UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[Notice] UGX-Mods Data Stolen (January 2016)

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by Delta
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

:o I'm scared. JR, are you in there somewhere? If so, give me a sign. Tell me when Rise V3 is coming out.
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:28:52 pm by tomikaze
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
woah lol, ok i think we all need to calm a little

woo-sa people, woo-sa  :D
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:29:56 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 26 May 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
UndeadGaming's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
UndeadGaming's Contact & Social LinksHardCoreHDCoreHD
So let me get this straight:
You specifically state you wouldn't use his designs anymore yet continue to edit (and therefore continue to use) them in contradiction to yourself. You then claim it looks nothing like the designs Mikey created yet clearly it's nearly the exact same. You might want to learn about copyright laws. Alteration without the author's permission is prohibited with most licenses (and when under no license usage is strictly forbidden, let alone alteration). You basically just admitted to breaking copyright laws. Now please explain to me how I can't say you too are in the wrong here instead of childishly stating my opinion is invalid because I don't know the full details on something. It's your topic created by a staff member, if you don't want people to share their opinion, lock it. If you don't want people to share their opinion without knowing the full details, then provide the full details. We were given freedom of speech to express our opinions, therefore you can always expect people to voice their thoughts.

Instead of having a bitch fit about how "an 18 year old" is acting "immature" (once again, he too was in the wrong by making threats), how about you look at yourself for a second and question your own behaviour towards the parties involved and any other community members. I'm utterly sick and tired of your behaviour towards those who may not agree with your opinions and views (a great example of your immaturity shining in this aspect is the Oil Rig thread, throwing insults at your own members voicing an opinion). You created a successful community, now please don't screw it up by turning into an ignorant and egocentric prick.

TL;DR Either provide full details or stop whining about people voicing their opinions on something one of your staff members posted.
Totally True! I can understand why MiKeY did what he did its not like UGX is the most friendly team ever *no harm intended*
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:02:36 pm by UndeadGaming
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
We were just in the process to allow users to opt-in to use the new theme.
The work invovled on the site was by Mikey and Andy (treminaor) and there was no time (because of recent events) to reimplement theme parts.

We took it down for now, to avoid further issues for now.
(Only Andy and me can do this and we both were quite busy o.o)

Also about the designs, that involves the UGXL, UGXLIN designs as well.
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
I have been reading the thread and as more and more is posted my opinion doesn't change:

- My password is said to be safe
- There appears to be no breach in the UGX information
- everyone is pissed and saying things they don't mean
- people are saying things they dont even have enough information about

My recommendation: a UGX moderator should delete this entire post and send out a more formal message stating there is no threat. I am losing professional respect for the site and for Trem just by the way the moderators are going about this. Keep it under control guys. You own this site! Be professional!

As for Mikey, enough about his immaturity is already shown just by what I have read from his personal posts

+1 respect for Harry being professional/neutral still  8) ;)

Is it not better to have this, for people to outlet how they feel? Instead of having users go around bringing it up on other posts..
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
I don't think we have anything to feel dude. This isn't our mess. This is between UGX and Mikey. We can't do anything but change our passwords anyway.

The point is, people can express how they feel about the entire situation. Obviously this affected more than just UGX and Mikey. Locking the topic would only make people want to talk about it somewhere else, which would effectively mean it spreading to several topics. Which in my opinion, is a waste.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
So let me get this straight:
You specifically state you wouldn't use his designs anymore yet continue to edit (and therefore continue to use) them in contradiction to yourself. You then claim it looks nothing like the designs Mikey created yet clearly it's nearly the exact same. You might want to learn about copyright laws. Alteration without the author's permission is prohibited with most licenses (and when under no license usage is strictly forbidden, let alone alteration). You basically just admitted to breaking copyright laws.
As Delta said we have not yet had time to remove anything which is an "alteration of his design", we are working on it as fast as we can. The fact that people were able to apply the theme via a url exploit was beyond my control and never intended - this is a problem with SMF not us. For now we have disabled the theme entirely to prevent further exploitation. As I already stated previously in the topic anything that belongs to him will be removed. The rest of the theme was either a joint effort or entirely of my effort and will not be removed because it belongs to the team.

