UGX-Mods

UGX-Mods => Announcements => Topic started by: Delta on January 21, 2016, 07:22:26 pm

Title: [Notice] UGX-Mods Data Stolen (January 2016)
Post by: Delta on January 21, 2016, 07:22:26 pm
Update for January 23rd 2016 can be viewed here (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9865.msg109099.html#msg109099). The topic is now locked.

Unfortunately we have to inform every registered user about a possible but unlikely database leak today.

Our former team member Mikey 'AoKMiKeY' dumped the whole development database with over 192k user records. The development database is a separate copy of our real forum database which we use on a separate copy of the forum for development and testing purposes. This database is as recent as November 8th 2015, with 191,980 members in it.

Michael has threatened us saying he intends to release this development database to the public, so for the safety of your own personal information please do the following steps and keep reading:

Please do change your password(s)!
Change your UGX-Mods password! 
>> Directlink to change account password << (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=account;updated)
If you used your UGX-Mods password somewhere else, please do also change these!
We highly recommend you use for each webseite / account a new strong password in general!

What data has been stolen and might be leaked:

Data from around 192k users.
(if your user id is higher than 214587 / your account was created after November 8th then you shouldn't be affected)

The data considered to be private / sensetive is:
  • IP Address
  • Password (we do only store the hash, but a bruteforce could be possible)
  • E-Mail Address
  • 219,250 PM Conversations until 8th November 2015 (the conversations are not encrypted! They are plain text!)
  • Donations history (full name from paypal, ypaypal E-Mail Address
  • Secret question and (encrypted!) answer
Other data:
  • Chat messages & chat log
  • SMF log files
Please change your password ASAP!

I want to be as transparent as possible, this was the last conversation we had with Michael:
Hidden Text
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F6yFrK5y.png&hash=59f8360ce45fe9ab758b7ec23fb9357194b3df3f)

I would like to explain the long story but we have currently bigger issues to tackle first like containing security issues,
I'll update this announcement with it once things calmed a bit down here.

I would like to apologize in behalf of the UGX-Mods team, this shouldn't happen at all and we are deeply sorry to have to bring this news to you.

If you have further concerns or questions:
- Alexander 'Delta' Diller
In behalf of the UGX-Mods team
Title: Re: [Warning] UGX-Mods Profile Data Stolen!
Post by: Exofile on January 21, 2016, 07:45:27 pm
Nice to be open about this, such a shame this happened. I trust you know what you're doing to go onwards with this, so keep on doing the great job you're doing, and this will turn out great, I can most surely assume. :)
Post by: daedra descent on January 21, 2016, 08:25:06 pm
What about links in our profile, like Steam? Does he have those as well?
Post by: Delta on January 21, 2016, 08:32:19 pm
What about links in our profile, like Steam? Does he have those as well?
Yes, technically any data you put on the forum and saved it.
But those "social" informations are public to anyone.
Post by: AoKMiKeY on January 21, 2016, 08:40:38 pm
By Delta: brought back the original message, without leaked internal image of UGXL

Haha, This is amazing to see. By the way thats not my name. Nice try though? I don't know. I do not give out my name. Well I will have to give it you. You got the first name correct. My name is Michael.

Right so lets get this clear. I was scaring you. I took some lines from the db and then got that shit off my system. I am not stupid enough to handle a file like that. I then continued to put it in the middle of a large spaced out document and sent you a screenshot. This was a scare tactic. I am not stupid I did not take anything and nor do I have anything to leak.

For everyone of whom is currently thinking I am the bad guy:
I am not going to go into all of the whole thing because its about 6 - 7 months of drama and shit. I started working for UGX as their UI Designer. Working on UGXL ( UGX Launcher ), UGXLIN ( UGX Launcher Installer ), and UGXHP ( UGX Homepage ). I was doing this all for free to help out the community I love so much. I wanted to better this site and better it for the community and not for UGX.

I had been working with them on designs and concepts and then finally working on getting them up and running. ( like this. The UGXL main screen. {removed screenshot of application}

over the months of working with UGX I started to become the bad guy in their eyes. I was continually trying to change things to better the community but it was met with a huge amount of negativity and on some cases abuse / just being a dick. I kept on working with them despite all of this and in the end I could not take the shit from Delta and some of the shit from Trem and I wanted to leave. ( of course all of this would be told extremely differently in their eyes. But what ever. )

I sent them this message:
http://pastebin.com/17KrdN7a (http://pastebin.com/17KrdN7a)

This is me saying that I have come to the end of my time at UGX and I am basically being forced to leave because of stress and how much time the projects have been taking. I also stated that I would be taking my work with me.

This is where they became children by saying that I have been threatening them with legal action where in reality I just stated what I would do if my work was to be continued / copied.

They then become extremely defensive and I had to stop. I left them with a simple agreement to agree to. They where given the choose to have my designs, concepts and all the work I have done for them excluding the source files and all they would need to agree to is to keep me in the credits for the designs while they where using my designs. Seems pretty fair to me. Right?. Delta spouted a load of crap about how he wanted to take legal action and how they would try to tie me to an agreement that I was never given.

Well in the end I asked them if they had come to a decision and they said they decline in about the most cuntish way possible.

So I scared them. I was bored of the shit. I was board of delta and I wanted 5 minutes of them shitting them selves. So I faked having a db. Seems fair enough right? You be a cunt to me and I will get my own back?

Sure I am not perfect but I really really tried to make it work.

I have skype dumps of all of the conversations but I need to go though and remove anything that is classified as secret / not public information regarding UGX. I will be sure to give them to who ever wants them.

To anyone that actually knows me. You know I am a nice guy. You know I would not do evil shit for no reason. I have always tried to help this community out and for once I got bored of the shit.

So to everyone that has changes their passwords. I apologise for UGX not looking into how a file was made or requesting any more proof than a small screenshot that basically had a lot of numbers and information I could have made up seeing as I know how the SMF DB works.

So yeah. Take this how you will. I am not the bad party in all of this. I offered and extremely nice agreement and they decided to turn it down and act like children. I will also pastebin this response because I know it is going to be removed.
Post by: Centric on January 21, 2016, 08:51:27 pm
What? Mikey why would you do this? Back when I was really active on here you were always so helpful?
Post by: Ramiabdh on January 21, 2016, 09:03:38 pm
This sounds weird, I was checking today and saw that you were no longer a staff guy, so I thought that you have resigned or quit. And you didn't have donor membership, but you do now, weird. Anyway, if I assume the story you told is correct, were you seem to be the good guy, you shouldn't have talked about legal stuff, especially with someone our relation with has grown worse. Maybe you should've approached the subject in a different way. Please don't think of my reply as hostile for either ugx staff guys or michael, I'm just speaking my opinion. Thanks

Spoiler: click to open...
Also you guys screwed me, I could hardly think of a new password :troll:
Post by: DeletedUser on January 21, 2016, 09:15:58 pm
Was is really necessary to delete Mikey's post? 
Post by: RichGaming on January 21, 2016, 09:18:35 pm
Well Shit.....
Post by: Lukkie1998 on January 21, 2016, 09:19:27 pm
<Message Removed, Mikey's post has been brought back without the screenshot>
Post by: Delta on January 21, 2016, 09:20:20 pm
Was is really necessary to delete Mikey's post?
Yes, temporarily because of leaked informations (screenshot)
I could have also taken it down according to normal forum rules, because beeing insulted.

Post by: DeletedUser on January 21, 2016, 09:20:36 pm
It had screenshots included from a new version of UGXL (not about the theme, but functions/other things) which are not for the public to be seen yet.

Lukkie1998
Than why not just delete the screenshots?
Post by: liamsa669 on January 21, 2016, 09:27:06 pm
and people though i was bad  :troll:
Post by: DeathBringerZen on January 21, 2016, 09:38:33 pm
and people though i was bad  :troll:

Not really man. You just had a bad few months is all but I remember you being a solid and helpful member back when you were working on your Tranzit map. You were the one who chose to have your account deleted. You were never banned.
Post by: liamsa669 on January 21, 2016, 09:44:21 pm
Not really man. You just had a bad few months is all but I remember you being a solid and helpful member back when you were working on your Tranzit map. You were the one who chose to have your account deleted. You were never banned.
try telling that to my poor 3 accounts :'( (2 of which i sacrificed to test a bypass of the bansystem, and 1 was banned for "stealing" the Requrim from greenlungs), but there has been talks about banning me cuz i do participate in  :troll:ing
Post by: DeathBringerZen on January 21, 2016, 09:50:10 pm
try telling that to my poor 3 accounts :'( (2 of which i sacrificed to test a bypass of the bansystem, and 1 was banned for "stealing" the Requrim from greenlungs), but there has been talks about banning me cuz i do participate in  :troll:ing

I am sure you will be fine man. Just chill on the whole trolling thing and concentrate more on the whole radiant thing and it will be all good.  ;)
Post by: IHammY/ on January 21, 2016, 10:06:51 pm
I dont want to be the guy that says i told you so but... WTF did you expect when you hired mikey?  :poker:
Post by: daedra descent on January 21, 2016, 10:09:02 pm
Now that i am home...

