Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
JIGGLYPUFF used SING! YOU fell asleep!
Signature
Soy-Yo's Groups
Soy-Yo's Contact & Social LinksSoy-yoElCerdoRey
I've been getting an error in my map since about a month. The game just suddenly stops and crashes.
Looking it up, I've found that it's probably a maximum variable limit error.
I get this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
ent type 'entity'... count: 97, var usage: 1456
ent type 'hudelem'... count: 16, var usage: 82
ent type 'pathnode'... count: 0, var usage: 0
ent type 'vehiclenode'... count: 0, var usage: 0
count: 1, var usage: 7, endon usage: 3
@ 7152

// ...
// many lines like this
// and...

Unhandled exception caught

Com_TouchMemory: 0 msec. Using sum: -1633139027
At first, I associated this to the box because it always used to happen near it. But now I realised it has nothing to do with it (probably).
This last time I got the error when I cube started to move, don't know if it's related.

If it's a variable limit error, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to fix it. :-\
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I had this issue for a long time, even made a help-topic about it

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9437.0.html

Check the comments, they might help
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
World at war has an error message for var limit, so no that isn't the issue.

Edit

Could be some terrible scripting causing it. I would use dev mode. If that doesn't help,  you may have to play around with the scripts.
Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 03:47:32 pm by daedra descent
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I'm getting it too man. Usually it is caused by a looping function being called repeatedly, with vars in it, before it ends, or it never ends. My hudhintstring script did this, but I did not know it when I released it. Once you set the hintstring a couple thousand times, it would get that error. Who knew someone would set the hintstring a couple thousand times, lol. I have since moved on to menu hintstrings and have addressed that issue there, using dvars, I think. I still have to look for this issue yet in ORBiT scripts though, which when I do, I will be looking at while loops first.

The strange thing is I get it on other maps too. I got it on ZKs latest map on round 20 with 3 players. But I still figure it's his scripts, and nothing to do with my waw.

So if you find it, please let know. Also, probably check any script I helped with, it would be great if we kill two birds here.
Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 03:59:24 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 27 March 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
World at war has an error message for var limit, so no that isn't the issue.

Edit

Could be some terrible scripting causing it. I would use dev mode. If that doesn't help,  you may have to play around with the scripts.
Good to know it's not the var limit...

I'm getting it too man. Usually it is caused by a looping function being called repeatedly, with vars in it, before it ends, or it never ends. My hudhintstring script did this, but I did not know it when I released it. Once you set the hintstring a couple thousand times, it would get that error. Who knew someone would set the hintstring a couple thousand times, lol. I have since moved on to menu hintstrings and have addressed that issue there, using dvars, I think. I still have to look for this issue yet in ORBiT scripts though, which when I do, I will be looking at while loops first.

The strange thing is I get it on other maps too. I got it on ZKs latest map on round 20 with 3 players. But I still figure it's his scripts, and nothing to do with my waw.

So if you find it, please let know. Also, probably check any script I helped with, it would be great if we kill two birds here.
Ok. Don't know where to start. I have loads of while loops running all the time, so it can be any of them. :please:
I can't remember what was the last thing I did before I started getting the error, but the day I beat the map, I got to round 18 I think and didn't get any error (now I'm getting it in rounds 7-11 more or less), so I guess the problem wasn't there. The thing is that I can't remember which version it was. I'll search it.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Ok. Don't know where to start. I have loads of while loops running all the time, so it can be any of them. :please:
I can't remember what was the last thing I did before I started getting the error, but the day I beat the map, I got to round 18 I think and didn't get any error (now I'm getting it in rounds 7-11 more or less), so I guess the problem wasn't there. The thing is that I can't remember which version it was. I'll search it.

Same here. I have gotten it on round 6 and 12 and gotten to 13 without it. All in different areas, all while doing something different, with no clues atm. Very annoying. What I'm gonna try is to start removing custom scripts until it goes away, then start there. I tried looking for it before, and thought I found it, by upping the speed of the play, but I didn't think that made the error come any faster, and apparently it is still there, :(

If I find the gsc that is causing it, I'm then going to look for any while loops that thread another function, and any functions that have while loops in them that may be called repeatedly, I guess. Too busy troubleshooting an ent issue that won't allow coop atm.

Things I won't miss about waw, if we ever get mod tools for another cod... The list keeps growing.
Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:55:50 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 9 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
codmoddd1234's Contact & Social Links
Developer 1
Developer_script 1
Logfile 1
Devmap mapname
Fix errors until your map loads. Play your map until it crashes.
Then look through these in your logfile.
One of the functions listed is probably 500+ and causing the error.
//
Look through your scripts for iprintln being used a few times in a loop.
Or places where you might have forgot to something = [];
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Same here. I have gotten it on round 6 and 12 and gotten to 13 without it. All in different areas, all while doing something different, with no clues atm. Very annoying. What I'm gonna try is to start removing custom scripts until it goes away, then start there. I tried looking for it before, and thought I found it, by upping the speed of the play, but I didn't think that made the error come any faster, and apparently it is still there, :(

If I find the gsc that is causing it, I'm then going to look for any while loops that thread another function, and any functions that have while loops in them that may be called repeatedly, I guess. Too busy troubleshooting an ent issue that won't allow coop atm.

