Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
UGX-Mods is currently sponsoring a contest held by  ZomMods. Here are the rules:
ZomMods Contest Announcement & Rules

The purpose of this contest is to make the best map you can that fits the theme given below.
Theme of the map: Survival type zombie playground*. Example: The roof of Mercy Hospital where there are ramps and walkways connecting different areas. Get creative with the layout and what would make it fun to just run around survive in a small to medium area. You may place a buyable ending in the map but it is not mandatory and won’t be factored into the judging.

This mapping contest is being hosted by ZomMods.com and is sponsored by UGX-Mods.com.
The way this contest will work is that if you are interested in entering you will need to go to www.zommods.com and get a username and password and then let ZomMods know under the forum topic called “ZomMods Map Contest” what your username is and what your map will be called, and a link to the WIP page (once finished). From there, go to www.ugx-mods.com and start a WIP page in the new Contest Entries section so you can show regular updates of your map and strike fear into the hearts of competing mappers. The contest will officially begin July 1st, 2013 and will end August 31st, 2013 at midnight.

All maps must be uploaded to MEGA (https://mega.co.nz/) and download links sent to [email protected] where they will be then be distributed to the judges. The judges will be made up of team members from both ZomMods and UGX-Mods. Shortly after the close of the contest a winner will be selected and will receive $100.00 USD and will be praised like a King on the front page of ZomMods for 2 weeks.

Rules Simplified:

1. To enter the contest sign up on ZomMods.com before July 1st .
2. Start a WIP on UGX-Mods.com
3. Do your best to stay true to the theme.
4. You have 2 months to work on the map, from July 1 – August 31.
5. You must upload your map to MEGA and send the link to [email protected] no later than August 31 at midnight.
6. Each map must have the UGX Mod on it.

The categories that each map will be graded on is:
Fun Factor: How fun the map feels to play – 10 points
Best execution of the theme: How much the level design feels like a crazy zombie survival playground – 10 points
Appearance: Level of detail and visual appeal – 10 points

*playground here has nothing to do with playground equipment. It's about putting a lot of fun things and fun areas into a relatively small space.

For any questions, email: [email protected]
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Social Networking & Q.A.
Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
MrSlagovich's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
If anyone is looking for an idea I think a cool map could be 4 rooftops connected and the floor below each rooftop is enterable and you could put something in the middle of the four but i think 4 rooftops connected would be pretty cool.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Remember, it's a 2 month long mapping contest so please don't submit something that you have been working on already. I know we're going by the honor system here, but please try to play fair. Thanks.
Date Registered: 16 June 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Hey if you had tons of fun on playing my maps please DONATE :)

play ESTATE now, and claim your mansion back from the undead!
jei9363's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
jei9363's Contact & Social Linksjei9363jei9363jayingardia
Remember, it's a 2 month long mapping contest so please don't submit something that you have been working on already. I know we're going by the honor system here, but please try to play fair. Thanks.

can it utilize old scripts? I have my scripts for player launchers and ziplines ready to go for my new map
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Yes, that's fine.
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
I do mods/maps for WaW and BO1.
Rollonmath42's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Rollonmath42's Contact & Social Linksrollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42
Do I HAVE to use the UGX Mod? I've got a map planned out and plenty of weapons that I was going to put in it that aren't in the UGX Mod that I like.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
tomikaze's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Do I HAVE to use the UGX Mod? I've got a map planned out and plenty of weapons that I was going to put in it that aren't in the UGX Mod that I like.
The theme I have chosen is designed to take full advantage of the various game modes that the UGX Mod offers. Game modes mean replayability and when you combine that with maps that are supposed to be fast paced and chaotic I believe that you achieve a mapping experience that people will want to play over and over again. So for this contest the maps must have the UGX Mod on them.
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
plenty of weapons that I was going to put in it that aren't in the UGX Mod that I like.
You can add/replace weapons that are in UGX-MOD lol.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Updated the WIP topic link for the new board: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?board=37.0
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Only 5 more days to sign up!
Date Registered: 23 January 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Mckay's Groups
Mckay's Contact & Social Links
Five days to come up with some kind of idea. I want to enter, hopefully I can come up with something soon.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Is it allowed to modify UGX Mod code to keep WWII guns and get rid of modern ones?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
tomikaze's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Is it allowed to modify UGX Mod code to keep WWII guns and get rid of modern ones?

No sir! Now go wash your mouth out with soap before I give you a spanking.

I've heard that it's possible to add more guns so if you wanted to include a couple of your favorite WWII guns you could do that, but you may have to get with Treminaor or SajeOne to work that out.
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
It is possible but really? You want to add the WWII guns back after how much use they have had? Honestly unless a map has some really cool features I can't stand to play maps with the classic weapons anymore.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
To be honest I love being nostalgic. :D

Post Merge: June 30, 2013, 04:06:55 pm
BTW What if I have problems with installing UGX Mod into my contest map?
Or can I at least give timed gameplay or just weapons etc. without installing UGX Mod?

Loading ...