Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Hello guys, welcome to the first devlog for UGX Mod v1.1 for the week of 2/28/2014

This topic was posted in the donor's section on 2/28/2014, giving them exclusive early access to information on UGX Mod v1.1 progress. Now that it has been in the Donor's section of the forum for over a month I think it is time to start moving these topics to the public section of the forum one at a time so that people are aware of the progress being made.

I was going to post some sort of update on progress where I generalized the changes we've made but then it occurred to me... why not just give them the actual changelog? The reason I chose to call it a Devlog was because not only is it a changelog but a development log. Sometimes I may comment on things outside of the changelog that we are working on or have in mind.

There won't be very many of these since the release of UGX Mod v1.1 is not far away, but I intend to continue the format during beta testing and for any updates we make after release.

So without any further ado, let's get to the changelog for the week:
  • Fixed a bug with the MP5K sprinting animation
  • Added Hitmarkers which make noise when your shots hit a zombie and make a ping when you hit their head
  • Tweaked the texture of the Elemental Machine to look more interesting and retro.
  • Fixed a bug where you could put unpapped weapons into the Elemental Machine.
  • Fixed a major bug which caused shell ejection and muzzleflash effects to be delayed by network latency on clients.
  • Fixed a HUD alignment issue with the ++ recent score hud and the player scores for clients.
  • Fixed an issue where the mini score numbers for Chaos Mode were showing in other gamemodes.
  • Added major persistent settings feature setting which not only save for your next session but carry over into other UGX Mod v1.1 maps you download
  • Added UGX User Settings menu which has options for FOV, Hitmarkers, and Xbox 360 controller support.
  • Added Xbox 360 controller support to main menu of the mod, the Jukebox menu (will release an update to the jukebox source later), Traps Machine menu, and trembank menu.
  • Fixed a bug where players would be forced to load Semper Fi (mak) when allowing their server to return to the lobby before starting a new game.
  • Fixed "Script Command Overflow" engine exception on clients when restarting the server from the pause menu.
  • Fixed a bug where the game-over display of your Chaos Mode time would never be larger than 1 minute 60 seconds.
  • Fixed some errors with the Hyena Infra-dead in developer mode.
  • Added some new sniper and assault rifles to the mod which have replaced similarly-classed guns from CoD4.
  • Added real Ray Gun Mark II, M11927, and XM8 animations from their respective games

I'm going to try to get a video of the Traps Machine ready for you guys but I'm having a hell of a time with Sony Vegas not rendering the videos properly so if I don't get that solved the video will be delayed.

If you guys have any questions or clarifications on any of the changes listed here please feel free to ask. The worst I could respond with is "that's classified"  :troll:
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
  • Added some new sniper and assault rifles to the mod which have replaced similarly-classed guns from CoD4.
  • Added real Ray Gun Mark II, M11927, and XM8 animations from their respective games
Dun dun duuuuuun
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXH811uQXvQ&list=UU9bcAfn8RAeQ7mgzx81w5Tg&feature=c4-overview

this weapons keep in the mod?

i wanna ask this before but i never do it :)
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXH811uQXvQ&list=UU9bcAfn8RAeQ7mgzx81w5Tg&feature=c4-overview

this weapons keep in the mod?

i wanna ask this before but i never do it :)
Yes, those are still in the mod currently. I still worry that the Head Hunter might be OP so we will need to do some targeted testing on that but they are still here :)

The head hunter was migrated from the cod4 mp5 (removed) to the bo1 mp5k that we currently use.
The gravity bomb is still on the R700 (removed soon) but will be migrated to a new sniper rifle.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
The gravity bomb is still on the R700 (removed soon) but will be migrated to a new sniper rifle.
the new gun, "that's classified"?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
the new gun, "that's classified"?
We haven't decided for sure yet, but the gravity bomb will most likely be migrated to the Ballista which we have added to the mod to replace the R700.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Have the damage/reload values for the weapons been fixed? I know you guys said that the weapons where going to be tweaked so i thought i'd ask.

Also, could footsteps & ambient sounds be added back into the mod? It just feel odd not being able to hear your footsteps when walking & not having some type of sound playing in the background after rounds.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Have the damage/reload values for the weapons been fixed? I know you guys said that the weapons where going to be tweaked so i thought i'd ask.
We have tweaked the damage settings to be more balanced and will continue to do so based on the feedback from the beta testers later. I am not aware of any incorrect reload times in v1.0.3 (or at least if there were it's been so long since I fixed them that I no longer remember). Anything of this sort which is found during beta testing will be fixed obviously.

Also, could footsteps & ambient sounds be added back into the mod? It just feel odd not being able to hear your footsteps when walking & not having some type of sound playing in the background after rounds.
They have been added back, yes.
Date Registered: 18 May 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
2014 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
moonmaster1's Groups
2014 Contest Winner
I dig the ported over animations and hitmarkers.  Adds very much to the mod's authenticity.

Also, snipers.  :accepted:
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I dig the ported over animations and hitmarkers.  Adds very much to the mod's authenticity.

Also, snipers.  :accepted:
Also worth noting that the hitmarker sounds rightly play for the person who is shooting (not all players simultaneously...) and the hitmarker texture is the correct one from CoD5 MP which is high-res and correctly placed over the player's crosshair position.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
We have tweaked the damage settings to be more balanced and will continue to do so based on the feedback from the beta testers later. I am not aware of any incorrect reload times in v1.0.3 (or at least if there were it's been so long since I fixed them that I no longer remember). Anything of this sort which is found during beta testing will be fixed obviously.

I think it was mostly an issue with the snipers, the reload speed didn't fit the animation so it looked out of place.
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
 Cool, glad you got real anims for the Mark 2, I thought this was a changelog for the Mod so far, which would've been quite a list.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I thought this was a changelog for the Mod so far, which would've been quite a list.
Indeed it would be. I tried to keep a changelog for the first few months but it got too long/overwhelming and I stopped. I still could generate a list of changes based on our internal ticket tracking system but that's something for later.
Date Registered: 24 September 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Letting Zombies eat my brains since 82
Signature
Zombiejelly's Groups
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
Im sure if there is going to be a changelog for the current release into this release will be a massive task considering all the changes and additions to the mod.
 Keep up the good work guys!Its great to see how all this has came together over the months. From the looks of everything it wont be long now :gusta:

Loading ...