Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
natesmithzombies's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
natesmithzombies's Contact & Social LinksNSmithZombies
I thought I would see what everyone has to say about this:

I am rather broke with college starting back up and I don't think BOP 3 would be worth the money because I am a bigger zombies fan than a multiplayer fan. Do you guys think BOP 3 zombies/multiplayer is worth the money as compared to the free alternative of the wonderful modding community?
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 9 June 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Spaceman99's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Spaceman99's Contact & Social LinksSpaceman 99Spaceman99Spaceman99
Clearly bo3 is the winner  :lol: :lol:

Double Post Merge: August 31, 2015, 06:30:07 pm
and second you can't compare a game that isn't released yet with a game that came out 10 years ago
Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:30:07 pm by Spaceman99
Purple Square Worshipper
Date Registered: 30 January 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Signature

donate to purplemanwomen www.paypal.me/bwc66930
Bwc66930's Groups
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930
Game not out so this argument is invalid
Date Registered: 1 January 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
vinnyz500's Groups
vinnyz500's Contact & Social Linkspsn_hackedlobbies4uXxMrPotatoxXvinnyz500
1 zombies map for 60$ which is super quality with 80 additional $ for 4 more maps, OR 20$ for thousands of maps with there being atealst 50-60 very high grade quality maps? I see no competition dollar for dollar WaW has the upper hand
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
^^^ This
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
OR 20$ for thousands of maps with there being atealst 50-60 very high grade quality maps?

High grade in terms of what exactly? Map design? Weapons? Scripting? Unique & fun ideas?

IMO, Treyarch maps are better than community made ones. Not crapping on anyone particular -because a lot of people are guilty of this- but most of the "features(weapons/scripting)" in custom maps are pinched from an pre existing Treyarch zombie game. Atleast with an official map you know that they'll try to bring something entirely new to the table, whether that be a new game mechanic, weapons, wonder weapons, models, textures, fx, etc.

and you know Treyarch will atleast make an effort to fix critical issues. Since a majority of mappers blatantly ignore built in tools and functionality into the game to help debug scripts(something Treyarch uses themselves), i really don't think the same could be said for them.
Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:03:16 pm by daedra descent
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
High grade in terms of what exactly? Map design? Weapons? Scripting? Unique & fun ideas?

There are many maps/mods that have some unique features that have never been seen before, for example UGX Mod and its gamemodes, when did Treyarch ever implement Gun Game into their maps? Or Mutators? Nothing like Nic Cage zombies! :D

IMO, Treyarch maps are better than community made ones. Not crapping on anyone particular -because a lot of people are guilty of this- but most of the "features(weapons/scripting)" in custom maps are pinched from an pre existing Treyarch zombie game. Atleast with an official map you know that they'll try to bring something entirely new to the table, whether that be a new game mechanic, weapons, wonder weapons, models, textures, fx, etc.

"Better" in what way? Tranzit for example, its gameplay was very boring, never liked the map, sure after you got set up, etc, it was ok but it was a boring map, it had good design, features, etc, but was overall: Shitty.

Whether you like the maps are not, mediocre maps are kinda fun to play, it's fun to get the feel of playing something not put together by a high end studio who won't listen to its players and only change something when the 500,000 12 years complain that the Ray Gun is too underpowered.

Modded maps will usually always have that sense of "custom" on them, that's just the way things are in modding, we aren't Treyarch, we don't have a high budget, people makes maps in their free time, and that's why comparing them to Treyarch is a dick thing. (Also that G-Spawn you keep ranting on about, might want to let you know, it happens on 3ARC maps also. ;) )

and you know Treyarch will atleast make an effort to fix critical issues.

While I can agree, there are several of the better maps with quite the array of game breaking bugs, albeit Leviathan and a few others, we still go back to my points above, many of the makers have lives, they are in college, they can't simply drop everything and start fixing them.

Since a majority of mappers blatantly ignore built in tools and functionality into the game to help debug scripts(something Treyarch uses themselves), i really don't think the same could be said for them.