Instead of having a bitch fit about how "an 18 year old" is acting "immature" (once again, he too was in the wrong by making threats), how about you look at yourself for a second and question your own behaviour towards the parties involved and any other community members. I'm utterly sick and tired of your behaviour towards those who may not agree with your opinions and views (a great example of your immaturity shining in this aspect is the Oil Rig thread, throwing insults at your own members voicing an opinion).
You seem pretty mature now (/sarcasm), did you forget the little fit you threw before on this site before exiling yourself and then coming back? I'm supposed to take you seriously now? You have zero involvement in either side's affairs for this issue, I am under no obligation to consider your views as anything more than what they are: your views. They are not automatically facts.
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
I don't think we have anything to feel dude. This isn't our mess. This is between UGX and Mikey. We can't do anything but change our passwords anyway.

It's everyone's problem, its our information potentially at risk, this is not just between ugx and mikey, the problem with threating 200000 people is that you invlove them aswell
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
I have been reading the thread and as more and more is posted my opinion doesn't change:

My recommendation: a UGX moderator should delete this entire post and send out a more formal message stating there is no threat. I am losing professional respect for the site and for Trem just by the way the moderators are going about this. Keep it under control guys. You own this site! Be professional!

As for Mikey, enough about his immaturity is already shown just by what I have read from his personal posts

well to be fair i and the other moderators are not involved with this aspect. We solely maintain the forums and chat ;)

Cant agree with posting here is no thread though, as at this stage, theres no way to know for sure if there is "or" isnt really. Other than words, which are the opposite to previously spoken words

UGX is the most friendly team ever *no harm intended*

dose our wealth of what? 5 posts a year tell you this or?... Last time you were even active was the zero tolerance policy - and in that post you were more than happy with the UGX team....

and people wonder why we get annoyed...
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Trem this describes all of us, hence why I said this post should be deleted entirely.
they are right tho, if we block a topic like this it just spreads to the general discussion board and chat - then turns nasty

Its better to let people speak their piece in a dedicated place, assuming it can stay mature
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Hopefully this topic continues with maturity and with good points rather than people making off-topic comments and just saying anything, that pops into their minds. I am sure, that team will get this issue fixed as soon as possible, so that another drama event can die off
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:28:05 pm by HitmanVere
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Hopefully this topic continues with maturity and with good points rather than people making off-topic comments and just saying anything, that pops into their minds. I am sure, that team will get this issue fixed as soon as possible, so that another drama event can die off
... to make room -> for more drama  :D
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
As a new member I haven't seen a blow up like this, so I will have to take your word for it. I just don't like to see so much bitching over something we dont really have a say in.
lol yea youve missed a lot then. For he most part its ok just occasionally things get out of hand -
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Trem this describes all of us, hence why I said this post should be deleted entirely.
This topic was originally intended as a discussion of the potential information leak, not a fight over which side is lying. However the topic developed into this once Mikey chose to reveal that he likes fucking around with the info of 200,000 people as a joke and/or scare tactic. So here we are.

We could have simply not made any type of announcement and called Mikey's bluff, but that would be very irresponsible of us if all of our users are in potential danger. So we took the most honest course of action and made an announcement informing everyone of the potential threat immediately. If we had a working newsletter system we would have sent out an email to every member as well, but we currently do not. We are working on finding one that works.
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site

We wanted to make users aware that there is a potentional issue.
There was a possible breach, the showed data was the database start and if there is just the slightest chance of stolen data, I rather make every user aware to change their passwords.

I would expect this from any site, that someone who I did not initially gave permission to store / use this data, has it now.
Saying there is no threat is something I would expect from a big company, who cares more about their PR than the user.
And I try to be professional here >,> Ignoring this issue would be careless!

If someone threatens you with "Yeah, I dumped the forums database. " + "Feel free to continue to use my designs but just know I will action a DMCA and I will also hand the db out to people." and then ends the conversation and leaves what exactly would you do?

Personal story: The last time I had an issue with someone who had greater power (more access on the server) he went insane and took down three entire servers. So pardon me if I take threats seriously, where I could imagine that they might happen.

Loading ...