Yes, technically any data you put on the forum and saved it.
But those "social" informations are public to anyone.

And can be used to link different social accounts and identities, which was what i was concerned about: if someone could use the link, username, and password information to make fraudulent transactions on someone's Steam account.

10. You will never threaten another site members' personal property, family, or life.

WTF? He clearly threatened to dump private information and he wasn't banned? I understand that it wasn't a direct threat against someone's life and all, but the information that he *claimed* he had and was going to dump could put someone's life's at risk.
Post by: Alerion on January 21, 2016, 10:15:37 pm
WTF? He clearly threatened to dump private information and he wasn't banned? I understand that it wasn't a direct threat against someone's life and all, but the information that he *claimed* he had and was going to dump could put someone's life's at risk.

Well, he is now
Post by: UndeadGaming on January 21, 2016, 10:30:23 pm
Well.......Rekt noscope style 360 spins
Post by: Scobalula on January 21, 2016, 10:32:21 pm
One of the main reasons any important accounts I have (Gmail, Steam, etc.) have very secure passwords and 2-step verification where possible. :please:
Post by: steviewonder87 on January 21, 2016, 11:14:29 pm
Ah Custom Zombies - possibly the only online 'community' where a mutually beneficial and friendly relationship can turn into threats and litigation over a chat on Skype. Awesome :).
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 01:00:18 am
Ah Custom Zombies - possibly the only online 'community' where a mutually beneficial and friendly relationship can turn into threats and litigation over a chat on Skype. Awesome :).
tis how we role

Modders hate the words "benficial" and "optional" and especially "pay"

:D
Post by: Rorke on January 22, 2016, 01:42:40 am
Urm.....I don't know what to say I'm more speechless than Peter griffin in sex face.
Post by: tomikaze on January 22, 2016, 01:47:43 am
tis how we role

Modders hate the words "benficial" and "optional" and especially "pay"

:D
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fqf2Ezdv.png%3F2&hash=055ac4b3376d6e876bbb8a9d9dd31671b216cfa3)
Post by: tomikaze on January 22, 2016, 02:31:11 am
People are still holding on to Stevie rolling in the dough! More power to you Stevie, it's not like you dont know your stuff.

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FqfwxWaT.jpg%3F1&hash=b25359a04a78fa74bcda70b681ba6a65139feac7)
Post by: sedozz on January 22, 2016, 02:37:29 am
I can't begin to say I understand the fullness of the issue. But usually if you agree to do work for someone for free, you don't really have any claim to prohibit the use of the source code later down the road (in my opinion).

And if you don't want to be the bad guy don't make serious threats that involve a hundred thousand people's information. That's just immature.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 02:42:31 am
I can't begin to say I understand the fullness of the issue. But usually if you agree to do work for someone for free, you don't really have any claim to prohibit the use of the source code later down the road (in my opinion).

And if you don't want to be the bad guy don't make serious threats that involve a hundred thousand people's information. That's just immature.
depends on what - if any - terms were laid out before hand
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 05:15:38 am
Can't say I understand tomikaze's photo  ::)

Also Mikey has no chance stealing my identity as he doesnt even know my real name.................
I DO!

i cant say it 3 times or the little bugger appears near you and wont go away ;)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 05:36:44 am
:accepted:
lol sorry, couldnt resist ;)
Post by: treminaor on January 22, 2016, 07:33:40 am
Sorry it's been all day without any words from me on the situation but I've been occupied all day since shortly after I woke up to this news and discussed a plan of action with Delta. He and the rest of the UGX Staff have handled this very nicely in my absence and it is very appreciated.

TL;DR of my response:
Mikey was the first one to make any threats to us. We have not made any threats in return. He first threatened legal action, then threatened a database leak. Our only response we we no longer wanted any of his "copyrighted" designs in our program and would not sign any contract with him, and if he brought legal action against us we would do the same to him. This clearly pissed him off and he threw a little fit earlier posting pictures of the (currently) private UGX Launcher design update as well as the supposed database leak he has.

Full response:
Haha, This is amazing to see. By the way thats not my name. Nice try though? I don't know. I do not give out my name. Well I will have to give it you. You got the first name correct. My name is Michael.
Sorry we didn't get your name spelled correctly, we must have been too concerned with you leaking the personal data of nearly 200,000 people for absolutely no reason to make sure your first name was spelled in the correct form.

Right so lets get this clear. I was scaring you. I took some lines from the db and then got that shit off my system. I am not stupid enough to handle a file like that. I then continued to put it in the middle of a large spaced out document and sent you a screenshot. This was a scare tactic. I am not stupid I did not take anything and nor do I have anything to leak.
So you're not stupid enough to rip and store our dataabse but you're stupid enough to threaten that you did in order to get your own way. Oh that's SUPER smart (/sarcasm). We have zero proof that you did not rip or store the entire database, or that you deleted whatever you did take. Why would we trust your word on that now? We don't trust you at all anymore.

This is where they became children by saying that I have been threatening them with legal action where in reality I just stated what I would do if my work was to be continued / copied.
Nothing about our response to you has been childish. We respond to threats with appropriate action. Using scare tactics is childish. 

They then become extremely defensive and I had to stop. I left them with a simple agreement to agree to. They where given the choose to have my designs, concepts and all the work I have done for them excluding the source files and all they would need to agree to is to keep me in the credits for the designs while they where using my designs. Seems pretty fair to me. Right?. Delta spouted a load of crap about how he wanted to take legal action and how they would try to tie me to an agreement that I was never given.
You did not leave us with a simple agreement, you left us with a fake ultimatum. Either we sign an agreement with you to keep the designs or we discard your designs. We chose to disgard your designs and start over, which apparently caused you to go ape shit and make all kinds of threats to our community and our team.

So I scared them. I was bored of the shit. I was board of delta and I wanted 5 minutes of them shitting them selves. So I faked having a db. Seems fair enough right? You be a cunt to me and I will get my own back?
This is pure gold. You accuse us of being childish dicks and them plainly admit that for 5 minutes of entertainment you threaten 200,000 people. That's TOTALLY not childish!

Good riddance, should have gone with my gut and never brought you onboard to the UGX Team.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 07:41:57 am
lol funny stuff

Good riddance, should have gone with my gut and never brought you onboard to the UGX Team.

should have been me... been me... been me...
Post by: Tim Smith on January 22, 2016, 07:44:35 am
You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking? Mikey is my friend he will never do such a thing .
Post by: Exofile on January 22, 2016, 07:47:51 am
You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking? Mikey is my friend he will never do such a thing .

I have spoke to Mikey myself, no this was not a joke.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 07:48:36 am
the evidence and list of people coming forward sayin "yeah never liked that guy" says otherwise lol

Like said previously, he "was" working with DualVII and friends, until they too also got annoyed with him and his ways

when he helped me he bound half my keys to vidrestart so half the keys i hit reset my game ( he did this while using my PC via teamviewer, this is the only reason i found them at all, with someone elses help in the end )... took me FOREVER to find them as i was new back then...

Give you one example, my crouch button. So when i was testing D2P i was constantly restarting my game and couldnt find why

He also ran a program on my mod.csv to "make it better and actually organized" - i think his term was ( despite being perfectly well organized ) This duplicated just about every asset like 10 times in my mod.csv. As you can guess, just imagine the sound alias erors due to being called multiple times...
Post by: Tim Smith on January 22, 2016, 07:58:03 am
I have spoke to Mikey myself, no this was not a joke.
belive me exo, mikey is a good kid he must be at some kind of a trouble to do such a thing. Now most of my assets in my pm should i change my PS?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 07:59:59 am
lol yea sounds like a real stand up guy, threatening 200,000 people over a picture or two - threatening legal action and what knot

messing with newbies mod tools so they get permenantly fucked until some genius comes along and puts it back, upsetting just about everyone i know thats met him

Yea, what a guy ;)

he claims that he never got the access so in theory you dont need to. And if hes your "friend" you dont really need to worry anyway

but "we" suggest you change it
Post by: Tim Smith on January 22, 2016, 08:02:27 am
the evidence and list of people coming forward sayin "yeah never liked that guy" says otherwise lol

Like said previously, he "was" working with DualVII and friends, until they too also got annoyed with him and his ways

when he helped me he bound half my keys to vidrestart so half the keys i hit reset my game ( he did this while using my PC via teamviewer, this is the only reason i found them at all, with someone elses help in the end )... took me FOREVER to find them as i was new back then...

