UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[Video] Blundergat, Sweeper, & Vitriolic Withering in UGX Mod v1.1!

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by SajeOne
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Just reviewed footage and had a thought regarding the Vitrolic's explosion sound - would you consider using the Scavenger sound?
It is pretty much identical imo and would be more in line with the original sound from MotD

Another thought regards a comment you made about the Blundergat and Crossbow, curious if both will feature together or whether the Crossbow will be replaced - I don't know what others may think but you could trade out the Crossbow freeing up some space?

Irrespective of any of this I once again applaud your work and look forward to a very bright future :)
Both will be kept. As for the explosion sound we will take a look.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Just reviewed footage and had a thought regarding the Vitrolic's explosion sound - would you consider using the Scavenger sound?
It is pretty much identical imo and would be more in line with the original sound from MotD
I noticed a similarity but the scavenger sound has a long leadup sound before the explosion, and if I were to use that I would have to make a second version of the sound which has the leadup cut out. Not worth adding an additional soundalias in my opinion.

Another thought regards a comment you made about the Blundergat and Crossbow, curious if both will feature together or whether the Crossbow will be replaced - I don't know what others may think but you could trade out the Crossbow freeing up some space?

Irrespective of any of this I once again applaud your work and look forward to a very bright future :)
The crossbow and the V Withering are not the same gun, despite their similar explosion effect. The V Withering does a shitload more damage than the Crossbow because of its triple-burst projectiles, making it more effective than the Crossbow. I think the two can exist without it being a waste of a weapon slot, but if we run out of room (which we are about to...), we will consider removing it along with some of the outdated CoD4 weapons.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Gay means happy and Ultimately Happy Experience seems cool.
And my stepbrother is gay and hes happy too. TMG will you ever learn?
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
And my stepbrother is gay and hes happy too. TMG will you ever learn?

You cannot blame TMG as a collective for one persons actions. Best to just leave this be and try to stay on-topic.

@Trem - I don't know about others, but I would definitely be happy to see some of the outdated WaW or CoD4 weapons removed if it means getting newer and/or better weapons added. :)

Date Registered: 28 March 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
SarcyMoFo's Groups
SarcyMoFo's Contact & Social Links
@Trem - Fair points, wasn't aware the build-up & explosion were one continuous sound file but probably should have guessed as much
Regarding slots, I'm all for them co-existing (I personally enjoy the Crossbow on BO1) - was just checking up on a comment I saw previously
That said I appreciate the dialogue and thank you for indulging me
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
Gay means happy and Ultimately Happy Experience seems cool.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 13 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
please not paying attention to TMG, they dont exist, forgot about them
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
i would have no issue of saying goodbye to the crossbow and COD4 weaponry if it means we can get newer and better stuff
Date Registered: 1 December 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
itzzweeman's Groups
itzzweeman's Contact & Social LinksiiTzWeeMan
is this on all maps
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
is this on all maps
Any maps that have UGX-MOD v1.1 once it's released.
Date Registered: 21 April 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Nice work as usual. I also ported the Blundergat and Acidgat variants as well as the Acid Gat Kit. I was also aware of the misalignment with certain parts of the gun in maya, the bullet alignment problem can be seen in BO2 so it was their animator. The handle for the loader is caused by some other problem, but they can all be fixed with a little Maya know-how. I'm glad you guys took the extra time to make some more improvements, if you want to see my port click on my YT channel icon ;). Keep up the awesome work!
Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:08:26 pm by offthewall2112
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
I also ported the Blundergat and Acidgat variants as well as the Acid Gat Kit.

Just checked out your port and have to say, well done man... really impressive! +1 for the Acid Kit too. :)
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Nice work as usual. I also ported the Blundergat and Acidgat variants as well as the Acid Gat Kit. I was also aware of the misalignment with certain parts of the gun in maya, the bullet alignment problem can be seen in BO2 so it was their animator. The handle for the loader is caused by some other problem, but they can all be fixed with a little Maya know-how. I'm glad you guys took the extra time to make some more improvements, if you want to see my port click on my YT channel icon ;). Keep up the awesome work!
The gun is swaying inward like a raygun when you walk, you're missing the muzzleflash effects on the gun, your reload anim does not flip open the doghead armor on the top of the gun, and the acid texture on your projectile and on the gun itself is wrong - not trying to be mean, just pointing the stuff out so that you can improve the port even more. Good job on having the kit though, that's really cool. We thought about adding it but we are trying to avoid having anything which mappers have to place in their maps beyond the perk machines.

I really like your acid explosion effect, better than mine. I get really tired of spending time in EffectsEd trying to replicate someone else's work in that shitty excuse for a program so lately I've been a bit lazy in that department lol.
Date Registered: 21 April 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
The gun is swaying inward like a raygun when you walk, you're missing the muzzleflash effects on the gun, your reload anim does not flip open the doghead armor on the top of the gun, and the acid texture on your projectile and on the gun itself is wrong - not trying to be mean, just pointing the stuff out so that you can improve the port even more. Good job on having the kit though, that's really cool. We thought about adding it but we are trying to avoid having anything which mappers have to place in their maps beyond the perk machines.
I'll look into the inward sway thing.

I just referenced the muzzle flash on youtube and you're right, for some reason I thought the acid gat wasn't supposed to have a muzzle flash so I'll fix that, but the other three variants have muzzle flashes.

I just rechecked the reload anim and I can't see what you mean about the armor, it's not supposed to look like this? I checked your video too and it looks like it does the same thing: http://i43.tinypic.com/2qa3gba.png

The acid texture was a little weird, Echo tried a lot of different things with it and came up with the current sub-layer scroll texture settings. If we used model_unlit on the acid_ember it would have definitely gave it more pop though.

Thanks for the support.

I really like your acid explosion effect, better than mine. I get really tired of spending time in EffectsEd trying to replicate someone else's work in that shitty excuse for a program so lately I've been a bit lazy in that department lol.
Haha, yeah Echo made the FX for this one, it definitely does the job. I always hate making FX, but if I was more used to the program maybe it wouldn't be so bad. =p
Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 05:13:46 am by offthewall2112
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I must have misunderstood which gun I was watching you use - you're right your anim is correct. Did you have the issue we currently have where the brass ammo holder is coming through the hand?

This is what I meant with the acid texture being wrong: http://i.imgur.com/L5lxzZF.png

Notice the bottom of the acid tubes are covered on the stock, the ammo cartridges are covered by armor near the receiver, and the tips of the barrels are covered in a gold metal texture.

Loading ...