Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Kiss me daddy
NGcaudle's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
NGcaudle's Contact & Social LinksNGcaudle
Is the map manager really a thing? By that I mean is it still updating and stuff? I myself as a mapper have my goals set on becoming a "community mapper".  I am pretty sure the only way of getting that title as of now is to get a map on the manager. I know this will change to getting a map on the "launcher". Hopefully someone can let me know what is going on with this manager and launcher stuff. Thanks

NG Caudle

Vote NG for community mapper!
broken avatar :(
Purple Square Worshipper
Date Registered: 30 January 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Signature

donate to purplemanwomen www.paypal.me/bwc66930
Bwc66930's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930
You really want mapper status I see. Also I think I seen that they won't add anymore maps to manager because launcher is coming or something like that, me don't really know what's going on there so meow
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
As far as I know, no more maps will be added to the Map Manager and will eventually be replaced with the UGX Launcher but the Map Manager does still function as always and can continue to be used as normal.

I think you need to just drop this now and concentrate on actually mapping before worrying about getting a mapping status. People are getting a bit tired of seeing it now to be honest. Make another map or two and stop asking for it and eventually it will happen. :)
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
I think you need to just drop this now and concentrate on actually mapping before worrying about getting a mapping status. People are getting a bit tired of seeing it now to be honest. Make another map or two and stop asking for it and eventually it will happen. :)

While I completely agree with this, I do understand why NG and others might be frustrated. Stickied posts telling users how to get mapper status are still around, and when these users follow these instructions, they find out "oh the map manager isn't being updated, just wait for launcher." They wait, only to be repeatedly told "soon". Old posts like these don't seem to get updated very often, if at all. For example:

7 ) Reasonably-compressed!! If a map like Project X can be under 300mb, we think it's reasonable to impose a 325mb filesize limit for maps to be accepted into the Map Manager. We are paying for this bandwidth, and 400-500mb maps are a total waste of it. ...

As far as I'm aware, this 2-year-old rule doesn't apply any more. If it does, enlighten me.

I signed up in July - 6 months ago. ONE MAP has been added to the manager since then (Rainy Death), and one updated (Leviathan 1.2), I don't see this as fair. I appreciate Trem has given out mapper status to a fair few people, which I thank him for, but only because it was asked if ProRevenge was going to get his mapper status.

The UGX Launcher is starting to become a myth or urban legend in my head. Almost like Half-Life 3. On top of that we haven't really heard much about its progress - a few people have the beta version from the short amount of time Oil Rig's beta lasted, and that's all (edit: and also from Requiem's first beta, thanks hitman). I think some team members have a later version too but I'm not certain.
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 12:12:33 am by Koan
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
The UGX Launcher is starting to become a myth or urban legend in my head. Almost like Half-Life 3. On top of that we haven't really heard much about its progress - a few people have the beta version from the short amount of time Oil Rig's beta lasted, and that's all. I think some team members have a later version too but I'm not certain.

Dont forget Donors, who got it, when Requiems first beta came out ;)
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
Dont forget Donors, who got it, when Requiems first beta came out ;)

My bad, edited post :cute:
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Spoiler: click to open...

If you want community mapper status you should probably start by not mocking the community of mappers with your senseless trash boxmaps that you kept posting for weeks straight.

I've fulfilled requests for mapper status to people who have released maps which deserve it, there's nothing stopping anyone from asking me or any other staff member.

While I completely agree with this, I do understand why NG and others might be frustrated. Stickied posts telling users how to get mapper status are still around, and when these users follow these instructions, they find out "oh the map manager isn't being updated, just wait for launcher." They wait, only to be repeatedly told "soon". Old posts like these don't seem to get updated very often, if at all. For example:

As far as I'm aware, this 2-year-old rule doesn't apply any more. If it does, enlighten me.
The process for adding maps to that application is long and tiresome, not only is it a waste of staff time to continue adding maps to a system that will no longer be in use, but when the Launcher is released we fully intend to catch up on the backlog of released maps and also release a system for mappers to add their maps to the Launcher themselves, fully eliminating our problem.

The UGX Launcher is starting to become a myth or urban legend in my head. Almost like Half-Life 3. On top of that we haven't really heard much about its progress - a few people have the beta version from the short amount of time Oil Rig's beta lasted, and that's all (edit: and also from Requiem's first beta, thanks hitman). I think some team members have a later version too but I'm not certain.
It's coming soon, we've continually posted updates about it and have not stopped working on it. Delta is working extremely hard to get a release out within the next month or so, and Mikey has been working on the theme for it since November.
Date Registered: 31 August 2014
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Kiss me daddy
NGcaudle's Groups
Spoiler: click to open...

If you want community mapper status you should probably start by not mocking the community of mappers with your senseless trash boxmaps that you kept posting for weeks straight.

I've fulfilled requests for mapper status to people who have released maps which deserve it, there's nothing stopping anyone from asking me or any other staff member.
The process for adding maps to that application is long and tiresome, not only is it a waste of staff time to continue adding maps to a system that will no longer be in use, but when the Launcher is released we fully intend to catch up on the backlog of released maps and also release a system for mappers to add their maps to the Launcher themselves, fully eliminating our problem.
It's coming soon, we've continually posted updates about it and have not stopped working on it. Delta is working extremely hard to get a release out within the next month or so, and Mikey has been working on the theme for it since November.

So can I have mapping status for Last Resort? my minecraft map
Purple Square Worshipper
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Bwc66930's Groups
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930
So can I have mapping status for Last Resort? my minecraft map
after all he said you still ask for mapper status  :poker:
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Kiss me daddy
NGcaudle's Groups
after all he said you still ask for mapper status  :poker:

yes, because I want the status, they could put the map on a wait list and still give me the status
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Why do you even want mapper status so urgently? Its getting pretty annoying seeing you begging like a fool all across the forum.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Kiss me daddy
NGcaudle's Groups
Why do you even want mapper status so urgently? Its getting pretty annoying seeing you begging like a fool all across the forum.

Because I feel like I am a mapper. I want people to know that I am a mapper.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
You know, there is that one group, that is better and more unique than Mapper. Its brown and its called Banned Elite. I think you deserve to be in that one  :gusta:
Purple Square Worshipper
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Bwc66930's Groups
Famous User
Famous User
so the votes are in, NG probs getting banned elite rank
[UGX] Social Networking & Q.A.
Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
MrSlagovich's Groups
UGX Team Member
Yeah the phone lines have closed and the votes have been verified, you're winner of the UGX-Factor is..... (drum roll) NG!!

Loading ...