More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Anyone else think we should add an extra little script to stop dalek from even playing our maps until he apologizes? All he want is money as said before. He doesn't deserve to play these exciting maps that are coming up. hes completely  humiliated redspaces revolutionary map.
Couldn't agree with you more. Dalek turned a prize possession into a shit-box within a matter of minutes with the shitty and over-the-top commentary and over reactions.
Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:31:39 am by JiffyNoodles
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
dalekjd's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
dalekjd's Contact & Social Links
Hey there everyone,

This is MrDalekJD here. I want to first off apologize to anyone who thinks I have humiliated Redspace's work. This is not the case at all. I've tried my best to display the revolutionary features the map has within my playthrough. You can argue and say that my commentary and reactions in it was over the top, and I will agree. Before recording, I spent the last 2 days playing the map over and over again to make sure I found every feature so I could show off the map in its best light. It's understandable after that much playtime that my initial reactions were long gone, and that I had gotten used to the revolutionary features. In no way shape or form did I ever demoralize Redspace in the video nor talk anything negative of him. I spoke nothing but positive points about his work throughout the playthrough.

The title of part 1 is now changed, but it was titled that way to get people to see his work. I play all custom zombie maps for fun. Redspace didn't want any promotion whatsoever on the videos, but I told him he deserves all the promotion he can get for the time and effort spent creating the map. Me and him spent around 5 days before my playthrough video just talking about the map, the features he's put in and ideas to expand on areas of the map that are closed off in its current build.

This is a full thorough apology to the entire UGX community who believe I have done wrong being allowed to preview the map. I am just a normal guy like you all are, enjoying maps that the community have created, and recording them and uploading them to YouTube. I never intend on creating these videos to offend and annoy anyone. I create them to showcase the talent of map creators and to get a little bit more exposure of the map so more people can enjoy them. Hopefully this small passage is enough for you to forgive me.
Swag Commander ( ͡
Date Registered: 12 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
Anyone else think we should add an extra little script to stop dalek from even playing our maps until he apologizes? All he want is money as said before. He doesn't deserve to play these exciting maps that are coming up. hes completely  humiliated redspaces revolutionary map.

That's kinda fucked up

I understand what Dalek did was wrong, but there's no need for creating such a scrip
Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 02:01:57 pm by CyberMan1011
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
Well done Dalek
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Well done Dalek

Agreed. It takes a man to admit their mistakes and the apology on offer seemed honest and sincere.

Good man Jon
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
dalekjd's Groups
Agreed. It takes a man to admit their mistakes and the apology on offer seemed honest and sincere.

Good man Jon

Thank you man. I am not afraid to admit my wrongs and apologize. I just want to get on with everyone! :)
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Thank you man. I am not afraid to admit my wrongs and apologize. I just want to get on with everyone! :)

Well, I watched the video you make (part 1 at least) on Viking and didn't think it was as bad as people were making out. You explained the features well and explored the map enough to show off the features and layout. Maybe a mention of the mapper would help your case next time around, but aside from that the video was fine.

I have seen cheesier, more over-the-top reactions from you in other videos, and understand that having played it extensively before making the video that you needed to ham up some of the reactions to add to the dramatic effect.

Either way, it is down to the mapper themselves (in this case, RedSpace) whether they are happy with your content, and I don't see any complaints from RedSpace, so I don't really see the issue.

Still, it is very refreshing to see a well known Youtuber apologies to the community, so hopefully this is the end of the matter and the thread can get back on-topic. :)
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Most YouTubers have alternate accounts to get around stuff like this, including NGT. Plus I think this is over the top anyway. I don't think MrD humiliated the map, but I think it was misrepresented and I also think that Redspace deserves a little more credit than he was given in the videos. Assuming that Redspace did ask MrD not to praise him too much in the videos, I can understand why he was not mentioned many times.

The title of part 1 is now changed, but it was titled that way to get people to see his work.
Misleading people to think they are about to watch Black Ops 3 zombies just pisses them off, regardless of what they are watching instead. I am glad you changed it now but I think your reasoning behind your initial decision to name it "BLACK OPS 3" in the title is a little weak.

This is a full thorough apology to the entire UGX community who believe I have done wrong being allowed to preview the map. I am just a normal guy like you all are, enjoying maps that the community have created, and recording them and uploading them to YouTube. I never intend on creating these videos to offend and annoy anyone. I create them to showcase the talent of map creators and to get a little bit more exposure of the map so more people can enjoy them. Hopefully this small passage is enough for you to forgive me.
It takes a lot of courage and humility for a YouTuber to face an angry community and apologize for their actions. I can think of a few other YouTubers who would have either ignored us completely or came on here to belittle us and tell us we are just jealous of someone else's success or whatever else instead of listening to what we have to say and actually applying it.

