Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
There's always been annoying speculation and accusation directed at me about where the donation money actually goes and what it pays for, and some people are actually accusing me of somehow making profit from creating CoD maps and accepting donations. First of all, here's the dictionary definition of the word donation:

Donations are purely voluntary, so unless I come to your house and force you to click the donate button, the money donated is purely in good will and not profit-related.

In addition, this site isn't some magically free entity that runs itself. Currently the 2012-2013 server costs are:
$80 for Awardspace shared hosting (before we switched to VPS in 9/2012)
$120 for VPS hosting from Linode.com
$120 for Box.com download hosting (for UGX Map Manager)
$10 for the http://ugx-mods.com domain rights.
+My time and dedication in site maintenance and creation

So in total I've spent $330+ since the beginning of 2012 (not going to bother looking up 2011), out of my own pocket, to host this website and to power the development of UGX content. Don't take this the wrong way - I'm not complaining about having to pay for it or trying to earn any sympathy. This was obviously my own choice and if I didn't want to do it I would've stopped paying for it a long time ago or started begging for donations to keep the site online another year.

I'm simply trying to make this point: UGX only received $138 in PayPal donations after the Comosea WIP thread was first posted up until the date of this post, which I can prove with PayPal statements. I then transferred that money to my checking account to help offset the cost of the fees I've mentioned above, which is the clearly stated purpose of donations.

$330 - $138 = $192. That's $192 out of my checking account which I haven't been reimbursed for. How the hell anyone could accuse me of profiting in any way from this operation is beyond my scope of comprehension. Also I would think there are faster and easier ways to make money other than spending 40+ hours a week to receive a few $5 payments. Seriously, think about it.

I hope this clears things up for some people, and as a bonus here is a screenshot of the VPS payments from my online checking account statement (which I shouldn't even have to provide, but here):

broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I've moved this to General Discussion in case anyone has any questions. The Announcements board is read-only.
Date Registered: 25 June 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Fallout Assault Center - Released!

Z ASYLUM - WIP  https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,15236.msg150610.html#msg150610

Xbl, psn, and steam username is nickst98
nickst98's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
cant belive people think your profiting from the site thats bs, hope this topic gets the message out. i mean zm and tmg could do the same thing (dont get me wrong im not saying they do) but they dont either as far as i know.

just haters hating like with platform wars.
Date Registered: 19 November 2011
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
OnlineX420's Groups
OnlineX420's Contact & Social LinksOX420Online
nukem and esso......such children  :poker:
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
TMG Modeller and Animator
Signature
Current W.I.P Map
nazi_zombie_ash (the name may change)
Map Progress:
65%

Need help with guns, sounds or models send me a PM
P0rkRoyalz's Groups
P0rkRoyalz's Contact & Social Linksa13xm33P0rkRoyalzP0rkRoyalz
It's not like ugx is the only site that has A donation button, just the fact that when you explain what is acctually done to keep the site up and running and at a good speed with out the server always being down is when people start saying that your making profit from it because they think your complaining, it's pretty stupid to be honest, because you pay for most of the bills for the site it's nice to have the donations to help out and not make profit, you wouldn't really be making profit anyway because you still have to pay for the bills in some way lol
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
you wouldn't really be making profit anyway because you still have to pay for the bills in some way lol
That's exactly my point, that I've spent 3 times as much money as we've received in donations - that's loss, not profit. Plus the fact that the donations slowed way down after Comosea was released, which means that was pretty much the end of the reimbursement. I don't care about spending the money and not getting anything back - that's not the problem.

The problem is that despite the fact that I spend the money without expecting anything in return, I've earned the name "fat jewinaor" on ZM and I'm constantly accused of having defrauded the whole community of their money. I even had someone ask for a refund on a $5 donation they made in September- are you seriously hurting that bad for your $5? You're really that disappointed/disgusted with something that you don't think we're worth $5? That hurts, man.

Thank you everyone for your understanding and support thus far.
Date Registered: 4 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Its only the beginning.. of the end.. 1.1.13
Signature

People love me on youtube :)
geh233's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
geh233's Contact & Social LinksGarrett The Parrot!geh233
That's exactly my point, that I've spent 3 times as much money as we've received in donations - that's loss, not profit. Plus the fact that the donations slowed way down after Comosea was released, which means that was pretty much the end of the reimbursement. I don't care about spending the money and not getting anything back - that's not the problem.

The problem is that despite the fact that I spend the money without expecting anything in return, I've earned the name "fat jewinaor" on ZM and I'm constantly accused of having defrauded the whole community of their money. I even had someone ask for a refund on a $5 donation they made in September- are you seriously hurting that bad for your $5? You're really that disappointed/disgusted with something that you don't think we're worth $5? That hurts, man.

