Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
While we are not obligated to notify you when the forum rules are updated, we have made two major changes which we want to make the community aware of. Due to recent behavior by certain members of the community we have chosen to add two rules to the forum regarding modifying other people's released maps/mods and releasing cheating tools. You can view the full rules here.

Here are the two new rules:
Quote from: Updated Forum Rules
11. Don't tweak other people's work without permission.
You may not upload a modification of another community member's work without their explicit permission. This includes making patches or updates to a map/mod, remakes, and any other act which involves uploading a modified version of something released on this website. If we receive a complaint that someone's content has been ripped off/modified without permission, the thread will be closed until the issue is resolved.

12. Don't release ways to cheat/tamper with other people's work without permission.
Tools & files used to circumvent any protected content on this site are prohibited. This includes cheat scripts, cheat engines, cheat utilities, and any other script/tool which is used to bypass cheat protection, copy protection, or beta protection for anything released on this site.
broken avatar :(
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
GREAT! Now n1 and I are gonna have to be worse than DD to get our own rules! You give us too much work, trem  :troll:
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
11. Don't tweak other people's work without permission.[/size]You may not upload a modification of another community member's work without their explicit permission. This includes patches, updates, remakes, and any other act which involves uploading a modified version of something released on this website. If we receive a complaint that someone's content has been ripped off/modified without permission, the thread will be closed until the issue is resolved.[/color]

Better remove the UGX Mod Tools patch then. Its modified work of sniperbolts.

12. Don't release ways to cheat/tamper with other people's work without permission.
Tools & files used to circumvent any protected content on this site are prohibited. This includes cheat scripts, cheat engines, cheat utilities, and any other script/tool which is used to bypass cheat protection, copy protection, or beta protection for anything released on this site.
[/size][/font]

[/size][size=78%]Better remove all of these then:[/size]
[/size]

[/size]http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10409.0.html[size=78%]

[/size]http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4849.0.html[size=78%]

[/size]http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7793.0.html[size=78%]

[/size]http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7009.0.html[size=78%]

[/size]http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9093.0.html[size=78%]

[/size]http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8715.0.html[size=78%]

[/font][/color]
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I see you're having fun playing with the fonts tool daedra.

Better remove the UGX Mod Tools patch then. Its modified work of sniperbolts.
First off the sniperbolt patch is already a patch. Not a map/mod release. Second it wasn't released here. Third Sniperbolt isn't around to give permission now, is he. Stop finding empty reasons to bitch.

The first link you posted we are already aware of. However it's not a modification of something released here, and custom maps aren't released yet for BO1 so for now it's not classified as a cheating tool and it stays. Later it might become a problem.

Second link is not a modification of custom content.

The remaining links I don't know why you sent them but if they are violating this rule then a site mod can look into it.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
[/size][/font][/color]

[/size][size=78%]Better remove all of these then:[/size]
[/size]

[/size]http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10409.0.html[size=78%]

[/size]http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4849.0.html[size=78%]

[/size]http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7793.0.html[size=78%]

[/size]http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7009.0.html[size=78%]

[/size]http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9093.0.html[size=78%]

[/size]http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8715.0.html[size=78%]

[/font][/color]

Rule applies to other people's (aka users) in this forums mods, like released maps. Does not apply for mods that are used for Treyarch maps
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
I see you're having fun playing with the fonts tool daedra.
First off the sniperbolt patch is already a patch. Not a map/mod release. Second it wasn't released here. Third Sniperbolt isn't around to give permission now, is he. Stop finding empty reasons to bitch.

The first link you posted we are already aware of. However it's not a modification of something released here, and custom maps aren't released yet for BO1 so for now it stays. Later it might become a problem.

Second link is not custom content.

The remaining links I don't know why you sent them but if they are violating this rule then a site mod can look into it.

::)

Very mature of you, Trem. You can fix it now.

anyway, none of that matters. The rule states as following:

You may not upload a modification of another community member's work without their explicit permission. This includes making patches or updates to a map/mod, remakes, and any other act which involves uploading a modified version of something released on this website. If we receive a complaint that someone's content has been ripped off/modified without permission, the thread will be closed until the issue is resolved.

Anything that is a modification of someone else's work isn't allowed. If that isn't the case, you need to be more clear.