Give you one example, my crouch button. So when i was testing D2P i was constantly restarting my game and couldnt find why

He also ran a program on my mod.csv to "make it better and actually organized" - i think his term was ( despite being perfectly well organized ) This duplicated just about every asset like 10 times in my mod.csv. As you can guess, just imagine the sound alias erors due to being called multiple times...
lol hahahahahahah harry i fell from my chair just laughing.
Post by: Exofile on January 22, 2016, 08:02:58 am
belive me exo, mikey is a good kid he must be at some kind of a trouble to do such a thing. Now most of my assets in my pm should i change my PS?

I know his explanation of this whole case. I know UGX' explanation on it. I won't namecall either . The fact is Mikey did threaten UGX and it's members, doesn't matter how kind he might be.
Post by: jjbradman on January 22, 2016, 08:18:38 am
and you missed the golden age back in zombiemodding :3
Post by: treminaor on January 22, 2016, 08:22:03 am
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.andy-king.me%2F707a3741f34c9e755368d91701556e40.png&hash=592e549f84e27945f7d7f460feb34b3f137e34a6)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 08:22:09 am
lol hahahahahahah harry i fell from my chair just laughing.
as funny as it sounds - this was part of the reason my perk release was so damned late

this shit is funny - only to the person doing it

but remember... he aint a child...
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 10:54:41 am
why does this site seem to be a magnet for these people?
Post by: Tim Smith on January 22, 2016, 11:00:55 am
why does this site seem to be a magnet for these people?
you got me man, idk the last thing i need is someone to steal my assets lol.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 11:13:43 am
you got me man, idk the last thing i need is someone to steal my assets lol.
mate try being me and pieman.... we get robbed left right and centre lol

funny thing is the people they try to rob my shit from come annd tell / show me, so its pretty damn obvious lol
Post by: Sidzzz on January 22, 2016, 11:42:32 am
If this threat is yet imminent, wouldn't it be more prudent to have an automated email sent out to every last member? I'm sure a reasonable number of the members aren't active members.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 11:48:23 am
If this threat is yet imminent, wouldn't it be more prudent to have an automated email sent out to every last member? I'm sure a reasonable number of the members aren't active members.
the entire database is "allegedly" in his possession so that's 200,000 accounts - there is no way to check who is or isnt active these days, and if they have been here "recently" or not shouldn't make a difference

fact is he claims it was a bluff, not much we can do beyond what we have done
Post by: Sidzzz on January 22, 2016, 11:51:46 am
the entire database is "allegedly" in his possession so that's 200,000 accounts - there is no way to check who is or isnt active these days, and if they have been here "recently" or not shouldn't make a difference

fact is he claims it was a bluff, not much we can do beyond what we have done

It doesn't matter as to whether or not the member is active. The enquiry was as to whether or not an automated email could be sent to ALL members. And I don't think you can trust the validity of the statement saying the threat was a bluff.
Post by: Centric on January 22, 2016, 12:13:39 pm
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.andy-king.me%2F707a3741f34c9e755368d91701556e40.png&hash=592e549f84e27945f7d7f460feb34b3f137e34a6)

Lukkies response makes that perfect.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 12:18:57 pm
It doesn't matter as to whether or not the member is active. The enquiry was as to whether or not an automated email could be sent to ALL members. And I don't think you can trust the validity of the statement saying the threat was a bluff.
and im saying its "too many" members to contact, plus over 70% wont even check the email....
Post by: HitmanVere on January 22, 2016, 12:30:23 pm
Lukkies response makes that perfect.

:lol:
Post by: Lukkie1998 on January 22, 2016, 02:29:37 pm
Unfortunately sending an email to over 200.000+ email accounts takes a lot more than just pressing a single button. Most Server providers limit emails to prevent spam mails being sent. This is the only way we can let everyone know at this moment.

Lukkie1998
Post by: BuIlDaLiBlE on January 22, 2016, 02:48:51 pm
Wow. I came to UGX to check some stuff and what a drama you have here!
Post by: Exofile on January 22, 2016, 03:05:52 pm
Wow. I came to UGX to check some stuff and what a drama you have here!

This is not an everyday thing. Unexpected things happen in the brightest of places. What matters is how it is dealt with.
Post by: Utamia on January 22, 2016, 03:18:56 pm
Theres more to the story isnt there, I think ugx is holding back something
Post by: Bwc66930 on January 22, 2016, 03:20:15 pm
More then meets the eyes! UGX kidnapped Mikey's family and is now in a active volcano
Post by: tomikaze on January 22, 2016, 03:34:00 pm
You sir, are a genius!

Other than the UGX team telling us about a potential security breach, which they did, I fail to see how anything else is our business. If they want to hold back other information then who cares; it isn't like they owe it to us to disclose all of their interactions with AoKMikeY.
Post by: Delta on January 22, 2016, 03:46:27 pm
As Luke already said, it's not that easy.
I'm on it, to implement a newsletter system but we are all quite busy here - but I try to take the time now and implement it over the week and test it.

This whole thing is not a big threat. This kinda happened all the time in communities.
Zombie Modding's database was also "stolen" by tom, who put up a new site with this database.

With great power (access to the database) comes great responsibility and clearly we see here a misuse of this.
We, well I try my best to keep the data secure against unauthorized people.
Mikey was part of UGX-Mods for some monthes and we thought we could expend his access as he gained some trust.
Well we found out we were dead wrong :C

It's very unlikely that anyone should face any "hacking issues" with his account(s).
We just wanted to make sure and let everyone know that there is an issue,
and we just recommend to change all passwords / accounts who use the mail + password combination.

An example with my hashed password:
I ran a bruteforce check, which takes >10 years for the CPU and >5 years with my GPU.
And this is actually the best case, because I know how long it is and what possible chars it contains.

So your passwords should be secure, unless you use an unsecure oone (classics like 1234 or password)

I don't want to sound this incedent nice, but I also don't want that ppl are completely scared now.
All the data stored in the database can be usually retrieved via social engineering via google.
Post by: JWofle on January 22, 2016, 05:11:10 pm
lol yea sounds like a real stand up guy, threatening 200,000 people over a picture or two - threatening legal action and what knot
It's not just a picture, it's pretty much a whole concept/design. A bit more than 'a picture or two'.

At this point I'm not going to immediately say you're spreading shit but do you actually have any evidence of this? Also, if this really happened why didn't you tell anybody before?

Just wondering..
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on January 22, 2016, 05:33:54 pm
This some alterIWNet/FourDeltaOne/alterOps shit lol.

In any case I'm just a bystander here.
Post by: ricko0z on January 22, 2016, 05:35:32 pm
This some alterIWNet/FourDeltaOne/alterOps shit lol.

And now is Repz xD
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on January 22, 2016, 05:43:49 pm
And now is Repz xD

OH HELL NO

UGX plz no repz status I'll die
Post by: JR-Imagine on January 22, 2016, 06:41:04 pm
Posting this on behalf of Mikey:
So Trem says this “You did not leave us with a simple agreement, you left us with a fake ultimatum. Either we sign an agreement with you to keep the designs or we discard your designs. We chose to disgard your designs and start over”

And then UGX Does this http://prntscr.com/9tghyp (http://prntscr.com/9tghyp)

So if UGX are saying they are discarding my designs then why are they continuing to use them for the site?

More lies from UGX. I will talk more about it when I am unbanned tonight. Also Harry is out right lying about the code thing. I have never helped him to my knowledge the last thing I would do is try to mess up a project or to bind keys to vid_restart? Like WTF.

here is my concept for the new theme. Just a little more proof that they are going against their word with everything.

http://i.imgur.com/kJVMhTa.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/kJVMhTa.jpg)
Here it using my javascript code.
Here it is saying its loading my css ( the sites style )

So yeah. That is just amazing. Trem please try to lie with out leaving things like that in there.

http://imgur.com/ouRFmNl (http://imgur.com/ouRFmNl)

I put hours worth of work into that and Trem is out right using it although refusing my offer to keep the site.

See you will all learn this soon enough. UGX Lies. They are not being transparent they are being careful with what they say and what they show you.

Personal note:
Mikey simply needed someone to post this in his name therefore I did. I have no quarrel with UGX nor Mikey, but I don't like misinformation. Personally I feel both parties are in the wrong here.

(FYI: Second screenshot is from my machine and the reason it looks weird is because I forgot to turn off my Stylish theme I run on UGX.)
Post by: DeletedUser on January 22, 2016, 08:00:45 pm
So it must be every user that AoKMiKeY took from the UGX-MOD site :'( :o
Post by: treminaor on January 22, 2016, 09:15:12 pm
So it must be every user that AoKMiKeY took from the UGX-MOD site :'( :o
For all we know, yes. He can't prove he didn't.

