Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
I do mods/maps for WaW and BO1.
Rollonmath42's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Rollonmath42's Contact & Social Linksrollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42
Introduction
Basically, you can create mods for Black Ops Zombie Maps through this method. You can only create however weapon/scripted mods, but not maps. Please be sure to follow ALL instructions provided, as you can cause your game to be stuck on your mod unless you do a Verify Integrity of Game Cache through Steam.

I have to give thanks to DidUKnowIPwn for discovering this method.
Update: Thanks to ConvictioNDR for finding the fix for the files for Kino; the mod.csv for it has been updated.

What You'll Need
~Call of Duty: Black Ops on Steam
~Call of Duty: Black Ops Mod Tools BETA
~An FF Extractor (Tom_Bmx's works perfect for this http://tom-crowley.co.uk/downloads/?id=11 )

Before Starting
BEFORE you begin, you will want to go to your Black Ops directory, then go to zone, then Common and create a backup of the _patch.ff of the map you want to create your mod for. If you want to make your mod for multiple maps, then you will have to make backups of each one.

These are the files that I am referring to above. The maps are as follows:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
zombie_coast ~ Call of the Dead
zombie_cod5_asylum ~ Verruct
zombie_cod5_factory ~ Der Riese
zombie_cod5_prototype ~ Nacht Der Untoten
zombie_cod5_sumpf ~ Shi No Numa
zombie_cosmodrome ~ Ascension
zombie_moon ~ Moon
zombie_pentagon ~ FIVE
zombie_temple ~ Shangri-La
zombie_theater ~ Kino Der Toten

ALSO, if you have not used the Mod Tools before and have just installed it, make sure to click on the Converter button in Launcher to convert any assets that may be necessary.

Creating the Mod
First thing you will want to do is open your FF Extractor (in this case I'm using Tom's) and extract the contents of the _patch.ff of the map you want to do your mod for. [NOTE: If you want to make your mod for more than one map, you will have to extract the files from each map's _patch.ff and do this process for each one separately.] For this example I am doing this for Kino Der Untoten, so I would extract the files from zombie_theater_patch.ff. When extracted, you should have a folder (if using Tom's) in the same directory as the _patch.ff that you extracted with its name, as shown here:

Next, copy the folders extracted and go to your "mods" folder and create a new folder called whatever you want. For this example, I was working on a mod with Titanfall weapons, so I called mine "zm_titanfall" as shown here:

From here, you create your mod as you normally would on Black Ops Multiplayer. For those of you who have done work on World at War (which I'm guessing most reading this have) it is fairly similar, although there are some differences. I'm planning on covering weapon porting/converting in a separate tutorial. Whenever you go to put your weapon files in your mod's folder, be sure to name them something that will be loaded in game without having to use some sort of external console (which is not allowed, and can risk a VAC ban, though I am not sure of Singleplayer having it). For this example, I decided to replace the wall weapons and beginning pistol, like this:

If you don't know the name of the weapon files for the weapons on the wall for Black Ops, they are as follow (NOTE: This list is for Kino Der Toten. Most of the other maps have the same ones or a few removed.):
Code Snippet
Plaintext
ak74u_zm ~ AK74u
claymore_zm ~ Claymore
ithaca_zm ~ Stakeout
m14_zm ~ M14
m16_zm ~ M16
m1911_zm ~ M1911
mp5k_zm ~ MP5K
mp40_zm ~ MP40
mpl_zm ~ MPL
pm63_zm ~ PM63
rottweil72_zm ~ Olympia

Once you are ready to compile your mod, open up Launcher (either from Steam or from the "bin" folder inside of the Black Ops Directory) and switch the mod to yours. Click on Zone Source. Notepad should open up with no text (if you have not created one/modified it yet). Here, include the weapon files and sound alias you are using (if needed). THEN YOU MUST also include the scripts that were extracted earlier at the beginning of the file. To make this easier for you, I went through each map and made a list of each script you need for whichever map you are doing your mod for:

zombie_coast
Code Snippet
Plaintext
rawfile,clientscripts\_zombiemode_ai_director.csc
rawfile,clientscripts\zombie_coast_ffotd.csc
rawfile,maps\_zombiemode_ai_director.gsc
rawfile,maps\_zombiemode_player_zipline.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_coast.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_coast_achievement.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_coast_ai_director.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_coast_amb.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_coast_eggs.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_coast_ffotd.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_coast_flinger.gsc

zombie_cod5_asylum
Code Snippet
Plaintext
rawfile,maps\zombie_cod5_asylum.gsc

zombie_cod5_factory
Code Snippet
Plaintext
rawfile,maps\zombie_cod5_factory_teleporter.gsc

zombie_cod5_prototype
Code Snippet
Plaintext
rawfile,maps\zombie_cod5_prototype.gsc

zombie_cod5_sumpf
Code Snippet
Plaintext
rawfile,animscripts\traverse\crouch_jump_down_40.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_cod5_sumpf.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_cod5_sumpf_magic_box.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_cod5_sumpf_perks.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_cod5_sumpf_zipline.gsc

