UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Shadowlands [NYC AFTERMATH] (4 maps,12 gamemodes,1 mod)

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by Uk_ViiPeR

Poll

Question: What bonus feature would you like to see?

Mute Grenades
0 (0%)
Save Position
8 (28.6%)
Both
17 (60.7%)
None
3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: November 15, 2014, 01:32:09 pm

Poll

Question: Which monitor system would you like to see?

Perma Ban
under/higher value
both
none
Date Registered: 11 October 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
⟡ Hitman's bunny lover ⟡
Signature

My Portfolio

=============== Project Progress ===============
Shadowlands - TBA 2016
Untitled project [COD5-BO3] - TBA
Untitled project 2 [?] - TBA
===========================================
Uk_ViiPeR's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Uk_ViiPeR's Contact & Social LinksCodGlitcherXiCodGlitcherX1
To read more recent updates, either view them below or look at the most recent posts ive added to the thread for more

Update 2016: April

Hello everyone, today i'm bringing some up to date news about the project and what will be happening in the future, now don't be affraid with what i'm about to say because there is a silver light to it.

The Shadowlands Project for W@W has been cancelled for now. unfortunately due to the amount of limitations with the engine itself i regret to inform you that the project won't be at its full potential with this version of the engine. there are many reasons to this but i will explain them below.

- The map capability is limiting, the original plan was to make a single map have a "open world" feel to it. while fitting with the world and other gamemodes.

- Custom content has been restricted, this effects how much content is used within the UI or ingame.

- The maps i've already designed and are ready i'm just not happy with, they have so much more potential and could really use a 'remastered' look to it.

- This also helps me focus on doing the DLC maps ready in advance.

Currently, this project will be held mainly for BO3 as we have a wide range of new tools to mess around with and i can meet the higher standard i've always wanted.

There will be a W@W version shortly after the BO3's version is released, but it will have to be a LITE version because of the stated issues above, but will function nearly the same as bo3's version just with less content and access.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and false hopes (especially after the recent pre-alpha preview video) but i hope you all understand why i'm doing this.

This WIP thread will remain the main topic until a bo3 section is open, it will stay open and i will continue to show updates and progression overtime. i have a lot to show you all soon, but please stand by for now.

See you in the future,
Uk_ViiPeR.

Early preview as promised! Credit to relaxing for recording it for me :)

What is shadowlands?
Shadowlands is a co-op zombie story modification for Call Of Duty: W@W PC. The main focus of this mod was to bring a new singleplayer experience to zombies from a co-operative and solo view.

Come back soon for more information regarding this modification.

UPDATE FALL 2015: due to security problems with the verification system I would advise people to request access whether its for the pre-alpha or not. I'm only saying this because on the release of the project your name has to be in the mod in order to validate your account.

You can request access by requesting beta access (your name will be added to the google document) or simply comment on the document itself. if your name is on that document (within reason) then you have been granted access to the shadowlands project.

You can comment on the document here (make sure to comment on the next available box): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hUtyYW-NnVanEuJxsg5OTgSBCkLI5pm7MlOw5o74BQk/edit?usp=sharing

If by any chance you would not like your name displayed on the graph then please notify me before applying to the list and i will happily keep your waw user private.

Thank you for your patience and I hope to see a lot of you on here soon :)

Requirements:
- Must abide by selected rules given on the day (e.g. no leaking etc..)
- Must supply your WAW ID (username) through private message to me directly
- Must have over 50 posts in order to apply.
- Must request beta access in order to be finally put onto the waiting list.

Alpha features:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
- 100% FREE TO PLAY
- Double TKN EXP for 12 hours of ingame time
- Special alpha-only bonuses
- Access to all 4 Maps and 12 different gamemodes.
- Ranks are limited to 20, until DLC1 and 2 arrive.
- Custom UI
- Buy your stock in the UI, use it in-game.
- Rank and token system live
- Anti-Cheat, Ban, stat system live (can be toggled in the server menu)
- Handful of server settings
- Customize your gameplay
and a lot more!

WARNING: If the requirements are failed to be met then either testing in the future will be discontinued or you will be instantly banned from any modification brought out by myself dependant on your reasoning.

There will be 50 slots for now, a week or two later as updates will be dished out I will announce a public release.

4 maps down, 8 more to go.