Personally I feel both parties are in the wrong here.
Ah yes because you know 100% of the story from both sides right?  :facepalm:

So if UGX are saying they are discarding my designs then why are they continuing to use them for the site?
Oh don't worry it will continue to be redesigned until it no longer contains anything from you. I did not intend for donors to find out they had access to it, their access has now been revoked until the development is done.

More lies from UGX. I will talk more about it when I am unbanned tonight.
"More lies"? We haven't lied about anything.

http://i.imgur.com/kJVMhTa.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/kJVMhTa.jpg)
Here it using my javascript code.
Here it is saying its loading my css ( the sites style )

So yeah. That is just amazing. Trem please try to lie with out leaving things like that in there.
Again I haven't lied about anything. Perhaps you should also tell people you are only responsible for the design of the homepage, nav bar, and the board index while you're at it? And that the entire rest of the theme was progressed by me? Don't worry about your precious javascript slider, I'll have that removed and replaced with something that works properly before anything goes public. The design is also subject to change although it barely even looks like your concept any more.

See you will all learn this soon enough. UGX Lies. They are not being transparent they are being careful with what they say and what they show you.
Oh please, feel free to show something that proves this. You're so full of shit it's leaking out of your eye sockets.
Post by: DeletedUser on January 22, 2016, 09:23:41 pm
I'm not either side of this argument but the question is why is MiKeY mad all a sudden at you guys the (UGX-Team) did you do something to annoy him? Or is he just mad for no reason and took the info?  :o
Post by: treminaor on January 22, 2016, 09:27:40 pm
I'm not either side of this argument but the question is why is MiKeY mad all a sudden at you guys the (UGX-Team) did you do something to annoy him? Or is he just mad for no reason and took the info?  :o
He's mad because since he left the team we don't want to use the UGX Launcher designs he spent time on. Clearly it's really annoyed him that his time went to waste.
Post by: DeletedUser on January 22, 2016, 09:31:23 pm
He's mad because since he left the team we don't want to use the UGX Launcher designs he spent time on. Clearly it's really annoyed him that his time went to waste.

In my opinion, If he spent time working on the design for the UGX Launcher he should be able to used it because its something he spent his time on when he could be working on other things :P

But Again that's just my opinion I can be right or I can be wrong :P
Post by: treminaor on January 22, 2016, 09:33:04 pm
In my opinion, If he spent time working on the design for the UGX Launcher he should be able to used it because its something he spent his time on when he could be working on other things :P

But Again that's just my opinion I can be right or I can be wrong :P
His terms for allowing us to use the designs were not something we wished to accept. Is something unclear about that? Why should be be forced? Or better yet why should he have the right threaten us if we don't?
Post by: Exofile on January 22, 2016, 09:41:35 pm
His terms for allowing us to use the designs were not something we wished to accept. Is something unclear about that? Why should be be forced? Or better yet why should he have the right threaten us if we don't?

Don't mean to oppose you, but was his term of the agreement he offered to simply credit him? Why would that not be desirable for you?

Also, a little side note, earlier you said
"Nothing about our response to you has been childish. We respond to threats with appropriate action. Using scare tactics is childish. "

Then later follow up with this?
"Oh please, feel free to show something that proves this. You're so full of shit it's leaking out of your eye sockets."

I'm not calling it chidlish, but I'm sure that could be said in better ways, no? :)
Post by: treminaor on January 22, 2016, 09:44:38 pm
Don't mean to oppose you, but was his term of the agreement he offered to simply credit him? Why would that not be desirable for you?
It didn't matter what the terms of agreement were. We no longer want to be associated with him, and that would include using his designs in the program. He would have gotten credit on the program even if none of this had happened and he was still on the team. There was never a thought of not giving him credit. This is simply how we want to handle the situation, I don't understand why we don't have a choice in what we do?

I'm not calling it chidlish, but I'm sure that could be said in better ways, no? :)
When you read an 18 year old constantly accusing your entire team of "lies lies and more lies" you start to get a little frustrated.
Post by: Exofile on January 22, 2016, 09:50:46 pm
It didn't matter what the terms of agreement were. We no longer want to be associated with him, and that would include using his designs in the program. He would have gotten credit on the program even if none of this had happened and he was still on the team. There was never a thought of not giving him credit. This is simply how we want to handle the situation, I don't understand why we don't have a choice in what we do?

Completely understandable. You should obviously get to choose what to include and not include in your works.

When you read an 18 year old constantly accusing your entire team of "lies lies and more lies" you start to get a little frustrated.

Agreeable, you're handling this in a mature fashion, a few words won't make a difference when the opposing party is spewing lies at you.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 09:55:42 pm
Agreeable, you're handling this in a mature fashion, a few words won't make a difference when the opposing party is spewing lies at you.
lol well he handles it better than I have on occasion at least lol  :D
Post by: DeletedUser on January 22, 2016, 10:02:11 pm
I think people should always tell the truth instead of spreading rumours about people ;)

And if the rumours are false I think they should come out to everyone and tell them they are false in this case MiKeY.  <3
Post by: JR-Imagine on January 22, 2016, 10:23:23 pm
Ah yes because you know 100% of the story from both sides right?  :facepalm:
So let me get this straight:
You specifically state you wouldn't use his designs anymore yet continue to edit (and therefore continue to use) them in contradiction to yourself. You then claim it looks nothing like the designs Mikey created yet clearly it's nearly the exact same. You might want to learn about copyright laws. Alteration without the author's permission is prohibited with most licenses (and when under no license usage is strictly forbidden, let alone alteration). You basically just admitted to breaking copyright laws. Now please explain to me how I can't say you too are in the wrong here instead of childishly stating my opinion is invalid because I don't know the full details on something. It's your topic created by a staff member, if you don't want people to share their opinion, lock it. If you don't want people to share their opinion without knowing the full details, then provide the full details. We were given freedom of speech to express our opinions, therefore you can always expect people to voice their thoughts.

Instead of having a bitch fit about how "an 18 year old" is acting "immature" (once again, he too was in the wrong by making threats), how about you look at yourself for a second and question your own behaviour towards the parties involved and any other community members. I'm utterly sick and tired of your behaviour towards those who may not agree with your opinions and views (a great example of your immaturity shining in this aspect is the Oil Rig thread, throwing insults at your own members voicing an opinion). You created a successful community, now please don't screw it up by turning into an ignorant and egocentric prick.

TL;DR Either provide full details or stop whining about people voicing their opinions on something one of your staff members posted.
Post by: tomikaze on January 22, 2016, 10:28:19 pm

:o I'm scared. JR, are you in there somewhere? If so, give me a sign. Tell me when Rise V3 is coming out.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 10:29:40 pm
woah lol, ok i think we all need to calm a little

woo-sa people, woo-sa  :D
Post by: UndeadGaming on January 22, 2016, 10:53:23 pm
You specifically state you wouldn't use his designs anymore yet continue to edit (and therefore continue to use) them in contradiction to yourself. You then claim it looks nothing like the designs Mikey created yet clearly it's nearly the exact same. You might want to learn about copyright laws. Alteration without the author's permission is prohibited with most licenses (and when under no license usage is strictly forbidden, let alone alteration). You basically just admitted to breaking copyright laws. Now please explain to me how I can't say you too are in the wrong here instead of childishly stating my opinion is invalid because I don't know the full details on something. It's your topic created by a staff member, if you don't want people to share their opinion, lock it. If you don't want people to share their opinion without knowing the full details, then provide the full details. We were given freedom of speech to express our opinions, therefore you can always expect people to voice their thoughts.

Instead of having a bitch fit about how "an 18 year old" is acting "immature" (once again, he too was in the wrong by making threats), how about you look at yourself for a second and question your own behaviour towards the parties involved and any other community members. I'm utterly sick and tired of your behaviour towards those who may not agree with your opinions and views (a great example of your immaturity shining in this aspect is the Oil Rig thread, throwing insults at your own members voicing an opinion). You created a successful community, now please don't screw it up by turning into an ignorant and egocentric prick.

TL;DR Either provide full details or stop whining about people voicing their opinions on something one of your staff members posted.
Totally True! I can understand why MiKeY did what he did its not like UGX is the most friendly team ever *no harm intended*
Post by: Delta on January 22, 2016, 11:01:49 pm
We were just in the process to allow users to opt-in to use the new theme.
The work invovled on the site was by Mikey and Andy (treminaor) and there was no time (because of recent events) to reimplement theme parts.