The other rule also states tampering with anyone's work. In other worse, not just the community's.

Rule applies to other people's (aka users) in this forums mods, like released maps. Does not apply for mods that are used for Treyarch maps

Because its all for "fun" even though some people make money off of it, right?
Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:48:11 pm by daedra descent
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member

Because its all for "fun" even though some people make money off of it, right?
seriously wtf are you trying to accomplish putting this formatting in your posts
Code Snippet
Plaintext
[color=rgb(163, 163, 163)][font=arial][size=11px]
First I thought you just screwed up your tags but now you've done it again so I'm genuinely curious.

Yes of course users in this forum are our primary concern. It's literally our job to make sure users in this forum are happy. Treyarch gives zero fucks about people releasing mods for stock maps. The users on this forum however do care very much about their own maps. Something which you clearly still don't understand.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra

Yes of course users in this forum are our primary concern. It's literally our job to make sure users in this forum are happy. Treyarch gives zero fucks about people releasing mods for stock maps. The users on this forum however do care very much about their own maps. Something which you clearly still don't understand.

Thought you were doing it in an attempt to troll me. Guess not, then?

Site is borked for me on Chromium(Google Chrome) and Firefox then. White reply box and tags are all screwed up. Microsoft Edge works but I can't use tags in the reply area.

So mappers want people to respect their work while simultaneously not respecting the wishes of people who spent a portion of their lives making the game, tools, and assets, is that about right?

Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:21:39 pm by daedra descent
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Thought you were doing it in an attempt to troll me. Guess not, then?

Site is borked for me on Chromium(Google Chrome) and Firefox then. White reply box and tags are all screwed up. Microsoft Edge works but I can't use tags in the reply area.
It's working for me in both FF and Chrome.

So mappers want people to respect their work while simultaneously not respecting the wishes of people who spent a portion of their lives making the game, tools, and assets, is that about right?
So you know what everyone working at Treyarch is thinking now? Or that it's our concern? We're concerned about the community because we're also a part of this community. We aren't a part of Treyarch.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Can we make a rule against juvenile little ( no Harry restrain yourself ) "people" uploading our Skype accounts to dodgy Arabic dating sites just coz they were told to behave?

Lol I'm sure you know the ppl in question, ten minutes after our chat, and with all my current issues and they think now is a good time to do that to me apparently...
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
It's working for me in both FF and Chrome.

So you know what everyone working at Treyarch is thinking now? Or that it's our concern? We're concerned about the community because we're also a part of this community. We aren't a part of Treyarch.

Strange. I tested IE 11 and its working like Edge. What versions are you running?

No, just that no one asked them if they wanted their stuff tampered with(whole maps, anyway). Treyarch is the only reason this community is possible, after all. They are the ones who released the mod tools, so it would be best to respect them the same way the community wants others to respect their work, yeah?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Strange. I tested IE 11 and its working like Edge. What versions are you running?
Latest on both.

No, just that no one asked them if they wanted their stuff tampered with(whole maps, anyway). Treyarch is the only reason this community is possible, after all. They are the ones who released the mod tools, so it would be best to respect them the same way the community wants others to respect their work, yeah?
You should ask them if they feel disrespected then since it's concerning you so much.
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt

Honestly, I'm giving Trem a +1 right now for showing this much fucking restraint with you, DD. You have no idea how many people you annoy with your bs on a daily basis with bitching about respecting 3arc when they very obviously released fucking mod tools for their shit because they WANT people to MOD the fucking game if they want to have fun! If a mapper wants people to fuck around in their map, they'll set sv_cheats to 1 and let people bust a goddamn nut.

Do you see this DD? It says,"Hey, fucking enjoy yourself."

Above all this, mappers are not paid (save for Oil Rig, but we saw how all that shit went down). This is NOT their jobs. It is a HOBBY. This is all meant to be played whatever way the mapper alone feels it should be played. 3arc clearly are okay with it so there's no fucking room for you to be bitching about people cheating in BO1.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Latest on both.

I'll admit, you almost had me fooled. Unfortunately for you, I know about javascript and how to disable it. You can change it back now.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I'll admit, you almost had me fooled. Unfortunately for you, I know about javascript and how to disable it. You can change it back now.
What are you on about now? I haven't changed anything on the site related to the post form.

Loading ...