Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
good thing I was wrong
Normally you would be right but I decided to put it out 9 days early since there's been such a long gap :)
broken avatar :(
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 8 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Swag Commander ( ͡
Date Registered: 12 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
can you please change the "Press F to _____" to the xbox strings when xbox controller support is turned on

Actually, I was wondering about the same thing too.

In the PC version, say you replace the "Use" function with the X button on your controller. Instead of showing the X button like in the picture above, it just shows the "X" letter with a blue font.

Is it possible for you to add pictures of the buttons for commands (more like the picture shown above) when you have the 360 controller enabled with v1.1 of the UGX Mod?
Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:12:51 am by CyberMan1011
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 19 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
Actually, I was wondering about the same thing too.

(Image removed from quote.)

In the PC version, say you replace the "Use" function with the X button on your controller. Instead of showing the X button like in the picture above, it just shows the "X" letter with a blue font.

Is it possible for you to add pictures of the buttons for commands (more like the picture shown above) when you have the 360 controller enabled with v1.1 of the UGX Mod?
as far as i know, it's not possible to detect if the player is using a controller or not.
Swag Commander ( ͡
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
CyberMan1011's Groups
as far as i know, it's not possible to detect if the player is using a controller or not.

This probably won't mean anything, but I'll mention it anyway.

If you look around with the mouse while aiming at the zombies...of course, nothing happens lol.

But if you try doing that with a controller...the camera kinda locks on to them. Same thing if you try ADS-ing at them.

Do you suppose this could mean anything? Again, the example I gave above may or may not be irrelevant, but I just wanted to point it out.
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 19 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe

If you look around with the mouse while aiming at the zombies...of course, nothing happens lol.

But if you try doing that with a controller...the camera kinda locks on to them. Same thing if you try ADS-ing at them.

Do you suppose this could mean anything? Again, the example I gave above may or may not be irrelevant, but I just wanted to point it out.
the game itself may be able to detect it. what i was trying to tell is that i haven't seen anything in the scripts that's related to controllers.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.

That's just aim assist. And the aim assist settings are the same regardless of if a controller is in use or not because they are just dvars and weaponfile settings. The problem is not me knowing when the controller is in use - I rely on the user enabling the support for it in the UGX Mod Settings menu for that. The problem is that hintstrings are engine drawn and I cannot change how they appear without either making my own or changing the way everyone in the game sees them. I have made my own hintstrings but I still do not feel like adding in the support for an X button in them because as I've said previously in this topic I cannot tell if they have rebound it to something other than X. And frankly I don't think anyone is going to lose anything from not seeing the freaking X button on their hintstrings. They already get the bind name in it (and no I can't access that), I think that's enough.
Date Registered: 24 May 2014
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
youngmoney's Groups
youngmoney's Contact & Social Links
That's just aim assist. And the aim assist settings are the same regardless of if a controller is in use or not because they are just dvars and weaponfile settings. The problem is not me knowing when the controller is in use - I rely on the user enabling the support for it in the UGX Mod Settings menu for that. The problem is that hintstrings are engine drawn and I cannot change how they appear without either making my own or changing the way everyone in the game sees them. I have made my own hintstrings but I still do not feel like adding in the support for an X button in them because as I've said previously in this topic I cannot tell if they have rebound it to something other than X. And frankly I don't think anyone is going to lose anything from not seeing the freaking X button on their hintstrings. They already get the bind name in it (and no I can't access that), I think that's enough.
you could say the same thing for an A button following around the player in the main menu, but you still implemented it anyway... (youtube.com/watch?v=ZU6nVDzP1uU)

Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Projects:
CPH (Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital) - Map Testing
Raze - Map Testing
JadenSzewczak's Groups
JadenSzewczak's Contact & Social LinksKazcwezsjadenszewczakszwczk
you could say the same thing for an A button following around the player in the main menu, but you still implemented it anyway... (youtube.com/watch?v=ZU6nVDzP1uU)
Exactly.
Would be very cool too see implemented :D
Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:46:26 pm by JadenSzewczak
Swag Commander ( ͡
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
CyberMan1011's Groups

Isn't the A button the only button on a 360 controller that can open things and whatnot in the menu (Singleplayer, Options, Mods, etc.) in WaW?

If so, it would make sense to only put that A button picture for the main menu since no other button can open anything else...
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
You can't bind the A button to anything else  :kidding:
Isn't the A button the only button on a 360 controller that can open things and whatnot in the menu (Singleplayer, Options, Mods, etc.) in WaW?

If so, it would make sense to only put that A button picture for the main menu since no other button can open anything else...
Yep.
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
JadenSzewczak's Groups
JadenSzewczak's Contact & Social LinksKazcwezsjadenszewczakszwczk
You can't bind the A button to anything else  :kidding:
was not aware of this... :o
Swag Commander ( ͡
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
CyberMan1011's Groups
was not aware of this... :o

Perhaps you can bind the A button to something else if you open the config file for WaW (located in "*insert PC username here*\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\players\profiles\*your profile name*" and search for anything controller-related...

Not sure if that'll actually work, though. The only time I had to open the config file for controllers was when I wanted to bind the Y button to a function that the keyboard options didn't have :L
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
No, you can't rebind what controls are used for the menus. They are hardcoded.

Loading ...