We took it down for now, to avoid further issues for now.
(Only Andy and me can do this and we both were quite busy o.o)

Also about the designs, that involves the UGXL, UGXLIN designs as well.
Post by: Exofile on January 22, 2016, 11:08:04 pm
I have been reading the thread and as more and more is posted my opinion doesn't change:

- My password is said to be safe
- There appears to be no breach in the UGX information
- everyone is pissed and saying things they don't mean
- people are saying things they dont even have enough information about

My recommendation: a UGX moderator should delete this entire post and send out a more formal message stating there is no threat. I am losing professional respect for the site and for Trem just by the way the moderators are going about this. Keep it under control guys. You own this site! Be professional!

As for Mikey, enough about his immaturity is already shown just by what I have read from his personal posts

+1 respect for Harry being professional/neutral still  8) ;)

Is it not better to have this, for people to outlet how they feel? Instead of having users go around bringing it up on other posts..
Post by: Exofile on January 22, 2016, 11:16:00 pm
I don't think we have anything to feel dude. This isn't our mess. This is between UGX and Mikey. We can't do anything but change our passwords anyway.

The point is, people can express how they feel about the entire situation. Obviously this affected more than just UGX and Mikey. Locking the topic would only make people want to talk about it somewhere else, which would effectively mean it spreading to several topics. Which in my opinion, is a waste.
Post by: treminaor on January 22, 2016, 11:16:16 pm
You specifically state you wouldn't use his designs anymore yet continue to edit (and therefore continue to use) them in contradiction to yourself. You then claim it looks nothing like the designs Mikey created yet clearly it's nearly the exact same. You might want to learn about copyright laws. Alteration without the author's permission is prohibited with most licenses (and when under no license usage is strictly forbidden, let alone alteration). You basically just admitted to breaking copyright laws.
As Delta said we have not yet had time to remove anything which is an "alteration of his design", we are working on it as fast as we can. The fact that people were able to apply the theme via a url exploit was beyond my control and never intended - this is a problem with SMF not us. For now we have disabled the theme entirely to prevent further exploitation. As I already stated previously in the topic anything that belongs to him will be removed. The rest of the theme was either a joint effort or entirely of my effort and will not be removed because it belongs to the team.

Instead of having a bitch fit about how "an 18 year old" is acting "immature" (once again, he too was in the wrong by making threats), how about you look at yourself for a second and question your own behaviour towards the parties involved and any other community members. I'm utterly sick and tired of your behaviour towards those who may not agree with your opinions and views (a great example of your immaturity shining in this aspect is the Oil Rig thread, throwing insults at your own members voicing an opinion).
You seem pretty mature now (/sarcasm), did you forget the little fit you threw before on this site before exiling yourself and then coming back? I'm supposed to take you seriously now? You have zero involvement in either side's affairs for this issue, I am under no obligation to consider your views as anything more than what they are: your views. They are not automatically facts.
Post by: smasher248 on January 22, 2016, 11:17:46 pm
I don't think we have anything to feel dude. This isn't our mess. This is between UGX and Mikey. We can't do anything but change our passwords anyway.

It's everyone's problem, its our information potentially at risk, this is not just between ugx and mikey, the problem with threating 200000 people is that you invlove them aswell
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 11:18:44 pm
I have been reading the thread and as more and more is posted my opinion doesn't change:

My recommendation: a UGX moderator should delete this entire post and send out a more formal message stating there is no threat. I am losing professional respect for the site and for Trem just by the way the moderators are going about this. Keep it under control guys. You own this site! Be professional!

As for Mikey, enough about his immaturity is already shown just by what I have read from his personal posts

well to be fair i and the other moderators are not involved with this aspect. We solely maintain the forums and chat ;)

Cant agree with posting here is no thread though, as at this stage, theres no way to know for sure if there is "or" isnt really. Other than words, which are the opposite to previously spoken words

UGX is the most friendly team ever *no harm intended*

dose our wealth of what? 5 posts a year tell you this or?... Last time you were even active was the zero tolerance policy - and in that post you were more than happy with the UGX team....

and people wonder why we get annoyed...
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 11:24:01 pm
Trem this describes all of us, hence why I said this post should be deleted entirely.
they are right tho, if we block a topic like this it just spreads to the general discussion board and chat - then turns nasty

Its better to let people speak their piece in a dedicated place, assuming it can stay mature
Post by: HitmanVere on January 22, 2016, 11:27:45 pm
Hopefully this topic continues with maturity and with good points rather than people making off-topic comments and just saying anything, that pops into their minds. I am sure, that team will get this issue fixed as soon as possible, so that another drama event can die off
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 11:28:33 pm
Hopefully this topic continues with maturity and with good points rather than people making off-topic comments and just saying anything, that pops into their minds. I am sure, that team will get this issue fixed as soon as possible, so that another drama event can die off
... to make room -> for more drama  :D
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 11:31:17 pm
As a new member I haven't seen a blow up like this, so I will have to take your word for it. I just don't like to see so much bitching over something we dont really have a say in.
lol yea youve missed a lot then. For he most part its ok just occasionally things get out of hand -
Post by: treminaor on January 22, 2016, 11:31:35 pm
Trem this describes all of us, hence why I said this post should be deleted entirely.
This topic was originally intended as a discussion of the potential information leak, not a fight over which side is lying. However the topic developed into this once Mikey chose to reveal that he likes fucking around with the info of 200,000 people as a joke and/or scare tactic. So here we are.

We could have simply not made any type of announcement and called Mikey's bluff, but that would be very irresponsible of us if all of our users are in potential danger. So we took the most honest course of action and made an announcement informing everyone of the potential threat immediately. If we had a working newsletter system we would have sent out an email to every member as well, but we currently do not. We are working on finding one that works.
Post by: Delta on January 22, 2016, 11:33:18 pm

We wanted to make users aware that there is a potentional issue.
There was a possible breach, the showed data was the database start and if there is just the slightest chance of stolen data, I rather make every user aware to change their passwords.

I would expect this from any site, that someone who I did not initially gave permission to store / use this data, has it now.
Saying there is no threat is something I would expect from a big company, who cares more about their PR than the user.
And I try to be professional here >,> Ignoring this issue would be careless!

If someone threatens you with "Yeah, I dumped the forums database. " + "Feel free to continue to use my designs but just know I will action a DMCA and I will also hand the db out to people." and then ends the conversation and leaves what exactly would you do?

Personal story: The last time I had an issue with someone who had greater power (more access on the server) he went insane and took down three entire servers. So pardon me if I take threats seriously, where I could imagine that they might happen.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 22, 2016, 11:35:17 pm
a bunch of people just refuse to understand the potential risks delta, we all know you do a fab job really ;)
Post by: HitmanVere on January 22, 2016, 11:49:26 pm
I get it now guys. Get that newsletter working because it sounds like the only emails I would read.

Yeah, the newsletter would help on cases like these. Some people tend to read emails rather than look up info in site
Post by: JR-Imagine on January 23, 2016, 12:11:19 am
As Delta said we have not yet had time to remove anything which is an "alteration of his design", we are working on it as fast as we can. The fact that people were able to apply the theme via a url exploit was beyond my control and never intended - this is a problem with SMF not us. For now we have disabled the theme entirely to prevent further exploitation. As I already stated previously in the topic anything that belongs to him will be removed. The rest of the theme was either a joint effort or entirely of my effort and will not be removed because it belongs to the team.
You seem pretty mature now (/sarcasm), did you forget the little fit you threw before on this site before exiling yourself and then coming back? I'm supposed to take you seriously now? You have zero involvement in either side's affairs for this issue, I am under no obligation to consider your views as anything more than what they are: your views. They are not automatically facts.
I had a multi-paragraph reply ready to be posted but then I decided to take your route and ignore the essence of the post, completely shoving aside all legitimate points made.

I mean, really? You actually think a 1 and a half year old thread is an accurate representation of my current level of maturity? And to use that as an excuse to ignore a perfectly valid statement? Thought someone your age would know better...

Honestly, if you can't be bothered to behave like a mature adult and address these concerns then I really can't be bothered to write a proper response either so unless you're going to man up and acknowledge you too were in the wrong I'm done here.
Post by: treminaor on January 23, 2016, 12:22:30 am
I mean, really? You actually think a 1 and a half year old thread is an accurate representation of my current level of maturity? And to use that as an excuse to ignore a perfectly valid statement? Thought someone your age would know better...
You think respect just magically comes back after passing time? Of course it's still relevant.