zombie_cosmodrome
Code Snippet
Plaintext
rawfile,clientscripts\_zombiemode_weap_black_hole_bomb.csc
rawfile,clientscripts\zombie_cosmodrome.csc
rawfile,clientscripts\zombie_cosmodrome_ffotd.csc
rawfile,maps\_zombiemode_weap_black_hole_bomb.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_cosmodrome.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_cosmodrome_ai_monkey.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_cosmodrome_ffotd.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_cosmodrome_lander.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_cosmodrome_magic_box.gsc

zombie_moon
Code Snippet
Plaintext
rawfile,clientscripts\_zombiemode_equip_gasmask.csc
rawfile,clientscripts\_zombiemode_weap_black_hole_bomb.csc
rawfile,clientscripts\zombie_moon_fx.csc
rawfile,maps\_zombiemode_ai_astro.gsc
rawfile,maps\_zombiemode_ai_faller.gsc
rawfile,maps\_zombiemode_ai_quad.gsc
rawfile,maps\_zombiemode_equip_gasmask.gsc
rawfile,maps\_zombiemode_jump_pad.gsc
rawfile,maps\_zombiemode_weap_black_hole_bomb.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_moon.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_moon_achievement.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_moon_digger.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_moon_ffotd.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_moon_gravity.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_moon_teleporter.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_moon_wasteland.gsc

zombie_pentagon
Code Snippet
Plaintext
rawfile,clientscripts\zombie_pentagon_ffotd.csc
rawfile,maps\_zombiemode_ai_thief.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_pentagon.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_pentagon_elevators.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_pentagon_ffotd.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_pentagon_teleporter.gsc

zombie_temple
Code Snippet
Plaintext
rawfile,clientscripts\zombie_temple.csc
rawfile,maps\zombie_temple_ai_monkey.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_temple_elevators.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_temple_ffotd.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_temple_pack_a_punch.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_temple_spawning.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_temple_sq.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_temple_sq_brock.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_temple_sq_ptt.gsc

zombie_theater
Code Snippet
Plaintext
rawfile,clientscripts\zombie_theater_ffotd.csc
rawfile,clientscripts\zombie_theater_fx.csc
rawfile,maps\createart\zombie_theater_art.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_theater.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_theater_ffotd.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_theater_magic_box.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_theater_movie_screen.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_theater_teleporter.gsc

All you have to do is copy the lines of code from whichever map you are doing this mod for and paste it into your mod.csv, as shown here:

Save the mod.csv, and close it. Then tick in the IWD File List ONLY the "images" folder, "sound" folder, and "weapons" folder. Then tick under Build Mod "Link FastFile" and "Build IWD" and hit the "Build Mod" button. Once it finishes compiling, go to your mod's folder and make a copy of both the mod.ff and your IWD, as shown here:

Rename the copy of the mod.ff (mod - Copy.ff) to the map that your are modding's _patch.ff, so in my case I would use "zombie_theater_patch.ff". Rename your IWD to "iw_xx.iwd" (NOTE: xx represents any number past 41. The first 42 numbers [00 to 41] are used for the base game and DLC's IWDs, and you don't want to replace them.) BEFORE CONTINUING: Make sure you have made the backup of the _patch.ff of the map you are doing this mod for in your Black Ops Directory/zone/Common folder, or else your game will only load your .ff and will not let you play with others online.

Installing the Mod
First copy the IWD to your Black Ops Directory/main folder. It SHOULD NOT replace any IWDs that are in there already if named correctly. Then copy the _patch.ff from your mod's folder to your Black Ops Directory/zone/Common folder. It SHOULD replace the _patch.ff in there. Now simply run the game and your mod should now load when you play the game! Here are some screenshots of my mod and a video from DidUKnowIPwn's perspective, which I will link below. To install, you simply do what I said here in this section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDbyryhWN8I

Download link for my mod used in tutorial: https://www.mediafire.com/?2sc69dq44if03fo
Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:07:22 pm by Rollonmath42
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
Nice...this could bring some new life into Black Ops.
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ambiguous
sal24r's Groups
sal24r's Contact & Social LinksSal24rPasagatv
Very interesting, good!
Date Registered: 23 November 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Slayer Elite
Gabrielle's Groups
Gabrielle's Contact & Social LinksTutorialZoneNL
Sadly there's no way to create custom maps... would've been cool.

Anyways, it looks cool. What are those guns? Are they ghost guns?
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Rollonmath42's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Rollonmath42's Contact & Social Linksrollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42
Sadly there's no way to create custom maps... would've been cool.

Anyways, it looks cool. What are those guns? Are they ghost guns?

Titanfall.

Double Post Merge: August 16, 2014, 10:55:34 pm
Forgot about it before, I just added a co-op gameplay video DidUKnowIPwn did awhile back with me on the mod linked at the bottom. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDbyryhWN8I
Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:55:34 pm by Rollonmath42
Date Registered: 25 August 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Nosfrat's Groups
Nosfrat's Contact & Social Links
Hey guys. I can't believe that slowly but surely, BO zombies is becoming moddable... So I've tried this tutorial to change a weapon's stats, and nothing else. The only file in my mod is m1911_zm, which I tweaked to make fully automatic and start with full ammo, as a simple test. I followed the steps of the tutorial to the letter, and when I try to play the game, I get an error message during the loading screens, which tells me "server script compil error" or something like that without any additional information as to which file(s) cause a problem, and it tells me to "see console for details", which is obviously impossible as BO doesn't have a console.

