How to use:
1) Select your map from the dropdown list.
2) Browse for each file that needs to be moved. In my case, I have to move 6.
3) If necessary, tell the app to rename one or more of the files on Copy by clicking the item from the list and changing it's name in the Rename textbox. In my case, I have to rename one of my mod.ff's to localized_common.ff.
NOTE: If you are renaming your map's mod.ff for UGX Mod, make sure the mod.ff rename is first on your list!
4) When you have finished building your list of actions, press Move. If the files were successfully moved, it will show a timestamp in the titlebar of the window. Keep the program open in the background while you work so that you can just keep clicking Move to keep yourself updated.
Here's my scenario (which is why I bothered to make this):
To compile UGX Comosea for a test or release build, I have to compile 4 separate mods: ugx_comosea, ugx_mod, ugxm_guns, and ugxm_customize_room. Once I compile those 4 mods, I have to merge them all into ugx_comosea's folder (some of the file copies need to be renamed as well, which this program supports). That's where this program comes in handy. Instead of having to navigate to each folder and copy the files in sets, I can just specify what files I need to move, and then click the Move Project button to merge them to the main project folder (ugx_comosea).
So hopefully someone else will find this program useful outside of UGX - I know Zombie City is compiled in a similar way - maybe there's someone else out there who's cool enough to be compiling multiple mods for the same project. If so, here's a present from me to you.
- 1.2 - Aidan re-coded the app because I lost the Visual Studio source files for the application and was too busy making the installation tutorial series to remake the app. He added a nice Save/Open feature so that you can switch between projects.
- 1.1 - Fixed file-naming bug which named files a combination of the entire list of files. (ex. a file named localized_common.ffugx_mod.ffugx_mod.iwd)