Honestly, if you can't be bothered to behave like a mature adult and address these concerns then I really can't be bothered to write a proper response either so unless you're going to man up and acknowledge you too were in the wrong I'm done here.
Bye again, see you again maybe in a year or so.
Post by: JR-Imagine on January 23, 2016, 12:43:57 am
You think respect just magically comes back after passing time? Of course it's still relevant.
Now all of sudden we're talking about respect? What happened to maturity? Just because you don't respect someone doesn't mean they can't be mature.

Since when does "I'm done here" imply I'm leaving the community? It simply means I'm done responding if no relevant points get addressed.
Post by: AoKMiKeY on January 23, 2016, 12:45:58 am

There is really not much I have to say. I think you reply to Jr-Imagine perfectly represents what is going on here.
I want to go into how harry is lying about what ever I did to his cod ( apparently ) and how all of this is a huge fabrication of the actual truth of what has been going on.

But no. I am not going to stoop as low as Trem and Delta have in this post. You both value your community as much as I would value my worst enemy. I have nothing more to say on this fact. I have no database. You feel for a trick.

I give a million apologies to everyone this has affected and I am truly sorry. I was mad. I was in a bad mood and I was being a little bit stupid. I never meant for this to happen. I didn't want any of this to happen. UGX ( Trem and Delta ) made me believe they where going to continue using my designs with out agreeing to give me credit. You can see why this would annoy me. I worked very hard for months to make these design.

I am frankly appalled by UGX for banning me after I reply to a topic to defend myself. Nothing more. Nothing less. I just wanted to DEFEND myself in the public's eye. You disrespect your members and you have the audacity to say you are being transparent but you only are when it looks bad on me. I have admitted my mistakes but you do not care to admit your own.

But yes. This is the final thing I am to say on this matter. I will not be stooping any lower I have already been forced to. Thank you to anyone that is smart enough or is able to see though all of the smoke and mirrors and see that there is two sides to every story. And I apologise again to every single member on UGX this has affect.

MiKeY.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 23, 2016, 12:46:48 am
The long and short is, a choice was offered. UGX picked one. Its not up to anyone else to judge them for choosing that decision

or it wouldnt be a "choice" in the first place

and i didnt lie mikey - Some one else had to come fix it for me coz i had no idea what you did- I "assumed" at the time it was for convenience. You seem to have a vague memory - but i dont. You came on to help me fix the sounds that were not working on my "non waw" perk machines... But now i found out i quesion why i would ever bind a restart command to my crouch button AND the "Q" key... come on now...

I certainly didnt bind the keys - you controlled my pc via teamviewer and did all kinds of shit i didnt understand - next thing i know my game is restarting left right and centre...

I was told by "people" i was talking to about this after it was discovered that you prob did it for kicks knowing i wouldnt be able to find it... judging by what you pulled here that sounds accurate... seems to be a public opinion of you...

then you ran that program on my mod.csv - next thing i knew every file was in there multiple times and i got a plethora of errors...

then you might notice i never asked for your "help" again...

and i would suspect they "temp" banned you because you were

1. Abusive
2. Showing leaked shots of launcher....
3. Publically saying you have hijacked the db which 100% effects THIS site...
Post by: JR-Imagine on January 23, 2016, 12:48:16 am
The long and short is, a choice was offered. UGX picked one. Its not up to anyone else to judge them for choosing that decision

or it wouldnt be a "choice" in the first place
That's the whole point, their choice was to drop anything Mikey made which they clearly are not as they are still developing the theme further.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 23, 2016, 12:49:17 am
That's the whole point, their choice was to drop anything Mikey made which they clearly are not as they are still developing the theme further.
as they have said, there has been little to no time between these developments - when exactly have they had a chance to even remove it?

And the fact it was never intended to even be seen, if people hadnt leaked it, would probably of alrady been removed before a "proper" release
Post by: Koan on January 23, 2016, 12:51:20 am
Can't we all just get along and make some cool mods? :alone:

Seriously I feel like a large chunk of users here have lost the sense of community. I see more people spewing bullshit here than I see people responding in the General Help section.
Post by: daedra descent on January 23, 2016, 01:01:16 am
I am frankly appalled by UGX for banning me after I reply to a topic to defend myself.

M8, you threatened to freaking dox innocent people who have done nothing to you. I don't give a crap if you didn't mean it or not, you never threaten people's lives like that. If i was Trem, i'd freaking IP ban you for pulling that crap. Why you aren't atleast account banned blows my freaking mind.
Post by: tomikaze on January 23, 2016, 01:35:30 am
M8, you threatened to freaking dox innocent people who have done nothing to you. I don't give a crap if you didn't mean it or not, you never threaten people's lives like that. If i was Trem, i'd freaking IP ban you for pulling that crap. Why you aren't atleast account banned blows my freaking mind.
I must admit being more than a little freaked out when Delta first posted this. Not knowing anything about AoKMikeY, or what he is capable of, I thought we were in for another TomBMX/ZombieModding takeover.

Trying to put myself in the shoes of people on both sides I can see how I might have done/said some foolish things too (wouldn't be the first time). But ultimately I have full faith in Delta & Trem, I believe they are good people and don't believe that they would intentionally do anything illegal. Could they be difficult to work with at times...yea maybe, but that's not a crime and THAT'S the part that's none of our business anyway.

I trust that Mikey, Delta & Trem can get this stuff cleared up once emotions settle a bit - whether it be to pay for work already done or else getting everything taken down/given back, whatever, in a timely manner. Sometimes personalities clash and not everyone can work together and that's fine but we can do better than this thread today.
Delta/Trem, thank you for letting us know about this, but I think it's time for the three of you to have a closed door meeting so the community can get back to what it does best: making box maps, asking people when their maps are coming out and posting memes insulting each other. Let's go team!
Post by: daedra descent on January 23, 2016, 01:42:38 am
This statement alone leads me to believe that even if Trem is hard to work with he clearly believes in second chances, explanations, and honesty.

Trem obviously has nothing to hide and may have made a few mistakes along the way conveying his points, but even how defensive you are wording your stuff shows the "I am a victim attitude":

Second chance for someone who threatened to dox 200,000 people. Second chance for someone who broke a big forum rule by threatening to releasing personal information.

Clearly you don't have a clue how serious doxxing is and the affects it can have on one's life or the forum rules.

Also stuff takes time to remove guys so stop the whole "they are using his work", It is like saying Harry used Treyarchs work to make his perks. There will be similarities to whatever the UGX team produces and whatever Mikey has produced

Clearly its unrealistic for him to expect Trem and delta to remove all of his CSS/JS/Whatever instantaneously.

and Harry did use Treyarch's work. Where do you think the machines came from?

Post by: JWofle on January 23, 2016, 01:59:50 am
I don't see the problem tbh, the only sensitive details mikey supposedly has access to are emails (what can he even do with these c'mon) and IPs (some of which are dynamic).

Even if someone's name is leaked via PayPal info, it won't have any effects on their life- none of this will. This situation has been extremely blown out of proportion..  :poker:
Post by: KDXDARK on January 23, 2016, 02:02:16 am
Can't we all just get along and make some cool mods? :alone:

Seriously I feel like a large chunk of users here have lost the sense of community. I see more people spewing bullshit here than I see people responding in the General Help section.
Thoose days end like 4 years ago.

I think this topic must be closed now before it get out of hand...

Also Mike and UGX team, talk on skype to try to solve the problem without making more problems, talk about all but always keeping the limits(dont be stupids like me). Life isnt long enough to have problems.
Post by: liamsa669 on January 23, 2016, 02:05:29 am
i dont even know my password, so if aokmikey could pm me it, id love it  :troll: (tbh i really dont know my pass :D tank gud for the save pass feature)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 23, 2016, 02:06:40 am
I don't see the problem tbh, the only sensitive details mikey supposedly has access to are emails (what can he even do with these c'mon) and IPs (some of which are dynamic).

Even if someone's name is leaked via PayPal info, it won't have any effects on their life- none of this will. This situation has been extremely blown out of proportion..  :poker:
and EVERY pm - so in theory just about every private asset i own - and even the password o my steam that i guess i need to go change YET again..., as well as my private conversations, messages I have sent as part of moderating that are "not" for others to see amoungst a million other things?

Your just being silly now... Its called a "private" message for a reason....
Post by: liamsa669 on January 23, 2016, 02:09:53 am
and EVERY pm - so in theory just about every private asset i own - and even the password o my steam that i guess i need to go change YET again..., as well as my private conversations, messages I have sent as part of moderating that are "not" for others to see amoungst a million other things?

its ur fault for not knowing that SMF saves the PMs :D
Post by: daedra descent on January 23, 2016, 02:13:06 am
Harry doesnt make models, he makes scripts. I am referring to his scripts.

Even then, is every function in his script his? Including those included in the script itself such as _zombiemode_utility? Going to guess not.

