by Deleted User
broken avatar :(
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
lol lets be fair we knew this argument would happen anyway

hell ive had a ton of people screw at me for releasing my FF assets because "the mapper doesnt need to learn for themselves and your spoonfeeding them" - and - "now these assets will be overused"

ofc they would hate this too, it natural ;)

Difference being the extra file for the player to download, which as apparently everyone on ugx needs to state, it as easy as putting on pants in the morning?

There is a difference between assets ingame, and managing assets, although they are linked.

I'm surprised people "yelled" at you for releasing it though :please:
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
my message got deleted before among all spam and i was only sharing an opinion so people can understand why T4M is good.

it is good for adding 50 cod ghost guns and 50 advanced warfare guns to a map, but that by itself wont make a good map.
players and modders have the option to use it or leave it alone, and if you are into cool guns stevies map will have T4M and loads of things otherwise not possible with standard codwaw but that does not mean everyone want to go trough the additional steps to make it work.

It is a person to person scenario its not like people will we forced to paste t4m in their roots before they can comment on ugx, there will be pros and cons to using it and unless the cons are ironed out you cant get everyone onboard.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Difference being the extra file for the player to download, which as apparently everyone on ugx needs to state, it as easy as putting on pants in the morning?

There is a difference between assets ingame, and managing assets, although they are linked.

I'm surprised people "yelled" at you for releasing it though :please:

lol no there isnt

the "usual" i see, is people dont use - but do not disinclude - the WaW guns. Every... single... time...

If not that - then they leave all the sounds in weapons.csv - every... single... time...

despite me putting instructions on what to do literally everywhere

assets management is "asset management". Like UGX had to do, to make room ages ago that caused the hold up, if your hitting limits, odds are if you "managed" it better, you wouldnt. Unless its oil rig coz 50 thousand textures for BO3 guns etc lol

and yes, a number of people voiced serious "opposition" to my stuff when I released. I just ignore it now
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
my message got deleted before among all spam and i was only sharing an opinion so people can understand why T4M is good.

it is good for adding 50 cod ghost guns and 50 advanced warfare guns to a map, but that by itself wont make a good map.
players and modders have the option to use it or leave it alone, and if you are into cool guns stevies map will have T4M and loads of things otherwise not possible with standard codwaw but that does not mean everyone want to go trough the additional steps to make it work.

It is a person to person scenario its not like people will we forced to paste t4m in their roots before they can comment on ugx, there will be pros and cons to using it and unless the cons are ironed out you cant get everyone onboard.
except we are not talking "add 100 guns" thats just another "anything i can think of" response from radi

We are saying you cant fit just about ANY BO3 guns into waw as standard, not without detracting from every other area of the mod.

And ifpeople are too dumb to use it - that is their OWN fault, 90% of morons cant even work out how to devmap into a match - should we remove "waw mods" from them period because of this short coming?

and those who "dont want to" - dont have to. What has this community got against the word "optional"? Its not a "god given right" if YOUR not willing to comprimise

Will you read what people are actually saying radi? please, i beg you
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:40:11 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
As everyone knows, 3arch do not care about the modders, their communities or their players. They care about money and honestly that is the most worrying thing about the whole idea of sending out a beefed up version of the game.

I have to disagree with you here. Why would they be planning mod tools if they didn't care, let alone making such an announcement of it? Would you say that to Sparky, a valued member of UGX? And of course they care about money, who doesn't? They're a fucking AAA game studio... that doesn't mean money is their only motive. If we were talking about Activision it might be a different story, but you can't just say Treyarch doesn't care without backing up your statement at all.

However, that's going off topic.

The maker of T4M should create a simple website explaining what the tool does and how to drag and drop a file into the dir of cod and then also just make a simple download button to get the latest version of it. This way mappers can simple add a link to the website to make the process of getting the tool easier.

It's so fucking easy to obtain, making a whole website just for an explanation is completely unnecessary. The stickied forum post explains it perfectly fine. Maybe a better option is something like this?:
Spoiler: click to open...

Why dumb it down even more just because some people are so fucking stupid? That shouldn't be necessary.
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:41:44 pm by Koan
JbirdHaX
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
its not anything i can think of response i thought over it over an hour and stevie explained why he need T4M on oilrig yesterday read it again if you don't understand what i mean.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
to start with the mod tools are up to "activision" not "treyarch"

and "yes" you are radi. you have literally "no" point, and are just saying this for the sake of saying it. Hence making outrageous comments like "50 ghosts guns and 50 AW guns and 50 BO3 guns"... you "know" that is not what we are even talking about...

and the argument - some people wont want to - is irrelevenet. they dont want to - fine, dont play T4M maps and pretend you never saw em

some dont understand how - there are people who cannot even devmap - so by your logic, we need to take away call of duty 5 mods period because theres "a step" involved in installing a mod that "some" "might" not understand
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:44:29 pm by Harry Bo21
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
lol no there isnt

the "usual" i see, is people dont use - but do not disinclude - the WaW guns. Every... single... time...