Things I won't miss about waw, if we ever get mod tools for another cod... The list keeps growing.

From my personal experiences the "Unhandled Exception" errors are 100% caused by logic fails, not compiler or runtime errors. In those cases, World at War really isn't to be blamed for anything bad that happens, because it isn't anything it could have stopped/detected beforehand.

Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
It's really annoying. I commented some calls to the init() for some gsc and the game still crashes (but the two first times I didn't get the error). Then, I uncommented everything, went to test and did to round 25 before getting the error.
I don't know if I'll be able to know when it's fixed. I can remove something, test it and don't get any error until round 50, for example, and then get the error again in round 7.

One of the functions listed is probably 500+ and causing the error.
I found two of them:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
@ 133625
count: 386, var usage: 772, endon usage: 773
@ 149027
count: 4264, var usage: 34112, endon usage: 8526
Don't know what it means. ???
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Code Snippet
Plaintext
endon usage: 8526

Looks like a function is being threaded over and over again. Must be one with an endon().
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
I think this is going to be impossible. :ok:
I've tested the special weapons and they weren't the problem. Neither the functions that control the movement of the cubes. And I can find functions that are constantly threading others but they don't look like they're the ones that are causing the error. Will test them, though.
The next I'm going to try is
Code Snippet
Plaintext
animscripts\death::flame_death_fx()
because it has an endon( "death" ); and I call it on every zombie that is killed and then delete them. Is it possible that this is the cause of the error? (haven't tested yet, just a question).

Also, another question. I assume that this can happen only with functions that are working at the time a get the error, right? Because in my map I have functions that only work during rounds and other that only work during round breaks, and I only (or usually) get the error during rounds. So this would help me to discard many functions.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Also, another question. I assume that this can happen only with functions that are working at the time a get the error, right? Because in my map I have functions that only work during rounds and other that only work during round breaks, and I only (or usually) get the error during rounds. So this would help me to discard many functions.

You don't get the errors until the function runs. For example, script errors in powerups don't show up until a powerup spawns or a player grabs it. If they truly are not running that is, not including faulty logic. After getting the map to load with all these devs, many fixes after that end up being as simple as adding if(isdefined) ... and simple things like that. It not only pin points where the error is, but where it came from, so you can chose where to nip it in the bud. Not sure if it will do that with that error, but maybe devs will help you fix whatever is causing it?
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
Ok. I've probably found the problem. Maybe there're more. Haven't tested yet and I'm too lazy to test it now.

I think it was this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
while(1) {

trig waittill( "trigger",player );

bought = false;
        while( player isTouching( trig ) ) {
            if( player useButtonPressed() ) {
During round breaks, some weapons spawn so players can buy them. They disappear after being bought or after the break has ended. If the player buys the weapon there's no problem, but if the round start while a player is touching the trigger, the function never end because the trigger has already been deleted and there were no trig endon( "death" );
I fixed it adding the endon and an isDefined in the while.

Also, just as a curiosity, I found another error in the function that selects which cube will be move every time. This is how it looked like before:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
getAdjacentCubes(freeSpace) {

adj = [];

// get the cubes of every adjacent position
    if( is_in_array( freeSpace + (2,0,0),level.cubesPosition && // <--- missing ) before the &&
        freeSpace + (2,0,0) != level.specialPosition[ "end" ] ) ) {
        adj[ adj.size ] = getCubeByPosition( freeSpace + (2,0,0) );
    }

if( is_in_array( freeSpace + (-2,0,0),level.cubesPosition && // <--- missing ) before the &&
        freeSpace + (-2,0,0) != level.specialPosition[ "end" ] ) ) {
        adj[ adj.size ] = getCubeByPosition( freeSpace + (-2,0,0) );
    }

if( is_in_array( freeSpace + (0,2,0),level.cubesPosition ) &&
        freeSpace + (0,2,0) != level.specialPosition[ "end" ] ) {
        adj[ adj.size ] = getCubeByPosition( freeSpace + (0,2,0) );
    }

if( is_in_array( freeSpace + (0,-2,0),level.cubesPosition && // <--- missing ) before the &&
        freeSpace + (0,-2,0) != level.specialPosition[ "end" ] ) ) {
        adj[ adj.size ] = getCubeByPosition( freeSpace + (0,-2,0) );
    }

if( is_in_array( freeSpace + (0,0,2),level.cubesPosition ) &&
        freeSpace + (0,0,2) != level.specialPosition[ "end" ] ) {
        adj[ adj.size ] = getCubeByPosition( freeSpace + (0,0,2) );
    }

if( is_in_array( freeSpace + (0,0,-2),level.cubesPosition && // <--- missing ) before the &&
        freeSpace + (0,0,-2) != level.specialPosition[ "end" ] ) ) {
        adj[ adj.size ] = getCubeByPosition( freeSpace + (0,0,-2) );
    }

return adj;

}
Apart from this, is_in_array needs the array as first parameter and the value to check as the second and I did it the other way round.
The fun part is that it has always worked fine and never got any error, except for developer 1 errors. :D

Loading ...