Created 9 years ago
by Deleted User
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
after careful thought and talking to some other mappers i have decided that i'm going to remove this map from the contest, because of game breaking bugs and too much stress to complete before the deadline. thus i will release the map at a later date but not as a contest submission. originally this map was just created on a whim to stay in the contest after HHS got disqualified for obvious reasons, HHS will be released on a later date as well. this map has been a pain to make and is just not worth continuing for the contest. I apologize to any who may have been looking forward to this map. but have no fear it will be released later. Sign elykson343

The Ideal place i would like to go is into my own mind.

I have decided to name the map "Its All in Your Head".

Progress: 55%

total posters: 73 added
 total rooms: 92 added
 total zones: 92 added

Spoiler: click to open...

i have put the model in game.

I have decided to use my air cannons that i had made for my applied physics course at Idaho State University as models for EE weapons.
This first one is the first one i made for my class. the weapon in game will probably be single shot with different firing modes.

This is a more refined version that i made for fun and was fully automatic/semi automatic and used a door bell and a clock timer to release electrical pulses depending on how long i held the doorbell down. it was capable of firing up to 50 rounds on a single air tank. i'm considering implementing an air tank system on top of the ammo system, but i'm not sure at this time.

i added a slide to make the spawning in a little more interesting

CLICK THE HIDDEN TEXT BELOW FOR BACKSTORY

The backstory is based on the Many Worlds Theory that every possibility, has happened and is happening in an alternate dimension parallel to our own dimension. This is an alternate story for the group where they were supposed to go back in time to the excavation site and stop the outbreak from happening but through complications ended up in Kino Der Toten.

The backstory opens up to the group as they are just escaping from the theatre.
(I may turn this sequence into a 3D CG animation and have it as a single player loading screen.)
Chapter 1: The Boy
"Why did we end up in that hell whole of a theater. We were supposed to end up at the excavation sight." said Dempsey angrily.
"This technology is still new to us. just be glad we didn't disintegrate or something". replied Richtofen.
"Yeah like group 928. they didn't even teleport they just turned to ash on the pad". replied Takeo.
"let us just be glad we didn't end up in a grave yard or something. At least this place had a bar." said nicolai optimistically.
"yeah, yeah, whatever lets just get to the rondevu point and get out of here." said Dempsey. The group begins walking down the street on alert for any zombies hiding inside of the buildings.  They get about 300 yards, when all of a sudden they here something. "What was that." yelled takeo. "Be quiet you dolt. It could be one of those things" hissed Dempsey. the group goes silent and form a circle, all on alert. several seconds go by before they here it again. "The sound came from over there." said Nicolai pointing towards a building a little down the street. the group look at each other then by mutual understanding. Ready their weapons. with Dempsey in the lead they quietly walk towards the building. the building had a sign on the front that had writing in russian. Роллинг тундра (The Rolling Tundra) "A Pub, sweet maybe they have some vodka." said Nicolai. "So who wants to go in with me" Dempsey asked. The others fall silent, a few moments pass and finally Dempsey speaks "Fine you pansies i guess ill go alone." He turns and begins walking towards the Pub. "Wait we can't have you dying so i'll go with you, besides i need to get some booze anyway" said Nicolai. "Thanks i guess. you two stay out here and watch for any freak bags that were following us. If something happens don't follow just run. If we don't return in 30 minutes leave we'll meet you at the rondevu point if we don't return by the scheduled time, don't hesitate teleport to the next area." Richtofen and Takeo nod their heads in agreement. Nicolai and Dempsey enter through the front door. They are on complete alert aiming and ready to kill at a moments notice. They come to a split in the hallway they exchange glances and Nicolai takes the left and Dempsey takes the right. Dempsey begins checking doors that he walks past finding nothing except old boxes and empty bottles. "Must've just been the wind knocking over a box or something" Dempsey mumbled to himself. Just as he said this he heard the floor boards behind him squeak readying his weapon he turns to see nothing except a shadow dissapearing down the hallway where he had just come.   Dempsey then begins his chase. he begins running after the shadow and yelled to Nicolai. "Coming towards you."  gaining on the shadow he begins to see the shadow more clearly. It appears to be a teen. Dempsey then yells to nicolai "Don't shoot its a civilian" As the boy rounds the corner. Dempsey hears "Gotcha" as Nicolai Grabs him. "let me go, I said let me go" the teen says. "stop your screaming boy, before you attract all the undead in the area." said Nicolai while firmly grasping the boys arm. As Dempsey comes to the fork he hears gunshots from outside the store.

