39 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 235

broken avatar :(
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
This user is deleted :(
not to an open beta. this sopils the surprises and makes it harder to have players with the same versions. itll become like bridge V1.8
UM Member, Mapper and 3d Modeler
Date Registered: 8 February 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Port Arthur
Signature
pashan's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
I voted yes for the open beta (cause this map looks sick)

But if i was you, I would not do it. Cause the map would basicly be spoiled for the players. And no one will be looking forward too play it after. Unless you remap the whole map or add a LOT more features. Also i think u should give to a selected few. Like may a draw or something.

Just my thoughts  :)
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Projects:
CPH (Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital) - Map Testing
Raze - Map Testing
JadenSzewczak's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
JadenSzewczak's Contact & Social LinksKazcwezsjadenszewczakszwczk
not to an open beta. this sopils the surprises and makes it harder to have players with the same versions. itll become like bridge V1.8
i unfortunately have to agree with this. the entire experience of the map is damaged from letting the public play an early and incomplete version. it will leave a small amount of confusion with people upon actual release and any updates after that. it's always best to just test and polish the crap out of your map for 1.0 :(
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
If you are the type of person that views a beta release as "spoiling" the map then don't play it or look at photos in the topic(we have a utility for posting spoilers even so). I don't see how users could get confused at a map posted in the WIP section as a beta vs a map posted in the releases with a different mod name which is beta specific, disallowing people with the beta version to play with users with the release build. The advantages of posting an open beta are QA related. More testers = higher degree of assurance for your content. Of course it's fine to have a couple of people take a look at it but if you have lots of people looking and likely playing coop you are much more likely to discover problems faster and be able to differentiate user error from mapper error. Just my two cents, take it as you will.
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
No open beta unless you plan on blocking off a lot of the map. What's the point of a beta if you're getting almost the entire experience. :) Just work hard on the map don't put any deadline and release when ready!:D
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
No open beta unless you plan on blocking off a lot of the map. What's the point of a beta if you're getting almost the entire experience. :) Just work hard on the map don't put any deadline and release when ready!:D

ya, the map is nowhere near completion, just would like to state that
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
chromastone10's Groups

Im thinking of like TMG Skyland and how they did the beta, most of the map is unfinished, like, I havent added everything, the beta will be limited, and a door that you see thats just a model now will be an entire new area in the final version, and im posting the beta here not in the releases section :P :)
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.

Im thinking of like TMG Skyland and how they did the beta, most of the map is unfinished, like, I havent added everything, the beta will be limited, and a door that you see thats just a model now will be an entire new area in the final version, and im posting the beta here not in the releases section :P :)
That's pointless because the new area you add after the beta would not get tested, which defeats the entire purpose of a beta. Just keep it closed and choose some people who are good at finding bugs.
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
chromastone10's Groups
That's pointless because the new area you add after the beta would not get tested, which defeats the entire purpose of a beta. Just keep it closed and choose some people who are good at finding bugs.

what about hobo ville?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
what about hobo ville?
What about it? To me it's common sense that if you dont give the beta testers the full map then the full map doesn't get tested... if you aren't going to test the full map you might as well not test it at all because it could be just as broken either way.
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
chromastone10's Groups
What about it? To me it's common sense that if you dont give the beta testers the full map then the full map doesn't get tested... if you aren't going to test the full map you might as well not test it at all because it could be just as broken either way.

now that I think about it, its not a "beta" so to speak, more of a demo so I can get general feedback from the community before the final release
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
now that I think about it, its not a "beta" so to speak, more of a demo so I can get general feedback from the community before the final release
They should be giving you feedback on the whole map.
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
How would this become Bridge if he did a beta, Bridge has 50 versions clearly because lack of sufficient testing, I think he should do a closed beta when he thinks the map is done
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
fatboypro's Groups
fatboypro's Contact & Social Links
I think you should do a beta but maybe only have a few people in the beta. Also I noticed I noticed that the ray gun mark 2 was on the weapon list does it have real anims and FX?

Loading ...