2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
Hey everyone. Firstly, i'd like to tell you i don't know what to say since it's my first WIP post on the forum. I've been readjing, watching, and learning about modding on cod zombies for a very long time and decided to make my first map.

The map is actually a mere revamp of famous CS map cs_assault. I wanted to do this because i had such good memories on it when i was a kid. I just wanted to pay homage to my old memories and the games that were in those memories. Well, I should probably cut the crap and get to the point.

So far i managed to implement UGX Standalone and some scripts. Possible features are;

• Shootable easter eggs (done)
  • Buyable or winnable ending (done)
  • Custom sounds to help you win (done)
  • Custom textures (done)
  • BO Perks

I can't actually say I've made huge progress, but i wanted to share my excitement with you to encourage me to work harder. So, i guess i gotta share some screenshots.

There's supposed to be a wall on the place where you see the skybox, but from a certain distance radiant doesn't show them i guess.

All textures will be replaced with cs textures.

I guess this building is taller than the original. I'll probably fix it.

Progress? Fudge  :yeah:

And a video of me derping around.
Custom Zombies | Zombie Assault - Derping around

Update (17/11/2013)
Some freshly taken screenshots:

Any kind of suggestions are welcome. Feel free to tell me what you think. Do please not hesitate to tell me it looks like crap, because i know it does. It's just the beginning and i didn't want to stand here and wait until it's finished. I hope i can finish this without messing up my school and social life(if i have one). I'll try to update the topic every weekend to let you know what i'm up to.
Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:41:38 am by johndoe
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
I remember the Counter Strike map, and am looking forward to seeing how you reimagine it for zombies. Good luck with it. :)
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Johndoe,
             Thanks for picking up the tools and working on a map. I'll have to blow the dust of CS and remember what the map is supposed to look like. I'm not sure how well you can script yet, but if you want ideas for an easter egg I'd love to help. Also, GrantDaddy007 recently created a map with a very creative easter egg, he may have some ideas coming off of his very successful map Zombie Train.
Anyway, can't wait to see what you do with this map : )
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 3 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
wow i'm glad you liked my ideas :) i've managed to import textures from cs and doing some research about scripting. since it'll be my first map, i'm not thinking of making a huge easter egg. but i'll try my best to make it worth playing. thank you all for the courage you gave me :) hope to come back with more updates :)

Post Merge: October 17, 2013, 07:20:54 am
Update: some screenshots

and a video of me derping around in the map

Custom Zombies | Zombie Assault - Derping around
Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:20:54 am by johndoe
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
2015 Contest Winner
The map is really close to be finished, but i guess i'll need some beta testers. Everything i said on the first post is done. There might be little changes before the release date, but i guess it won't take more than a week. The first five people who volunteers for beta testing will be sent a link of the map. Oh, i almost forgot...

Freshly taken screenshots!!!

The resolution looks a bit crappy i know because i took them on linux and i was too lazy to switch to windows. I hope the map gets the attention i expect  :poker: Anyways, see you guys next week, that's all i can say i guess :D
Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:38:01 am by johndoe
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
wow its a perfect!
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Johndoe, hook a brother up! I totally want to test this beast, this looks super fun!
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
2015 Contest Winner
Johndoe, hook a brother up! I totally want to test this beast, this looks super fun!
i sent the download link to you. check your inbox ;)
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Ege115's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Ege115's Contact & Social LinksEge115
Can I beta test? This map looks awesome! definently want to try it out and help you find bugs.
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
2015 Contest Winner
Can I beta test? This map looks awesome! definently want to try it out and help you find bugs.
sure, check your inbox mate
Date Registered: 8 September 2013
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Let's go bowlin !
kuba6160's Groups
kuba6160's Contact & Social Linkskuba6160SpaceCat
I play CS a lot so I will be able to compare it to original. Can I beta test it ?
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
2015 Contest Winner
I play CS a lot so I will be able to compare it to original. Can I beta test it ?
unfortunately the number of beta testers is full. i'll release the map next week so you don't have to wait too much ;)
Date Registered: 8 September 2013
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Let's go bowlin !
kuba6160's Groups
kuba6160's Contact & Social Linkskuba6160SpaceCat
2 beta testers is max ? Okay. I gonna wait.
Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 09:54:10 am by kuba6160
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
2015 Contest Winner
2 beta testers is max ? Okay. I gonna wait.
no, it's 5. i've been in touch with the others via pm.
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Ege115's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Ege115's Contact & Social LinksEge115
I have now tested it and I almost finished the map, I was at the last area and then I had no ammo left so I had to knife the zombies at round 18 and then I got stuck to all the zombies and got trapped and then died. And when I first got to the last area because the crawlers had to get to me which took some minutes, and at the starting area the zombies sometimes start to derp when I have like walked pass in the middle of the room. And tthen they go somewhere else but after some sconds they start to follow you again properly, but there are maybe one more place where they stop following you but I do not remember where.

But anyway I have not found any other bugs more than derping zombies.

Also this map goes to my top five favourite custom maps list because this map was soo fun to play,  plus that I really liked the easter egg you made!  ;)

Loading ...