My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
Hi, i just wanted to see who else is playing bo3 on a laptop, as it seems most people are running it on a high end desktop, saying that laptops are not good enough :P
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Hi, i just wanted to see who else is playing bo3 on a laptop, as it seems most people are running it on a high end desktop, saying that laptops are not good enough :P

I'm sure that a lot of laptops could run bo3, but they are much more expensive then desktops especially if you want to run it at high settings. Which is why most serious pc gamers have desktops.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
If you can handle it at 480p resolution, sure, you can play on a laptop :D
Date Registered: 11 March 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Signature
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
buttkicker845's Groups
buttkicker845's Contact & Social Links
If you can handle it at 480p resolution, sure, you can play on a laptop :D
i play it on high settings at 1080p on my laptop :D
Date Registered: 27 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
adfgdagasdf2's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
adfgdagasdf2's Contact & Social Links
I got a Lenovo Y50 with a NVIDIA 860M (16GB RAM, Intel i7), and I have everything on max (90% render, 1080p) with 60FPS and little to no drops (Except Shadows of Evil and that confounded drop between Junction and Waterfont :c)

All in all, laptops get the job done pretty well, and the game still looks nice. I mean, unless you're going for 4K resolution on 200% render at max settings, there's no reason to go ham on a good desktop.

Mine cost me $1500 because it's 100% SSD, but they normally go for about $850, the same as any mid-range desktop with the same performance. We're still PC users, Desktopians, we're not ashamed of our specs :yeah:
Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:27:19 pm by PSNtoonjuice
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I got a Lenovo Y50 with a NVIDIA 860M (16GB RAM, Intel i7), and I have everything on max (90% render, 1080p) with 60FPS and little to no drops (Except Shadows of Evil and that confounded drop between Junction and Waterfont :c)

All in all, laptops get the job done pretty well, and the game still looks nice. I mean, unless you're going for 4K resolution on 200% render at max settings, there's no reason to go ham on a good desktop.

Mine cost me $1500 because it's 100% SSD, but they normally go for about $850, the same as any mid-range desktop with the same performance. We're still PC users, Desktopians, we're not ashamed of our specs :yeah:

i just got a new one with a 970m, it runs fine at 1080p on high settings, but as soon as i put on dynamic shadows or textures on extra i start to drop frames to about 50% of what it was for some reason
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
i just got a new one with a 970m, it runs fine at 1080p on high settings, but as soon as i put on dynamic shadows or textures on extra i start to drop frames to about 50% of what it was for some reason

Sounds like it's maxing out the amount of VRAM the card actually has.
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Sounds like it's maxing out the amount of VRAM the card actually has.

oh ok thanks, its only a 3gb card, and the 6gb card was £80 more, but the forums said that the gpu would bottleneck before the vram did
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
oh ok thanks, its only a 3gb card, and the 6gb card was £80 more, but the forums said that the gpu would bottleneck before the vram did

Yeah BO3 is very demanding on VRAM.  I have a 960 with only 2 GB of VRAM and it doesn't even give me the option to turn texture resolution up past medium lol. Doesn't really bother me though, I have most of the other setting up the whole way besides the fancy lighting settings.
Date Registered: 1 February 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Newbie in IT, only wanted to do film.
Signature
"When in doubt, go flat out"
sampoltex's Groups
sampoltex's Contact & Social Links@RoyalFranzYTNFSVocaloid007
not on a Dell, it would literally be a nightmare lol
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet

Well, hardly any other game that I know of even uses as much VRAM as BO3 does. Like really, the textures(even on high) look like complete crap yet it consumes 3+ GB of VRAM and like 6+ System RAM.

In other demanding games(Like BF4) 3GB would be enough.
Date Registered: 27 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
a231's Groups
a231's Contact & Social Links
I have an asus F550L and i can (kinda) play BO3 with it but it is slow everything with everything at low :/ they should optimize the game for older GPUs as well.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Yeah BO3 is very demanding on VRAM.  I have a 960 with only 2 GB of VRAM and it doesn't even give me the option to turn texture resolution up past medium lol. Doesn't really bother me though, I have most of the other setting up the whole way besides the fancy lighting settings.
can get those options back, just have to change one thing in your config
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
can get those options back, just have to change one thing in your config

Can confirm this works, got my texture resolution up to High since Medium looks like crap with no negative effects on my 570. You won't get banned for doing this also, in case you're worried.

I have an asus F550L and i can (kinda) play BO3 with it but it is slow everything with everything at low :/ they should optimize the game for older GPUs as well.

I don't really agree, while I do agree it's a bit sluggish on even some decent mid-range GPUs and even on my 570 at times which can run other games like Far Cry 3, etc. fine which imo look 1000 times better, you can't expect a company to take into consideration the, let's say, 9800 GTX release ages back for the GT 730.

Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Can confirm this works, got my texture resolution up to High since Medium looks like crap with no negative effects on my 570. You won't get banned for doing this also, in case you're worried.

I don't really agree, while I do agree it's a bit sluggish on even some decent mid-range GPUs and even on my 570 at times which can run other games like Far Cry 3, etc. fine which imo look 1000 times better, you can't expect a company to take into consideration the, let's say, 9800 GTX release ages back for the GT 730.
or for it to even be possible, people forget this is a "next gen game" - therefore needs "next gen hardware"

cant just optimize the game till it works, the "hardware" you guys use has "limits"

i mean crap half the guys around here trying too play it on high settings, are the same people that struggle running waw - a 8 year old game - at medium settings...
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 10:09:07 am by Harry Bo21

Loading ...