[
Chapter 2: Bad Memories

"They better hurry up, I don't like this place on the street. If we get trapped here it will spell our doom." mumbled Richtofen to himself. "Yes this place. My ancestors tell me its dangerous here." proclaimed Takeo in agreement. "You are quite fond of your lineage. You even sometimes yell IN THE NAME OF MY ANCESTORS while fighting." said Richtofen" Yes our Ancestors are the base of our culture." Explained Takeo  "Is this normal to do in the Japanese Military" said richtofen. "Do what" asked Takeo "proclaim your ancestors whenever you fight" asked Richtofen "yes, is this a problem for you" challenged Takeo. "No, i was just wondering" says Richtofen. "what about you and your obsession with blood and SHTABBING" asked Takeo. The two continue to talk about themselves when they hear a garbage can tip over in an alley way, on the opposite side of the street. The two go completely silent and ready their weapons. A moment goes by before Richtofen says "I'll go check it out you cover me." Takeo nods in agreement. Richtofen quietly begins crossing the street. As he approaches the alley way Richtofen begins to hears something. He slows and continues, as he gets closer the noise gets louder and clearer. He reaches the building apposite the Pub. The sound is loud and clear. The sound is something inhuman, Fear begins to over take him as he slowly steps toward the alley way. He reaches the corner of the building and stops. He is now breathing heavily, his heart is pounding, he can feel it in his head. He can hear it now, this is the sound of a beast, memories flash before his eyes of Samantha and Maxis. He knows what it is. But he won't Believe it, He can't, Because, he killed, it at the factory. He has to know, He has to be sure. With a burst of energy and a yell he leaps around the corner. The noise has now stopped. Fluffy is nowhere to be seen. Instead there is a horde of Nova 6's. "Scheiße(shit)" He yells. And hears gunshots behind him. He turns to see a horde of zombies running down the street, Takeo is shooting at them. He sprints towards Takeo. The Novas begin to give chase. Richtofen turns and begins firing. he kills one in the front it falls and explodes stunning a few of the ones in the front. meanwhile Takeo kills one of the zombies running towards them it falls and causes the others behind it to trip. Richtofen and Takeo begins running toward the opposite end of the street, but they see more zombies coming from that direction. The only way left is into the pub. they enter the pub and are surprised to see Nicolai holding the arm of a young boy.

chapter 3: It's All in My Head
Dempsey sees Richtofen and Takeo running towards them. Before he can say anything Takeo turns and throws a grenade down the hallway towards the entrance. As he does this a horde of novas comes to the entrance. "What the hell happened out there" Dempsey yells with the explosion of the grenade in the background. "no time to explain we need to hide." yelled Richtofen. "Dempsey grab the boy. Follow me there is a storage room back this way." Says Nicolai. Depsey pick ups the boy and begins and they begin running, following Nicolai. At the end of the hallway Dempsey can see a large double door. as the group reaches the end Nicolai holds the doors open and watches makes sure the group goes in first. He glances back to see the horde starting to come down the hallway he then closes the doors. He and the rest of the group begin sliding boxes and tables in front of the doors. and then lean against it. in the back ground the boy is completely silent. And is frozen in place. The undead on the other side of the door are pounding on the door. After a while they stop and the group lets out a sigh of relief. they then turn around to see the boy sitting in the fetal position rocking back and forth and mumbling. The group approaches him. and Dempsey is the first to speak "hello My name is Dempsey and this is Nicolai, Richtofen, and the funny looking one is Takeo." "Excuse me-" yells Takeo but is cut off by the Dempsey. "We are not going to hurt you. We will help you in any way we can." Says Dempsey while walking slowly towards the boy. A he gets closer he can here what the boy is saying. "It's all in my head. It's all in my head. It's all in my head. It's all in my head. It's all in my head. It's all in my head. It's all in my head. It's all in my head." as Dempsey approaches he gets louder. Dempsey stops when he is close enough to touch him. At this time the boy is screaming. Dempsey reaches out and touches the boy on his shoulder. on contact the boy goes silent. he looks up at Dempsey, smiles an inhuman smile and yells "it's all in your head." upon hearing these words Dempsey and the group feel a shock of pain shoot through their bodies. The boy stands up and begins chanting again screaming. the words It's all in your head. With each time they hear it more pain shoots through their bodies. covering their ears does nothing oddly they can still hear. World around them start spinning, they can't see straight. Dempsey can hear the others screaming in pain. he begins to lose consciousness and the last thing he hears is It's all in your head.
Date Registered: 23 April 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Signature
Money isn't everything but everything has a price
Eternal_Fire's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Eternal_Fire's Contact & Social Links
The contest states that the map has to be your ideal place to go in a zombie apocalypse, is this where you would like to go  :please:
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
The contest states that the map has to be your ideal place to go in a zombie apocalypse, is this where you would like to go  :please:
Maybe a colourful box is his happy place?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Maybe a colourful box is his happy place?
Like a cat. on LSD.   :derp:

