Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
BuIlDaLiBlE's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
So here goes another one. There is actually pretty good amount of things fixed in Black Ops and even more in Black Ops II. In WaW zombies can still kill you even if the nuke is active. What actual workaround can be implemented here? Enabling godmode for all players is okay but still not that good (but it will be better than what's in WaW so that'll do it).
The best will be to make all zombies act like in BO: they just won't bite. I believe that can be done, someone please share the knowledge!  :nyan:
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
So here goes another one. There is actually pretty good amount of things fixed in Black Ops and even more in Black Ops II. In WaW zombies can still kill you even if the nuke is active. What actual workaround can be implemented here? Enabling godmode for all players is okay but still not that good (but it will be better than what's in WaW so that'll do it).
The best will be to make all zombies act like in BO: they just won't bite. I believe that can be done, someone please share the knowledge!  :nyan:
easiest way would be to find this

Animscripts/melee.gsc

And put a check for the nuke in there to by pass their melee

However in both bo1 and 2 they still hit you actually - however they will not hit the "host"

Same as clients can still get points for shooting them during this time - but the host cant
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
BuIlDaLiBlE's Groups
However in both bo1 and 2 they still hit you actually - however they will not hit the "host"
W0t?  :o
Never noticed that, maybe 'cuz I like hosting all the time, but still.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
W0t?  :o
Never noticed that, maybe 'cuz I like hosting all the time, but still.
yea, but it's prob better the way you "want" it so would be cool to do that

Just need a if / else statement and a check for the nuke being active in the right spot

If ( nuke == true )
    Continue;

Something to that effect anyway
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
BuIlDaLiBlE's Groups
Just need a if / else statement and a check for the nuke being active in the right spot

If ( nuke == true )
    Continue;

Something to that effect anyway
I'll see what I can do. Just not sure if "nuke" from _zombiemode_powerups will be seen here, nor I currently have any idea where to place a check.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I'll see what I can do. Just not sure if "nuke" from _zombiemode_powerups will be seen here, nor I currently have any idea where to place a check.
yea you'll need to add that

Just go in the nuke function and do something like

Level.nuke_active = true;

At the start of the function then

Level.nuke_active = undefined;

At the end

Then in your if statement do

If ( isdefined( level.nuke_active ) && level.nuke_active )
    Continue;

Marked as best answer by BuIlDaLiBlE 8 years ago
Date Registered: 30 December 2012
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
My preferred name is "xSanchez78".
Check me out here: www.steamcommunity.com/id/xSanchez78
alaurenc9's Groups
alaurenc9's Contact & Social LinksxSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78
In BO1's nuke function, it gets all the zombies that are 'nukeable' ( meaning they aren't marked for death, they don't have a nuke damage function defined on them, and their magic bullet shield isn't enabled ). If the zombie passes all three of those checks, it defines two things on it ( zombie.nuked = true; and zombie.marked_for_death = true; ), and adds the zombie to the array of zombies_nuked. And then in that second 'for' loop it goes through those zombies and kills them all slowly like WaW. The marked_for_death variable is what stops players from being able to get points when shooting the zombie, but I couldn't find any place where the nuked variable stops players from being hit. So I'll look into this some more because I want this for my mod too, and I'll let you know.

Oh ok I found it. I was looking under the 'nuked' variable but I found it using the other one. So in the zombie_melee animscript ( there are separate animscripts for zombies in BO1 ) it has a simple check to end the function when this is called. I'll update my scripts and paste them here.

Here I made a tutorial: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11824.0.html
Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 02:02:19 pm by alaurenc9
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
You could also do something much simpler to prevent zombies from attacking players while getting nuked, and play one of the board taunt animations on all the zombies that will get nuked. During this animation they will not attack the players, and could be a cool custom twist, like they feel inside they are getting nuked and about to self combust! lol I use something similar in my electric cherry, when it doesn't kill them, something like this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
self animscripted("nukeme", self.origin, self.angles, level._zombie_board_taunt["zombie"][randomint(6)]);

Adding this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	for (i = 0; i < zombies.size; i++){
zombies[i] animscripted("nukeme", zombies[i].origin, zombies[i].angles, level._zombie_board_taunt["zombie"][randomint(6)]);
}

after this in your zombiemode_powerups.gsc, nuke_powerup function:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
        //find the line below and paste the above after it like this
zombies = get_array_of_closest( drop_item.origin, zombies );
for (i = 0; i < zombies.size; i++){
zombies[i] animscripted("nukeme", zombies[i].origin, zombies[i].angles, level._zombie_board_taunt["zombie"][randomint(6)]);
}

May suffice.

Edit:

Fully tested this in coop, makes zombies look like they have some time of internal pain, then pop goes their heads and they die, on fire

Code Snippet
Plaintext
//add this below zombies = get_array_of_closest( drop_item.origin, zombies ); in the nuke_powerup function
array_thread( zombies,::NukeThem );

//and add this somewhere in that gsc
NukeThem(){
self endon( "death" );
while(1){
self animscripted("nukeme", self.origin, self.angles, level._zombie_board_taunt["zombie"][randomint(6)]);
self waittill("nukeme");
wait(.05);//just to be safe
}
}

for double nuke points, change this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
players[i].score += 400;
players[i].score_total += 400;

to this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
players[i].score += (400 * level.zombie_vars["zombie_point_scalar"]);
players[i].score_total += (400 * level.zombie_vars["zombie_point_scalar"]);
Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 01:00:16 am by MakeCents
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
You could also do something much simpler to prevent zombies from attacking players while getting nuked, and play one of the board taunt animations on all the zombies that will get nuked. During this animation they will not attack the players, and could be a cool custom twist, like they feel inside they are getting nuked and about to self combust! lol I use something similar in my electric cherry, when it doesn't kill them, something like this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
that would look pretty cool

It's how I did my cherry too - I used the one where the grab their head and scream
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
that would look pretty cool

It's how I did my cherry too - I used the one where the grab their head and scream

Yeah, I did that for the boss fight, and the special zombies that explode, I think that is 2, (%ai_zombie_taunts_9)
Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:22:36 pm by MakeCents

Loading ...