I've downloaded this WIP mod and it works fine, so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I'm guessing that I need other files to go along with the stat file, maybe sounds or .iwi's or whatever (I don't know anything about modding beyond changing values), similar to Der Riese, where simply making a mod containing only weapons\sp\ would result in most weapons being replaced by the default weapon thing ingame... but which files, and where are they?

So my question is, what do I need to make and successfully load a mod that simply alters values in the weapons' stat files (like damage, firetime and such), without anything else (no custom sounds, no custom anims, no custom anything)?
Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:21:42 pm by Nosfrat
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Rollonmath42's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Hey guys. I can't believe that slowly but surely, BO zombies is becoming moddable... So I've tried this tutorial to change a weapon's stats, and nothing else. The only file in my mod is m1911_zm, which I tweaked to make fully automatic and start with full ammo, as a simple test. I followed the steps of the tutorial to the letter, and when I try to play the game, I get an error message during the loading screens, which tells me "server script compil error" or something like that without any additional information as to which file(s) cause a problem, and it tells me to "see console for details", which is obviously impossible as BO doesn't have a console.

I've downloaded this WIP mod and it works fine, so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I'm guessing that I need other files to go along with the stat file, maybe sounds or .iwi's or whatever (I don't know anything about modding beyond changing values), similar to Der Riese, where simply making a mod containing only weapons\sp\ would result in most weapons being replaced by the default weapon thing ingame... but which files, and where are they?

So my question is, what do I need to make and successfully load a mod that simply alters values in the weapons' stat files (like damage, firetime and such), without anything else (no custom sounds, no custom anims, no custom anything)?

Sorry for the late reply, didn't notice the post and my phone has been acting up lately .-.

Another person seems to have the same issue, so if I can fix it with them then I'll send you what is needed to fix the issue. If you just want to modify the weapon settings in the weapon file then you don't need anything other than the weapon file included in the mod.csv.

This is what I have used in the mod I linked:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
//EVA8
weapon,sp\rottweil72_zm
//G2A4
weapon,sp\m14_zm
//Hammond
weapon,sp\m1911_zm

//Soundalias
sound,default_rollonsguns

//Required Scripts - Kino Der Untoten
rawfile,clientscripts\zombie_theater_ffotd.csc
rawfile,clientscripts\zombie_theater_fx.csc
rawfile,maps\createart\zombie_theater_art.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_theater.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_theater_ffotd.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_theater_magic_box.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_theater_movie_screen.gsc
rawfile,maps\zombie_theater_teleporter.gsc
rawfile,maps\_zombiemode_weapons.gsc
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
IHammY/'s Groups
this kinda makes me curious... whered you get the anims and models for those guns?
Date Registered: 21 March 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
As the other person that was having the problem, I found that deleting
Code Snippet
Plaintext
from the csv made it work.

this kinda makes me curious... whered you get the anims and models for those guns?
Models are from Titanfall. Anims look like a mix between BO anims and some custom anims. Maybe even BO2 anims. Reload on the shotgun looks a lot like the HAMR.
Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:38:36 pm by ConvictioNDR
Date Registered: 25 August 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Nosfrat's Groups
Nosfrat's Contact & Social Links
As the other person that was having the problem, I found that deleting
Code Snippet
Plaintext
from the csv made it work.

Yep, it worked, thanks a lot everyone.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Rollonmath42's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I went ahead and updated the topic with the fix, thanks for the find ConvictioNDR.

I got the models from Titanfall Beta (I got the chance to partake in it) and the anims I modified original BO2/BO1 animations to use the sound and correct hand positions (EVA-8 using HAMR, G2A4 using M14, and Hammond using M1911). I've been planning for awhile to make a tutorial on how to get the models, but haven't gotten around to it .-.
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Psssttt.... You already have one. Quick, shamelessly plug your channel!
Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:58:02 am by MAK911
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Slayer Elite
Gabrielle's Groups
What the *************** is this?

It only happens if I put this in:

weapon,sp\stoner63_zm
weapon,sp\stoner63_upgraded_zm
Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:38:54 pm by JoshZombieBoy
Date Registered: 21 March 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
What the *************** is this?

(Image removed from quote.)

It only happens if I put this in:

weapon,sp\stoner63_zm
weapon,sp\stoner63_upgraded_zm
This tutorial only shows how to replace weapons already referenced by the scripts for the map. Last I checked, the stoner isn't in any zombie maps so you're going to have some extra steps to add it as it own weapon instead of replacing a weapon.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Slayer Elite
Gabrielle's Groups
This tutorial only shows how to replace weapons already referenced by the scripts for the map. Last I checked, the stoner isn't in any zombie maps so you're going to have some extra steps to add it as it own weapon instead of replacing a weapon.

I added it in _zombiemode_weapons.gsc and zombie_theater.gsc file, so I don't know why it wouldn't work..

Loading ...