(Op, I'd reccomend using custom weapons or you'll be missing what most/all the rest of the maps have)
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87

(Op, I'd reccomend using custom weapons or you'll be missing what most/all the rest of the maps have)
He is. :poker: Didn't you see his scoped Colt?
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt

You can thank me later :D
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
Man, I knew I shouldve stayed away from my dads stash this morning.  :nyan: :troll:
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser

i love colorful maps cause im colorblind and it makes it easier to discern colors and objects. and the furry posters and DJ s3rl songs are pretty much my life so yes this is my ideal place to hide out in. this map is pretty much a rave in a nut shell with less naked people

Double Post Merge: July 13, 2015, 03:06:13 am
You can thank me later :D

can you send me a link to a reliable custom weapons. but i have heavily edited a few of the basic weapons.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
i love colorful maps cause im colorblind and it makes it easier to discern colors and objects. and the furry posters and DJ s3rl songs are pretty much my life so yes this is my ideal place to hide out in. this map is pretty much a rave in a nut shell with less naked people

That just proves its a place "you would like to go and have fun" not "the most appropriate place you can find in the case of the apocalypse"
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 10 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
That just proves its a place "you would like to go and have fun" not "the most appropriate place you can find in the case of the apocalypse"
I don't think that the contest rules for theme are meant to be followed to the absolute letter. By that logic any map not taking place in a 10,000-foot-deep bunker stockpiled with guns and food would be invalid, as any other map really isn't the best place you'd want to be in. Half the maps on the WiP board are already either far-fetched or fictional. And besides, why wouldn't you want to die surrounded by what you enjoy?

Unless you have as much authority in the contest as Tom or Trem (in which case I revoke my statement) I think it's best to let the hosts judge what's allowed?
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
oh i know, was just pointing out the logic lol

Id like to hold up in subway (The sandwich place) but still think the pentagon would be a better choice lol

lol and no - no authority - was just "trying" to be funny. Guess it failed
Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:50:53 am by Harry Bo21
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser

Id like to hold up in subway (The sandwich place) but still think the pentagon would be a better choice lol

dont worry i understood your point. and even if my map was disqualified for it i still would have uploaded the map anyway.
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 10 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime

Sorry, sarcasm is difficult to detect through the interwebs  :P

Oh and btw, if shit ever does hit the fan and you decide to hide out in a Subway, seriously, don't eat the spinach, even if you're starving.

Last time I had spinach on a Subway sandwich, I got the flu. Heard they don't wash it properly  :-\
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I beat the two foot long subs challenge my wife proposed yesterday - easy ;)

lol and NOTHING is being disqualified, lol, joke gone terribly wrong lol
Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 05:44:41 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 20 April 2015
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
cruncher2381's Groups
cruncher2381's Contact & Social Linkscruncher2381cruncher2381
This map looks pretty awesome from the screenshots. Also WHO WOULD THINK OF A SCOPED FULL AUTO COLT!!!??? THAT IS AWESOME!  I cant wait till you finish it. :rainbow:
Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 03:07:22 pm by lukkie1998

Loading ...