My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Coding Hobbyist, Application & Web Development
Signature
Undeadmetal's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Undeadmetal's Contact & Social LinksOnlyAGamer
Still looking hot man, couple random suggestions:

-- Definitely go for a full night-time theme, it would be so cool if the only illumination was the color emitted from the rocks!

-- Would be nice to see the Origins PaP camo and staves on the map

-- Adding a teleporter to a PaP room that looked like a "normal" building would be a nice touch, kind of blurring reality with fantasy I guess lol

I can definitely make it night time   :) I agree it will look better

I'm not sure I could manage getting the origins staves on my map but that would be awesome.

Hmm never thought about that maybe I could make the teleport take you to a town in the past for 30 seconds
with a kind of blurred old vision and you have to make your way to PaP.

thanks for your Ideas  :D :D
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 21 June 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Keep Scrolling...
Signature
I Am New Into Mapping And All Of That Kind Of Stuff.I Appreciate Every Help Provided!
LegendHugo's Groups
LegendHugo's Contact & Social LinksHdinis09Hdinis09@hdinis09DonHugo
For a first map it looks very cool man
Date Registered: 22 September 2015
Last active: 3 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Signature
AllMoDs's Groups
nice i like it and if i can help pm me
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
Glad to hear you liked some of my suggestions. I also just noticed that you plan on possibly including parkour in the map so I just wanna say -- be careful! Several great maps in the past have been seriously damaged by parkour sections. The fundamental flaw with them is that you cannot see your feet in WAW, which means you just have to "guesstimate" where you're actually standing in relation to the ledge. I've played maps before where failing a parkour meant death and it was INFURIATING.

So although I do feel like parkour (maybe on top of floating geometric blocks?) would definitely fit the theme of the map, please be wary of including death-drops that ruin players' experiences.

Anyway, if you ever need another beta tester at some point in the future I'm available, tested a couple maps before :)
Date Registered: 20 August 2014
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Undeadmetal's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Glad to hear you liked some of my suggestions. I also just noticed that you plan on possibly including parkour in the map so I just wanna say -- be careful! Several great maps in the past have been seriously damaged by parkour sections. The fundamental flaw with them is that you cannot see your feet in WAW, which means you just have to "guesstimate" where you're actually standing in relation to the ledge. I've played maps before where failing a parkour meant death and it was INFURIATING.

So although I do feel like parkour (maybe on top of floating geometric blocks?) would definitely fit the theme of the map, please be wary of including death-drops that ruin players' experiences.

Anyway, if you ever need another beta tester at some point in the future I'm available, tested a couple maps before :)
I don't really have any parkour in my map at the moment but so far at the tallest parts of my map you can jump off (without jugg)  and still survive.

I was thinking about when I get the path nodes set up right (again  :-[) To let a map reviewer test it and see how they like it so far, and maybe tell me some cool things they would like to see in the map! ( I'm still new to mapping and porting but since the redo of my lighting upon many other things from me breaking the map the first time it's looking good)

Spoiler: click to open...
Note: The Skybox Is temporary I plan on doing something a bit different  :D
! No longer available

I'd be happy to let you test it but it's not ready for beta at all haha.
Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:28:48 pm by Undeadmetal
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
I don't really have any parkour in my map at the moment but so far at the tallest parts of my map you can jump off (without jugg)  and still survive.

I was thinking about when I get the path nodes set up right (again  :-[) To let a map reviewer test it and see how they like it so far, and maybe tell me some cool things they would like to see in the map! ( I'm still new to mapping and porting but since the redo of my lighting upon many other things from me breaking the map the first time it's looking good)

Spoiler: click to open...
Note: The Skybox Is temporary I plan on doing something a bit different  :D
! No longer available

I'd be happy to let you test it but it's not ready for beta at all haha.
Wow, the map looks even better than I'd expected so far! I like the element of verticality it has too.

However, I would change the cement slab texture in the starting room to the same texture as the cave walls, as I feel it looks strange otherwise.

Also, not too sure how I personally feel about the grass/tree section. It's definitely incongruous with the rest of the map... IDK, I mean it doesn't look BAD, just out-of-place.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Undeadmetal's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Wow, the map looks even better than I'd expected so far! I like the element of verticality it has too.

However, I would change the cement slab texture in the starting room to the same texture as the cave walls, as I feel it looks strange otherwise.

Also, not too sure how I personally feel (that made me laugh a little haha) about the grass/tree section. It's definitely incongruous with the rest of the map... IDK, I mean it doesn't look BAD, just out-of-place.

I know it looked out of place and pretty BAD lol so I took what you said and got this so far as an outcome.

Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
I know it looked out of place and pretty BAD lol so I took what you said and got this so far as an outcome.

That's a cool concept. It does limit player movement a bit, although that may be just what you want if you're going for a harder map.

Edit: on second thought, the black texture does look pretty good as it goes along with the skybox :P
Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 02:30:40 pm by ShotgunRagtime
Date Registered: 3 February 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
The Power of 115 hahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature
Hello I'm Toxic Richtofen and I'm a proud zombies fan. I have everything practically memorized from easter eggs to other information as well. I am also the leader of my own zombie killing clan: 115Warriors. I hope we can get along and can't wait to play the intriguing maps to come.
looks pretty damn good undeadmetal 8)
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Undeadmetal's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Started adding in guns  :D :D I Put them in the section guns so far  :P
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
fatboypro's Groups
fatboypro's Contact & Social Links
Looks good but the names of the attachment names are in a different language. ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Undeadmetal's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Added A Little Update!!!

Here's a further version of the gun.
(sorry bout that background noise forgot my class could be heard in the recording
so theirs a teacher talking to one of her students haha the student advisor)

! No longer available
Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:06:15 pm by Undeadmetal

Loading ...