Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Ok someone has gotta know "something" about this bug, its infuriating

My wunderfizz, pack a punch and mystery box were animating fine before, since i had my crash and reinstalled the mod tools - they now are not, nor are the dogs - at least they are not for clients

However, my portals and soul chests and AI stuff is all animating just fine

I managed to get the wunderfizz anims to work in another script on both client and host, but then i tried changing my old wunderfizz script to use the new anim tree - then both stop working

any help would be appreciated guys, without then my BO2 mod will surely die as this is the same god damn issue I KEEP running into and it ruins the best features i added...

example of something i tried as a test

Code Snippet
Plaintext
#include maps\_utility; 
#include common_scripts\utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_utility;

#using_animtree( "test_tree" );

init()
{
PrecacheModel( "anim_test_model" );
level thread setup();
}

setup()
{
ent = getEnt( "animtest", "targetname" );
        ent thread animtesting();
}

animtesting()
{
wait 1;
while( 1 )
{
self UseAnimTree( #animtree );
wait_network_frame();
wait_network_frame();
wait_network_frame();
self setAnim( %test_anim );
wait_network_frame();
wait getAnimLength( %test_anim );
}
}

its also worth noting its not just me this effects, the dog issue happens to loads of people and weve had this issue on maps ive worked on ( oil rig, nacht reimagined, encampment )

only info ive found : http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_List_Of_Animations
Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:11:47 am by Harry Bo21
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
That's a recursive loop you never call the anim function  :please:

Also "threadd" what?
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:45:02 pm by DidUknowiPwn
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
That's a recursive loop you never call the anim function  :please:

Also "threadd" what?
its not, and it does play the anim - just not for clients

what i mean is, if i thread my wunderfizz script, this one stops animating for clients and so does the wunderfizz entities

any error you see in the script is me copying it over, not with the actual code im using

if i unthread the wunderfizz script, this model animates fine, or if i comment this line from wunderfizz script :

Code Snippet
Plaintext
#using_animtree( "wunderfizz" );

it also works fine

but i need that line to call the anims on the wunderfizz in its own script, add it - poof, no anims for clients

corrected the code above
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:31:29 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 30 December 2012
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
My preferred name is "xSanchez78".
Check me out here: www.steamcommunity.com/id/xSanchez78
alaurenc9's Groups
alaurenc9's Contact & Social LinksxSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78
Here, to be nice, I thought up some small little things you might wanna try:

#1: Put all animations into the same animtree.
#2: Use SetAnim instead of AnimScripted.
#3: Only call UseAnimTree once.
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:39:10 pm by alaurenc9
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Here, to be nice, I thought up some small little things you might wanna try:

#1: Put all animations into the same animtree.
#2: Use SetAnim instead of AnimScripted.
#3: Only call UseAnimTree once.
1 & 2 tried

3 is already only being called once
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Overrun
Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
Dukip is correct, you are recursively calling setup instead of calling animtesting
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Dukip is correct, you are recursively calling setup instead of calling animtesting
well either way thats not the code im using it was just a example

this is effecting 4 different things, not the one test script i posted

4 things that work fine in another map

corrected the issue above, but please remember this is "client only", not completely wrong code lol, that was just a typo
Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:12:21 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
You may have to post the code man. I presume the code is fine, but anyway, I had issue the other day where everyone's fx and anims stopped working except for the host. The forth player didn't work, the third player experienced it next with texture issues, and the 2 player started getting it around round 9. I found an fx that was supposed to be oscillating, but it was on solid pretty much, like  a looping fx being called over and over again, even though it wasn't, I'm pretty sure cause it wasn't printing again, but who knows. Anyway, I commented out that fx, and everything worked again. Not sure if your issue at all, but something else to think about.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
this issue is getting fucking ridiculous

I fix one thing, all good, add in some more, still working fine

a little further down the line - suddenly everything stops animating for client

now im all for retracing my steps - but i end up removing every single thing in my mod before it works normally again, and even then the dogs are still fucked

start adding it back in again all good - suddenly BOOM, no anims again

Its literally driving me up the wall now

Giving it till the end of the day, if this bull doesnt co-operate by then im just fu%$£ng the whole thing off... my best stuff was my animated stuff...

