UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

How would I go about making an M1216 weapon file?

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by lilrifa
Date Registered: 9 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
lilrifa's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
lilrifa's Contact & Social Linksskypeuser724lilrifalilrifa
I would like to have the M1216 in my mod, and I cannot figure out how to make it semi-automatic, let you shoot four shots, and then twist the thingy on it. Can anybody supply help?
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Cant be done in WaW. Not sure about BO1, but I think its not possible on that either. Closest would be setting it as 4-burst
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 8 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
Pretty sure it can be done by adding the twisting anim as the rechamber anim in the weapon file.
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Pretty sure it can be done by adding the twisting anim as the rechamber anim in the weapon file.

But that would be doing rechamber after all shots or after doing burst. In BO2 its bit different
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
lilrifa's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
But that would be doing rechamber after all shots or after doing burst. In BO2 its bit different
Hmm.. The weaponfile for bo2 has it set to Full-Auto..

Yeah, it seems to be impossible. It's set through shotCount in BO2, which I cannot find in any BO weaponfiles.

EDIT: shotCount is found in the stakeout's weaponfile
EDIT: It is actually set through shotsBeforeRechamber
Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:35:45 am by lilrifa
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Hmm.. The weaponfile for bo2 has it set to Full-Auto..

Yeah, it seems to be impossible. It's set through shotCount in BO2, which I cannot find in any BO weaponfiles.

EDIT: shotCount is found in the stakeout's weaponfile
EDIT: It is actually set through shotsBeforeRechamber

Isnt shotcount how many bullets are shot though? Like it needs to be like 8 for shotguns
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
lilrifa's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Isnt shotcount how many bullets are shot though? Like it needs to be like 8 for shotguns
Yeah, it is. I corrected myself. In BO2 it used shotsBeforeRechamber
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I can think of a couple ways it could be possible. (These are all guesses or ways I would try to get it to work)

Way 1, fake it:
Make your own animations:
Fire - Would look like it fired 4 times and then twist (adjust damage obviously for four shots)
Reload and Reload Empty - Both would remove clip, but I would make empty do something fun.

GSC Script:
Take 3 more ammo every time one is fired, ensuring the player never has ammo not a dividend of 4.

FX or CSC Script:
CSC method: Play 3 more flashes on barrel, when fired, maybe according to notetracks, or just timed with animation
FX method: make fx for this gun fire 4 times, timed out with animation.

Way 2, two weapon files:
Make it a 4 burst, and in gsc watch fire and watch clip ammo. After each 4 round fire, if the clip is > 0, force the reload on the second weapon file, which would be the twist anim. This will play very short, and may not finish the twist anim... :( but it might. Then have the normal reload on the first weapon just replace the whole clip/barrel.

Way 3, play fx
You could in theory make it a timed fx of the barrel turning after firing the 4 burst, and play through csc, I think. I bet that would be fun to set up though, lol.

...You might even be able to do something with a secondary weapon, but not sure about that one.
Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:47:34 pm by MakeCents
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I can think of a couple ways it could be possible. (These are all guesses or ways I would try to get it to work)

Way 1, fake it:
Make your own animations:
Fire - Would look like it fired 4 times and then twist (adjust damage obviously for four shots)
Reload and Reload Empty - Both would remove clip, but I would make empty do something fun.

GSC Script:
Take 3 more ammo every time one is fired, ensuring the player never has ammo not a dividend of 4.

FX or CSC Script:
CSC method: Play 3 more flashes on barrel, when fired, maybe according to notetracks, or just timed with animation
FX method: make fx for this gun fire 4 times, timed out with animation.

Way 2, two weapon files:
Make it a 4 burst, and in gsc watch fire and watch clip ammo. After each 4 round fire, if the clip is > 0, force the reload on the second weapon file, which would be the twist anim. This will play very short, and may not finish the twist anim... :( but it might. Then have the normal reload on the first weapon just replace the whole clip/barrel.

Way 3, play fx
You could in theory make it a timed fx of the barrel turning after firing the 4 burst, and play through csc, I think. I bet that would be fun to set up though, lol.

...You might even be able to do something with a secondary weapon, but not sure about that one.
I'm not sure you get how the M1216 works in BO2 though, it's full auto, and then after 4 shots it rechambers, so for example - if you want you can shoot only one shot, run around a bit, shoot another, etc, only after you've shot 4 times it rechambers, half of the ideas on that list already happen if you make it 4 round burst (which is how I had it). If you set it to 4 round burst, it shoots 4 times (duh) then rechambers, and after 3 bursts (so 16 shells) it reloads, that much is already possible in WAW.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Oh, I was going off some game play I watched where it exhausted all 4 each time it shot, rotated, and did that 4 times. Either way, I could prob get the 2nd method working, except making it auto or semi auto then. And maybe the third. Worse case I'd have to make more script to watch and switch out weapons. Difference would be re chamber then, vs the reload on the first weapon file.

Seven wants this in his map, so we will be attempting it eventually.
Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:56:59 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
i remember from the one-in-the-chamber thing i did in xmas-warehouse that when i used the ballista in the one-in-the-chamber challenge, it wouldn't use the rechamber anim.

What i did with that: The clipsize was set to 1, all the other stuff was just a normal bolt-action weapon-file. In that script, as soon as the weapon was fired i added a bullet throught the script again ( if it was a kill but that's not related ). This would work fine if you would keep track of the clip-size in the script and have one bullet in the actual clip of the gun. For the first two shots of the 'fake-clip' add a bullet again so it skips the rechamber, after the third shot you add two bullets so it will rechamber. only thing that would need to be fixed then is the HUD for the clip-count  ???
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
lilrifa's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
I'm gonna try your second one. I'll reply if it works
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Good luck! Blunts way is interesting to, and wouldn't be too hard to fix hud with dvars I guess.

I will reply as well, when we try then.
Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:19:13 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
lilrifa's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Good luck! Blunts way is interesting to, and wouldn't be too hard to fix hud with dvars I guess.

I will reply as well, when we try then.

I couldn't get it to work, but I'm not the best scripter in the world.
I tried this (I'm using the bo mod tools btw. The core of everything is almost identical):
Code Snippet
Plaintext
ithaca_check() {
self.ithaca_fires = 0;
for(;;) {
self waittill("weapon_fired");
if(self GetCurrentWeapon() == "ithaca_zm") {
if(self.ithaca_fires == 4) {
self IPrintLnBold("Ithaca Shot 4 Times!");
self GiveWeapon("ithaca_check_zm");
self ForceViewmodelAnimation("ithaca_check_zm", "reload");
wait(5);
self TakeWeapon("ithaca_check_zm");
self.ithaca_fires = 0;
}
else {
self.ithaca_fires++;
self IPrintLnBold("Ithaca Shot " + self.ithaca_fires + " Times");
}
}
}
}
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I would use the fire instead of reload, so put the twist anim in the fire anim spot of the second weapon file. Then don't give or take the second weapon. Just force the fire anim. No wait needed either. I assume your prints are working the way you think it should? Of course, without doing it myself, there are almost always little things I run into, but it looks decent enough to get some sort of result.

Loading ...