Can you elaborate on this? Not the built in tools, I'm aware of the debug scripts, but the "blatant ignoring"? Or did I miss the part where people are busy with their lives?
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups

and you know Treyarch will atleast make an effort to fix critical issues. Since a majority of mappers blatantly ignore built in tools and functionality into the game to help debug scripts(something Treyarch uses themselves), i really don't think the same could be said for them.
one day...

ill see a comment from you that ISNT constantly slating the entire community here

especially as you yourself contribute almost NOTHING
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
one day...

ill see a comment from you that ISNT constantly slating the entire community here

Entire? I said "a lot" and "majority", not entire. There are a few people who do create some extremely high quality content thats fun and brings new, such as BluntStuffy's dog AI he's been working on and i've helped test.

especially as you yourself contribute almost NOTHING

Nothing? I've helped other people with issues plenty of times before, released my "soviet" mod with maps that support it, and beta tested a few maps. I think to say that i don't contribute is a complete lie.

And for the record, if people would actually post in the forums or send me PM's, i'd be happy to help more as long as i'm not busy with something else.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Entire? I said "a lot" and "majority", not entire. There are a few people who do create some extremely high quality content thats fun and brings new, such as BluntStuffy's dog AI he's been working on and i've helped test.

Nothing? I've helped other people with issues plenty of times before, released my "soviet" mod with maps that support it, and beta tested a few maps. I think to say that i don't contribute is a complete lie.

And for the record, if people would actually post in the forums or send me PM's, i'd be happy to help more as long as i'm not busy with something else.
Rephrase

"in comparison to what the rest of us release, just so you can sit and complain, moan, judge, whine and criticize"

all you "bring to the table" is a long list of complaints

just stop already, its getting stupid

moan

complain

judge

complain

moan

EVERYTIME you speak

If you think our community is so bad, and we are so "terrible" at modding, then LEAVE
Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:54:19 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 6 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
More
Signature
Projects:
Unnamed Project: 5%
Mutliple Downloadable Items for Mappers: (Released after map releases)
GerardS0406's Groups
GerardS0406's Contact & Social LinksGerardS0406Gerard0406GerardS0406MrGerard0406
Why are we getting off topic here. I thought this was one of the new rules. off topic = strike.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(

Yes. Like that rock on Moon that was never patched, yet provided a game breaking glitch spot, or the 'splitting' hacker, or the death barriers that killed me almost every game in Die Rise sliding down the shafts where you literally can't do anything to avoid it, or the millions of other bugs in Treyarch maps...
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
bportjoey's Groups
bportjoey's Contact & Social Linksjoeyofbportbportjoey

Why is it that literally every post you make on here is in a negative light shitting on the CZ community? get off your high horse be a little more positive will ya, and you wonder why people don't bother asking for your help.
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
Yes. Like that rock on Moon that was never patched, yet provided a game breaking glitch spot, or the 'splitting' hacker, or the death barriers that killed me almost every game in Die Rise sliding down the shafts where you literally can't do anything to avoid it, or the millions of other bugs in Treyarch maps...

Cant agree more on Die Rise, that map is still riddled with bugs today and the amount of deaths/downs i got from the map that was from the slide or the elevator shaft was just ridiculous, I remember Die rise upon first release, the first glitch was how everyone could pick up the sliquifier - they patched that within hours, but what about the map itself that was killing us - they didnt really do anything until MOTD had come out and at that point no-one wanted to play die rise or transhit.

I'm amazed they didnt fix the two hacker glitch on Moon or the no air glitch, but im glad they didnt tbh, makes the game more fun really and not so tedious when someone can walk outside with the hacker.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Cant agree more on Die Rise, that map is still riddled with bugs today and the amount of deaths/downs i got from the map that was from the slide or the elevator shaft was just ridiculous, I remember Die rise upon first release, the first glitch was how everyone could pick up the sliquifier - they patched that within hours, but what about the map itself that was killing us - they didnt really do anything until MOTD had come out and at that point no-one wanted to play die rise or transhit.

I'm amazed they didnt fix the two hacker glitch on Moon or the no air glitch, but im glad they didnt tbh, makes the game more fun really and not so tedious when someone can walk outside with the hacker.
Yeh agreed. +1

Loading ...