Good job, and thank you for taking the time to come on here and respond publicly. Hopefully redspace is ok now too, I am surprised he has not commented in here in response yet.
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
dalekjd's Groups
I appreciate the responses guys. I am not one to get into fights or make a fool out of themselves to prove a point.

Talking to Redspace as I write this and he seems 100% fine with my playthrough of his map. Main reason why I never mentioned his name in my video is because on Skype he's called "Sam". So I only really knew him as "Sam" at that point, and wasn't aware of his username. My brain froze when I started my gameplay to think of his name so just addressed him as "the map maker". It was a mistake for me to address him as that as he is a person just like me but thought it'd of been weird to address him as "Sam the map maker" in the video.

Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
Gunoftruth's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
I appreciate the responses guys. I am not one to get into fights or make a fool out of themselves to prove a point.

Talking to Redspace as I write this and he seems 100% fine with my playthrough of his map. Main reason why I never mentioned his name in my video is because on Skype he's called "Sam". So I only really knew him as "Sam" at that point, and wasn't aware of his username. My brain froze when I started my gameplay to think of his name so just addressed him as "the map maker". It was a mistake for me to address him as that as he is a person just like me but thought it'd of been weird to address him as "Sam the map maker" in the video.

True, All apologizes are accepted.  :)
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Hey there everyone,

This is MrDalekJD here. I want to first off apologize to anyone who thinks I have humiliated Redspace's work. This is not the case at all. I've tried my best to display the revolutionary features the map has within my playthrough. You can argue and say that my commentary and reactions in it was over the top, and I will agree. Before recording, I spent the last 2 days playing the map over and over again to make sure I found every feature so I could show off the map in its best light. It's understandable after that much playtime that my initial reactions were long gone, and that I had gotten used to the revolutionary features. In no way shape or form did I ever demoralize Redspace in the video nor talk anything negative of him. I spoke nothing but positive points about his work throughout the playthrough.

The title of part 1 is now changed, but it was titled that way to get people to see his work. I play all custom zombie maps for fun. Redspace didn't want any promotion whatsoever on the videos, but I told him he deserves all the promotion he can get for the time and effort spent creating the map. Me and him spent around 5 days before my playthrough video just talking about the map, the features he's put in and ideas to expand on areas of the map that are closed off in its current build.

Well done good sir.
Date Registered: 15 October 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
gr00t's Groups
gr00t's Contact & Social Links
# ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
-------------------------------------
redspace200, the mod team here, and users of this forum will form their own opinions about your videos and your apology. 
redspace200 has been publicly quiet about his opinion, but obviously felt some need to communicate distaste to chromastone10

This is not an attempt to start a flame war, but to offer civil criticism and my own opinion, which I hope you will reflect on.
An apology here is deserved and acknowledged, but if you truely believe it you should consider posting a video apology on your channel to viewers and to redspace200
for misrepresenting the map as BLACK OPS 3, and not acknowledging the mapmaker by name.

Unfortunately, this action could also draw additional negative feedback from your core followers.  It should be up to redspace200 to decide if he wants a publicly apology, but my guess is he would just doesn't want this type of attentions and prefers this matter goes away.

# MY OPINION

Hey there everyone,

This is MrDalekJD here. I want to first off apologize to anyone who thinks I have humiliated Redspace's work. This is not the case at all.

Personally, I have difficultly accepting your explanation. 

1. You failed to mention redspace200 by name at least once.

redspace200 seems to be a quiet guy who doesn't want to publicly draw attention to himself.  He seems like the type of guy who lets his work speak for him.  I respect that and I apologize if I'm drawing more attention to him by responding your apology.  It is possible redspace200 might have personally requested for you not to mention him by his handle/nickname at all.  However, if he didn't, it sure seems like a kick to the groin when you can't take 10 seconds to acknowledge months of effort, but have plenty of time to tell your viewers to "smash the like button" to generate you some money.

2. Misrepresenting the preview. Use of deception (click bait) to generate hits/likes for revenue.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
# "IS THIS BLACK OPS 3 ZOMBIES?!" (INSANE MAP) - Custom Zombies " PROJECT VIKING" #1

First you misrepresented the video as "BLACK OPS 3".  It is a compliment to redspace200 to compare his work to a Treyarch map, he is certainly deserving of it.  However, you personally have a long history of publishing click bait speculation commentary videos on your channel to generate hits/likes for revenue.  By misrepresenting the video, you drew in hate of an audience that while possibly liking the map, did not appreciate being deceived.  You may have renamed the title, but you still include click bait "BlACK OPS 3" text in the description which returns the video during a search query.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
"IS THIS BLACK OPS 3 ZOMBIES?!" (INSANE MAP) - Custom Zombies "PROJECT VIKING" #1
"IS THIS BLACK OPS 3 ZOMBIES?!" (INSANE MAP) - Custom Zombies "PROJECT VIKING" #1

Code Snippet
Plaintext
# RECENT CLICK BAIT SPECULTION VIDEOS

+ COD: Advanced Warfare ZOMBIES - MORE Than Just a Bonus Wave? Future Zombie Only DLC?
- COD: Advanced Warfare will have ZOMBIES!

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SyRUyxJBbI[/url]

+ Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - ZOMBIES CONFIRMED! ZOMBIES IN EXO-SURVIVAL CO-OP! (COD AW)

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qsiMxhCv20[/url]

+ Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - "HELLSPAWN" MODE - ZOMBIE DEMONS! Real or Fake Discussion
- Sit yourselves down for an EPIC ride! :D

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2rvGGdDAIk[/url]

I've tried my best to display the revolutionary features the map has within my playthrough. You can argue and say that my commentary and reactions in it was over the top, and I will agree. Before recording, I spent the last 2 days playing the map over and over again to make sure I found every feature so I could show off the map in its best light. It's understandable after that much playtime that my initial reactions were long gone, and that I had gotten used to the revolutionary features.

Research and preparation can be used to present information concisely and accurately.  These are good habits in any field of study (not just video games).  Unfortunately, despite drawing attention to map features, your playthrough commentary came off as extremely fake and overly-dramatized.  This translates into you being the center of attention and not the content you are supposed to be previewing.

I'm not sure if there were any conditions set on the amount of video you could show, but if there were no such conditions, you should really have considered just doing a screencast of live playthrough and then posting a two hour video. Your reactions would be genuine and you would present the map fairly as it unfolds.  Let the map speak for itself.  If you miss some things, come back and post a follow up video that shows some new discovery.

In no way shape or form did I ever demoralize Redspace in the video nor talk anything negative of him. I spoke nothing but positive points about his work throughout the playthrough.

This is accurate, even if your commentary did appear fake and overly-dramatized.

The title of part 1 is now changed, but it was titled that way to get people to see his work.

You misrepresented the video and personally have a long history of publishing click bait speculation commentary videos on your channel to generate hits/likes for revenue. I covered this above.  Also the original title "BLACK OPS 3" still remains in the description, which results in the video coming up in a youtube search query

I play all custom zombie maps for fun.

Like most youtube personalities, I believe you get some enjoyment playing games, just like the rest of us.  But you do have a profit seeking motive and that is clearly outlined by branding, like/button requests and overlays, and generally eccentric commentary.  So really, it's not just about playing games and posting videos, lets be honest about that.

Redspace didn't want any promotion whatsoever on the videos, but I told him he deserves all the promotion he can get for the time and effort spent creating the map. Me and him spent around 5 days before my playthrough video just talking about the map, the features he's put in and ideas to expand on areas of the map that are closed off in its current build.

I think redspace200's work speaks for itself within the custom zombie community.  Other mappers and scripters respect him, and even lurkers like me have noticed the fruits of his labor.  I can't speak for redspace200, but I don't think he needs "all the promotion he can get".  When the map is released (assuming he hasn't changed his decision), others will notice.  If redspace's motive included using project viking as a technical demonstration for use on a professional resume, then again, he doesn't need "promotion" from a youtube personality.  The work speaks for itself.

Offering feedback and comments is always good though, because it can lead to reflection.

Your apology is acknowledged.  There are three groups of people deserving of an apology.  1. Redspace200 2. Your viewers (misrepresenting the video as BLACK OPS 3)  3. UGX-MOD Community

The UGX-MOD community were mostly bystanders in this and aren't directly involved, but if some took offense to your video it could directly impact your ability to get future beta access to videos.  Most people are keenly aware that having beta access and having a "youtube exclusive" preview can add thousands of hits/likes resulting in more money for you.  So you have a self-interest in maintaining a good standing "relationship" with the community.

Date Registered: 19 August 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
OMTGaming
OfficialMT22's Groups
OfficialMT22's Contact & Social LinksOMTGamingOfficialMT22OfficialMT22GamingOMTGaming
People, people, people. We are all humans here, we ALL make MISTAKES. Mr. DalekJD has said his apologies, and redspace200 (AKA Sam The Map Maker LOL) seems to be ok with the video.. Lets get this back on topic and talk about how great this map is gonna be.

Looks great redspace200 (AKA Sam). Cant wait for an awesome map!
Date Registered: 15 October 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
gr00t's Groups
gr00t's Contact & Social Links

It's good that you're showing some genuine humility here.   If Redspace200 is happy, then that's what really matters.  I still think you should take a look at my lengthy reply and reflect on it, because it might help you.
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
# ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
redspace200, the mod team here, and users of this forum will form their own opinions about your videos and your apology. 
redspace200 has been publicly quiet about his opinion, but obviously felt some need to communicate distaste to chromastone10

This is not an attempt to start a flame war, but to offer civil criticism and my own opinion, which I hope you will reflect on.
An apology here is deserved and acknowledged, but if you truely believe it you should consider posting a video apology on your channel to viewers and to redspace200
for misrepresenting the map as BLACK OPS 3, and not acknowledging the mapmaker by name.

Unfortunately, this action could also draw additional negative feedback from your core followers.  It should be up to redspace200 to decide if he wants a publicly apology, but my guess is he would just doesn't want this type of attentions and prefers this matter goes away.

# MY OPINION

Personally, I have difficultly accepting your explanation. 

1. You failed to mention redspace200 by name at least once.

redspace200 seems to be a quiet guy who doesn't want to publicly draw attention to himself.  He seems like the type of guy who lets his work speak for him.  I respect that and I apologize if I'm drawing more attention to him by responding your apology.  It is possible redspace200 might have personally requested for you not to mention him by his handle/nickname at all.  However, if he didn't, it sure seems like a kick to the groin when you can't take 10 seconds to acknowledge months of effort, but have plenty of time to tell your viewers to "smash the like button" to generate you some money.

2. Misrepresenting the preview. Use of deception (click bait) to generate hits/likes for revenue.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
# "IS THIS BLACK OPS 3 ZOMBIES?!" (INSANE MAP) - Custom Zombies " PROJECT VIKING" #1

First you misrepresented the video as "BLACK OPS 3".  It is a compliment to redspace200 to compare his work to a Treyarch map, he is certainly deserving of it.  However, you personally have a long history of publishing click bait speculation commentary videos on your channel to generate hits/likes for revenue.  By misrepresenting the video, you drew in hate of an audience that while possibly liking the map, did not appreciate being deceived.  You may have renamed the title, but you still include click bait "BlACK OPS 3" text in the description which returns the video during a search query.

Code Snippet
Plaintext

Code Snippet
Plaintext
# RECENT CLICK BAIT SPECULTION VIDEOS

+ COD: Advanced Warfare ZOMBIES - MORE Than Just a Bonus Wave? Future Zombie Only DLC?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SyRUyxJBbI[/url]

+ Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - ZOMBIES CONFIRMED! ZOMBIES IN EXO-SURVIVAL CO-OP! (COD AW)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qsiMxhCv20[/url]

+ Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - "HELLSPAWN" MODE - ZOMBIE DEMONS! Real or Fake Discussion
- Sit yourselves down for an EPIC ride! :D

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2rvGGdDAIk[/url]

Research and preparation can be used to present information concisely and accurately.  These are good habits in any field of study (not just video games).  Unfortunately, despite drawing attention to map features, your playthrough commentary came off as extremely fake and overly-dramatized.  This translates into you being the center of attention and not the content you are supposed to be previewing.

I'm not sure if there were any conditions set on the amount of video you could show, but if there were no such conditions, you should really have considered just doing a screencast of live playthrough and then posting a two hour video. Your reactions would be genuine and you would present the map fairly as it unfolds.  Let the map speak for itself.  If you miss some things, come back and post a follow up video that shows some new discovery.

This is accurate, even if your commentary did appear fake and overly-dramatized.

You misrepresented the video and personally have a long history of publishing click bait speculation commentary videos on your channel to generate hits/likes for revenue. I covered this above.  Also the original title "BLACK OPS 3" still remains in the description, which results in the video coming up in a youtube search query

Like most youtube personalities, I believe you get some enjoyment playing games, just like the rest of us.  But you do have a profit seeking motive and that is clearly outlined by branding, like/button requests and overlays, and generally eccentric commentary.  So really, it's not just about playing games and posting videos, lets be honest about that.

I think redspace200's work speaks for itself within the custom zombie community.  Other mappers and scripters respect him, and even lurkers like me have noticed the fruits of his labor.  I can't speak for redspace200, but I don't think he needs "all the promotion he can get".  When the map is released (assuming he hasn't changed his decision), others will notice.  If redspace's motive included using project viking as a technical demonstration for use on a professional resume, then again, he doesn't need "promotion" from a youtube personality.  The work speaks for itself.

Offering feedback and comments is always good though, because it can lead to reflection.

Your apology is acknowledged.  There are three groups of people deserving of an apology.  1. Redspace200 2. Your viewers (misrepresenting the video as BLACK OPS 3)  3. UGX-MOD Community

The UGX-MOD community were mostly bystanders in this and aren't directly involved, but if some took offense to your video it could directly impact your ability to get future beta access to videos.  Most people are keenly aware that having beta access and having a "youtube exclusive" preview can add thousands of hits/likes resulting in more money for you.  So you have a self-interest in maintaining a good standing "relationship" with the community.
if you have read the previes replays to this topic you would have seen that most if not all things stated here have already been talked about and jd has already apologized (although i don't feel he had to) although thats my opinion.
Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:48:01 pm by arceus

Loading ...