Thank you everyone for your understanding and support thus far.
jewinaor? this is how you know that zm is full of 3rd graders
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Yes, for a while ( don't know if its still activated) if you typed "trem" or "treminaor" into the zm chat, dave made it so that the message replaced those words wtih "fat jewinaor". He also had "UGX" replaced with "noobs".
Last active: 10 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Personal Quote
All my work is secret.
Earth's Groups
Earth's Contact & Social Links
eh, you should probably say the real reason why esso wanted his 5 bucks back... because you and W1NG3D made new accounts with nothing but balls, dicks and FAG written all over it, and purposely submitted ugly unplayable maps over to ZM just to troll. was this not immature? just asking.

to be honest, there are problems on both ends. there are people on zm who do talk bad about ugx, but people here are not at all any better. what I also find funny, is that during this whole zm vs. ugx bullshit going on, the people who are usually talking bs are those who aren't even important to the situation or even know what really went on, like nickst, geh, jwofle, nukem... mostly just random and/or barely active members.

while I can agree it's rude, the FAG clan thing wasn't very nice either. again, fire on both ends.
btw aren't you like 12 or something... you nearly just got out of 3rd grade.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
eh, you should probably say the real reason why esso wanted his 5 bucks back... because you and W1NG3D made new accounts with nothing but balls, dicks and FAG written all over it, and purposely submitted ugly unplayable maps over to ZM just to troll. was this not immature? just asking.
It wasn't ESSO. ESSO donated $10. It sounds like you're missing the fact that was a gigantic joke formulated between W1NG3D and myself on a friend-friend basis. had nothing to do with UGX, nothing to do with ZM, we just wanted to see how funny it would be to release those maps under ridiculous names and see how long it took for someone to question it. You can hardly compare a joke like this to the completely serious talk regarding UGX and myself that happens regularly on ZM, and they are no where near the same level. I've yet to see anyone but ESSO who was at all offended by this matter, and ESSO has no reason to be offended other than his own attitude about the community and what his expectations are for a map.

and purposely submitted ugly unplayable maps over to ZM just to troll. was this not immature? just asking.
Both are completely playable and fun. You should try them - I did a coop match with a few people yesterday on ballbags_2 and had a blast. Trolling and Internet are practically hand in hand, so no I would not say it's immature. I know a lot of people had a good laugh, including NGTZ, and that should be worth something. The NGTZ video of ballbags_1 toilet of DOOM has nearly 40,000 views as of now, so I don't think there are a lot of people who feel the same way as you do.

to be honest, there are problems on both ends. there are people on zm who do talk bad about ugx, but people here are not at all any better.
I don't post here regularly calling Darkflame a jew or insulting any other staff of ZM, so I hardly believe this is true.

what I also find funny, is that during this whole zm vs. ugx bullshit going on, the people who are usually talking bs are those who aren't even important to the situation or even know what really went on, like nickst, geh, jwofle, nukem... mostly just random and/or barely active members.
While they still have a right to care and be involved I have also made the point that I'm tired of hearing shit from people like nukem or ESSO or joshybfps who have no relation to the situation or events whatsoever.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Its only the beginning.. of the end.. 1.1.13
geh233's Groups
geh233's Contact & Social LinksGarrett The Parrot!geh233

to be honest, there are problems on both ends. there are people on zm who do talk bad about ugx, but people here are not at all any better. what I also find funny, is that during this whole zm vs. ugx bullshit going on, the people who are usually talking bs are those who aren't even important to the situation or even know what really went on, like nickst, geh, jwofle, nukem... mostly just random and/or barely active members.
while I can agree it's rude, the FAG clan thing wasn't very nice either. again, fire on both ends.
btw aren't you like 12 or something... you nearly just got out of 3rd grade.
um no? :P
Last active: 10 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Personal Quote
All my work is secret.
Earth's Groups
Earth's Contact & Social Links
Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:52:54 am by Earth
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 9 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
in spanish: Una donación es la acción de dar fondos u otros bienes materiales, generalmente por caridad.

in english: A donation is the Act of giving money or other material goods, usually for charity.

Treminaor is right!  :)
Date Registered: 14 March 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
zNiiC's Groups
zNiiC's Contact & Social LinkszNiiCRAiiDz
Tell me, how did one person get the Comosea BETA? Do I need to remind you why you changed your donation rules?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Tell me, how did one person get the Comosea BETA? Do I need to remind you why you changed your donation rules?
We changed it to avoid legal trouble, not moral trouble. Nothing was morally wrong with the beta donations - if a person did not donate, they got the map free a few months later just like everyone else.

Loading ...