Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

One Life Controversy

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by Deleted User

Poll

Question: What do you think is this a good idea, a bad one, or do you think this game should be remvoed form steam entirely?

Good
8 (61.5%)
Bad
2 (15.4%)
Get that S**t outta here
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: February 27, 2016, 06:45:19 pm

• DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
There is a game on the steam greenlight called One Life that is creating quite stir in the gaming community. This is a MMFPS open world survival game. (thats a mouthful) the game costs 10 dollars, and as the title says you have one life. When you die you are banned from the game and con no longer log into the game, you are dead forever. This game is a big deal right now, because of player thinking this is a cash scam, or a haven fr hackers, among other things.

Here is the steam topic, what do you think, good idea bad idea. Post your thoughts.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534994203

Keep the discussion to the game and not about personal dilemmas between your peers. Thank you
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
In my opinion, spending 10 dollars, to then be killed after an hour is your own fault. I like the idea though, although I doubt I'll get the game. :please: This means that people that are afraid of wasting money because they're not that good at games will stay away, in fear or dying, so it'll be more experienced people in the game. I like it though, it's more realistic. Can imagine seeing reaction videos to people dying in the game though. :please:
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
I personally like the idea and i will definitely give it a chance at launch day. If I die I die that's my fault, for not being good at the game.
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
I personally like the idea and i will definitely give it a chance at launch day. If I die I die that's my fault, for not being good at the game.

As long as people won't be using hacks etc to kill others, rendering their purchase of the game a waste, it seems promising. It would be a major issue.
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
I'm a fan of the idea because it's more realistic and brings real life into perspective. But everyone makes mistakes, so I think it's a waste of money. It's like playing a Chuckie Cheese's arcade game you know you won't win. Probably won't be giving it a try, but I do admit, it's a genius way for some developers to make a lot of money.  :troll: If anything, I think the game should be taken to a privately owned website, but that's just my thought.
Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 07:05:43 pm by Xperience
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
The idea seems pretty interesting, the game does look pretty nice, but hackers will definitely come and ruin it, I guarantee it.
As long as you can buy multiple copies and get them at a lower price, I would definitely play it though.
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
My idea is, allow users to rebuy a life for $3 or something, so the game doesn't take up space in Steam without rendering itself useless when you've died?
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
As far as I know there has already been a quite similar game on steam where you could re-buy it for the full price to play again.
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
Ugh, no go for me if you can rebuy lives. I mean really? Might as well make the game F2P and just sell them lol. It'd be the definition of P2W anyway. If people insist on a respawn system, just set it on a 7 day timer. Punishing, but you can still play the game. And then you don't have to spend some ridiculous sum to keep the game going either.

Anyway, I think the concept is fantastic if it's not just your typical Russian bait-and-switch Greenlight scam. It'd be fascinating to see how people treat each other when killing them is the literal equivalent of stealing $10 from them, lol.

Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:21:27 pm by ShotgunRagtime
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Ugh, no go for me if you can rebuy lives. I mean really? Might as well make the game F2P and just sell them lol.

I agree. I'd like a new "feed" of players if I played. The 7 day trial deal would be pretty interesting, but I'm not sure how long it would last before people found other ways to "cheat" the 7 day system. As of now, "One Life" has been greenlit for months (since October) now without word from Steam or the creator (who has been offline for 45+ days). Doesn't look like it's coming out anytime soon.

As far as I know there has already been a quite similar game on steam where you could re-buy it for the full price to play again.

What is this game you speak of, Alerion?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
As long as people won't be using hacks etc to kill others, rendering their purchase of the game a waste, it seems promising. It would be a major issue.
yeah iv'e been thinking about hackers be'n a problem for me. but From what the devs have been saying if you get killed in a suspicious way you can dispute the death with a admin and get revived. And also you can get revived because of connection or hardware issues.

Double Post Merge: February 07, 2016, 11:32:42 pm
My idea is, allow users to rebuy a life for $3 or something, so the game doesn't take up space in Steam without rendering itself useless when you've died?
The devs are toying with a seasonal revive mechanic. Kinda like a battle royal type thing, after the season ends the remaining players that are still alive get some kind of reward and all dead players respawn again.
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
Its probably like a free-roam Cod Multiplayer but If you die you have to start over in a different server (like a banning system) and after a certain time period you can go back but have to start over from the beginning
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Its probably like a free-roam Cod Multiplayer but If you die you have to start over in a different server (like a banning system) and after a certain time period you can go back but have to start over from the beginning

from what the devs were pointing at its like your steam account gets banned. so its not like servers, its your personal account being removed from the game forever.
Date Registered: 4 August 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MechromancerX's Groups
MechromancerX's Contact & Social Links
The devs are toying with a seasonal revive mechanic. Kinda like a battle royal type thing, after the season ends the remaining players that are still alive get some kind of reward and all dead players respawn again.

If the game get's a monthly reset it could be a huge hit. Seasonal seems to much imo, because i'm sure most of the people die within the first day/week and after that clans will exterminate eachother and the fun part will go more and more downhill i think.
No reset, so just 1 life game over seems a bad idea and just a scam in my eyes, even with rebuying considering the price. Would even call it something like gambling where you can get stuck in and destroy people for real over time.
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
I genuinely think that's one of the worst game ideas I've ever heard.

Seriously.

Loading ...