Ive tried everything that has been suggested, including messages i recieved from stuffy and coddmodd - everythime i think im on to something - BOOM. Everything stop again right back to square one...
Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:36:35 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Finally had some luck with this issue, just doing some more testing with prorevenge

If it works out I'll come update here, seemed to be caused by a combination or errors if I'm right - at least one of which was a gsc mismatch
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Finally had some luck with this issue, just doing some more testing with prorevenge

If it works out I'll come update here, seemed to be caused by a combination or errors if I'm right - at least one of which was a gsc mismatch

I think I said this before but if I didn't:
I was modding dead ship one time my friends and I were playing, testing out a script. They didn't have the script, but it still worked, but during dog rounds the dogs skated and didn't delete, lol. So I removed that script and just added the code to an existing gsc, and it worked fine. So having a gsc that another doesn't have messes stuff up for sure.

Just curious, do you have everything working with developer_script 1 running? And did you add iprints to all your while loops and for loops where fx and animations are involved to see if something is being spammed or not running in your logfile?

Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 09:21:46 pm by MakeCents
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I think I said this before but if I didn't:
I was modding dead ship one time my friends and I were playing, testing out a script. They didn't have the script, but it still worked, but during dog rounds the dogs skated and didn't delete, lol. So I removed that script and just added the code to an existing gsc, and it worked fine. So having a gsc that another doesn't have messes stuff up for sure.

Just curious, do you have everything working with developer_script 1 running? And did you add iprints to all your while loops and for loops where fx and animations are involved to see if something is being spammed or not running in your logfile?
that sounds similar to what i found here actually,, same was true of if the client didnt have the anim tree

but strangely, my powerups script caused it too, ended up commenting out the script entirely - still happened

so renamed it

zombiemode_powerups_new

client bug went away

few other things i think cause it too, like not doing something stuffy and coddmodd mentioned mentioned for one

Hey man, it's prob not the solution but i guess at this point you're willing to try everything. Have you tried setting it up with the level.scr_anim array?

Precache all anims like this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	level.scr_anim[ "mdl_animated" ][ "anim_type1" ] = %my_anim;
level.scr_anim[ "mdl_animated" ][ "anim_type2" ] = %my_other_anim;

level.scr_anim[ .animname ][ anim-id ] = % xanim-name;

Then you give all ents an .animname that matches above ( "mdl_animated" in this case ), and assign an animtree ofc like normal.
Then you could try some functions from the _anim.gsc like anim_single or anim_loop etc..
Like i said, it's prob not the solution but worth a try maybe ( if you havent allready )

I also think, if you have a missing anim in the anim tree that might also cause it, i had two anims i forgot were commented, took them out as well to fix it "again"

so yea seems to be a massive combination of things

Mismatched files
Missing anims
Missing anim trees on the clients side
Not precaching anims into level.scr_anim[]
also i at no point did model.animname = "ANIMTREENAME";, i only did using_animtree( whatever )
and for some reason, the powerups script - even when it was completely empty?

hopefully this helps people in the future, i sat here for like 15 hours with a portable hard drive,, a PC and a laptop ( and onne seriously annoyed wife by 5 am lol )
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha

hopefully this helps people in the future, i sat here for like 15 hours with a portable hard drive,, a PC and a laptop ( and onne seriously annoyed wife by 5 am lol )

Yeah been there. Lol. External hard drive? For transferring map files? I made a home group and just copy the files over the network. Works decent if you can do that. I do a lot of coop testing that way, constantly.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Yeah been there. Lol. External hard drive? For transferring map files? I made a home group and just copy the files over the network. Works decent if you can do that. I do a lot of coop testing that way, constantly.
should have done that really but was really hoping it wouldn't take that long, was already in the flow by then lol

Still need to check my dogs but yea everything else is working

So big thank you to all you guys, coddmodd and mr stuffy too :)

Loading ...