Newer screenshots:

Screenshots since the last build

OLD BUILDS

Spoiler: click to open...
(PS - Screenshots provided are the previous alpha build)
Testers and recorders needed (for gameplay and trailer) - Contact me via direct message or skype (CodGlitcherXi)

Hello everyone, today I will be bringing you some new content from me to the community so keep checking back for any updates and I hope you enjoy my little project that I've been working on for about 3 months :)

First Build
Deep within shadowlands you will encounter many different things, ranging from side missions to bosses. Never wonder alone in the woods, you never know what's around the corner.

Shadowlands (since previously mentioned in the past via other sources) has changed a lot, its gone from a standalone 8 chapter season to an all in one map, this is quite possibly the biggest zombie map I've ever seen! and for the lag...well theirs only a minor bit of lag (due to my 2gb ram) so i'm trying to find a solution to reduce the lag for lower ram users. Anyway's enough talking here's a screenshot of the map size so far (only contains 4 chapters at this point in time)

Note: the screenshot was taken too high so not all models and textures can be shown (if you look at the white patch on your right and see that dark texture, well that's the big japanese ship from stock based on its original model scale)

Main focuses of this mod (check list)

- Give other players the ability to fight or work together for survival (between your other 3 opponents)

- Side missions (e.g. get supplies for AI) -
  • [More to be added]

- Overall map Size - []
- Der Riese scrips -

- More barriers? - []
- Storyline - []
- Grphical tweaks - []
- Easter eggs -

- Bosses - []
- Better perk system - []
- More challenges - []
- More detail w/o lag - []
//More to be added

Here are some alpha build screenshots of the standalone version (fog has been tweaked since taken), I hope you enjoy! :)

Video Teaser

Shadowlands: Season One - Teaser Trailer

Opinions on improvement are welcome! :)

Second Build

Update 0.2: Implementing more detail and scripts

Overall view of the map (now contains 6 chapters, will be sticking with that for the time being and see how it goes)

Other addons:

- Mob of the dead ai models
- Five teleporters (for quicker travel)
- power source and electric barriers
- more ai scripts added
- two cutscenes under testing
- including more decals for detail
- more easter eggs added
- custom sound tweaked (for tree and water animations)
- some alternative scripts (not all mandatory due to testing)
- tree and grass animation
- Boss (varies)
- Hud tweaks (round display removed also, will be replaced shortly)
- FX (for more detail)
- Credits cinematic (for ending)

Changes to be done:

- More FX needed
- Fog display will be tweaked
- The seeing distance (FOV) will be tweaked depending on what version you will be running (LITE or standard) to optimize graphics and reduce lag
- More AI stories and cutscenes
- introduce a "save AI" script for realism and challenging events
More TBA..

Credit given to the original founder for five teleporters, motd models and foliage animation (forgot the names but if youre the creator of these let me know and ill edit the post)

Anyway's enjoy a few more screenshots :)

Third Build

Update 0.3: Halloween pre-beta announcement

Finally, after the last week of trial and error I am happy to announce that the mod will have a beta for halloween, due to quite frequent demand I will be releasing the beta version of the map. You will have access to town, woods, asylum, shoreline and sanctuary.

Other addons:

- 8 Custom weapons (from bo2)
- Perks (Die riese for the time being)
- texture changes (tweaked to fit)
- Day and night system
- Church bell
- Destructible doors (varies)
- Explosive triggers (varies)
- Improved Anti-Cheat
- Dynamic foliage
- Intro hints
- ammo purchase
- Survival cans (tbd)
- Bonus boxes (tbd)
- Side missions (e.g. find this, find that for reward)
- Friendly fire enabled (choose whether to kill or work with team mates)
- Triggered doorways (e.g. blast doors)
- Zombie counter
- Flashlight (tbd)
- Round display removed
- Mob of the dead ai models
- Five teleporters (for quicker travel)
- power source and electric barriers
- more ai scripts added
- two cutscenes under testing
- including more decals for detail
- more easter eggs added
- custom sound tweaked (for tree and water animations)
- some alternative scripts (not all mandatory due to testing)
- tree and grass animation
- Boss (varies)
- Hud tweaks (round display removed also, will be replaced shortly)
- FX (for more detail)
- Credits cinematic (for ending, needs to be updated asap)
more tba.

Changes to be done:

- More FX needed
- More AI stories and cutscenes
- introduce a "save AI" script for realism and challenging events
More TBA..
- Possible treasure chest fix
- Custom perk machines
more tba.