If not that - then they leave all the sounds in weapons.csv - every... single... time...

despite me putting instructions on what to do literally everywhere

assets management is "asset management". Like UGX had to do, to make room ages ago that caused the hold up, if your hitting limits, odds are if you "managed" it better, you wouldnt. Unless its oil rig coz 50 thousand textures for BO3 guns etc lol

and yes, a number of people voiced serious "opposition" to my stuff when I released. I just ignore it now

There! Optimization! You stamp T4M on your map, it runs now. But maybe you didn't comment out things. :please:
You have all this junk in your map that you don't even use, that is still loaded. Without using T4M, you can remove it, manage the assets in such a way that you have less included into the mod, to optimize it better. It's better for the player.

As an end result it's better to optimize it rather than to raise the bar, is it not?
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
As an end result it's better to optimize it rather than to raise the bar, is it not?

Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
There! Optimization! You stamp T4M on your map, it runs now. But maybe you didn't comment out things. :please:
You have all this junk in your map that you don't even use, that is still loaded. Without using T4M, you can remove it, manage the assets in such a way that you have less included into the mod, to optimize it better. It's better for the player.

yes - always

Take pros nacht map, he still loaded the WAW guns in, but was "convinced" at the time he was out of space - i knew he wasnt

slap t4m on - he can fit in another 20 guns maybe - but thats it, coz the WAW guns are still there

take them out and you can have

boxes
more textures
more models
more guns
more scripts
more anything

without managing your assets you get

a few guns

wow

(Image removed from quote.)
because we wont "get" both

if T4M is slapped on "before" any effort to make asset room, then they will not make asset room after when they hit the T4M limit either

so instead of having the 300fx they should have to play with, 400 with T4M

instead its still

3 fx - no T4M
103 fx - with T4M

when it should be

303 fx
403 fx -

I guess its just my opinion we should use T4M was what is intended

"to add more asset space so we can have - more - than usual in a mod"

not

"give exactly the same asset space, but remove the need to go make some simple changes to csv files - completely dumping on the reason T4M was made in the first place"
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:54:43 pm by Harry Bo21
JbirdHaX
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
RadimaX's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
and the argument - some people wont want to - is irrelevenet. they dont want to - fine, dont play T4M maps

its not an argument its a fact, if it was not a fact we would not have a topic called: T4M - why all the hate?
if everyone wanted to use it there would be no debate and if you think i have "no" point you must missed it.
i am sorry you was not part of the conversation about the futuristic guns and oilrig yesterday but i am not throwing big numbers out there for no reason read my "no" point reply again or pretend you never saw em
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
its not an argument its a fact, if it was not a fact we would not have a topic called: T4M - why all the hate?
if everyone wanted to use it there would be no debate and if you think i have "no" point you must missed it.
i am sorry you was not part of the conversation about the futuristic guns and oilrig yesterday but i am not throwing big numbers out there for no reason read my "no" point reply again or pretend you never saw em
I said your "reasons" have no "point" radi

your biggest point is "they might not understand" - which is irrlevent as 90% cant work out how to double click the installer. And "not" knowing how to use T4M does not "prevent" them using the "other" maps that you prefer anyway by the sounds of it ???

Its like me saying i wont play your maps coz you make 50,000,000,000,000,000 out of map glitches possible and I no like them so we should ban radi maps

They are "optional", if you dont "chose" to use that "option" then you cant play those maps. Its a very simple concept

This is oil rig "optional" beta all over again... people who dont want just cant leave alone as always...
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:09:10 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Here is just a logical thought and correct me if I am wrong and this exists:

Why doesn't someone make a guide/tutorial to managing assets and how to use UGX asset manager with the correct files? I feel like most mappers don't have a clue as to where these assets are being called and if they are being called twice. I know I dont have a single clue what I am doing for assets because I couldn't find a detailed way to learn.
i already have, Harybo21s guide to the "instant crash error" ie - memory limit

people just dont bother looking for it, and when they do, just assume its too hard when it really isnt

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8558.0.html
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:26:59 pm by Harry Bo21
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
i already have, Harybo21s guid to the "instant crash error" ie - memory limit

Just about to say that, maybe you need to explain it even more in depth for people? :please:
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8558.0.html

ermm HELLO

I covered EVERYTHING and its like 4 pages long????
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:27:39 pm by Harry Bo21

Loading ...