Not that there is anything wrong with using them. There isn't. Just silly to say that Harry's perks are made up of code 100% made by him.

Even if someone's name is leaked via PayPal info, it won't have any effects on their life- none of this will. This situation has been extremely blown out of proportion..

If you don't think that information can't be used to track someone and get a hold of like credit card information or SSN via Social Engineering or something, your delusional.

Post by: treminaor on January 23, 2016, 02:14:36 am
Now all of sudden we're talking about respect? What happened to maturity? Just because you don't respect someone doesn't mean they can't be mature.
Respect and maturity go hand-in-hand. However we're both severely off topic now so let's just get back to the original subject.

But no. I am not going to stoop as low as Trem and Delta have in this post. You both value your community as much as I would value my worst enemy. I have nothing more to say on this fact. I have no database. You feel for a trick.
How has anything here proved we do not value our community? We highly value their security and well-being, and you threatened that when you came around pretending (we still don't know if you were really pretending) to have a rip of the database. Shows how much you can be trusted... we give you minimal server access (which you asked for so many times) so you can edit php files... you use it to dump database information. Really trustworthy behavior right there.

UGX ( Trem and Delta ) made me believe they where going to continue using my designs with out agreeing to give me credit. You can see why this would annoy me. I worked very hard for months to make these design.
Please show me the message(s) which made you believe this with such certainty that you thought an appropriate response was to threaten not only us but our entire community. And be careful not to leave out any context which might affect how people view these messages!

I am frankly appalled by UGX for banning me after I reply to a topic to defend myself. Nothing more. Nothing less. I just wanted to DEFEND myself in the public's eye. You disrespect your members and you have the audacity to say you are being transparent but you only are when it looks bad on me. I have admitted my mistakes but you do not care to admit your own.
You were temp banned by Delta for breaking rule 10 of the site and for posting screenshots of the UGX Launcher which you did not have permission to post + posting screenshots of your supposed database leak which is private information again.

This is a misunderstanding based on some mistakes I unintentionally made earlier today. We do not intend to continue using the parts of that theme which he is directly responsible for. The theme is no longer public and it was NEVER intended for it to be public in its current state which still contains files from Mikey such as the javascript slideshow. I thought it was secure from anyone except staff members to use, but apparently there is a way to enable it via a URL in your browser... so for now its completely uninstalled to prevent further unauthorized use.

This statement alone leads me to believe that even if Trem is hard to work with he clearly believes in second chances, explanations, and honesty.
Thank you for the kind words. Again I'm trying my best to keep this is as transparent and fair as possible - it gets very difficult sometimes when my own reputation is taken into question or someone else in the team, sometimes it leads to an outburst like earlier today for which I apologize.

I did not want to ban Mikey before he had a chance to respond to our concerns because this would be seen as us having something to hide, which we clearly don't. The added bonus was by not immediately banning Mikey he admitted that he was joking and trying to scare us rather than making real threats - everyone here was able to see that and didn't have to just take our word for something that may have been said behind closed doors. This is the type of transparency we strive to have with the community.

I don't like having to have these dirty laundry topics which go for 10-20 pages of arguing but sometimes that's just how things have to to go to reach a resolution or conclusion.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 23, 2016, 02:22:55 am
how is it "my fault" when

a- i have never been told
b- have no experience - what so ever - with SMF?
c- noone should be stealing our DB anyway...

Moderator - not staff....

And im gonna choose to let that go DD... but i assure you i used very little of treyarchs crap in my 5000 lines of code thank you, so i hardly think they count, and had i needed to i could have easily rewritten theirs, and infact in several places i "did" and had to write my own utility to fill in the missing functions from BO2- and over time have practically rewritten just about every zombie related script infact...
Just silly to say that Harry's perks are made up of code 100% made by him.
Post by: Centric on January 23, 2016, 02:51:00 am
This litterrly went from:

The database got leaked change your password

Everyone is terrible at their job

Harrys perks are treyarchs with modifications

:please:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 23, 2016, 02:53:29 am
This litterrly went from

The database got leaked change your password

Everyone is terrible at their job

> whoops i mean the database wasnt stolen

Harrys perks are treyarchs
you missed a bit  :D
Post by: Scobalula on January 23, 2016, 09:24:36 am

A major concern for me too, I don't have any messages that would be of any significance if gotten out but still they are private.

I highly suggest you delete or private any files you have on your Mega, Mediafire Accounts, etc. that you would consider private.

It's not our fault that/if the DB got/gets leaked, I don't what forum software doesn't save them though I know some forum ownsers "prune" them after a while.

I don't like having to have these dirty laundry topics which go for 10-20 pages of arguing but sometimes that's just how things have to to go to reach a resolution or conclusion.

That's people for you, use these threads as a way to express their personal dig against someone...

Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 23, 2016, 11:15:12 am
A major concern for me too, I don't have any messages that would be of any significance if gotten out but still they are private.

I highly suggest you delete or private any files you have on your Mega, Mediafire Accounts, etc. that you would consider private.

It's not our fault that/if the DB got/gets leaked, I don't what forum software doesn't save them though I know some forum ownsers "prune" them after a while.

That's people for you, use these threads as a way to express their personal dig against someone...
luckily i think a load of my links have been removed and reuploaded ( i hope ), there was still some personal shit in there tho lol. Personally I believe him when he says he didnt really dump it and was just pulling something. But ofc I do recommend to everyone else that they do as advised by Scoba here as there is no way to be sure
Post by: JWofle on January 23, 2016, 11:37:42 am
If you don't think that information can't be used to track someone and get a hold of like credit card information or SSN via Social Engineering or something, your delusional.
lol we're talking about the DB, not if your stupid enough to give somebody your SSN or credit card.

Also for people freaking out about PMs, he wouldn't just check EVERY pm to see if he can get assets or private info.
he doesn't even have the DB so  :rainbow:

(edited the post because i had to change something)
Post by: Exofile on January 23, 2016, 11:40:21 am
I don't think it can, I may be missing something but I still don't think it can. And besides, if mikey had the database he wouldn't go through 200k people to get a credit card.
Same with PMs, he wouldn't just check EVERY pm to see if he can get assets or private info.

he doesn't even have the DB so  :rainbow:

He could just check for the accounts that match what he is looking for. Besides, some people will go far with these things, you never know.
Post by: JWofle on January 23, 2016, 11:46:16 am
He could just check for the accounts that match what he is looking for. Besides, some people will go far with these things, you never know.
If you're talking about PMs, 219k PMs.. He'd have fun with that.
I'm guessing PMs text files aren't conveniently named "Exofile Assets" (unless they are, i don't really know).
And if it's with IPs or anything else really, mikey literally doesn't want a thing from UGX, no money, no assets, no private info.
He said he's done with everything.
Post by: Exofile on January 23, 2016, 11:50:56 am
I'm guessing PMs text files aren't conveniently named "Exofile Assets" (unless they are, i don't really know).
And if it's with IPs or anything else really, mikey literally doesn't want a thing from UGX, no money, no assets, no private info.

Exactly. He says so. Sadly, when someone brings out a threat like this, trust is broken, even if it was just a joke. Which is why I can understand the UGX Staff having a difficult time to see if he really did steal it or not. For now, all the best that I can see is to follow the warnings that are given out. It's better to be safe than sorry. :)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 23, 2016, 12:42:44 pm
bit of a shining knight for him aint ya

well, thanks anyway, but we will handle this how we feel is correct, not based on "what mikey said"
Post by: JWofle on January 23, 2016, 01:09:24 pm
bit of a shining knight for him aint ya

well, thanks anyway, but we will handle this how we feel is correct, not based on "what mikey said"
Yes, because he's telling the truth lol
Anyway, do what you want, but nobody would bruteforce 200k passwords so changing your password is useless. Anyway, if you trusted mikey to design for UGX, you can trust his apology and move on.
Post by: Exofile on January 23, 2016, 01:16:58 pm
Anyway, do what you want, but nobody would bruteforce 200k passwords so changing your password is useless. Anyway, if you trusted mikey to design for UGX, you can trust his apology and move on.

They trusted him for the design. That trust was broken, once this all happened.
Post by: liamsa669 on January 23, 2016, 01:21:36 pm
how is it "my fault" when

a- i have never been told
b- have no experience - what so ever - with SMF?
c- noone should be stealing our DB anyway...

Moderator - not staff....