Credit given to the original founder for the following (forgot some names but if your the creator of any let me know and ill edit the post)

five teleporters - AwesomePieMan
motd models - jei9363
foliage animation - Somebody Else
Anti-Cheat V2 -
Zombie Counter -
Ported BO2 Guns - CFGFactory
Intro hints (to be changed but was used for the time being) -

Anyway's enjoy another teaser trailer for halloween! :)

Fifth Build

Update 0.5: Introduction to cinematics and extras

Well, since the beta was delayed i thought i'd add a few extra features to the map and try to optimize it as much as possible to make it stable for every player on different graphical settings.

Cinematic's: Introducing cinematic's into this mod has be something i've had in mind for awhile, back since my previous project i've always wanted to include something different to your every-day call of duty experience, whether its triggered events, destructible's or even these. below you will find a small snippet; one of many that you will see in season one so I hope you enjoy :)

Shadowlands Cinematics teaser

Bonus features (to treat the beta testers, will open a poll so you decide)

Save position - This option allows a player to save its position, upon death, it will auto load that position. The catch is, you're only allowed once every 5 minutes to save your position to keep it realistic.

Mute grenades - as seen in advanced warfare, these are used just like a grenade but instead of damaging the zombies, it causes them to become confused giving you the 10 seconds needed to get out of a crowded area. In other words, a better and more efficient version of monkey bombs.

More tba.

public beta release date will be announced shortly.

Sixth build
Update 0.6: More news since last update

Today i will be announcing what you will almost see in this map, nearly everything above (excluding the overall layout of the map) will no-longer be used in this map, however any custom content/ideas that ive put forward in the past (e.g. mute grenades etc..) will still be in use.

So what is shadowlands now? Well, lets just say its not just a 'map' now. Shadowlands: Chernobyl is run by the newly developed mod Minus-1 which has a new unique user interface layout allowing you to do more than you bargained for. What does it include you may ask?

Minus-1 will run all of the following upon release

- Custom UI Design
- Character customization
- Custom online playlist
- 6-9 singleplayer maps
- 5 custom map slots (explained below)
- Ability to customize the UI using a UI placer
- Editable popup messages
- Dev CP, for more control
- Monitor systems (explained below)
- information/contact box
- store (explained below)
- Stock and custom maps (solo, explained below)
- Custom map settings (e.g. gamemodes, set zombie health, speed etc..)
- Easter eggs (who doesn't like them?)
More tba.

Custom UI Design
as seen above i had decided to re-create my own version of a main menu, this menu is a 2-sided split integration where you have campain on your left, and zombies on your right. online and offline options are displayed in the zombies menu also. this has been the main focus recently and as i learn more about how things work the more i want to add.

Custom map slots
There are 5 slots for 5 different custom maps you can run with this map, all you be done simply by adding the fastfile to the mod dictionary and edit the mapname in the map settings/or dvar in your config. all will be displayed onto the ui.

Custom online playlist
Same as the custom map slots, it allows you to select one of your 5 maps by editing the server map name in map settings.

character customization
This is a work in progress, but the final outcome will be to allow the player to attach different parts of the characters body such as the head, body and arms. the preview i showed in the chatbox was a troll ;)

UI Placer
For a change i had decided to allow the player to customize the menu to how he likes it, although; this doesnt mean you can change everything but popup boxes, colours and maybe the option boxes will be included.

Dev CP
Allows you to have more control over the mod, kick a player, warn a player, debugging, profile bans, maybe map customizer (place and save models etc..), and enable/disable monitor systems. However, this option is only available if you're a approved client.

Monitor Systems
This you may or may not like, but its only to help educate myself and maybe others. there are several monitor systems that are inside the mod, these can be any of the following if i decide to enable them. The priority in this is to see how much security i can add, and i know someone will want to crack it. so that could be an easter egg for you ;)

Anti-Cheat system - detects if a vars value is tweaked
Host-Issue system - issues bans, kicks and notifys
Ban system - temp/perm profile ban (this mod limits you to one profile, this is a maybe)
Under/Higher value system (for hex value injections or unknown tweaks, e.g. score received in x second is more than average)

Each system branches into 3-4 different parts, so its not as simple to work out. but its all down to you guys to decide whether or not i should include these.

