Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Im running on ASUS laptop since like 2012, I think and Im getting this flickering on my screen, where it goes completely black and back like in flickering motion. I sometimes get this 2 days in a row and sometimes it doesnt happen for weeks. Now Im getting it again, so I thought I would ask you guys about it. Dont want to get new PC/laptop, so that solution is out  :-\
broken avatar :(
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
First thing to try when having display related issues is reinstalling GPU drivers, provided the laptops doesn't use an AMD APU.

Otherwise you could try contacting your OEM and seeing about sending it for repairs. If its a real cheap laptop though i would just salvage the parts and toss the damn thing... but thats just me.
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 6 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Maybe I experienced such thing. Did you by accident smash the laptop somewhere or open the screen too much. Perhaps it's related to hardware issue, so I think the connections have been altered or something during such accidents.

Edit: I also remember that I suffered from such issue each time I played a specific game on the pc, so I went to the Computer shops, and had them replace my video card.
Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:14:40 am by Ramiabdh
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 8 February 2015
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Still Kickin'
Signature

Andy Whelan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Andy Whelan's Contact & Social LinksAndyWhelanAndyWhelan01AndyWhelan
I know your pain. I have a Acer TravelMate or some shit like that and it happens on the daily.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
First thing to try when having display related issues is reinstalling GPU drivers, provided the laptops doesn't use an AMD APU.

Otherwise you could try contacting your OEM and seeing about sending it for repairs. If its a real cheap laptop though i would just salvage the parts and toss the damn thing... but thats just me.

Nvidia shit for days, lol. Dont think AMD is used at all. Laptop cost 900e for me and I could ask where I got the thing

Maybe I experienced such thing. Did you by accident smash the laptop somewhere or open the screen too much. Perhaps it's related to hardware issue, so I think the connections have been altered or something during such accidents.

Edit: I also remember that I suffered from such issue each time I played a specific game on the pc, so I went to the Computer shops, and had them replace my video card.

Havent smashed it, but I always keep it open, cos I dont take it everywhere with me. So it just sits at my desk, screen open all the time.

I know your pain. I have a Acer TravelMate or some shit like that and it happens on the daily.

lal
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 8 February 2015
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Still Kickin'
Andy Whelan's Groups
Andy Whelan's Contact & Social LinksAndyWhelanAndyWhelan01AndyWhelan
I went to my schools IT to get it fixed. They had it for 4 days and then I got it back and all they did was change my screen without fixing the flickering and I was so fucking pissed. I haven't taken it back, I am on school holidays so I have to put up with it for 3 weeks  :please: It is something to do with the screens wires but I don't know.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
You said you leave it in the one spot, never closed/laptop screen is never closed? So this happens when the entire laptop is not even moved in any form? Then I doubt it's a hardware issue.

In relation to what DD said, try re-installing the GPU drivers, remove them, try it without the drivers maybe for an hour or 2  (you probably won't be able to do any GPU intensive work), then try install the latest ones from NVIDIA's website.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/scan.aspx?lang=en-us

Double Post Merge: June 24, 2015, 12:15:48 pm
I went to my schools IT to get it fixed. They had it for 4 days and then I got it back and all they did was change my screen without fixing the flickering and I was so fucking pissed. I haven't taken it back, I am on school holidays so I have to put up with it for 3 weeks  :please: It is something to do with the screens wires but I don't know.

School computer teachers are about as educated in IT as that 100 year old man that lives down the road.  :please:
Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:15:48 pm by Scobalula
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Well, I updated Intel HD driver and installed newest Nvidia driver. I went on and turned Vertical sync on from the driver. Ran CCleaner fully, so there is nothing and screen still flickers  :( And its not wires, since I can move screen around and flickering wont happen
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 6 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
It can't be helped but not think about the video card. Tell me how old is your laptop, and/or how heavily do you use it?
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
It can't be helped but not think about the video card. Tell me how old is your laptop, and/or how heavily do you use it?

More than few years, I think either from 2011 or from 2012. And as you know, in heavy use :please:
Date Registered: 12 July 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Signature
This game is f***ed when PewDiePie starts playing it.
e0894ed4's Groups
e0894ed4's Contact & Social Links
# Could be a virus, try to boot your laptop with a live dvd OS of some sort. See if it's happening again.
# "Lower and raise the laptop screen repeatedly to determine if the flicker is related to movement."
# Could be the screen cable losing its grip or damaged.
# Try to plug an external monitor this should reveal whether screen or gpu is causing the problem.

2011-12 laptop screen itself is not meant to die yet even under excessive usage.
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I had done the moving screen thing and that didnt do anything. Now I attached external monitor and I was suprised on one thing: flickering only happens on screen, that I set to be number 1. If I set external to be 1, flickering is on that one and vice versa
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
yea sounds like your GPU has gone faulty to me

Laptops are prone to this due to their poor ventilation and design, even if it "has" been left on a desk for years

Could prob get it fixed, but if it involves replacing the GPU id just get a new laptop
Date Registered: 12 July 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
e0894ed4's Groups
e0894ed4's Contact & Social Links
yea sounds like your GPU has gone faulty to me

Laptops are prone to this due to their poor ventilation and design, even if it "has" been left on a desk for years

Could prob get it fixed, but if it involves replacing the GPU id just get a new laptop
This.
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Well, I disabled both display drivers to test and flickering is reduced :poker: But if I put either one back on, flickering happens again. Still a GPU problem, since flickering still happens, if I dont have it on?

Edit: Flickering happens, even though both drivers are disabled...
Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 02:28:45 pm by HitmanVere

Loading ...