UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Thinking about changing case for more cooling.

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by MakeCents
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
This is my pc:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=83-220-445R&turntoqid=T0MBa04Z&turntosuid=SEYGaE8XYw&sourceId=1&iqrlId=9711161&turntosku=N82E16883220445R&turntoflow=answer#turntodone

I also swapped out the 300 for a 500w power supply.

I was thinking of getting this case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353027

I know shit about this stuff. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it necessary? Will I have any problems getting my pc in this? Is this a decent case. I don't want to spend more than that, it's actually over what I want to spend. I was thinking of just buying a few fans and cutting out the front of my pc, putting two there, and putting one on the side. But I like the filter features and the underneath cooling of this one.

How do these fans compare to normal ones?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835856026

Edit: I think I decided to get fans for the front of mine and cut out or remove the lower section. I haven't taken this case apart in a while to see if there are mounts for fans up there or not.
Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:49:35 pm by MakeCents
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
So do you want to get completely new components or do you just want to move your existing build into a new case?

If you buy a midi-tower or even a tower case you shouldn't have any problems with the space if you intend to move your build.

I'm a fan of the NZXT cases as they look very awesome yet they are kinda expensive and the quality is lower than you'd expect if you pay that much (nothing really notable as long as it's closed though).

I'm thinking about buying this one:

https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/154-n450-noctis-gaming-mid-tower.html

That's the one I currently own:

https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/95-phantom-410-mid-tower-case.html

However, they're both around 120$ :poker:

On second place of my personal favorites there's the Shinobi cases, they have a more simple look but are beautiful in their own way. Also they cost about half as much:

for about 60-80$

I don't have much experience with smaller cases though but they are usually even less expensive.

If you really like the one you linked though I'd suggest you stick with that one. it's usually best to get the one you personally like the most. It should be big enough for your build too.
Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 04:54:46 pm by Alerion
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Thank you so much!
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
I just noticed the fan you linked, that one's for a cpu. I wouldn't recommend putting that one anywhere else on a pc..
If you buy a new case there normally are 1-3 pretty good fans included, you can normally stock up with the ones you had on your old machine.

Normally 2-3 are enough to cool your build so I'd choose the ones making the least noise and avoid unnecessary coolers on your case and therefore unnecessary noise.

If you do want better cooling on your cpu though you could either buy some liquid cooling (I'd recommend at least a midi-tower for that) which should be around 70$ or a better fan than the stock ones (if you don't have one already) which are normally about 30-60$ depending on cooling power and noise.
Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:15:18 pm by Alerion
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
IHammY/'s Groups
When going for a cooler cpu id recommend a pre filled liquid cooling solution. Installs just like a normal cpu cooler but its way more effective and the fans actually cooling the liquid also cool your case ;) So a new case isnt really necessary
Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:30:07 pm by IHammY/
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 9 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Damn Alerion, wtf, those cases are so awesome. :rainbow:

I have this case. I bought it not a very long ago, for a decent price. And I have no more than 2 fans, which I feel are pretty enough though. I don't know wether I'd suggest this to you, but, because I've seen it like 100 times at all places were I live, so it must have some good reputation. But if you have some good budget, then I say go for Alerion's, it probably is the best suggestion.

I even like the size of the case, it's pretty good for it's performance, and not bulky.

Suggestion: From my experience, I'd say, buy a branded case, were everything is packed up and ready, because that would be more guranteed, since everything would be compatible to each other.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
I'd say, buy a branded case, were everything is packed up and ready, because that would be more guranteed, since everything would be compatible to each other.

No.
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 9 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
No.
Well lol, this depends on the providers/sellers, and what do they give you. Almost all sellers I encountered are bastards, and want to cheat on me in a way or another, so I shut them up by getting a sealed full package.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
IHammY/'s Groups
Guys doesnt even matter he doesnt need a new case for better cooling wtf?!
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Thank you to everyone for their suggestions. I will start by taking my side off and seeing if I can get some fans installed up front. If I make any progress on modding mine, I'll post picks, or which ever case I go with.

Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
IHammY/'s Groups
Also for fans: im pretty sure whatever person you ask that knows his (or her) shit will tell you that nocuta fans are the best :D
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Also for fans: im pretty sure whatever person you ask that knows his (or her) shit will tell you that nocuta fans are the best :D

Appreciate it.  :D
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Guys doesnt even matter he doesnt need a new case for better cooling wtf?!

Agreed. No point in spending money in a better case or fans if you don't even need it.

Download speedfan and take a screenshot while on the desktop and right after a really intensive game.

Edit: screenshot of the temps in speedfan.
Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:36:26 pm by daedra descent
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Unannounced Map
40%
DarkWhiss's Groups
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
Well, when it comes down to cases its about airflow. If you want air to pass through the case then get a case that has holes or ventilation around the case. And add the fans to the necessary places to help blow the air through it.

So again, if you want fresh air going through your PC then get a case that's more open. Otherwise if you have a more closed case fans can do the job as long as it isn't warm air from the components within the case.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
So I found this case and it was really tempting.
http://www.amazon.com/Nanoxia-Silence-Micro-ATX-Motherboard-Controllers/dp/B00DSFEQKY/ref=sr_1_23/182-1161922-2216165?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1442581869&sr=1-23&keywords=200mm+fan+filter

But I think I will just add one more fan and cut out the front of my pc. There is a mount for one but no fan there or vent. I got this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L64NSL2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Which is 60 bucks cheaper. I also will get filter to mount after I cut out the hole in the face. I looked into the nocuta, and yeah, they prob are the best, lol, for that price. Maybe I'll as for the case from Christmas from the wife...

Loading ...