Store
This mod will be running a token system, where after each game session has ended your overall map score will be saved into an external file, then loaded through the UI and can be used to buy content such as weapons, weapon add-ons, upgrades, perks and redeem codes. Once an item is bought, the points are deducted and you can use that content (on-spawn) the next time you load up a map (if it has the content precached in the map)

Stock and custom maps
A menu dividing Minus Creations (stock) maps and custom external maps, Same as the custom map slots, but the slots will be visibly displayed in the solo menu.

Custom map settings
When creating a server you will have the option to edit your map settings, within the settings menu you will have many different options ranging from the zombie speed/health to where you're spawned, all will be announced soon.

Easter eggs
Within the shadowland maps or even the main menu you will find some easter eggs, let the games begin aye?

And finally, What about the mapping side?

Well, did you notice that i said "maps" above?

Shadowlands is not only a standalone, but includes two huge dlc maps for you to unlock when its released. But how would you unlock them you may ask, thats for you to find out ;)

Shadowlands: Chernobyl
Shadowlands: Shangri-la
Shadowlands: Extended Cut (wip)

This may also include the 6 maps from the old standalone version as a special treat :)

This also includes the 9-singleplayer missions which revolve around chernobyl, you will hear more news about this sometime soon.

p.s. ive said this to many others in the past, but i hate lacking in creativity. why use something which is already created? im trying to maintain the overall zombie feel but make a change to how it works, and im not going to lie, its hard.

I hope you enjoyed this little overview of what is to come in the near future :)

Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 01:30:27 am by Uk_ViiPeR
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
I'm not entirely sure what this is meant to be, but it sounds good and you sound of a professional?
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
⟡ Hitman's bunny lover ⟡
Uk_ViiPeR's Groups
I'm not entirely sure what this is meant to be, but it sounds good and you sound of a professional?

Well, picture this.. Dead island with a nazi zombie crossover, apart from you have the option to kill or work with your team mates :) and I may be new to the site but i've had a few years backed up behind me, this isn't the only project ive worked on so I understand a lot (not all) about mapping and scripting for this engine :)
Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:42:49 pm by Uk_ViiPeR
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
Well, picture this.. Dead island with a nazi zombie crossover, apart from you have the option to kill or work with your team mates :) and I may be new to the site but i've had a few years backed up behind me, this isn't the only project ive worked on so I understand a lot (not all) about mapping and scripting for this engine :)

Well i'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled on this and any testing news.
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 10 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
So this is basically a "total conversion" mod? Like it uses the assets of W@W but not the traditional zombies setup? So can we expect to see rounds, mystery box, ect or is this something completely new? Either way, this is probably the coolest thing I've seen on UGX, the screenshots look really nice!
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Well, this might be the best zombie map we'll ever play.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
⟡ Hitman's bunny lover ⟡
Uk_ViiPeR's Groups
So this is basically a "total conversion" mod? Like it uses the assets of W@W but not the traditional zombies setup? So can we expect to see rounds, mystery box, ect or is this something completely new? Either way, this is probably the coolest thing I've seen on UGX, the screenshots look really nice!

Well, i'm keeping all the old stock scripts from the der riese package (e.g. mystery box, teleporters [maybe], and perk system) to keep it enjoyable for everyone but ive added a few user-created (some by me) content to go that extra mile. with the standalone version of this mod I introduced ai pathing for friendly ai's to assist you to different locations (no further animation was done since it was only a test) and it runs smoothly. The final outcome of this mod is to give a singleplayer/multiplayer deathmatch experience within a zombie mod on a massive scale. I'm now currently scripting a side mission where a soldier is trapped on a train, your job is to kill the surrounding zombies and set him free.. a lot like what they did on dead island. The only downfall on this map would be the lack of detail, there's only so much you can add before it lags.

Double Post Merge: October 12, 2014, 05:10:38 pm
Well, this might be the best zombie map we'll ever play.

If it meets its full potential when finished (as described) then it could we be :p
Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:10:38 pm by Uk_ViiPeR
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Well, i'm keeping all the old stock scripts from the der riese package (e.g. mystery box, teleporters [maybe], and perk system) to keep it enjoyable for everyone but ive added a few user-created (some by me) content to go that extra mile. with the standalone version of this mod I introduced ai pathing for friendly ai's to assist you to different locations (no further animation was done since it was only a test) and it runs smoothly. The final outcome of this mod is to give a singleplayer/multiplayer deathmatch experience within a zombie mod on a massive scale. I'm now currently scripting a side mission where a soldier is trapped on a train, your job is to kill the surrounding zombies and set him free.. a lot like what they did on dead island. The only downfall on this map would be the lack of detail, there's only so much you can add before it lags.