And im gonna choose to let that go DD... but i assure you i used very little of treyarchs crap in my 5000 lines of code thank you, so i hardly think they count, and had i needed to i could have easily rewritten theirs, and infact in several places i "did" and had to write my own utility to fill in the missing functions from BO2- and over time have practically rewritten just about every zombie related script infact...
so your saying, getting ripped off durring a contract because they phrase things in such a way that you dont understand, yet you sign it anyways... thats not ur fault? A website is like anything else, you need to research it before you think about giving it your private info. Another example of "not my fault" is all those "fake" googles and other sites that look exactly like the actual google site, but are just there to steal your info. It is completely your fault for not looking at the adress bar. Also ive seen many people get "hacked" because they sign up on these sites. So if you want to blame anyone, blame yourself for not reasearching, btw SMF is the forum base that UGX uses and it is displayed at the bottom :troll:
(https://i.gyazo.com/d4426ed54f4b96e6b2265345c664ce12.png)
#gottaLovePeople who blame others for their ignorance
NO one stole anything, he was given the information and does not seem that he signed a nondisclosure act. SO thus it is perfectly OK to tell others what he has done/worked with. You guys dont realize, buisnesses like google used to sell your info back in the early 2000s but they got caught and they just told you that it is in the TOS.

Sure its morally wrong for people to do this, but WAKE UP TO REAL LIFE U MOTHER FUCKERS WHO THINK THAT, morals dont matter in buisness. All that matters is money, fame, and efficency
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 23, 2016, 02:03:23 pm
"I" didnt and i already didnt trust him, i am a mod who has potentially also been effected, just like the members, so your logic as usual is flawed. As is your attempts to convince 200,000 people

and liams your just being stupid now... you may understand every tiny detail, the other 99% of ANY community only understands what they can obviously. I also doubt most of them would even know "what" to check... Which is the same as any customer of any bank youll find ( I would know i work in em ). Private is private.

And I am "required" to PM due to my role on the website...
Post by: Sidzzz on January 23, 2016, 02:08:20 pm
Ok seriously, at this point the sole thing that this forum thread does is propagate arguements. Let's try and be reasonable, mm?
Post by: liamsa669 on January 23, 2016, 02:19:36 pm

and liams your just being stupid now... you may understand every tiny detail, the other 99% of ANY community only understands what they can obviously. I also doubt most of them would even know "what" to check... Which is the same as any customer of any bank youll find ( I would know i work in em ). Private is private.
private is not private, there is always someone who can see your "private" information. And i see nothing inside this that negates what i said
Post by: mrpeanut188 on January 23, 2016, 02:23:56 pm
private is not private, there is always someone who can see your "private" information. And i see nothing inside this that negates what i said

Harry the only thing I have to say is that if PM's were not stored how would they show up in your account, they don't just work on pixie dust since that's where info is stored, and also that no matter where you are however you send the message there is a way for a third-party to obtain that information.

Personally not changing my info as I do think Mikey fucked up but the threat isn't real. Also the fact that most of my passwords are different, that too.
Post by: liamsa669 on January 23, 2016, 02:29:24 pm
Harry the only thing I have to say is that if PM's were not stored how would they show up in your account, they don't just work on pixie dust since that's where info is stored, and also that no matter where you are however you send the message there is a way for a third-party to obtain that information.

Personally not changing my info as I do think Mikey fucked up but the threat isn't real. Also the fact that most of my passwords are different, that too.
umm there are other means of storing pms, there are such things as storing them on another server same with passwords aswell, sure it would complicate some scripts but its called security. and yes i agree with you, there is always a possibility of a third party involvment
Post by: HitmanVere on January 23, 2016, 03:34:33 pm
Original topic was to discuss about changing passwords and about database leak, not about PMs being private or not. Lets keep it on topic, people, or we have to start issuing warnings to people, who keep on going off-topic
Post by: DodgeMe on January 23, 2016, 06:29:01 pm
Can i have a cookie?
Post by: MZslayer11 on January 23, 2016, 07:29:43 pm
I've read almost every post in this topic and I really didn't want to get involved because I really don't even know all the true information. Just people spewing billshit and throwing accusations. But what I do know that is true is this; Mickey threatened to release thousands of peoples private information which had the potentiality to literally ruin their lives. What in the fuck are we even discussing here? It doesn't matter if it was a "joke" or if he was just "mad" or "kidding". He should be permanently banned. Period. End of discussion. The 9 other pages of this discussion shouldn't even exist.
Post by: JWofle on January 23, 2016, 08:51:06 pm
Mickey threatened to release thousands of peoples private information which had the potentiality to literally ruin their lives.
Ruin lives?  :poker:
Post by: MZslayer11 on January 23, 2016, 09:57:52 pm
Ruin lives?  :poker:

Um... passwords that may have been used on several sites, pay-pal info, IP adresses, personal conversations, should I continue? You could certainly ruin someones life with that type of sensitive information.

Even if you don't consider that data "life altering", it still doesn't make the threat any less deserving of a punishment.
Post by: JWofle on January 23, 2016, 11:37:02 pm
Um... passwords that may have been used on several sites, pay-pal info, IP adresses, personal conversations.
Hashed password that need 4-5 years of bruteforce (trem said this  :poker:), pay-pal info... LIKE YOUR NAME (oh god). IPs can be ddossed yeah but it wouldn't make sense for Mikey just to ddos some people, he has no motive. And then PMs, if you put anything in PMs that could ruin your life it's your own fault- this is a zombie forum ;-;

edit- most IPs are dynamic too so  :derp:
Post by: Exofile on January 23, 2016, 11:39:57 pm
Hashed password that need 4-5 years of bruteforce (trem said this  :poker:), pay-pal info... LIKE YOUR NAME (oh god). IPs can be ddossed yeah but it wouldn't make sense for Mikey just to ddos some people, he has no motive. And then PMs, if you put anything in PMs that could ruin your life it's your own fault- this is a zombie forum ;-;

We should be able to consider PM's a safe way of conversating.. There is a reason it's not viewable to anyone but recievers and those who sent them.
Post by: JWofle on January 24, 2016, 12:14:58 am
We should be able to consider PM's a safe way of conversating.. There is a reason it's not viewable to anyone but recievers and those who sent them.
Welp, UGX seems to be only suggesting to change your password. Also if Mikey had the database, permbanning him wouldn't stop him from doing anything  :poker:
Post by: UndeadGaming on January 24, 2016, 12:36:05 am
Well guys i think enough is enough there is no need for all these comments it should of ended when AoMiKey wanted to end it cause tbh this was all about slagging him off and ofc he has enough guts to call it quits which i see some certin members dont have that ability (not gonna say any names) why cant we all just accept the fact that yeah people make mistakes.Mistakes have been made on both sides of this argument no 1 is innocent in this argument so tbh there is no point trying to put a halo above the ugx team so they look better.

I think you should all stop bitching and just give up on this convo because 1 of the comments i saw cant remember what staff member it was but they were asking for images of trem/delta leading AoMikey to believe they were still gonna use his designs. Tbh thats a simple class of girl to girl bitching like cmon ppl get a hold of yourselves and just put this behind you because to be honest its getting a bit boring seeing the same ppl moan and groan because they want to.I think if the staff members are as good as they portray themselves to be they should lock this conversation as n1 needs to bring it up again.

F.Y.I My account didnt get touched  at all :troll:
Post by: MZslayer11 on January 24, 2016, 02:19:37 am

Even if you don't consider that data "life altering", it still doesn't make the threat any less deserving of a punishment.
Post by: daedra descent on January 24, 2016, 05:33:02 am

Shill for the person who threatened to dox 200, 000+ people and broke a major forum rule harder, please.

Doesn't matter if he had a motive or not, or whether he did do it or not. The rules are the goddamn rules:  http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0)

10. You will never threaten another site members' personal property, family, or life.
This includes disclosing personal information such as IP Addresses, home addresses, names, phone numbers, DDOS attacks, etc. Threatening or committing any of these actions via private message or otherwise will result in a immediate permanent ban from the site. This behavior is completely unacceptable and in most cases illegal.
Post by: treminaor on January 24, 2016, 06:11:28 am
Like I said earlier in the topic, we were trying to give Michael a chance to speak for himself rather than silencing him right away with a ban. He did break rule #10 and we are not ignoring that. Since it would appear he is done discussing this issue and using this website, I will go ahead and apply the ban he earned for breaking rule 10 now.

I am going to lock this topic now because it's evolving into a completely different discussion.

Again, we are sorry that this potential information leak occurred and we will take additional precautions in the future before giving team members potential access to the MySQL database. In retrospect we should not have used a clone of the UGX database for our development copy of the site, we should have created a separate one which only contained the data necessary for testing.

We do not expect that any malicious activity will occur as a result of this breach but we cannot guarantee this - it is out of our control. We regret if you experience any issues from this breach and we hope to regain your trust as best as we can. We have a ton of awesome things planned for 2016 and a lot of it will be announced soon, so we appreciate everyone who is sticking along for the ride.

Thank you all for your understanding.

If you have further concerns or questions: