whining, what's new? ::)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
animallover's Groups
It's not 'everyone', it's a few whiners, whining for the sake of whining, what's new? ::)

yep totally agree aha  ;D
Date Registered: 2 September 2013
Last active: 4 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Signature
"My maps might not be the best looking, or the most hyped, but I still release them in hopes that they can make others somewhat happy"

- Ping
Ping998's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Ping998's Contact & Social LinksPing998Ping998ZPing998CreepersAreAwesome
Personally I agree that Treyarch have seen what the community can do and are releasing it to unnecessarily expand the lifespan of BO3.

Why?

They've seen how an 8 year old game (WaW) is still selling and a significant rate compared to their other games, so, if they decide to release mod/mapping tools, they will release it in full to gain more money in the long term.  ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
animallover's Groups
Personally I agree that Treyarch have seen what the community can do and are releasing it to unnecessarily expand the lifespan of BO3.

Why?

They've seen how an 8 year old game (WaW) is still selling and a significant rate compared to their other games, so, if they decide to release mod/mapping tools, they will release it in full to gain more money in the long term.  ;)

Yes! End of the day they are a company trying to make money.. and after so many years of world at war and the maps that still get uploaded.. the sales it gets on steam, the gameplays put up on youtube.. i really dont see why they shouldnt work for it.. pushing the game has now a 3 year production timeline it means they might of had the time to make the mod tools right this time..my personal thoughts
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:41:17 pm by animallover
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links

Why?

activision realized that pc sales were going down, and saw that custom zombies was growing... so they saw an opportunity to get $60 per game instead of $20. it has little if nothing to do with quality on an old engine. they only saw $ in it and saw competition with fallout 4. this is my theory, either way im going to have to buy a new computer for this just so i can run bo3 without black screen... cough cough aw
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:57:18 pm by liamsa669
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
animallover's Groups
activision realized that pc sales were going down, and saw that custom zombies was growing... so they saw an opportunity to get $60 per game instead of $20

And if they do this well and it all works out black ops 3 will live on for a very long time.. Years! Also is great news for this website.. means custom zombies can live on and wont die..  ::)

Loading ...