Double Post Merge: October 12, 2014, 05:10:38 pm
If it meets its full potential when finished (as described) then it could we be :p
So it's a campaign kind of map, like Trazit, only better  ;). So if this was gonna be multiple chapters before, but you decided to merge them into one map, then how long will each playthrough be (roughly)? Oh, and I think a good solution to the lag problem would be two versions of the map - Lite (less detail) and Full (all detail)
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
⟡ Hitman's bunny lover ⟡
Uk_ViiPeR's Groups
So it's a campaign kind of map, like Trazit, only better  ;). So if this was gonna be multiple chapters before, but you decided to merge them into one map, then how long will each playthrough be (roughly)? Oh, and I think a good solution to the lag problem would be two versions of the map - Lite (less detail) and Full (all detail)

Yeah exactly! well only one person has tested chapter one (standalone) and that took a good 40 minutes, chapter two took 25 minutes w/o its extension :p chapter three is really small so that one could be quick to complete but its in tight areas so theres a higher chance you could die. chapter five is by far the longest one though (if i can include that into the huge map since it was a "gone-back-in-time" sort of map, towards the beginning of the outbreak. by my prediction, since there are a lot of doors on that map you can buy, and a mean a lot! it could take you around a good 2 hours or so to complete. ps. its also a headmess map, your character starts to go crazy and weird stuff happens. the map will be reshaped and it will make it even more challenging for you to finish (you'll see what i mean when you play it) but the story will make sense in the next few seasons :p

ps. just included a bonus chapter into the big map, chapter seven is now amongst one, two, three and six :p messy chapter layout but ive worked out that seven works better before four :)

And for the lite and full build, yeah i will include that :)
Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:55:11 pm by Uk_ViiPeR
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 5 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
The main focus of this mod was to bring a new singleplayer experience to zombies from a co-operative view.

That's just confusing, I don't get it ??? ???
Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:59:10 pm by Ramiabdh
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
⟡ Hitman's bunny lover ⟡
Uk_ViiPeR's Groups
That's just confusing, I don't get it ??? ???

An easier way to put it: Nazi zombies with a storyline (singleplayer aspects added) built for coop and solo :')
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Yeah exactly! well only one person has tested chapter one (standalone) and that took a good 40 minutes, chapter two took 25 minutes w/o its extension :p chapter three is really small so that one could be quick to complete but its in tight areas so theres a higher chance you could die. chapter five is by far the longest one though (if i can include that into the huge map since it was a "gone-back-in-time" sort of map, towards the beginning of the outbreak. by my prediction, since there are a lot of doors on that map you can buy, and a mean a lot! it could take you around a good 2 hours or so to complete. ps. its also a headmess map, your character starts to go crazy and weird stuff happens. the map will be reshaped and it will make it even more challenging for you to finish (you'll see what i mean when you play it) but the story will make sense in the next few seasons :p

ps. just included a bonus chapter into the big map, chapter seven is now amongst one, two, three and six :p messy chapter layout but ive worked out that seven works better before four :)

And for the lite and full build, yeah i will include that :)
Wow man, I gotta say I'm already hyped! I'm also glad that you're doing the Lite and Full idea, I don't want to miss out on any juicy detail that my machine could handle.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
⟡ Hitman's bunny lover ⟡
Uk_ViiPeR's Groups
Wow man, I gotta say I'm already hyped! I'm also glad that you're doing the Lite and Full idea, I don't want to miss out on any juicy detail that my machine could handle.

Well its all down to how creative I am with detail now, im pretty much done with the lite version now; just a ton of scripts and maybe integrate the pathed ai system (if i have enough time). if you want you can test the overall map layout if youre interested? i need to see if it can cope with 4 players without causing new bugs :p
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Well its all down to how creative I am with detail now, im pretty much done with the lite version now; just a ton of scripts and maybe integrate the pathed ai system (if i have enough time). if you want you can test the overall map layout if youre interested? i need to see if it can cope with 4 players without causing new bugs :p
Hell yeah, I'd love to test the map! Just lemme know when it's ready!
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
⟡ Hitman's bunny lover ⟡
Uk_ViiPeR's Groups
Hell yeah, I'd love to test the map! Just lemme know when it's ready!

Will do! just doing a quick compile tonight and ill see how it goes in solo mode, if alright ill let you know and we can test :)

Loading ...